Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OK I love that anime fighters have to come up with their own nonsensical terms for rounds. "2nd Clause... Divide"

Edit: OK I don't know the character that just straight up has Karin's laugh but I would have to main her if I played this. Also SonicFox is in this Top 8

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SonicFox loves UNIEL

Seraphinent
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah and lighten the load, make it more zaaa--ohh, you know!

Oh dear what have I spawned...

I've been watching some videos of a YouTube channel posted earlier (mingtongzhi was the name of the channel I forgot the poster name sorry!) here and the guilty gear combo system seemed pretty interesting.

Going to give it that one a crack and get my rear end whooped for a bit. At the moment my stick is currently out of service but a new joystick arrives soon and I'm pretty keen to give it a go. If I don't like I guess tekken is next on the block.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

when i start a new fighting game the first thing i look for is the girl with the biggest boobs

I did this in guilty gear until I realized I like playing kum way more than I like playing baiken

Basically what I'm saying here is boobs are the gateway drug of fighting games

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I love that anime fighters have to come up with their own nonsensical terms for rounds. "2nd Clause... Divide"

Edit: OK I don't know the character that just straight up has Karin's laugh but I would have to main her if I played this. Also SonicFox is in this Top 8

the oujo laugh predates Karin by a long time, you can probably count on any rich or """"""older""""" woman in anime to rock it at some point

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

mysterious loyall X posted:

they were printed on the maque for the cabinets

Sometimes. I saw plenty of WW and CE cabinets as a kid where they weren't.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Countblanc posted:

the oujo laugh predates Karin by a long time, you can probably count on any rich or """"""older""""" woman in anime to rock it at some point

shameful that you didnt link to https://www.youtube.com/user/ohohojousama

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

In Training posted:

SonicFox loves UNIEL

and he's not going out of his way to stick with a poo poo tier character. if that game turns into anything he's gunna end up ruling it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SonicFox got all the way to Grand Finals in UNIST, they had to delay IJ2 because of it.

That whip character seems cool, love those animations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

guess under night made injustice 2....

exe:late

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

im sorry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

and he's not going out of his way to stick with a poo poo tier character. if that game turns into anything he's gunna end up ruling it

I hope so, more exposure for a sick rear end game

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I have borne witness to the devil, and suffered her hellish spawn.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

shoutouts to the new ky

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Jack-O rules because she's the kind of bonkers weird moveset you get from a mid-tier Smash 4 character but she's in a game like Guilty Gear.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jacko is hilarious because she's the weirdest character in a game full of incredibly weird characters.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I got a Brook Super Converter to use my 360 stick on my new PS4 because that's a lot cheaper than buying a new stick, I figured if it's good enough for RyanLV to win Evo with it's probably good enough for me (it supposedly adds 0.7 frames of lag).

Except that I have a PS4 Pro, and you can't actually connect the converter to the front USB ports because it doesn't fit, it's too thick. The Pro has an additional USB port in the back so I just plugged the converter in there, it's just that this is hardly optimal and also means you can't actually use two of them in one Pro.

Though it looks like you could just file off the raised "Brook" text there and it would fit, I'll probably try that later.

e: update: I filed it off, fits fine now.

Veib fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 14, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Jack O rules. If you don't get a little excited seeing some guy panic and then eat an elysion driver then idk what to tell ya

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i haven't played guilty gear since xx, but i want to get whatever version is the new one because of jacko and the guy tied to the bed named bedman

edit: i liked faust a lot. is he still a cool and fun character?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They're all cool and fun characters.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Parachute posted:

i haven't played guilty gear since xx, but i want to get whatever version is the new one because of jacko and the guy tied to the bed named bedman

yes

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

This 15 year old keeps talking in my locals discord chat about sneaking out of his house to come to our meetups. Everyone keeps telling him it's a bad idea but he just keeps arguing with us. This is why we need arcades back so I can take this kids $5 and not feel bad about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

15 year olds should at least sneak out of the house for something badass like a slayer concert

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Keegers posted:

This 15 year old keeps talking in my locals discord chat about sneaking out of his house to come to our meetups. Everyone keeps telling him it's a bad idea but he just keeps arguing with us. This is why we need arcades back so I can take this kids $5 and not feel bad about it.

Why is it a bad idea? Kids need reasonable ways to transgress at that age, its good for them. Unless youre planning to have sex with him, then its not ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should b uy the kid drugs+alcohol and make a memory that will last a lifetime.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Parachute posted:

Faust is fun and good. Play Faust

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

In Training posted:

You should b uy the kid drugs+alcohol and make a memory that will last a lifetime.

That's the problem, we do drink and some people smoke at our meetups. If some kid is there and his parents call the cops saying we kidnapped or enticed the kid coming over we get hosed.

E:

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Why is it a bad idea? Kids need reasonable ways to transgress at that age, its good for them. Unless youre planning to have sex with him, then its not ok

More not wanting the law to gently caress with my anus for hosting a "party" with a minor.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 14, 2017

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Now it sounds like you actually are planning to have sex with him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
kill the kid, problem solved

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i'm assuming his locals have free booze that nobody really watches (i.e. a keg or open bottles) and he doesn't want anyone getting a charge for serving alcohol to minors

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

locals have free booze that nobody really watches (i.e. a keg or open bottles) and he doesn't want anyone getting a charge for serving alcohol to minors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For the record, I was being ironic. You shouldn't break the law

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Only break the law if it's something really cool.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I have no problem with minors drinking (16+), I did it all the time. Parents didn't care, my main problem is coming from overbearing parents who think 21 is too young and things like that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm gonna narc on him

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i guess just straight up tell the kid that if he shows up you're gonna call the cops to come take him home.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I think you should gently caress the kid.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If you get a triple perfect on him 5 games straight maybe he won't want to come back anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Only break the law if it's something really cool.