Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

oatgan posted:

The only thing I've seen about guys not getting paid was Tonga Loa blasting them on twitter and later apologizing when it was discovered they accidentally paid Tama Tonga twice

Bit late but this amuses me way more than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Catch people, you fuckers!

And that show sounds truly horrific, what the hell. And yeah, we have enough financial information to know Gabe is making ludicrous amounts of money considering. Wasn't there an investment deal that equaled out to being given like $35,000 per tiny indy show he ran? So he could run shows with the typical economics of an indy show, and just pocket that extra if he desired.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 13, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apparently the rest of the crew have been in a car rental place overnight with no food, and are stranded in New York with no way to get to Boston

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Chris James 2 posted:

Apparently the rest of the crew have been in a car rental place overnight with no food, and are stranded in New York with no way to get to Boston
I still don't understand how this happened.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

davidbix posted:

I still don't understand how this happened.

I'm not either, but a decent chunk of the crew (including Bate and Seven) was at Penn Station this morning, so I think everyone is on their way. Seeing them roll up while I was in line for my Amtrak (I'm going to Montreal for the week :toot:) was a particularly surreal cap to the last 12 hours.

https://twitter.com/thisis_progress/status/896711281343963136

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Wazzu posted:

And that show sounds truly horrific, what the hell. And yeah, we have enough financial information to know Gabe is making ludicrous amounts of money considering. Wasn't there an investment deal that equaled out to being given like $35,000 per tiny indy show he ran? So he could run shows with the typical economics of an indy show, and just pocket that extra if he desired.

wwn got 3.5m over 5 years. i forget the math about how many shows/year he promised, but don't forget that gabe is so cheap that he borrowed a bad ring in san antonio that nearly killed three wrestlers (and retired one) earlier this year. not to mention how little pushback he gets from flo about how low rent his shows look for the money they're paying him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

abraham linksys posted:

noted local NY wrestling jerk Darius Carter busted Pete Dunne's head open last night, requiring like 15 stitches, so Dunne's off the PROGRESS NYC & Boston cards this weekend :smith:

Throw Darius in with Ian Rotten and Nick Gage. Bet he'll go respectfully after that.

E: whoever setup this tour for PROGRESS deserves to be shot out of a cannon.

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 13, 2017

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lol

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

This was funny as hell and reminded me of the like 100 people who thought they'd make a career being club promoters when I was in high school.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

They're hopefully going to announce a partnership with cutco knives.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Would go great with my Global Force Gold

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe they can hire a proofreader before they start hiring new promoters.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe's cocaine habit is getting out of control.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm now fully invested in seeing if the poo poo is visible on the VOD. how much poo poo is it? How visible is it? How do the people around the poo poo react? Do the wrestlers acknowledge the poo poo?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm now fully invested in seeing if the poo poo is visible on the VOD. how much poo poo is it? How visible is it? How do the people around the poo poo react? Do the wrestlers acknowledge the poo poo?

Strange way to open up about your fetish.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Somehow I get the feeling that match will be heavily edited.

It's really disheartening that the more I read, the shittier the situation seems to get for everyone (except Gabe, apparently). I had fun and really like going to Evolve shows, but :sigh:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I was wondering if anyone else has a subscription to the highspots network. I was thinking about trying it for a month or so. Anyone have any recommendations? I was planning on watching the Onita CZW show, the Brody documentary, and maybe some older CZW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the Best Friends interview series is great

glory pro and aaw shows are worth checking out too

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Somehow I get the feeling that match will be heavily edited.

It's really disheartening that the more I read, the shittier the situation seems to get for everyone (except Gabe, apparently). I had fun and really like going to Evolve shows, but :sigh:

The last time someone got seriously injured on a PROGRESS show, they just cut the match entirely from the VOD. I imagine they'll do the same with this one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

I was wondering if anyone else has a subscription to the highspots network. I was thinking about trying it for a month or so. Anyone have any recommendations? I was planning on watching the Onita CZW show, the Brody documentary, and maybe some older CZW.

I do and it's awesome.

Any AAW on there is worth watching. So is the stuff you listed already. And watch the 10 Years of Carnage documentary.

It's a great service and they're constantly adding stuff.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Lumbermouth posted:

The last time someone got seriously injured on a PROGRESS show, they just cut the match entirely from the VOD. I imagine they'll do the same with this one.

They'll probably cut straight to the handicap match

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

mariooncrack posted:

$10 Wrestling Presents: Backfat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lumbermouth posted:

does anyone know if they cleaned up the poop?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

coconono posted:

does anyone know if they cleaned up the poop?

The poop was stuck without transportation to Boston

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

I feel like if there were anyone willing to do this Gabe wouldn't have been outside the PROGRESS Boston show to hand out flyers himself.

Also, short report, Beyond/PROGRESS Boston was really fun except for the loving 12 year old kid who cared more about getting himself over than anything actually on the card. I know my section at least was getting visibly annoyed with him.

Xmaspast fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 14, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/897245596037378048

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I've had their pizza so I'd probably do my best to avoid a Domino's wrestling federation

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats the show with faces of fear vs gage/janela iirc. has that promotion run before?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

never mind thats the october show

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The Three-Time Karate World Champion

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Boco_T posted:

The Three-Time Karate World Champion

He's the greatest

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

https://twitter.com/wwemercury/status/897863144231579648

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/897980068533850118

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/411mania/status/898531526949740544

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Jonathan Gresham got married to Jordynne Grace, officiated by Nikita Koloff, while wearing a Jonathan Gresham T-shirt and a fanny pack

http://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/898457337928798208

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/smartmarkvideo/status/898507312339578881

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got to see the Progressive Liberal tonight!

He's...not very good.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Endless Mike posted:

I got to see the Progressive Liberal tonight!

He's...not very good.

Living the gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

He's the god drat best at retiring :3