Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

Nah man gently caress the buckets.
stooooooooge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

raditts posted:

god dammit
Why do we still get mistranslations that are completely wrong in 2017?

Might be that that's what the orginal says. It's really annoying tho that it lies to people tho.

I feel like Glowflies is actually the worst event tho. Not because it's unclear but because there's no universally accepted way for it and other than spamming "This way", there's no way to try to get your team to agree about what to do. At least with Mothership people will eventually figure out where the eggs come from and with Gusher, one person who knows how it works can track down Goldie. Nothing is Glowflies really communicates what's the best way to do it. Also, they should add something to announce that you got the glow, it can be kinda hard to spot before the fish turn and gib you.

dragon enthusiast posted:

It's not gusher height that determines the goldie

Might be worth it to try to send simple Gusher/Mothership/Glowflies instructions into Splatnet even if you can't draw well.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's both glow/height but obviously height is easier to distinguish at a glance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

throw to first drat IT posted:

Also, they should add something to announce that you got the glow, it can be kinda hard to spot before the fish turn and gib you.

If your crew-mates aren't drooling imbeciles, they'll be spamming "THIS WAY" the moment it pops out.

I feel like Glowflies is actually the worst event tho. Not because it's unclear but because there's no universally accepted way for it and other than spamming "This way", there's no way to try to get your team to agree about what to do

The correct way to deal with Glowflies is stand behind the lucky bastard who has a Roller and laugh. Bonus points if it's Marooner's Bay at High Tide, because you can just stand at the water's edge on the left ramp and completely lock down one of the incoming spawn routes (:flashfap:).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If your crew-mates aren't drooling imbeciles, they'll be spamming "THIS WAY" the moment it pops out.

The correct way to deal with Glowflies is stand behind the lucky bastard who has a Roller and laugh. Bonus points if it's Marooner's Bay at High Tide, because you can just stand at the water's edge on the left ramp and completely lock down one of the incoming spawn routes (:flashfap:).

Going that far out is a really bad idea for when the flies swarm someone else and your roller is dead far away. The only trouble with glowflies is safely getting eggs in without body blocking shots, killing things all the way out there is a good way to get dead.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Current Salmon Run mood:

Reaching Profreshional is not super hard and it's easy to get carried thro special events so I understand that people might make mistakes even there but I feel like at Profreshional/Overachiever rank people should know better than clump up at the rear end end of map, shooting creeps as they hop out of water while million bosses spawn everywhere else.
I dropped straight from Profreshional into Go-Getter today, weird loving thing was that all the events went super smooth, Goldie with hunted down during Gusher with mechanical precision, Mothership barely got any baskets on the ground, but the moment it was normal here come the salmonds round, everyone apparently had forgotten how to play SR during the 18 hours it wasn't available. Feeling a little bit salty.

Oh well, still having fun while I bounce up and down in ranks in search for my true Elo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Cool, now a bunch of eggs are going to be dropped super far from the basket where you can't get them.

There's zero reason to not hold the ground next to the basket in the glowfly round. If everyone is standing in the right place then the salmonids will only be rushing you from two directions max, both of which can be locked down with proper play. Glowfly rounds are really easy when everyone does that. They become hard when someone tries to be fancy and wanders away from the basket and fucks everything up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I need to actually get around to finishing the Salmon Rush training and start fuckin' playin' the poo poo, huh?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

no seriously I can't figure out how to win splat zones in shipyard what's the general strategy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Waffleman_ posted:

I need to actually get around to finishing the Salmon Rush training and start fuckin' playin' the poo poo, huh?

Salmon Run is the best part of Splatoon 2.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

no seriously I can't figure out how to win splat zones in shipyard what's the general strategy

I just looked it up and :same: as hell buddy

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Internet Kraken posted:

Cool, now a bunch of eggs are going to be dropped super far from the basket where you can't get them.

There's zero reason to not hold the ground next to the basket in the glowfly round. If everyone is standing in the right place then the salmonids will only be rushing you from two directions max, both of which can be locked down with proper play. Glowfly rounds are really easy when everyone does that. They become hard when someone tries to be fancy and wanders away from the basket and fucks everything up.

