Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I was expecting more for 20 dollars

length doesn't equal quality

*slowly motions toward my crotch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Looper posted:

Speaking of things that are over far too quickly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

Right. I just got yakuza kiwami ordered for 30 though so i'm very woke on value

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sorry too hear about the very long, low quality dingdong

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

everything about polygon is great except for the actual criteria that games websites are generally judged on (articles, reviews, thinkpieces, etc)

like their videos are great, their podcasts are great, but when they have to put words together in print they take the Good hat off and put the Bad hat on. justin and griffin write ok reviews but they don't write reviews very often

recently I've been listening to the all-women Polygon Show podcast and it's been real good and everyone on it is very thirsfty

e: also they've managed to bring up overwatch and kirby in all of the episodes i've listened to so far

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 14, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I've seen someone else with your avatar and I was pretty sure someone already had it when you were picking yours but I didn't want to say anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone know if Cities Skylines is good/it comes out on PS4 tomorrow but I don't know how well something like that would play on console

also tokyo 42 y/n

It's fantastic on PC but I would wait to see what the console version looks like because city builders can be hit or miss on console ports.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

back home from my travels and I have reached the Point of No Return in DDS1. Time to hunt for megabosses

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I've seen someone else with your avatar and I was pretty sure someone already had it when you were picking yours but I didn't want to say anything

I've spotted it. It's a lot more grainy. I don't mind though, Kirby looks awesome :D I always have a few backups just in case!

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Late to the party but I think its time to give Dark Souls 2 a real good shot

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that sounds interesting, what's it about

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alzhheimer's disease

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

link the flame so that you can remember your kids, albeit briefly

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Abby was a real good addition to the Giant Bomb crew. She doesn't know as much about games as the rest of them (which makes sense since she was mostly hired to be a tech person) but you can tell she has a great work ethic and is trying to keep pace with the rest of them.

Also she's really funny.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

VideoGames posted:

:( I apologise. That website is one of the few things in this gaming world that I intensely dislike, coupled with the fact that he is one of the creators/a giant baby rubs me up the wrong way. I don't like feeling that way, but I do.

Don't apologize lmao. Arthur gies loving sucks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this is officially the worst hangover i have ever had in my life

it's been going on for 8 hours. every 30 minutes i wake up to puke and my brain hurts

gently caress this i am taking some narcotic painkillers and praying i don't throw them up

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Norns posted:

Don't apologize lmao. Arthur gies loving sucks

he was behind that Doom video lol he's always been a joyless gently caress, even if Ben Kuchera is the undisputed worst Polygon and maybe games writer since Tim Rogers

PantsBandit posted:

Abby was a real good addition to the Giant Bomb crew. She doesn't know as much about games as the rest of them (which makes sense since she was mostly hired to be a tech person) but you can tell she has a great work ethic and is trying to keep pace with the rest of them.

Also she's really funny.

Anyone who doesn't look or sound like they want to kill themselves is a welcome addition so I'm all for Abby, maybe put her on that Kingdom Hearts series because so far it is rough as gently caress, they do not give a poo poo about these awful games. Someone said they "aged like milk" which is apt as gently caress.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Didn't Arty Gies get a tattoo of the Polygon logo after he co-founded Polygon? Talk about hipster dedication...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

precision posted:

it's been going on for 8 hours. every 30 minutes i wake up to puke and my brain hurts

gently caress this i am taking some narcotic painkillers and praying i don't throw them up

Smoke some weed, friend.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

Didn't Arty Gies get a tattoo of the Polygon logo after he co-founded Polygon? Talk about hipster dedication...

I can't really fault him for that. I'd probably be proud if I founded my own games site in a way that let me make enough money to make it my career. :shrug:

I mean, his reviews and takes are generally not great but eh, getting a tattoo of a logo of a thing you're proud of having founded is pretty benign.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

That's probably one of the least offensive things that he has done

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I love Jeff, Ben, Rob, Geoff, Charles, Paul, Ben, Scott, Randall, Drew

In Training posted:

It's fantastic on PC but I would wait to see what the console version looks like because city builders can be hit or miss on console ports.

