Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So last time Kinzie Kensington (or maybe Johnny Gat) beat up Satan and as a favor God let us recreate the world after a space alien named Zinyak had destroyed it, which left us with Johnny Gat as a cop about to interrogate a woman named Brimstone.
Oh, spoilers by the way.

Agents of Mayhem (Multinational AgencY Hunting Evil Masterminds (acronyms are hard)) is the continuation of this story. Founded by Persephone Brimstone and funded by Ultor the Agents fight against the super-villain organization L.E.G.I.O.N. (League of Evil Gentlemen Intent on Obliterating Nations) to stop them from... obliterating nations I suppose. It's an open-world third-person action-adventure game set in futuristic Seoul, South Korea and heavily inspired by 80's action like G.I. Joe.

http://i.imgur.com/6zEwila.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/P9Pykbj.gifv

Five Things I Already Love About Agents of Mayhem (Kotaku)
Agents of Mayhem is a Brilliantly Bonkers Follow-up to Saints Row Series (PlayStation Universe)
Agents of Mayhem A.M.A. (reddit)

http://i.imgur.com/1a633zI.gifv

Agents of Mayhem comes out on Tuesday for Playstation 4, Personal Computer, and the other one. Pre-loading is available now.
Some guy that is a preorder bonus
It is rated M for Mature and contains Blood, Drug Reference, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, and Violence

Look at this loving Goonies poster I'm dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Why does this still feel like Steelport?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Saw this on steam, has there been any gameplay out yet? I've been craving a new crackdown

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

This game is gonna be lots of fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think it'll probably be insanely fun but the character models look weirdly PS2-era and it's putting me off

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

precision posted:

I think it'll probably be insanely fun but the character models look weirdly PS2-era and it's putting me off

Maybe you should go look at some actual PS2 games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

Maybe you should go look at some actual PS2 games

I was speaking to design, not quality.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

lol

I actually think this will exceed the meager expectation set against it, even if the embargo is a "day of" shitfest.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Remember at e3 when they said that this game would be a grind like it was a good thing

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any idea what Gat's skills are?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

RatHat posted:

Any idea what Gat's skills are?

Shooting, stabbing, and his special is Flanderization.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Remember at e3 when they said that this game would be a grind like it was a good thing

this is like crack to some people, I mean people subsisted off the soup bones that Destiny threw at people till there was no marrow left to suck on. I do hope there's no grind because one thing I hated about Just Cause 3 was how it advertised all this cool poo poo but gated it all behind minigames, none of which were any fun

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Shooting, stabbing, and his special is Flanderization.

Ok but what does that special actually do?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DLC Inc posted:

this is like crack to some people, I mean people subsisted off the soup bones that Destiny threw at people till there was no marrow left to suck on. I do hope there's no grind because one thing I hated about Just Cause 3 was how it advertised all this cool poo poo but gated it all behind minigames, none of which were any fun

this. grinding is great if you can make it work with the narative/make it fun. like shadow of mordor is great with grinding. make it feel like you are doing poo poo or causing damage and grinding becomes a drug.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!
I think the 15 difficulty levels will help make the grinding feel rewarding.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
is this game secretly darkspore 2

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nah it's secretly a Saints Row 4 side story.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

sweetroy posted:

Saw this on steam, has there been any gameplay out yet? I've been craving a new crackdown

This will give you a decent idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBD6bzCyZtg&t=891s

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Not sure if it's just the people playing it but after seeing this I'm way less interested. How is this not a co-op game?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will give the game this much: it has convinced me that I need to get off my rear end and actually play Gat Out of Hell. It opens with Johnny Gat shooting a Ouija board that pissed him off.

I hope this game can nail the same type of stupid humor.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

sweetroy posted:

Not sure if it's just the people playing it but after seeing this I'm way less interested. How is this not a co-op game?

My guess is that it's due to the team up specials.

Volition hasn't ruled out adding co-op later but yeah the game feels like it would've worked well with it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

John Murdoch posted:

is this game secretly darkspore 2

It's Frog Fractions 3.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Saint Freak posted:

It's Frog Fractions 3.

I haven't been able to get to the door to start Frog Fractions 2. :saddowns:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This game looks cool and good, though it's a little weird there's no co-op.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait for the hundreds of agent DLCs.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Deakul posted:

Can't wait for the hundreds of agent DLCs.

Same, but with less sarcasm!

Been really looking forward to this game!

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Other thread said this has Denuvo, is that true?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Skyscraper posted:

Yes. It's right on the Steam page.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skyscraper posted:

I can't see how that's relevant for people who don't plan to pirate the game. All the tales about Denuvo killing hard disks have been discredited.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

ZearothK posted:

I can't see how that's relevant for people who don't plan to pirate the game. All the tales about Denuvo killing hard disks have been discredited.
Yeah, totally irrelevant, which is why I don't need it in my game. I didn't even know it killed hard disks too.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Skyscraper posted:

Yeah, totally irrelevant, which is why I don't need it in my game. I didn't even know it killed hard disks too.

You must be trolling.

It does nothing to hard disks/hardware. There's so much fearmongering and lies around Denuvo by the piracy crowd.

Like the only valid annoyance with it is a second online check and you have that with Steam anyways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I had to look up what that is and apparently I own ~a dozen games with it and never knew so I'm okay with this.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Mokinokaro posted:

You must be trolling.

It does nothing to hard disks/hardware. There's so much fearmongering and lies around Denuvo by the piracy crowd.

Like the only valid annoyance with it is a second online check and you have that with Steam anyways.

Yeah, I must be trolling, repeating what the poster above me said that I hadn't heard outside this thread.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I think it's perfectly reasonable to wait and see if they remove Denuvo, it's mostly being used to prevent day one releases anyways.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Skyscraper posted:

Yeah, I must be trolling, repeating what the poster above me said that I hadn't heard outside this thread.

The poster above said that the stories were false. Like they actually did lab tests that showed Denuvo isn't capable of killing a hard drive in the way people claimed.

EDIT: More power to you if you want to make a stand and see if they remove it in the future.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Mokinokaro posted:

The poster above said that the stories were false. Like they actually did lab tests that showed Denuvo isn't capable of killing a hard drive in the way people claimed.

EDIT: More power to you if you want to make a stand and see if they remove it in the future.
You can see why "and it totally doesn't kill your hard drive!" does not inspire me with confidence when previously any idea of it killing my hard drive was not part of the discussion, right? And yeah, I am going to get a refund, and re-buy it in the future. Hopefully they advertise when they take it out, because it took a fan saying it about Hitman to actually let me know it was time to buy that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I suspect this will be terrible, based on Gat Out Of Hell. :(

I hope not though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
GotH was farmed out to another studio.

I'm still not completely sold on AoM but I'm willing to take the plunge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

This looks neat but how close is the humor to SR? I might get flack for this but I never found SR to be funny -- it just seemed like it tried way too hard.

• Locked thread