Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Some really bad Last Guardian clone that you should avoid at all costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I see the Rayman demo does show up in the Coming Soon section of the store but you can't search for it. Weird.

I hadn't seen anything about that Piczle DXgame before. Pic Cross could be really relaxing on the Switch. I've only messed with it a bit on my phone in the past. Anyone have that for another system or know anything about it? It comes out before Rabbids at the end of this month - the 24th.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Please do not purchase and play Sonic, it will make people think Sonic is good.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You're a worse poster than me, which is nearly impossible at this point.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:siren: Sonic is up in EU :siren:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Sonic-Mania-1174779.html

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:siren:DOWNLOADING:siren:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bill Barber posted:

Some really bad Last Guardian clone that you should avoid at all costs.

no, thats just the last guardian

Bill Barber posted:

You're a worse poster than me, which is nearly impossible at this point.

this is something awful. it is entirely possible.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Can I buy sonic from the europeans

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I loaded €20 on earlier so I just bought it through the web interface. I need to sleep so hopefully it's downloading.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Tomahawk posted:

You can but it involves tricking them into thinking your credit card is based out of EU which is really convoluted and imho not worth it when it's just getting a game 6 hours early. If a game is hugely discounted compared to the NA shop in another country it might be worth it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure we'll get more ports than originally planned because of how well MK8D did. They should just bundle 3D World and Captain Toad together.

If they did a port of XBCX I'd buy it, provided they unfuck the reputation grind and fixed a few other things. Like the weird "if you want to run more world boss stuff grind max rep with other players"(???) thing.

Though the combat would still rely on a bunch of arcane bullshit like passive stacking and soul voice setups to be 'optimal' and holy poo poo that was awful (though I get why they tried).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah just create a My Nintendo account with the location set to somewhere in Europe. Then login to the eShop with that account.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

fight me irl

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Why do I keep getting connection errors :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am going to BUY the SONIC game for my SWITCH and I will ENJOY it as it is going to be a VERY GOOD game.

Namaste

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

omg you can add a crt filter

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Zelder posted:

Why do I keep getting connection errors :(
I don't know but I just wanted to tell you your avatar is good. Not enough love for Sonic Spinball... anywhere on Earth. :(

Actually you're probably getting connection errors because that's what happens to the Nintendo network any time the store updates with a popular title.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rayman Legends seems really neat, glad I never got it for Wii U because it looks Perfect On The Switch.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah just create a My Nintendo account with the location set to somewhere in Europe. Then login to the eShop with that account.

this worked up until i put in my credit card which got rejected :(

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's a great game. Do we know what they added to this new version that makes it "definitive"?

every game is definitive on the switch

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

omg you can add a crt filter

Where is your avatar from?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HyperPuma posted:

every game is definitive on the switch

:yeah:

I'm pretty mad about Okami HD coming to X1 and PS4 but not Switch. loving Capcom.:argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

I'm pretty mad about Okami HD coming to X1 and PS4 but not Switch. loving Capcom.:argh:

Wtf

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

omg you can deliberately lower the picture quality

Thanks Sega! :tipshat:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How do you do that? Just playing the Switch version? :rimshot:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I grew up with sonic on the game gear so i think it's really neat. :shobon:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I always try to love Sonic games but the platforming is just so frustrating and imprecise to control if you come from a background of Mario.

Still going to buy this one and give it a chance later, though...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Realtalk; if you're so much as considering a WiiU for even just 1-2 games, get it NOW. There is a fixed ratio of gamepads to consoles in the wild, and now is the only time it'll be a favourable one.

Yeah I get the switch is the next gen but aside from a handful of ports, unless it can emulate wii-u games, the wii-u is great to have around. Huge backlog of games to work through

Frankston posted:

The rayman legends demo is available in the EU eshop, for those interested. You have to find it in the coming soon section though.

Lol they're still releasing that game on other platforms? I bet it's going to be $60 too

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tender Bender posted:

Rayman Legends seems really neat, glad I never got it for Wii U because it looks Perfect On The Switch.

That game and Rayman Origins are legit as hell wherever you play them.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I grew up with sonic on the game gear so i think it's really neat. :shobon:

I enjoyed Sonic on the game gear on the 3ds

I laughed hard when I found that they had an option to enable that good old "you can't see anything that's going on" Game Gear visual blur mode tho, now they just have to give us a battery pack for the 3ds that takes 6 AAs for that authentic retro experience

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah I get the switch is the next gen but aside from a handful of ports, unless it can emulate wii-u games, the wii-u is great to have around. Huge backlog of games to work through

Lol they're still releasing that game on other platforms? I bet it's going to be $60 too
It's $40 and it owns.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I somehow skipped Rayman Origins/Legends when it first came out. The demo's definitely tempting me.

Go figure the Switch is the perfect platform for 2D platformers. Rayman Legends, Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, Mighty Gunvolt Blast, Cave Story, Slime-san...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, I thought when 3DS came out, it would be a platformer renaissance with the 3D, but that really didn't end up happening. Switch is positively drowning in them. I watched my friend play some GoNNER and I would have bought it had I not immediately be abanonding it as soon as Mania comes out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I like GoNNER but it could be a bit more helpful with explaining wtf is going on (esp with the items you can pick up). I get that it's got a really basic interface and aesthetic but without reading a wiki I had no clue wtf was going on with some of my choices.

I mean, BoI is somewhat like that but at least their items have names and more useful visuals.

Fun game, though.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Mega64 posted:

I somehow skipped Rayman Origins/Legends when it first came out. The demo's definitely tempting me.

Go figure the Switch is the perfect platform for 2D platformers. Rayman Legends, Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, Mighty Gunvolt Blast, Cave Story, Slime-san...

super mario world...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39-natKpnkA

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rayman Origins/Legends are quite possibly my favorite platformers of all time. The controls are perfect, the graphic style is great, and Castle Rock might just be one of my favorite levels of any game ever. It's an incredibly easy level, but no other video game I've played has made me feel as stupidly happy as when I first realized what the level was.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, I thought when 3DS came out, it would be a platformer renaissance with the 3D, but that really didn't end up happening. Switch is positively drowning in them. I watched my friend play some GoNNER and I would have bought it had I not immediately be abanonding it as soon as Mania comes out.

I'm always gonna be bummed that we didn't get a Thousand Year Door remake or spiritual sequel that used the 3d to great effect. The paper stuff unfolding, the stage setting for combat, etc.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27 posted:

The fact that a glut of indie games is hitting the first nintendo console without a platform-mandated-you-must-use-it gimmick since the Gamecube probably isn't a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm sure this thread is about to go nuts for the new Sonic but I have to say Mighty Gunvolt Burst owns.

• Locked thread