Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Do you get anything if you beat the story mode?

A lot of practice with several different weapon types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Do you get anything if you beat the story mode?

The ability to unlock all the yellow and black hero guns in multiplayer.

They are just reskins but cool ones.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
give me the hero splat brella, game. i dont care if i am not level 9 yet, you gave me the loving aerospray at level 6, i think i can handle the loving splat brella

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pop a meal ticket, squiddo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

If you start the elevator in Salmon Run without waiting for crewmates with golden eggs RIGHT BEHIND YOU you are literally Trump.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

The ability to unlock all the yellow and black hero guns in multiplayer.

They are just reskins but cool ones.

Do they have different subs/specials?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

Do they have different subs/specials?

They're identical to the regular version of each weapon.

But if you are good with say the Splattershot and managed to get your freshness level to SUPERFRESH! you can do it again with the Hero Shot Replica and get those bonuses.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Nope

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

wuggles posted:

If you start the elevator in Salmon Run without waiting for crewmates with golden eggs RIGHT BEHIND YOU you are literally Trump.

If you stand at the top and keep spinning it you are literally Reagan

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Pop a meal ticket, squiddo

my problem's more that i just dont play multiplayer much cuz salmon run is so much fun. that and turf war is getting boring

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

spit on my clit posted:

my problem's more that i just dont play multiplayer much cuz salmon run is so much fun. that and turf war is getting boring

Jesus Christ do yourself a favour and get yourself to at least level 10, then you can bid farewell to Turf Wars.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I held off on ranked until yesterday for some weird reason but anyway Ranked rules although I still don't like Splat Zones very much.

Btw the amiibo unlock music after you hit a certain level (20?) so now I have most of the songs from the first game unlocked which owns.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Rexroom posted:

Jesus Christ do yourself a favour and get yourself to at least level 10, then you can bid farewell to Turf Wars.
There's a guy in this thread who has 100 hours of Turf War and never even tried ranked and when I told him he should try it he played one game of Rainmaker and said it was awful.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Holy poo poo, apparently "circle around everyone fighting and just run the fuckin ball" is a viable Rainmaker strategy. Who knew?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

wuggles posted:

Holy poo poo, apparently "circle around everyone fighting and just run the fuckin ball" is a viable Rainmaker strategy. Who knew?
I'm always super aggressive in Rainmaker because sometimes your push can take them by surprise and even if you die at least you pushed and got a decent score for your team to try and hold.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Bill Barber posted:

I'm always super aggressive in Rainmaker because sometimes your push can take them by surprise and even if you die at least you pushed and got a decent score for your team to try and hold.

I think this heralds a new era in my Rainmaker game.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
I'm staying off of Ranked until Nintendo releases a balance patch for the Tri-Slosher. After that I plan to fight my way up through all the modes like what you effectively had to do in Splatoon 1 if you played ranked no matter what game type was on. Guess I'll have the advantage this time of actually having good gear.

Speaking of good gear, in Splatoon 1 I bought and leveled up practically everything. However now that you can't expand slots with cash, only with shells, it seems like that would be tougher. Are you guys buying everything in the shops because why the hell not or just what you like and then spending on scrubbing/rerolling?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

CatsPajamas posted:

I'm staying off of Ranked until Nintendo releases a balance patch for the Tri-Slosher. After that I plan to fight my way up through all the modes like what you effectively had to do in Splatoon 1 if you played ranked no matter what game type was on. Guess I'll have the advantage this time of actually having good gear.

Speaking of good gear, in Splatoon 1 I bought and leveled up practically everything. However now that you can't expand slots with cash, only with shells, it seems like that would be tougher. Are you guys buying everything in the shops because why the hell not or just what you like and then spending on scrubbing/rerolling?
You're insane if you think the shlosher is actually overpowered enough to have an actual effect in a random 4v4 matchup. What is it with people being scared of ranked mode in this game? It doesn't keep a record of your wins and losses. It's not going on your permanent record. It's just 3 different fun game modes you can play. Obsessing about if your currently rank C or rank B- in Splatoon sounds like an awful existence. Just play the game and have fun.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
It would be cool if they try and make some more modes for ranked.

