Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

lasagna is a sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Literally Kermit posted:

Stromboli is fukkin delicious

Yup, check this stromboli/calzone I made on Tuesday.

Fresh made moz, mushroom, spinach, high end salami, chili flakes and garlic.

It was the best thing I've ever made.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Eifert Posting posted:

Yup, check this stromboli/calzone I made on Tuesday.

Fresh made moz, mushroom, spinach, high end salami, chili flakes and garlic.

It was the best thing I've ever made.

yeah but how much sauce did you eat it with?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gonz posted:

I feel like Million Ants is going to be a fan favorite.

Bonus if Million Ants attacks people by swarming into their eyes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah but how much sauce did you eat it with?

I had a tomato blend but it wasn't needed.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Simsmagic posted:

lasagna is a sandwich

Cheese is bread?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0AJct5scg

Episode sneak peak, some great character design in there

Public service announcement to please thank the Bardel animators. at 0:40 seconds in. Some one had to hand rotoscope 55~ish drawings of a 3D space ship.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Do new EPS air at 11 or 1130 Tomorrow?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexides posted:

I don't even know if you are being sarcastic right now.

I never sarcasm about Risotto.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Somehow I only learned the new season had started yesterday, which explains why for the last two weeks I've been having this existential gnawing feeling I was missing something.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Human Crouton posted:

I feel that since ants are run by a queen, that we are going to get a huge influx of articles about how empowering or insulting Million Ants is.

Honestly? It does kind of bug me that million ants is referred to with male pronouns instead of female ones even though ants are primarily female species. It also bugs me that the ants in A Bugs Life are mostly depicted as male, and I have the same problem with the male bees in Bee Movie. I just care so much about the gender depictions of cartoon insects! :argh:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Honestly? It does kind of bug me that million ants is referred to with male pronouns instead of female ones even though ants are primarily female species. It also bugs me that the ants in A Bugs Life are mostly depicted as male, and I have the same problem with the male bees in Bee Movie. I just care so much about the gender depictions of cartoon insects! :argh:

Those bug movies are more about human society than actual bugs :anttony::aaa::aaa::aaaaa:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
In both Bugs Life and Antz, the characters who betray the queen/colony are the male-voiced characters who the queen feels obligated to delegate to. However you read into that, the men are still the ones doing more harm than good.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

OmegaBR posted:

I have this theory that Jerry has actually committed suicide several times, but each time Rick brings another unwitting Jerry from another dimension in to keep the family dynamic stable (for his own convenience if nothing else.)

You're basing this on what, though? Rick's oft-demonstrated concern for the family unit? His understated but very real respect for Jerry? His understated but very real respect for anyone's life besides his own? The fact that he covers his tracks so well (in regards to hiding things from the family)?

I don't know. It's an interesting theory, but in my opinion, it's conflicts with Rick's personality too much. I mean, yeah, Rick's not a one-dimensional character incapable of complexities and inconsistency here and there, but his sudden care for Jerry's (of all meaningless people's) death (of all meaningless concepts) at his own hand (of all meaningless details) seems conspicuous to me. It's like a guy who eats nothing but flavorless Soylent every day and who you've never seen eating any regular food (and who constantly shouts about how he's above such things) suddenly displaying a connoisseur-level appreciation for specific types of Skittles.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rick's also only willing to put in a certain amount of effort. Constantly replacing Jerry sounds like it goes way over that threshold.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You know what though? Being able to constantly replace Jerry seems like the ultimate dick move because that makes Jerry completely disposable and replaceable.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Rick's also only willing to put in a certain amount of effort. Constantly replacing Jerry sounds like it goes way over that threshold.

Yeah, he could have easily sent Jaguar to a dimension where his daughter was still alive, but eh, lying was slightly less hassle, so he went with that.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Odds are Jaguar in that dimension would still be alive too. Jaguar vs. Jaguar.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Are you misgendering a million ants when he identifies as a man????

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

As the super scientist on the super hero team Rick is probably the creator of Worldender.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Some doodad that auto-abducts a random Jerry from the daycare would take, what, five minutes? Just get Doofus Rick to build it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Baronjutter posted:

Are you misgendering a million ants when he identifies as a man????

....touché, Baronjutter.

NecroMonster posted:

As the super scientist on the super hero team Rick is probably the creator of Worldender.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Rick somehow IS Worldender. It was probably just a disguise he came up with as part of a scam to get free beer, but the plan got way out of hand.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Alt-right fascists are throwing a fit and yelling about a Rick and Morty boycott over Dan Harmon calling out Nazi scum after yesterday's terror attacks.
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/896852326241116160
https://twitter.com/ThatRetro/status/896859726729707520

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dang this show is airing super late. What's up with that?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hasn't it always?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Dan Harmon was always good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, I saw the premiere at a bar, and it aired (or streamed) at 930. Not 12am.

Or maybe it streams earlier than it airs on TV.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The livestream on adultswim.com is playing some guys playing a weird video game and the schedule doesn't seem to have rick and morty on it tonight. What gives?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

empty whippet box posted:

The livestream on adultswim.com is playing some guys playing a weird video game and the schedule doesn't seem to have rick and morty on it tonight. What gives?

Adult Swim said on twitter that Rick and Morty will not be streamed on adultswim.com tonight, for some reason. If I had to guess, it's something beyond their control, since they announced this pretty last-minute and basically asked people to run pirate streams in their announcement

as a non-cable-haver i dont know where else this is watchable live which sucks

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Holy fuckballs. Anyone else watching this "Rick in Mourning"?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Someone post a loving live stream

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I have a cable subscription to log into, shouldn't adult swim be airing on the simulcast? It's just a loading symbol right now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty sure it's airing 11:30 cuz watching Pickle Rick and it said episode 4 is next.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I dunno, I saw the premiere at a bar, and it aired (or streamed) at 930. Not 12am.

Or maybe it streams earlier than it airs on TV.

Sounds like you're west coast? It's airing normally in central at least (11:30 est/10:30 cst). I'd say it was getting preempted for something but that's usually network tv.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does the Adult Swim livestream usually show Rick and Morty or was that a special case with the premiere of season 3

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

Does the Adult Swim livestream usually show Rick and Morty or was that a special case with the premiere of season 3

It was actually showing for the first 3 episodes but today they aren't showing it, they didn't disclose specifically why but the fact some people couldn't watch ep3 til ilke the half cuz of the fish center stream I think they are taking some precautions to do it again. Though I'm not sure if they ever did Season 1 or 2 cuz I didn't watch it online so yeah I dunno either.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You know it's going to be a good episode when they doom the human species to Extinction in the first minute.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Morty invoking his adventure selection privilege is a good callback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My balls