You're totally right whenever we group up by the basket glow fly rounds are easy as poo poo. I've still never cleared a mothership round.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've got 65%, if you're in control of the splat zone you need to constantly be watching both ramps up to the zone, and ink the gently caress out of them so the enemy can't sneak up on you. Also watch for snipers attacking from the raised platforms. If you and your teammates are doing this you can usually shut the game down.

I find the little raised sections on the splat zone itself are also great places to hide as well.

If you're not in control of it, try flanking from both sides. If you see teammates going one way, go the other.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Frankston posted:

I've got 65%, if you're in control of the splat zone you need to constantly be watching both ramps up to the zone, and ink the gently caress out of them so the enemy can't sneak up on you. Also watch for snipers attacking from the raised platforms. If you and your teammates are doing this you can usually shut the game down.

I find the little raised sections on the splat zone itself are also great places to hide as well.

If you're not in control of it, try flanking from both sides. If you see teammates going one way, go the other.

I think what I have the most trouble with is attacking the zone. With the elevation changes leading up to the middle you're at a severe disadvantage if you can't catch the enemy off guard. I've had limited success approaching from the sniper perches but it's dependent on having a competent pubbie to clean up anything I miss.

Maybe I should stop using long range weapons like squelcher/SSPro for that stage...

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
This is the worst Salmon Run set and I can't figure out why

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

The Mattybee posted:

It feels like brush's damage is too low, charger requires too much charging to do good dps and roller flick delay is measured in weeks.

Compared to last one where Splatling destroyed everything, Carbon Roller and bucket destroyed everything in AoE and you had two lasers.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I got two first round wipes at PROFRESHIONAL. I'll try again later tonight. I'm underwhelmed by the n-zap in this run.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

It feels like brush's damage is too low, charger requires too much charging to do good dps and roller flick delay is measured in weeks.

Compared to last one where Splatling destroyed everything, Carbon Roller and bucket destroyed everything in AoE and you had two lasers.

Yeah, it's just frustrating because there's nothing OBVIOUSLY bad about this to me. I know the last set was pretty good but I can't think of a set I've had more issues with, and in a vacuum it doesn't seem bad

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Mattybee posted:

Yeah, it's just frustrating because there's nothing OBVIOUSLY bad about this to me. I know the last set was pretty good but I can't think of a set I've had more issues with, and in a vacuum it doesn't seem bad

My best guess is the charger is really slow and the brush and roller are doubling up on the same crowd control role. I only played two matches and in both we just couldn't keep up with the boss spawns.

E: Gusher and glowfly rounds were incredibly easy for this same reason.

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 14, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Mattybee posted:

Lack of range. The charger takes too long to charge up and the Flingza Roller takes waaaaaay too long to wind up its vertical swing. The N-Zap is a good all-round weapon but its range is only slightly better than the brush.

This set could use a quicker-charging charger and a longer-range gun.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Mothership rounds make me wish for the sweet release of death

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just had a match where someone was afk, they didn't move the entire game but we never got the afk message at the end so it counted as a loss. Bullshit

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

raditts posted:

god dammit
Why do we still get mistranslations that are completely wrong in 2017?

You don't. The shine around the bottom of the gusher changes too, it's just easier to look at the gusher itself.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Man this is 3 for 4 of the worst weapons of their class today in Salmon Run. Holy crap this is lame

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
To people who are thinking about doing Salmon Run today. Don't.

The Mattybee posted:

Mothership rounds make me wish for the sweet release of death

Seriously. Only 3 close range weapons, and the only one with a good amount of range takes ages to charge.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Dr. Fetus did I just see you in Ranked a few rounds ago

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

You think Grizz Co does this poo poo on purpose to keep our pay rates low? We should really unionize against these practices.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

JackDarko posted:

You think Grizz Co does this poo poo on purpose to keep our pay rates low? We should really unionize against these practices.

With all the angry posts about him not offering shifts every day he will always be able to find scabs and union busters

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you are the last one alive in Salmon Run, please use a command so all the dead allies know where to go! This makes it far easier to regroup and recover.

