Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Are the servers being weird or is my switch just not playing well with the internet right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lakbay posted:

lol Internet Kraken that ninja squid shirt you spent 50 chunks on I rolled 3 ink resist naturally with only one ink resist drink ticket and I was only wearing it because it matched the shoes I was actually trying to farm chunks off of

die

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I've used 3 tickets, and none of them actually loving rolled the ability for the drink.

I leveled a Krak-on hat with swim speed drink up TWICE and didn't get a SINGLE SWIM SPEED.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

lol Internet Kraken that ninja squid shirt you spent 50 chunks on I rolled 3 ink resist naturally with only one ink resist drink ticket and I was only wearing it because it matched the shoes I was actually trying to farm chunks off of

Im callin Murch say goodbye to ur shirt

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Whatup rear end crew :getin:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Just gonna slog out my 1200p in salmon run and not do this again, ugh this is just painful

LOL High tide with grillers on this weapon set: GET hosed

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 15, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

First game of the night > Wipe on first wave
Second game of the night > Wipe on first wave, DCed
Third game of the night > Teammate literally staring at floor then AFKs on the second wave. fail.

I think I'd better stay out of ranked tonight, the salt is too much.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

While not as bad as the surge of furry art, I am seeing a lot of, "I wish 'insert here' were real". Any idea what brought this on? I have no real problem with it, but I am confused.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I strongly favor internment camps for Tri-Slosher users

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

The Mattybee posted:

It's really not that bad equip it and give it a shot.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

jetpackhewy posted:

While not as bad as the surge of furry art, I am seeing a lot of, "I wish 'insert here' were real". Any idea what brought this on? I have no real problem with it, but I am confused.

It's the latest fake-miiverse meme. That's basically it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

drat straight you'd better give me that S rank, i was the only thing saving your sorry asses from getting the rainmaker instantly capped

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

drat straight you'd better give me that S rank, i was the only thing saving your sorry asses from getting the rainmaker instantly capped
I'm the GooTuber main in A rank Rainmaker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More like the BooTuber

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

JackDarko posted:

It's really not that bad equip it and give it a shot.

I have, it's a stupid weapon

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

LethalGeek posted:

Just gonna slog out my 1200p in salmon run and not do this again, ugh this is just painful

LOL High tide with grillers on this weapon set: GET hosed

I had a run where round 1 was grillers. Felt pretty good about beating it since its basically the hardest thing out of the way.

Round 3 was grillers again :suicide:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brellas own and can be hilarious against lovely sloshers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Seeing a lot of low scoring Duelies in turf wars. Is the gun bad at coverage?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I thought I was good at Salmon Run for getting to Profreshional and never dropping on Freelance, this weapon set has taught me otherwise.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Thank you Annie's store. Finally got Tenacity on headgear that isn't a helmet (and it's sunglasses to boot!) I've been waiting for non-helmet Tenacity gear since the game came out, it's a good ability but drat are helmets un-fresh

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Man, people weren't kidding with this Salmon Run loadout. First time I've ever gotten 0 eggs due to a Wave 1 High-Tide Rush where everyone split up for some reason? Still it's not unbearably bad if everyone can use the weapons decently, but you really need the E-liter to be on point for Steelheads and the N-Zap or Brush for Stingers. Worse thing for me today was several times when I had the E-liter and no one was taking out Stingers so I had to go after them myself, which is not efficient.

Any advice on using the Sting Ray during non-mothership waves? Every time I try to use it to take out a Flyfish a Stinger or other boss will blindside me. Once you've started firing if green ink gets under your feet it seems like you're screwed.

Millions posted:

I don't understand how to use the brella but I've consistently placed first in most matches with it so maybe it's good???

Someone made a good post about using the Inkstorm and Umbrella shield in Tower Control earlier. However, other the riding the tower the shield always seems to come out too slow for me. Mostly I've used it just as a shotgun. Any advice for using the shield in a firefight or strategies for launching it ?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seeing a lot of low scoring Duelies in turf wars. Is the gun bad at coverage?

