Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Granted, public nudity is hella legal here in Canadia. I'm not sure if it's the same in the States?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

Granted, public nudity is hella legal here in Canadia. I'm not sure if it's the same in the States?

Generally speaking it's illegal. San Francisco used to allow public nudity until recently, now you need a permit from the police.

Most Pride parades/festivals in the States the worst you'll get is people in tiny underwear or pasties, no nipples or frontal crotch nudity.

edit: oh apparently women can be topless anywhere in NY state for non-commercial purposes.

Anyway, it varies by state and municipality but public nudity is illegal with a few exceptions.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 12, 2017

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

I saw a bunch of dudes walking around nude at Toronto this year. Plenty of tits out as well.

I went to MAL here in DC once, and there were guys walking around naked in the marketplace, but they were definitely not the kind of guys that you wanted to see naked.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well, that's just always the way of it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

angerbeet posted:

I saw a bunch of dudes walking around nude at Toronto this year. Plenty of tits out as well.

yeah, Toronto represent

angerbeet posted:

Well, that's just always the way of it.

yeah..... Toronto represent...

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
AV Club says Gay for Play is coming back tonight? I thought it was cancelled.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Nihonniboku posted:

I went to MAL here in DC once, and there were guys walking around naked in the marketplace, but they were definitely not the kind of guys that you wanted to see naked.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I was in SF for Pride during a conference right after the Supreme Court ruling. I was so loving exhausted and hungover, carrying all my luggage through the crowd to meet a friend and happened to stop and take a seat right as a float full of dudes helicopter dicking went by. Very surreal, but I suppose that is what victory calls for.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Trig Discipline posted:

AV Club says Gay for Play is coming back tonight? I thought it was cancelled.

Facebook has been advertising new episodes every Thursday for a few weeks I feel like.

Were you one of the naked guys at MAL last year?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My Pride story is second hand but years ago a buddy of mine went to his very first pride after officially coming out of the closet and about an hour into it he stopped on a street corner to watch some sort of event or float that was going by and was promptly jizzed on by a man furiously jacking it out of a second story window purposefully aiming for his head/face.

It took him a few years to make it back to a Pride again.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Aerox posted:

My Pride story is second hand but years ago a buddy of mine went to his very first pride after officially coming out of the closet and about an hour into it he stopped on a street corner to watch some sort of event or float that was going by and was promptly jizzed on by a man furiously jacking it out of a second story window purposefully aiming for his head/face.

It took him a few years to make it back to a Pride again.

was this by any chance Folsom

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

was this by any chance Folsom

I thought he said it was pride but I could be totally wrong. That actually seems more likely tbh

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Aerox posted:

I thought he said it was pride but I could be totally wrong. That actually seems more likely tbh

I've been to Folsom twice, it's the only times I've actually experienced men jacking out of windows onto the crowd below. But, I mean, you know what you're in for at Folsom and it is absolutely an 18+ event.

I have a vivid memory of walking through the security checkpoint, staffed by Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence drag nuns, and the first person we saw after security was a fully naked 60+ year old man with "PUBLIC URINAL" and an up arrow markered on his chest.

The overall vibe was very chill and never creepy or aggressive, but it's a world-famous BDSM street carnival, what do you expect?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Funnel cake. :colbert:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

angerbeet posted:

Funnel cake. :colbert:

I have no idea what that might be slang for, but I'm just going to presume you're into some weird, weird poo poo.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Nihonniboku posted:

Were you one of the naked guys at MAL last year?

I don't even know what a MAL is. I was posting that funny image as a response to your post because it seemed relevant to your judgemental statement about bodies :)

But no, I wouldn't put anyone through looking at my body. I have no idea how my wife does it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Willam's weekly call-in advice show "Suck Less" just launched with their first full episode, it's pretty great.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Willam is the only thing that could get me to pay for Fullscreen.

But I'm waiting for all the episodes to be out, so I only have to pay for one month.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9th2rNk1U8
Dreams do come true!

honestly the editing just got in the way i like them as a trio more when its just them and maybe some shoes

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Was there ever a challenge on the show where Queen's had to donne other competitors drag and use their own wardrobe?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Yeah, Roxxxy won :j:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

does anyone else put the show or untucked on as background noise? I did that today with season 8's untucked and man; somehow I managed to ignore how *awful* Thorgy is. I get that it's a massive amount of insecurity but she was just so off-putting. Her last episode, constantly chirping about how "I love you, but..." and saying she'd be sending everyone home.
The word "love" has clearly lost so much value with how much she tosses it around, ffs.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
My wife has probably seen every season at least five times as background noise and I've absorbed most of that so you're not alone! It's her go to feel good I can ignore this while I do other things show.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

does anyone else put the show or untucked on as background noise? I did that today with season 8's untucked and man; somehow I managed to ignore how *awful* Thorgy is. I get that it's a massive amount of insecurity but she was just so off-putting. Her last episode, constantly chirping about how "I love you, but..." and saying she'd be sending everyone home.
The word "love" has clearly lost so much value with how much she tosses it around, ffs.

