Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
for the price of the #1 dog you could probably buy 5 Costco dogs.

Costco wins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Teikanmi posted:

Addiction to Costco dogs is much better than addiction to booze
How's the booze thing going still?

Day 6. Bipolar symptoms starting to show again. The days seem to be fine but at night things get a little rough.

Btw, every once in a while I have to click on the link in your avatar. Cracks me up every time.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 14, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

CostcoHack: Get the collapsible laundry basket they sell, keep it in the trunk of your car. Never need the cashier to box up your purchase again.

PBUC

I know we tend not to speak of Ikea here, but their big rear end blue bags work wonders here. I bring mine when I make my pilgrimage and once it's full, it's time to cash out. Because I can carry my 1/4lb hot dog PLUS 20oz drink WITH refill in my other hand :whatup:

PBUC

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

binge crotching posted:

Apparently someone thinks they have a better dog

What's this Gourmet Dog Japon? Some sort of fake Japanese hotdog? Japan isn't known for dogs at all and they're usually total dogshit when you can find them unless you just buy the imported ones, ironically Costco probably has the best hotdogs in the country (and even then they're pork, not beef).

Costco needs no "cultural appropriation", their offerings are universal and loved no matter which country you're in!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Hed posted:

Might even use the churro as a spoon

Oh hell, I might have to actually do this

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I often see people giving away their extra cup after buying 2 hot dogs, so generous of them.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Teikanmi posted:

you call yourself an american, you son of a bitch?

I once witnessed a man eat not one, but TWO entire chocolate froyos in the time it took me to eat my chicken bake. He was a young, fit, well dressed businessman.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Original_Z posted:

What's this Gourmet Dog Japon? Some sort of fake Japanese hotdog? Japan isn't known for dogs at all and they're usually total dogshit when you can find them unless you just buy the imported ones, ironically Costco probably has the best hotdogs in the country (and even then they're pork, not beef).

Costco needs no "cultural appropriation", their offerings are universal and loved no matter which country you're in!

They're hotdogs with wasabi mayo, nori flakes, and tobiko.

There is a Costco not far from Safeco Field, so one could conceivably eat Costco dogs in front of this vendor while maintaining cold eye contact. It would require sacrificing refill access, but I rarely need more than one 20oz fountain beverage.

Super Waffle posted:

I once witnessed a man eat not one, but TWO entire chocolate froyos in the time it took me to eat my chicken bake. He was a young, fit, well dressed businessman.

This is a loving feat. That man decided that he wanted to eat a quart of frozen yogurt in one sitting and did not want to pay more than $3.30 for it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Shared the holiest rights of the sauerkraut with a fellow today. Wonderful memories that moment will bring I’m sure during later reflections.

Partook of my first take away pizza, half cheese half pepp/sausage. Miracles know no end in this place.

PBUC one and all

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Can anyone help me decide between the $14 Kirkland vodka and the $20 French Kirkland vodka? For vodka clubs is it worth the "good stuff"?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Day 6. Bipolar symptoms starting to show again. The days seem to be fine but at night things get a little rough.

Btw, every once in a while I have to click on the link in your avatar. Cracks me up every time.

thanks man, i do think about you outside of these forums sometimes and hope you're doing well and staying strong

just remember that life is too short to spend angry, cherish every moment and enjoy a tasty costco hotdog when life gets you down :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Teikanmi posted:

thanks man, i do think about you outside of these forums sometimes and hope you're doing well and staying strong

just remember that life is too short to spend angry, cherish every moment and enjoy a tasty costco hotdog when life gets you down :)

:glomp:

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

RJWaters2 posted:

Can anyone help me decide between the $14 Kirkland vodka and the $20 French Kirkland vodka? For vodka clubs is it worth the "good stuff"?

Buy both and keep the lesser one for mixing when you feel like trash.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
$14 vodka is like absolute, 20$ is like kettle/grey. up to you~!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Status report: The Co still great, people who don't put their cart in the corral should be fired into the sun. You get gas, a dog, a full cart of deals but can't put your cart back 25 feet away? Think of the good cart wranglers. :(

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

When I make my trip to the 'stco I either pick up a cart from the corral or politely offer to take it from someone who's about to return one.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

RJWaters2 posted:

The American vodka tasted awful last time I had it, but maybe it's better now. The French stuff was so cheap that there was no reason not to just buy it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shaking my loving head at these jerks that don't even appreciate a free Kirkland brand scorpion

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/nova-scotia/man-finds-live-scorpion-in-bag-of-bananas-from-costco-1.4246595

Also to the inept interviewer that didn't even ask if they got The Dog

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

When I make my trip to the 'stco I either pick up a cart from the corral or politely offer to take it from someone who's about to return one.