There's an Xbox One version that is supposedly pretty ok so hopefully it turns out well

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Company saved by fattest rear end

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wonder if they would have gone out of business if it wasn't for Nier A. I know they certainly lost a lot of money due to Microsoft wasting their time and effort.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

In Training posted:

back home from my travels and I have reached the Point of No Return in DDS1. Time to hunt for megabosses

Honestly, the hardest part is finding the Si Xiang anyway, so by the time you're there you've 100% got this,

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
been playing arkham origins again. i dont get why people didnt like it. it has its issues and definatly isn't as polished as the main games but its pretty decent and more fun then knight.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

Sounds like you've become an old, grats.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

been playing arkham origins again. i dont get why people didnt like it. it has its issues and definatly isn't as polished as the main games but its pretty decent and more fun then knight.

I liked it, I'm a big fan of rear end in a top hat Batman. The issue was that it was just more city and also the joker shows up, which people are tired of.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

kotaku is pretty good except their anime poo poo which sucks rear end
sexism in video games is bad, also here's a collage of all the sexy cosplayers we found at animeexpo with our camera basically going down their tits, with maybe one dude cosplayer we found hanging around

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Sounds like you've become an old, grats.

I liked it, I'm a big fan of rear end in a top hat Batman. The issue was that it was just more city and also the joker shows up, which people are tired of.

yeah i like that version of arkham batman. he is younger and much angrier and you see the shift from generic crime boss assholes to weird pyscho villians. yeah the joker is annoying but he worked well enough in it with young peppy "kill everyone in the room" joker and it kinda did a good job showing why the joker has big weird boner for batman.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

sexism in video games is bad, also here's a collage of all the sexy cosplayers we found at animeexpo with our camera basically going down their tits, with maybe one dude cosplayer we found hanging around

kotaku have always been hypocrites, whats new.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

he was behind that Doom video lol he's always been a joyless gently caress, even if Ben Kuchera is the undisputed worst Polygon and maybe games writer since Tim Rogers

Anyone who doesn't look or sound like they want to kill themselves is a welcome addition so I'm all for Abby, maybe put her on that Kingdom Hearts series because so far it is rough as gently caress, they do not give a poo poo about these awful games. Someone said they "aged like milk" which is apt as gently caress.

kh1 isnt super good anymore combat is basic and the platforming is weird, but kh2 is still a great action rpg and they got rid of all the crappy platforming so its mostly just fighting. the intro with roxas is still a giant time waster tho but the combat's fun enough for me to forgive it

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Kotaku.... isn't that the keyboard enthusiast/e-sport website? They have game reviews?

tap my mountain posted:

I wonder if they would have gone out of business if it wasn't for Nier A. I know they certainly lost a lot of money due to Microsoft wasting their time and effort.

I for one am happy to see Platinum become a PS4 exclusive (with PC ports)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kotaku needs to stop leaking esports poo poo into Deadspin, it's slowly down my searches for videos of pitch invading animals.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Let me just look through this gallery of scantily clad cosplayers so I can act indignant about it later

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Let me just look through this gallery of scantily clad cosplayers so I can act indignant about it later

im all for the gallery of scantily clad cosplayers, its not like those ladies didnt A) dress up sexy and B) agree to get photographed, its just odd contrasted with think pieces about how scantily clad video game characters are bad

where will the sexy cosplay come from, if we get rid of sexy video game characters

Serf
May 5, 2011

The only thing on Kotaku worse than the cosplay articles are the images/videos of Mike Fahey shoveling bacon flavored oreos into his bearded maw.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Endorph posted:

im all for the gallery of scantily clad cosplayers, its not like those ladies didnt A) dress up sexy and B) agree to get photographed, its just odd contrasted with think pieces about how scantily clad video game characters are bad

where will the sexy cosplay come from, if we get rid of sexy video game characters

Sexy is a sliding scale, but that makes me want to see puritanical takes on "immodest" characters. Fuckin' flip the script, man. Hack the planet!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

sounds like someone missed their hangover cure of a chicken fried steak breakfast

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

LawfulWaffle posted:

I for one am happy to see Platinum become a PS4 exclusive (with PC ports)

Uhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sonic mania has a boss fight where it drops you through a tube and you fight dr. robotnik in a game of puyo puyo so i'm officially buying it

• Locked thread