Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't know about Shou, but what the english version of Kyuranger needs to do is adapt Garu as a member of Doggy Kruger's people.

So a direct adaptation of the one episode with Dekaranger and Gavan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I went to Toys R Us because I wanted to maybe buy some little MMPR thothcke to decorate my work space with, like a little Red Ranger or something
They had a life size Power Sword

I have a life size Power Sword
Like seriously the box says For Ages 15+ but that's bullshit we all know that means For Ages 15 x 2

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

So a direct adaptation of the one episode with Dekaranger and Gavan?

no, make it so Garu is really the same kind of alien and it's not a joke.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Doggo Kruger, a heckin good savior

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Alienizers, you is doing me a crime

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Calaveron posted:

So I went to Toys R Us because I wanted to maybe buy some little MMPR thothcke to decorate my work space with, like a little Red Ranger or something
They had a life size Power Sword

I have a life size Power Sword
Like seriously the box says For Ages 15+ but that's bullshit we all know that means For Ages 15 x 2

How many did you buy?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Unponderable posted:

How many did you buy?

Just the one, it's pretty pricey

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

By the way, Ninja Steel is back. Not much to say about this episode though aside from it introducing Levi's Zord (they also kept the cheeseburger morpher after all, it just functions as a camera/communicator in this series).

While this hasn't been the best season so far it's at least a step up from its Sentai counterpart in my opinion (though that's not exactly a high bar to clear).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 14, 2017

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"I always wanted to finish high school!" was kind of a sad way to end the episode. The ninja suits with the hoods and masks look pretty cool, though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Larryb posted:

By the way, Ninja Steel is back. Not much to say about this episode though aside from it introducing Levi's Zord (they also kept the cheeseburger morpher after all, it just functions as a camera/communicator in this series).

While this hasn't been the best season so far it's at least a step up from its Sentai counterpart in my opinion (though that's not exactly a high bar to clear).

Cheeseburger morpher did that in Ninninjer, too, IIRC. He took selfies with the yokai he was fighting.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Cheeseburger morpher did that in Ninninjer, too, IIRC. He took selfies with the yokai he was fighting.

I know, only difference is it's not a morpher in the PR version (which makes me wonder why they bothered including it at all then).

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Larryb posted:

I know, only difference is it's not a morpher in the PR version (which makes me wonder why they bothered including it at all then).

The same could be asked about why they decided the sword couldn't be the Morpher but the thing that's three weapons in one can be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

I remember it being mentioned somewhere that they included it because there were too many scenes with it being used to take selfies so they just kept it in.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Larryb posted:

introducing Levi's Zord

My brain interpreted this as Lord Zedd for some reason and I got really hopeful, then disappointed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Do was Lord Zedd called Lord Zee in Europe or what

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Calaveron posted:

Do was Lord Zedd called Lord Zee in Europe or what

No he is still Zedd but I did once have some one ask me about how they spell it out loud and asked a couple of UK PR fans. They in fact go Zed-E-D-D

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

drrockso20 posted:

True which leaves me potentially worried about how he might be adapted when Kyuranger gets a Power Rangers adaptation
RJ might actually be a good template for him. The dude is the stereotypical stoner like mentor.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

The same could be asked about why they decided the sword couldn't be the Morpher but the thing that's three weapons in one can be.

Toys.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

But there's toys of both and the sword is unquestionably better even for being BoA garbage? :psyduck:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

But there's toys of both and the sword is unquestionably better even for being BoA garbage? :psyduck:

Making the shuriken the morpher would boost sales of the shuriken because the swords would sell well anyhow because they're swords.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How was the movie received by the Japanese markets? Not talking about box office, but did they like it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
With the eclipse coming up, I'm made even more sad by the fact that I got rid of all my old Power Rangers toys. I would have been that guy taking my Time Shadow Megazord with me to a viewing party.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

jivjov posted:

With the eclipse coming up, I'm made even more sad by the fact that I got rid of all my old Power Rangers toys. I would have been that guy taking my Time Shadow Megazord with me to a viewing party.

Ugh...missed opportunity!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

jivjov posted:

Take an MMPR Megazord with you instead.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Star Man posted:

Take an MMPR Megazord with you instead.