The Mattybee posted:

Dr. Fetus did I just see you in Ranked a few rounds ago

If you were playing Splat Zones with that Tri-Slosher user, yes, that was me.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only bad weapon in this Salmon Run is the flingza roller. The N-zap isn't great but it doesn't have any glaring flaws so I wouldn't call it bad either. That said this is still probably one of the hardest sets just because the weapons don't work particular well together and 3 out of 4 require specific knowledge to do well with.

The flingza roller seriously needs to gently caress off though. Its just a regular roller but with a painfully slow vertical fling that will get you killed when you accidentally use it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like the N-Zap, it's got good damage so it can fill either the bosskilling niche or the trash mob niche

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Today's Salmon Run taught me that I really need to learn how to charger. I've been avoiding it because I don't LIKE them, but we kept getting wiped wave 3 because I got the charger.

I don't like causing my group to lose. So I am going to learn how to get at least decent with a charger, dagnabbit!

Results have been... mixed?

I mean I'm not going to lie, I suck most of the time, but there were several matches where I was the highest scorer on my team. :psyduck: I think at least I have a leg to stand on when I criticize chargers who just stand around camping and DON'T INK TURF.

I moved around. I painted lanes. I tried to get Splats when I could but I'll be honest my aim SUCKS. Why do you think I main Tri-Slosher and Octobrush? :v:

I need more practice, probably on more charger-friendly maps. Humpback Pumptrack is kind of rough for that.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

N Zap is a good weapon, the rest are meh, to slow, and absolute garbage.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

lelandjs posted:

Just played a round of Rainmaker where a teammate spent the entire round super jumping to spawn. As in, they spawned at the start of the match, opened up the map,” “jumped” to spawn, and then did it again. Good trolling, I guess.

Not in response to this in particular but I wanted to let you know I got my alt to level 10 and jumped straight in to splat zones to beat your challenge.

Took less than an hour to get pushed to B- and therefore unlock league battles, and now I'm done with that save file for good. I don't recall the exact count of games but I know I had 5 losses, none of which were easy wins for the enemy even when my team was bad, (except for a Moray Towers match where my team loaded with 3 members at the start). In every game I played except one I had the most kills and I saw a lot of weird and bad plays (and occasionally good ones too!) from players on both sides. It's frustrating to lose a bunch and feel like you're contributing to your team but if you focus on your own play, you'll climb just fine.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
N-zap is flat out outclassed by other shooters in this mode. There are ones with better range or damage or whatever stat you wanna pick. Its serviceable but I'd never put it in my dream Salmon Run team.

E-liter is fine. Its charge time is slower but it does enough damage to OHKO steel eels and one-cycle drizzlers. Also the extra range is useful if you are actively aware of it. Its not like the gootuber where you are stuck with a longer charge time for no tangible benefit in Salmon Run.

Octobrush is worse than the inkbrush form an efficency standpoint but still so useful I'd never dream of calling it bad.

So yeah the only weapon I really hate here is the flingza roller. The problem is more a result of these weapons not meshing well together. For example, this lineup really struggles versus steelheads. The e-liter is worse versus steelheads than a regular charger, and none of the other weapons are very good at killing them. If you had a shooter with longer range and accuracy than the n-zap, steelheads would be less of an issue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress Moray Towers

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Mothership in the Spawning Grounds at lowtide is still bullshit. Don't call it lowtide when half the boxes drop on the normal map.

Best strategy seems to be if your E-liter stays at the end of the normal tide map to keep the Eggs falling closer to the basket. If you have the Sting Ray, shooting it immediately after Grizz announces he Mothership is moving can get you both hits to the Mothership and get some of the Salmonids while they're leaving the Mothership too.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I don't understand how to use the brella but I've consistently placed first in most matches with it so maybe it's good???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
lol Internet Kraken that ninja squid shirt you spent 50 chunks on I rolled 3 ink resist naturally with only one ink resist drink ticket and I was only wearing it because it matched the shoes I was actually trying to farm chunks off of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lakbay posted:

lol Internet Kraken that ninja squid shirt you spent 50 chunks on I rolled 3 ink resist naturally with only one ink resist drink ticket and I was only wearing it because it matched the shoes I was actually trying to farm chunks off of
lol