I like the modes they have now but I feel like they could easily make more.

One idea I thought of is a mode based on those carnival games were you shoot the water gun at the target to fill up the meter faster than the other players.

The way it would work is that both teams would have a tower with a target on it protected by a bubble like the rain maker. The objective would be for your team to pop that bubble and then try and fill up the enemy meter by shooting the target. The first team to fill the meter or hade more meter filled by the end of the timer would win.

The way I envision it out would play kind of like dota 2 lite. But with no creep or exterior towers.

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 13, 2017

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Whose child is out here inking the spawn in Rainmaker??

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lmao i took a look at the aerospray. it gets the suction bomb and a curling bomb launcher? Don't make me turn to the dark side again, splatoon!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

CatsPajamas posted:

At the moment I'm just leveling them and if I don't have a pair of similar sub-abilities that I like, I just scrub them and start again. I lucked out once and got 3x Bomb Resist Up subs on my Inkline Ink Resist boots, so sometimes good things happen. This is certainly an improvement over how Splatoon 1's system that only encouraged save scumming.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

spit on my clit posted:

lmao i took a look at the aerospray. it gets the suction bomb and a curling bomb launcher? Don't make me turn to the dark side again, splatoon!
It's basically "easy mode" for Turf War if you actively avoid all fights. Pair it with a bunch of SpecialChargeUp gear for extra annoyance of the opposing team.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I honestly don't see too many tri-sloshers at all in ranked. Mostly brushes and splattershots

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Frankston posted:

I honestly don't see too many tri-sloshers at all in ranked. Mostly brushes and splattershots
I went back through my last ~20 ranked matches and saw 7 tri-sloshers total, between both teams.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Anybody have a link to the spreadsheet of the brands and what sub-abilities you are more/less likely to get?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bizarre deformity posted:

Anybody have a link to the spreadsheet of the brands and what sub-abilities you are more/less likely to get?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there a Salmon Run going on right now?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a Salmon Run going on right now?
No it ended a few hours ago. Next one is tomorrow morning for 24 hours.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

So word of warning if you suddenly drop out of a salmon run due to internet connectivity issues it docks 20 points from your pay scale

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bill Barber posted:

No it ended a few hours ago. Next one is tomorrow morning for 24 hours.

:qq:

Even with the increased availability I still get screwed out of playing it as much as I want.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Bill Barber posted:

There's a guy in this thread who has 100 hours of Turf War and never even tried ranked and when I told him he should try it he played one game of Rainmaker and said it was awful.

It was 80 and I have a B+ rank in it, and turf wars is still better. Congrats on getting everything wrong to make your cool Splatoon burn better.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

It was 80 and I have a B+ rank in it, and turf wars is still better. Congrats on getting everything wrong to make your cool Splatoon burn better.

Actually he's right and you're very dumb

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

What the gently caress, people? There's nothing wrong with Turf War and there's nothing wrong with Ranked, either. If you like Turf War better then by all means play it! At least try Ranked, though. You might find you like it! Who knows?

I personally like Ranked just fine but it's too intense for me to play often or for long periods of time. Turf War is very chill. Salmon Run is my favorite, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Tekopo posted:

So word of warning if you suddenly drop out of a salmon run due to internet connectivity issues it docks 20 points from your pay scale

For the record, this happens no matter which wave you disconnect on. :argh:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why aren't you playing this children's shooter game the right way??? No you can't have fun in turf war! Are you some sort of casual?!? :byodood:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Actually he's right and you're very dumb

Yes. I'm the dumb one for playing a mode I enjoy and getting mad when people aren't playing the other mode.

I'm gonna go play with the Aerospray next, it's gonna keep you up at night now!

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Turf War is boring and ranked is cool cya

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Dr. Fetus posted:

For the record, this happens no matter which wave you disconnect on. :argh:
Can confirm this. Wave 3 and suddenly the host shits the bed? Too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Yes. I'm the dumb one for playing a mode I enjoy and getting mad when people aren't playing the other mode.

I'm gonna go play with the Aerospray next, it's gonna keep you up at night now!

I just wanted to start drama. Just got the game and I'm bored of turf war (level 8 rn)