Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Castle Rock is so cool. I never played Legends all the way through: are the rest of the boss levels musical?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The fact that a glut of indie games is hitting the first nintendo console without a platform-mandated-you-must-use-it gimmick since the Gamecube probably isn't a coincidence.

I mean, all Switch games have the platform-mandated-you-must-use-it gimmick, it just happens to be one everyone loves.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27 posted:

I mean, all Switch games have the platform-mandated-you-must-use-it gimmick, it just happens to be one everyone loves.

Right, but it's also one that appears to either be easy to bake in or at least has some sort of sane default that you can let the hardware deal with automatically, unlike dual screen/touch screen/motion control.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

wuggles posted:

Castle Rock is so cool. I never played Legends all the way through: are the rest of the boss levels musical?

I forgot if they were all bosses but there was one music level per world.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's that?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
so does sonic mania unlock at midnight for US? est?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tomahawk posted:

so does sonic mania unlock at midnight for US? est?

Mania thread is saying 3-5 am (12-2 pst).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

I'm always gonna be bummed that we didn't get a Thousand Year Door remake or spiritual sequel that used the 3d to great effect. The paper stuff unfolding, the stage setting for combat, etc.

It was sticker star before shiggy told them to change everythinf

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What's the Blaster Master Zero co-op mode like?

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

omg you can add a crt filter

A thing that emulators have had for the last 20 years?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so when will sonic mania unlock

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

General Morden posted:

so when will sonic mania unlock

Probably in like 40 minutes. I wonder if it'll count as one of those games that gets better battery life in handheld mode.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Damnit Rayman: Legends is one of my favorite games ever. I guess I really am going to spend $40 on a portable version.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
sonic let me play the fucken game

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Probably in like 40 minutes. I wonder if it'll count as one of those games that gets better battery life in handheld mode.

People play docked without an adapter? That is a thing?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

jetpackhewy posted:

People play docked without an adapter? That is a thing?

pros do

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Evil Fluffy posted:

What's the Blaster Master Zero co-op mode like?

Basically one person is a free-flying reticle that can blast enemies. It makes the game pretty easy but it's pretty fun. Note: I also enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy co-op, which is similar but Blaster Master's version is better.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sonic Mania review

https://i.giphy.com/media/yXVO50FJIJMSQ/giphy.mp4

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
I think Sonic Mania might actually be midnight PST, not EST unfortunately.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NM

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 15, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aaron Webber confirmed on Twitter 12PM PST for Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

Dumb. The whole point of time zones is that I get to play things the day before the East Coast.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/897268736696082432

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

I guess I can wait 3 more hours instead of buying it on PS4 :shepicide:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

loving timed exclusives man

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Don't you bastards even joke about it being PM.

What's Retro City Rampage DX like? Is it fun?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's been out in Australia for like 14 hours

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I love anime, Fire Emblem, Persona, and Final Fantasy Tactics, will I like Disgaea?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Turtlicious posted:

If I love anime, Fire Emblem, Persona, and Final Fantasy Tactics, will I like Disgaea?

You might be fine. The game is a bit different on the battle system front but the tutorials are fine.

Edit: I forgot there's a demo on the eShop, try that first and see if it's for you.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

It's been out in Australia for like 14 hours

yes but that would cost ~$2 more to buy from there

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Turtlicious posted:

There are things that I'm finding irritating, but overall as a FE/FT fan I'm enjoying it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTejwu4oaw

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I just want to remind people that the 33% off sale for Graceful Explosion Machine is over at 8:59 PST on August 15th. (tomorrow)

How many of you have pulled the trigger on some of these 33% off sales? It's just enough that if I have just a passing interest I consider it. I'm not too hot on I am Setsuna due to reviews, but Grateful Explosion Machine and Tumbleseed have my interest. Should I just get them both? Tumbleseed's sale dies on the 17th.

Is this Troll game supposed to be an absolute poo poo show? It looks like it might be the worst actual title on the eStore when it drops.

edit: That Sonic review is hilarious. Are all of his like that? I just got a boner for a game I already had a boner for. It's boners all the way down, folks.

rogue wave fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 15, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rogue wave posted:

What's Retro City Rampage DX like? Is it fun?

Its a 2d gta game but with memes and references

Its ok but its like 99 cents on steam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wuggles posted:

Castle rock is one of the best ones but yeah you missed some gooduns

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Do USB headsets work with the Switch dock or do I need to get a bluetooth headset or something if I want headphones on while the switch is docked.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

Bluetooth doesn't work with headphones right now out of the box. You can use adapters though I think. You can plug into the headphone jack directly though. I don't know about USB, unfortunately.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

rogue wave posted:

I just want to remind people that the 33% off sale for Graceful Explosion Machine is over at 8:59 PST on August 15th. (tomorrow)

How many of you have pulled the trigger on some of these 33% off sales? It's just enough that if I have just a passing interest I consider it. I'm not too hot on I am Setsuna due to reviews, but Grateful Explosion Machine and Tumbleseed have my interest. Should I just get them both? Tumbleseed's sale dies on the 17th.

Is this Troll game supposed to be an absolute poo poo show? It looks like it might be the worst actual title on the eStore when it drops.

edit: That Sonic review is hilarious. Are all of his like that? I just got a boner for a game I already had a boner for. It's boners all the way down, folks.

Yes troll game is allegedly poo poo.
Yes all of dunkey's videos are like that.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

rogue wave posted:

I have bought and enjoyed both Tumbleseed and Explosion Machine during their sales, though I haven't got very far in either of them due to Splatoon. Tumbleseed is indeed tough as nails though. I have reached the 3rd area of new 'easy' campaign and pitfalls have started forming directly below the seed :henget:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rogue wave posted:

Bluetooth doesn't work with headphones right now out of the box. You can use adapters though I think. You can plug into the headphone jack directly though. I don't know about USB, unfortunately.

Hmm. Headset I have with a normal jack is just removing the USB part from my turtlebeach headphones, which makes the cord too short to use docked. Realized though I can just get an extension for the jack though real cheap.

How scratch prone is the screen btw and is the dock scratching it an actual issue? Mine should be here tomorrow but I'm considering waiting until my screen protector arrives Wednesday to start playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sonic Mania out for NA.

• Locked thread