Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

I think it was a time when society was able to focus on the cult of personalty that the total house hold had at the time; such as when Diana cut the ends off of two very large zucchinis and scooped out the insides, then wore them over her hands and pummeled my Johnson mercilessly as I cried in exquisite agony for hours as she beat my cock raw with her produce paws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Shugojin posted:

A level beyond mansplaining

I call it

Gorilla Salad

Gorilla Salad would be an excellent username.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

Gorilla Salad would be an excellent username.

Na, too close to Business Gorillas. A good username would be more original.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Na, too close to Business Gorillas. A good username would be more original.

Change my username to Gorilla's Business plz. Tia.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Maestro posted:

Just curious, what do you think hem haw means?

I must admit I haven't put much thought into that now that you mention it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

it would just be a bunch of antifa wannabe punk nerds getting recruited by some clintonesque democrat party line hustler and shaker to stalingrad themselves against a line of paramilitary contractors

Stexils posted:

lol clinton and her ilk couldnt even get people to go to the polls and you think she could convince people to die for her?

extra stout posted:

a good man and moderator of these very forums died for her, just not willingly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

huh, you actually read gbs? i thought you just spammed it

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Leave the gbs drama in gbs buddy

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Leave the gbs drama in gbs buddy

In this very thread you admitted you don't read the usernames of people whose posts you quote so assuming you don't read threads you post in doesn't seem like much of a leap.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I use it to edit typos out of my posts, then edit them out of any posts that quoted it, without people noticing.
It's like being gaslighted by someone with OCD :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This forum is just FactsAreUseless and their sockpuppets

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I love mods.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

InequalityGodzilla posted:

It's like being gaslighted by someone with OCD :allears:
Yeah basically

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Paladinus posted:

I love mods.

FAU struck again! :argh:

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Holy gently caress that was brutal.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GodspeedSphere posted:

Holy gently caress that was brutal.

shame he wasn't a good moderator

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wheat Loaf posted:

Some cutting-edge commentary there, Billy.

Screaming Idiot posted:

REEEEEEEEE JK ROWLING FUNDED A CAMPAIGN TO KEEP BRITAIN UNITED WHY THE gently caress WOULD SHE WANT A BREXIT REEEEEEEEEEEE

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, but Harry Potter works for the government of some weird super-inbred special class that doesn't really have anything going for it other than it's own special little rules and rites that literally no one in the greater world cares about. I mean, Harry is on the liberal side of the wizarding world because he's friends with wizards from non-wizarding families. But he doesn't have any non-wizard friends or anything. He has zero contact with anyone outside his tiny hosed up little insular community, except for his non-wizard family that he hates and only lived with,if I remember those books correctly, as some kinda weird tax dodge.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

In the FOOF thread

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The line between cold war rocket science and cold war explosive science doesn't really exist.

Collateral Damage posted:

Because the line blew away?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Because the line blew away.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

1 week from today, thousands of people are going to travel to normally lovely areas of the country like Nebraska for the sole purpose of staring at the sun...

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

if americans are that desperate to see something bright almost entirely consumed by an uncontrollable and uncaring force why dont they just look at their own future

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

zakharov posted:

I for one have serious qualms about eating a libertarian hot dog.

MisterBibs posted:

One should always be afraid of eating a hotdog. :tinfoil:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

wateroverfire posted:

I often find GBS more fun to read than D&D.

Average Bear posted:

Yeah I prefer papercutting my dick into pieces over slamming my balls into a door.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

He's started rolling with the punches, good for him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he thinks that's how you learn to chew

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:vince:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Druid Voltron posted:

Are M:tG proxy cards considered illegal if I'm not selling them or using them in actual tournaments? I really just don't like subjecting my Vintage decks to the general basement table and all of the cheese dust and spilled drinks that accompany it.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I haven't played magic since high school but what illegalities are you seriously concerned about? Like are the cops going to come in and seize 3 mana?

Snowmankilla posted:

Not if it's tapped. They have to wait till next turn.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

One man has been to prison because of Magic: The Gathering trading. His name is Mark Karpeles.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Paladinus posted:

One man has been to prison because of Magic: The Gathering trading. His name is Mark Karpeles.

There was also that dude that murdered his roommate for his collection.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

There was also that dude that murdered his roommate for his collection.
Drowned him in the river on his birthday. Pretty hosed up.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Smeagol?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FactsAreUseless posted:

Drowned him in the river on his birthday. Pretty hosed up.

There was also a guy that recently stabbed his opponent in a MtG tournament. Didn't kill him, but he stabbed the poor dude like seven times so it evidently wasn't for lack of trying.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I get the best mental pictures of the world's most ineffectual stabbing. It just goes on and on. Like, what are you even doing? Would you please stop stabbing me? Sir, would you please stop stabbing me?

Just as expected I suppose, of the world's worst stabber...

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Aug 15, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There was also a guy that recently stabbed his opponent in a MtG tournament. Didn't kill him, but he stabbed the poor dude like seven times so it evidently wasn't for lack of trying.

There was a also a guy who got destroyed by a like 7 year old girl

Apart from the general look of "holy poo poo what's going on" he was evidently a pretty good sport about it though

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm a relative newbie when it comes to mtg and a dude I knew gave me an entire 20k card set that he'd spent years working on building so I could go through it and buy stuff I wanted off of him. Then he moved away suddenly and no longer talks to any of us so I guess I just own it now? There's some expensive poo poo in here too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

I get the best mental pictures of the world's most ineffectual stabbing. It just goes on and on. Like, what are you even doing? Would you please stop stabbing me? Sir, would you please stop stabbing me?

Just as expected I suppose, of the world's worst stabber...

honestly that seems to happen with stabbings a lot. It's something that comes in court all the time

"okay, you stabbed this guy like 20 times so it's clearly attempted murder"
"not necessarily, people usually survive getting stabbed that much"
"yes but really now"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Aren't all murders technically attempted murder?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well okay assuming the guy in this scenario survived

(technically murder is a really strict legal term and it's a distinct crime from attempted murder, so no, but I'll not be a boring dickhead)

VVV honestly, you hear far, far stupider arguments

Lunchmeat Larry has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Aug 15, 2017

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

honestly that seems to happen with stabbings a lot. It's something that comes in court all the time

"okay, you stabbed this guy like 20 times so it's clearly attempted murder"
"not necessarily, people usually survive getting stabbed that much"
"yes but really now"

"Objection! Your honor my client stabbed the victim 20 times. He didn't die, so clearly my client cannot be charged with murder. And if my client had stabbed him 20 times, with the intent to kill, he would have succeeded in murdering, therefore he clearly did not "attempt" to murder him. Why, if anything, I would say that the defendant is clearly guilty of just being too drat tough to die."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Slenderman stabbing involved one tween girl stabbing another like 17 times and she didn't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

he's way too skinny to be a magic player