Quite the opposite in my experience. They should be better at coverage than most weapons since they have a wider spread and a decent fire rate.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Finally got my last s+ (splat zones) on a 10 game winning streak. Feels so good, thanks Nintendo gods

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The main issue with the Eliter in Salmon Run is that it really needs a babysitter. That charge time is brutal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The main issue with the Eliter in Salmon Run is that it really needs a babysitter. That charge time is brutal.

It has super long range so no not really. Its bad if you're getting overwhelmed but you don't need someone constantly guarding you if you are positioned properly.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just managed to hit Profreshional. Salmon Run gets overwhelming at times but it's fun.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Everyone play splatoon and have fun today

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

To people entering S+ : poo poo gets super real. It's a monumental jump in difficulty from S to straight S+. Expect to be flanked at all times, and expect to fight people who can actually aim. Know the range of your weapon and be very thorough with your map awareness.

I got kicked out of S+ on Rainmaker but I'm holding on in Splatzones... with a Blaster of all things but gently caress.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CatsPajamas posted:

Man, people weren't kidding with this Salmon Run loadout. First time I've ever gotten 0 eggs due to a Wave 1 High-Tide Rush where everyone split up for some reason? Still it's not unbearably bad if everyone can use the weapons decently, but you really need the E-liter to be on point for Steelheads and the N-Zap or Brush for Stingers. Worse thing for me today was several times when I had the E-liter and no one was taking out Stingers so I had to go after them myself, which is not efficient.

Any advice on using the Sting Ray during non-mothership waves? Every time I try to use it to take out a Flyfish a Stinger or other boss will blindside me. Once you've started firing if green ink gets under your feet it seems like you're screwed.

Someone made a good post about using the Inkstorm and Umbrella shield in Tower Control earlier. However, other the riding the tower the shield always seems to come out too slow for me. Mostly I've used it just as a shotgun. Any advice for using the shield in a firefight or strategies for launching it ?

I pretty much never use the shield, maybe launch it and ride its wake to get behind people? Ninja squid may not be necessary.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

The Mattybee posted:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I pretty much never use the shield, maybe launch it and ride its wake to get behind people? Ninja squid may not be necessary.

Use the shield to juke and annoy your opponents. That's what people in S+ do anyway. Flank behind you, pop you with a weak squirt then shield up any retaliation to distract you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does Mr. Grizz say anything special if you get 0 eggs?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, he says something about how he should've made you read the training manual.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Internet Kraken posted:

Does Mr. Grizz say anything special if you get 0 eggs?

I embarrassingly found that out a while ago. He basically says something like "Zero?! Maybe I should make you reread the training manual." He's not as livid as you'd expect.

Owers fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 15, 2017

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
It's interesting that the training manual levels just push you along even if you suck dick. It scoots you along while actively mocking you even. It's the exact opposite experience I used to have with games like PS1's Driver where "Hey, watch the paint!" is all you heard for hours until you could get out of that god-forsaken parking garage if you sucked at the game at first.

"hey man, okay okay okaaay!!"

"Maybe I'll give you a call when I need a ride to the grocery store!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmRPTt0588g

God this brings me back.

rogue wave fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 15, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Owers posted:

I embarrassingly found that out a while ago. He basically says something like "Zero?! Maybe I should make you reread the training manual." He's not as livid as you'd expect.

I don't think these kind of games usually have characters get actively angry even at your miserable failure. Probably because they don't need to encourage the players to take it out on each other, the Switch, nearby pets and loved ones, etc.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Grizzco is that lovely retail job you hate every aspect of (including yourself), but you want more hours to make ends meet

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

Grizzco is that lovely retail job you hate every aspect of (including yourself), but you want more hours to make ends meet

And makes you work during the holidays! :v:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

splatoon is the most millennial game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've found myself playing and enjoying Salmon Run more than turf war/ranked. Shame that Salmon Run doesn't make you level up and that it's only available at certain times.