I like Thorgy. I think she is talented, and has a (mostly) great personality.

Her problem was that had it been any other season, she would have done a lot better in the competition. But this was the season of Bob the Drag Queen who dominated the competition. Bob and Thorgy are very much cut from the same cloth, only Bob does it better. On top of that, they had a personal history of sniping at each other and making mean comments to each other (watch it again, they both do), despite claiming to be friends for many years.

So, I can see why Thorgy seemed flustered and defeated. She kept on getting so close, and never quite hitting it. She was in the top 3 times, but never won. She wasn't even in the bottom until the week she went home. The only other queens who were also in the top 3 times were Acid Betty (who was also never in the bottom until she went home), Bob (who won all 3 times she was in the top), and Kim Chi (who was in the top 3 times and won 2 of those times).

Had Bob not been there, do I think Thorgy would have won the crown? No. Do I think she would have made it to the top 3? Probably not. But I think she would have gotten at least one win, and would have made it past Derrick loving Berry, who only got as far as she did due to Bob's help.

That was a lot more than I meant to say. Overall, my point is, Bob is our Queen, well-deserved, and I feel for Thorgy.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 14, 2017

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I really think I'd be great friends with someone like thorgy irl but she was probably one of the most annoying queens of her season even though I dig her aesthetic and she reminds me of a lot of friends of mine.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
"Woo!" - Thorgy Thor.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
party

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I love Thorgy Thor. <3

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I didn't watch untucked while I was watching season 8. I came back and binged all of them after season 9 and Thorgy, who I loved in 8, comes off so bad in Untucked. She very much reminded me of Alexis Michelle with the whole "why didn't you guys tell me I looked bad" thing. Also, she seems more fake when you listen to the stories Bob tells about Thorgy when they worked together at a regular job.

Acid Betty was another person i loved who looked real bad in Untucked. She was so catty. Like when Kim Chi got the video from home from Trixie Mattel and Acid Betty was making fun if Trixie's makeup. Like, girl stop. This is a sweet moment for Kim and you're going to talk trash about who she's getting it from? Not even to mention that Trixie's makeup is iconic and completely her. She does it right. Ugh.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

At least the Acid Betty stuff led to the bit at the finale where Trixie called her on it and said "I'll take my answer in the parking lot"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thorgy reminds me of milan, both kind of insufferable, constantly banging on about their own artistry and how they hope their art is properly interpreted, and art this and art that. just seems like a lot of overthinking, resulting in middle of the road drag. acid betty was truly catty but at least she seemed self-aware enough to know she was catty and not give a gently caress. i 100% prefer that to the "no i'm a misunderstood genius" nonsense

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Same. I can't stand Thorgy, personally.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Trixie and Katya are getting a show on Vice!

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/trixie-mattel-and-katya-are-getting-their-own-show-honey.html

(Don't know what this means for Unhhhh...)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pinwiz11 posted:

Trixie and Katya are getting a show on Vice!

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/trixie-mattel-and-katya-are-getting-their-own-show-honey.html

(Don't know what this means for Unhhhh...)

I hope they didn't sign their careers away, I watched a youtuber rip apart a Vice contract once, it was uuuugly.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been rewatching season 4, and good lord I forgot just what a poo poo Phi Phi was. And just such a thorough misunderstanding of any drag that isn't exactly like hers. Uuuugggghhhh bitch I already know that you go home, but bitch go home.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

I've been rewatching season 4, and good lord I forgot just what a poo poo Phi Phi was. And just such a thorough misunderstanding of any drag that isn't exactly like hers. Uuuugggghhhh bitch I already know that you go home, but bitch go home.

That's just the editing!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hes so pretty tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He really is. Talented, too. Just doesn't know when to drop something.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that really is the catch-22 with Phi Phi. She really, really kills it when it comes to bringing a look, but is such a huge rear end in a top hat that I find myself literally wishing for her to be less talented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Her tone seems very pointed

• Locked thread