Pro move is to grab all the loose carts by your spot and bring them to the corral/front door. My record is 7

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

Shaking my loving head at these jerks that don't even appreciate a free Kirkland brand scorpion

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/nova-scotia/man-finds-live-scorpion-in-bag-of-bananas-from-costco-1.4246595

Also to the inept interviewer that didn't even ask if they got The Dog

Top quality scorpion, and great value.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mo_Steel posted:

Status report: The Co still great, people who don't put their cart in the corral should be fired into the sun. You get gas, a dog, a full cart of deals but can't put your cart back 25 feet away? Think of the good cart wranglers. :(

Last time I only got like 5 items and went to just put my cart back in the front cart area and carry my box of goodies and I just handed it off to a nice lady who went right in with it. The cycle was complete.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I always return my cart, but I don't like other people giving me their carts. Kinda like how Tony Stark doesn't like being handed things. I don't want your cart. I want my own.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

I will return any empty carts I see sitting in the parking lot it's called Being an Executive Member, PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Take home pizza trip report: easily the best pizza in Atlanta under 30 bucks a pie.

Just another easy and simple #win for Costco

PBUC

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
kirkland signature milk chocolate almonds

every
drat
day

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Bought like $20 in ribs and pressure cooked them in a mango habenero marinade I made and they turned out awesome. Got just about every sample they had yesterday too.

Resisted the urge to buy some of that golden island kbbq pork jerky because I end up eating the whole thing in like 1-2 days.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kirkland pulled pork is now a weekly stable in the fridge. I'm lazy and it's good. Just another tip for y'all from the Doc!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Kirkland pulled pork is now a weekly stable in the fridge. I'm lazy and it's good. Just another tip for y'all from the Doc!

ok seriously HOW do i keep learning about things that I am apparently just walking obliviously by in the isles at Costco.

I should just go down every isle sometime and look at everything.

Then again, I wish to not be completely broke.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
how did that ancients worship the sun and not look directly into it?

I have so much to learn.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
polish > dog

fight me

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The one time I got it, it didn't really free itself up from being One Huge Brick of Pork when I heated it up. Any ideas? Taste was alright but texture totally lacking.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JewKiller 3000 posted:

polish > dog

fight me

I don't think anyone would dispute this in 98% of situations, but there are certain times when only the dog will do.

e: that Korean pork jerky is next on my list of Costco conquests pbuc

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

FormatAmerica posted:

The one time I got it, it didn't really free itself up from being One Huge Brick of Pork when I heated it up. Any ideas? Taste was alright but texture totally lacking.

How did you heat it up? If it's like the Montreal Smoked Meat I sometimes buy at Costco, you could try putting the whole package in boiling water and then reshred it after. Make sure the plastic is safe to be heated though, or repackage it with a vacuum sealer or in an airtight ziplock bag.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

The Kirkland nut bars are good and only 7 net carbs if you're a low-carb boy. Wholeheartedly prefer them over the Kirkland protein bars.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

How did you heat it up? If it's like the Montreal Smoked Meat I sometimes buy at Costco, you could try putting the whole package in boiling water and then reshred it after. Make sure the plastic is safe to be heated though, or repackage it with a vacuum sealer or in an airtight ziplock bag.

[quote="“FormatAmerica”" post="“475392328”"]
The one time I got it, it didn’t really free itself up from being One Huge Brick of Pork when I heated it up. Any ideas? Taste was alright but texture totally lacking.
[/quote]

For sure boil it, and probably add 50% more time than the directions say. The middle was still cool when I did it the directed way. Extra time yielded a hot mass of meat that with just a touch of prodding and helping along was perfect in every aspect.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I got four pork tenderloins from Costco for something stupid cheap like $12. I made pork wellington for dinner this weekend, and then again last night. A delicious and decadent dish for the price of a fast food meal. PBUC.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

The Kirkland nut bars are good and only 7 net carbs if you're a low-carb boy. Wholeheartedly prefer them over the Kirkland protein bars.

Thanks for the tip. Their protein bars are the only ones that have fiber, which is awesome except it makes the bar inedible with the awful texture.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Good Dog posted:

Bought like $20 in ribs and pressure cooked them in a mango habenero marinade I made and they turned out awesome. Got just about every sample they had yesterday too.

Resisted the urge to buy some of that golden island kbbq pork jerky because I end up eating the whole thing in like 1-2 days.

Sounds great, post that marinade please

edit: also, great job on the exceptional username for this thread

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

An unfortunate case of copyright infringement has befallen Costco.

Their lawyers should have caught this wording. Would "Tiffany-style setting" have cleared since the argument was that "Tiffany" was a ubiquitous/generic term, like Kleenex or Xerox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Midniter posted:

I got four pork tenderloins from Costco for something stupid cheap like $12. I made pork wellington for dinner this weekend, and then again last night. A delicious and decadent dish for the price of a fast food meal. PBUC.

:swoon: