Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
that smile is laura palmer's right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
You knew the trucker was toast when it introduced him with the deer head mounted right behind him. I mean, it was obvious he was toast anyway but that was a nice piece of foreshadowing.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

The Walrus posted:

After the flicking proboscis and the big dead left ring finger? I don't know but it was horrifying.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess the timeline makes sense for Sarah Palmer to be frog-swallowing girl in 1956; Grace Zabriskie was born in 1941. I don't think she'd have had anything to do with BOB possessing Leland like someone suggested earlier in the thread; Leland makes it pretty clear that he'd known BOB since he was a child.

Also I thought it seemed like a stretch for Laura Dern and Naomi Watts to be sisters, but I was shocked upon looking it up to find they're only two years apart.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I had mentioned to my Brother a week or two back that Sarah in her house feels like some kind of Fairy tale Witch who lures children into her house and eats them and now...

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

The Walrus posted:

was the fwwm flashback scene a joke about nostalgia revivals? it didnt really tell anything new or tie anything together as a previous poster suggested imo

There is a theory floating around that the coop from the security footage in FWWM is actually booper. If you believe in that, then scene makes a bit more sense because it ends with Jeffries' "who do you think this is? line

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

The Walrus posted:

If it is, it's not the smile from Laura's prom photo we keep seeing. I got the same idea and tried to overlay them.

The front two teeth in Sara's voidface are slightly crooked and Laura's are basically perfect, so I'm leaning towards no

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Walrus posted:

Other than it mirroring Laura doing the same face removing thing in the first episode, I don't see how that would make any sense.

edit: unless maybe it's a freeze from the ceiling fan scene from the Missing Pieces.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 14, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

superstepa posted:

There is a theory floating around that the coop from the security footage in FWWM is actually booper. If you believe in that, then scene makes a bit more sense because it ends with Jeffries' "who do you think this is? line

you don't need to believe that theory to think that jeffries' line is alluding somehow to evil coop. that was the first thing I thought when I rewatched fwwm a few episodes into s3.

zelah posted:

After the flicking proboscis and the big dead left ring finger? I don't know but it was horrifying.

I think it is. (edit though someone above actually did the work and it's not) And the ring finger obviously has something to do with the owl cave ring.. haven't we seen the ring physically effect a finger at some point? weird stuff. maybe sarah palmer's doppelganger took over her mom? I strongly suspect that the monster and or mother is sarah or laura palmer's doppelganger and or the 'sarah' we see in these episodes (or at least since E13)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

The Walrus posted:

haven't we seen the ring physically effect a finger at some point?

That was Dumbledore. Or was it Dopple Dumbledore, Doppledore if you like.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Andy is basically the perfect go-between for the lodges and material plane.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Ok we've mentioned FBI dude slamming his fist but to me the funniest scene in this entire series was Cole listening to Lucy's insane ramblings and just utterly incapable of forming a response.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I think it would have been cool for Hawk to go to the Lodge but I'm very alright with it being Andy.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Well truck me.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

el oso posted:

I think it would have been cool for Hawk to go to the Lodge but I'm very alright with it being Andy.

Andy has always been this vessel of perfect child-like innocence. Of course he'd be allowed in the White lodge.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

superstepa posted:

See I took it as Jeffries being stuck out of time. So the Cooper in the Philadelphia office is Cooper, but the time Jeffries is coming from, that would be Booper. Jeffries is just plain too early.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

MullardEL34 posted:

Andy has always been this vessel of perfect child-like innocence. Of course he'd be allowed in the White lodge.

All I could think of watching that whole montage was "how is Andy ever gonna explain this poo poo?" Which of course is the point I suppose.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Basticle posted:

Ok we've mentioned FBI dude slamming his fist but to me the funniest scene in this entire series was Cole listening to Lucy's insane ramblings and just utterly incapable of forming a response.

That was probably my favorite comedy moment of this episode.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

All I could think of watching that whole montage was "how is Andy ever gonna explain this poo poo?" Which of course is the point I suppose.

Andy just takes it all in and is like, "Yep, got it. Will do." He might be the only person we've ever seen come back from one of he lodges with concrete, unambiguous information on what he needs to do (I guess now in addition to green gardening glove man).

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

MullardEL34 posted:

Freddie didn't sound like an amazing guy but he's going to hand out an incredible punch of destiny soon thanks to the Fireman so I think the lodge entry criteria is a little loose.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Cole hearing the window wiper really loud and seeing the guys silhouette minded me of the creepy clown with the slingshot in the scene above the convenience store.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cole's phone wasn't plugged in for his call to Lucy. What could this mean?!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

That windshield wiper was really going at it, too.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I loved the window wiper part. So absurd.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It was cool that Andy was forced to binge watch all three seasons and the movie.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bad Cooper is lucky that Diane never met her brother-in-law or even saw his picture on Facebook or whatever. Or maybe it doesn't matter because she's in on the whole thing.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Dreaming ourselves... is what... we do!(!!)

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

So when is Chet Desmond going to show up?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

pissdude posted:

There was mention of that finger being significant in an earlier episode on the FBI airplane, something to do with it being the spiritual finger or something

You might say it's some sort of soul finger. :wiggle:

el oso posted:

Freddie didn't sound like an amazing guy but he's going to hand out an incredible punch of destiny soon thanks to the Fireman so I think the lodge entry criteria is a little loose.

I don't understand why you all think he's gonna punch/arm wrestle Coop when the Fireman clearly stated that Freddie would harness the power of the pile driver. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkS6ChB9rrA

Twin Peaks is truly crossing over with Fashion Peaks.

What a crazy intense episode.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
This is more than I could have ever hoped for. :perfect:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
So when do we think Sarah learned the FACE/OFF trick? Did she get doppled at some point? We know Leland had been drugging her. Did he/Bob know what was up? Are Bob and the frogbug fraternal twins? Does that make Laura the product of incest?

Man. gently caress.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

WILSON!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU??

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

THIS IS WHAT WE DO IN THE F B I!!!

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Man the pantomiming in the musical performance was extremely bad.

The rest of the episode was great though.

Also, I love that the FBI is filled with doofuses.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

0 rows returned posted:

Man the pantomiming in the musical performance was extremely bad.

That song just reminded me of Dougie's favourite statue:

Here's to hoping that he doesn't have to go rogue in the wild, wild west for much longer. :shobon:

quote:

From where I stand
There's a world where you can
All that you lost, you get back
And all that you want, you can have

I want Cooper back, please. :cry:

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I looked up atopa and it brings up this book about magic in the ancient world. Cool stuff

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The FBI call scene is top 5 funniest things I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I thought she said "A Tulpa".