Ah, but I sold all of those on eBay! (Side note; shipping to Puerto Rico sucks)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I managed to get a legacy Ninja Megazord at Barnes and Noble and I am hoping there are still clearance Falconzords at TRU next week ether on Mon or Sat when I can go up. I have a Dragonzord on the way so Now I just need to figure out how to get a Titanus without paying an arm and a leg for it now.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

mateo360 posted:

Now I just need to figure out how to get a Titanus without paying an arm and a leg for it now.

Oh my sweet summer child. That would take nothing short of a Toys R Us truck travelling through time from the past somehow bouncing a single box out of it into your lap and then going back in time where it belonged. They simply don't sell for any less than MSRP anywhere.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SpazmasterX posted:

They simply don't sell for any less than MSRP anywhere.

That part I get. I am just trying to avoid paying upward of $500+ for one. maybe in the range of $300-$400. or wait about a year and see what I can find at Power Morphicon.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

mateo360 posted:

That part I get. I am just trying to avoid paying upward of $500+ for one. maybe in the range of $300-$400. or wait about a year and see what I can find at Power Morphicon.

Yeah. Wait for Power Morphicon. We have an awesome thrift shop near us that happened to have a Pyramidas zord with the box for $80. That's better than PMC and eBay prices from what I'm seeing. This same shop has a life sized Ninja Storm Red Ranger that talks when you press a button. If only it weren't $500.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Is anyone going to Power Morphicon that would be able to pick me up a Lord Drakkon figure? Will pay for figure and shipping.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So something possessed me to check out Super Mega Force on Netflix and the concept is pretty cool and the theme song kicks rear end when it's a remix of the original but lmao their morphers communicators are shaped exactly like their zordon and I know it's for toyetic reasons but it's hilarious how when they want to covertly communicate with a teammate as civilians they have to pull out this huge super conspicuous chunk of plastic shaped like a space moai man

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We're only 10 episodes into Ninja Steel, why are they already recycling monsters? Overall that was a pretty mediocre episode at best, saved only by the reveal in the last few seconds.

Aiden's sudden appearance seemed way too convenient to me so I'm guessing they're going somewhere with this.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They're reusing monsters because Ninninger also reused monsters and they're kind of bound by what they have available to them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

They're reusing monsters because Ninninger also reused monsters and they're kind of bound by what they have available to them.

True, I just didn't expect them to start doing it this soon (but we did get the Megazord fight that was cut out of said monster's first appearance for whatever reason though).

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh my sweet summer child. That would take nothing short of a Toys R Us truck travelling through time from the past somehow bouncing a single box out of it into your lap and then going back in time where it belonged. They simply don't sell for any less than MSRP anywhere.

mateo360 posted:

Morby posted:

Yeah. Wait for Power Morphicon. We have an awesome thrift shop near us that happened to have a Pyramidas zord with the box for $80. That's better than PMC and eBay prices from what I'm seeing. This same shop has a life sized Ninja Storm Red Ranger that talks when you press a button. If only it weren't $500.

So for those who are interested, I just managed to snag a Titanus for $350 ($10 shipping included in that) off of ebay from a best offer on a $425 listing.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I finally watched the movie and hey, wow, that was actually better than it had any right to be. Going the character focused, YA style worked in the movie's favour I think. Guess I'm part of the problem in us probably not getting a sequel though, huh.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Box of Bunnies posted:

I finally watched the movie and hey, wow, that was actually better than it had any right to be. Going the character focused, YA style worked in the movie's favour I think. Guess I'm part of the problem in us probably not getting a sequel though, huh.

I can still see Saban absolutely insisting on following through with one or two more movies but that steam's gonna run out eventually before all six happen.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 24, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I think it can work only if we assume that this movie was for world building and establishing characters and the subsequent movies will be all action.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Weren't they making a new one just based off of how much merchandising money they made and they were playing with the idea of making Tommy a girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I think there's room for three movies and that's it. And that's only if the second one doesn't bomb, which is why it should be half Green With Evil and half a six-man team stops Serpentera. And the character development should be limited to "Tommy is a loner anti-hero and that's kind of dickish but he helps out when needed."

Something about the first movie that struck me is that Jason's house has these huge wall to wall windows of the boat harbor, and that had to be deliberately chosen so eventually their family quarrel or dinner or whatever is cut off by an enormous mechagodzilla rising out of that water.