Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Outskirts of Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Uh, cheese, sure." Amerigo had just realized he had not eaten anything but trail rations since he got there, and providing its actual, recognizable, non-rotting cheese, he picks out something that looks like it'd survive on the road. "So, what's the word in town?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Ksenija Ceranic - Wilds Camp

The man looks surprised. Then smiles.
https://youtu.be/l2VnS8mwW-g
The light fades from his eyes and he crumples to the ground. Vital fluids leaking into a widening pool.

He dead.

Silth - Host/Jeb -Fortress of No Return

Inquisitor Blaylock welcomed Jeb into the Fortress of No Return.
https://youtu.be/JLVvI5vtVKc
The man sat in the sanctum, drinking wine. "I believe you have something for me?" He sniffed. Suddenly leaning forward he leered at Jeb. "Nervous? Something to hide perhaps?" He sniffed longer this time.
"Care to confess anything before you hand me that letter?"

SNIFF

Hakon and Daor - Southern Edge of the City
FP: 3

As Hakon went further south the pain he experienced lessened and then was just an faint awareness. Daor smiled, knowing his master felt better.

https://youtu.be/7YvAYIJSSZY

The noble was a furtive dwarf, paranoid and definitely down on his luck. He would enter and leave his estate at odd times and hours, often with several servants tow. He took different routes and consistently changed his schedule. However Daor and Hakon didn't see anyone following or stalking the dwarf. Shopkeepers and other locals said the noble often accused people of gang stalking him. Or that people were magical shapshifters secretly controlling the under-realms. Crazy. But it's what the nobleman believed. As such his business relationships had soured but he still had family money. The best time to catch the nobleman would be when he took his meals. He didn't seem to have any issues with those being on a schedule...

An interesting fellow.

Nikita - The Wilds

https://youtu.be/zCAK3bwOGx0
The dead shapeshifter's were disposed of. Isiah enteredd the camp, the question hanging in the air...

dun dum dun

Emilio Ughi - Wilds, on the road
Flaw Points: 2

One male and one female apprentice each. Each were completely willing, if Emilio's claims were true to gain ultimate power & eternal youth. In exchange to travel with Emilio and protect him.
https://youtu.be/vOsHoqhbUIU

Emilio pulled on the power of his book like he never had before. Light appeared through every wizard and apprentice present stabbing through them and turning them into raw and pure magical potential and power. This power destroyed them and soon was flowing into the two apprentices. Simple Wizards and Magi no longer as the power changed them. Beauty and grace, power and ill gained knowledge. Forbidden.

Lust grasped both of the former apprentices as lightning, fire, wind, and thunder burst from the skies. They copulated in front of Emilio, the last vestiges of their humanity spent.

A blackened crater glowed with an eldritch light and the former naked apprentices clothed themselves and then looked at one another with envy, greed, and abject hatred. Only the agreement they made prevented them from consuming the other. For they were a new thing. Their magic was powerful and instantaneous BUT they were hungry.

They had become vampires of a kind with none of the weaknesses inherent from the condition. They would feed on souls, magic, and the life force of their victims to fuel their spells and maintain their immortal lives.

Stern swore. "Shiiiit! Fuuuck! Piiissss!" Emilio's book slams shut. Depowered and...angry?

You have gained two powerful servants they have mortal quality Energy Absorbtion/Channeling [+2] as long as they are with you. The book is drained and it has not been fed the right kind of deals.

Patak - Kursedfall, The Wilds | FP 5

https://youtu.be/68PfufToOiA

As Patak finished Kursedfall, the souls of the slain appeared before him. Hundreds. No thousands of lives ended by the monster. As one they all knelt and bowed before the champion who had defeated the Kursed Giant. The souls of the families who had lost loved ones and not seen them return I their lifetimes came before Patak and gave him honors. When the tide continued, it truly gave Patak an inkling of what he had stopped here this day.

Eventually all of the spirits faded, able to rest peacefully.

Very nice!

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

https://youtu.be/UCyF8H8vb7E

The vendor took Amerigo's coin and bit it. "Hmm real copper this is!" And secreted it away. The man looked at Amerigo askance then held out his hand for more coin. "The mayor had an argument with the local constables and their auxiliaries. He's looking to hire a troubleshooter to fix his issues with'em." He seemed to be withholding more information. Waiting to be paid one might expect.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Jeb - Fortress of No Return

Host/Jeb stiffened a little as the Inquisitor leaned in, sniffing. Slowly, deliberately, for the Inquisitor's benefit, he removed a small vial of skooma that he had kept on his person. He held it out to the Inquisitor, visibly nervous but clearly steeling himself; the shaky confidence of a struggling man. Silth was only mildly concerned. The Inquisitor may have some sort of supernatural sense or power, but clearly it did not tell him much.

"My superiors already know about my... addiction. I'm working through it."

He still clutched the Wax-Sealed Letter in his other hand.

'Confessing' to Skooma Addiction, in a manner of speaking. Using The Gleaning [+2] to draw on Jeb's addiction and experiences with it.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 12, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon and Daor - Southern Edge of the City

This was certainly one person who would benefit from having Hakon in charge of his life. It did present an intersting challenge, how to stalk and confront someone who already thought they were being followed. Whatever it was, it wasn't going to be easy. Infiltrating the mansion was not going to be easy, but Hakon had completed harder jobs in the past. He guessed it was time to see just how rusty his skills had really gotten.

He ordered Daor to hide himself outside, to act as a spotter. It would be far safer to secret his way into the manor when its owner was away. Having Daor's muscle around would help, but Hakon was left with the impression that his body servant wasn't exactly stealthy. He'd still be close enough to order the orc psychically if things went pear shaped at least, and Daor could psychicly alert him when the dwarf returned.

The obvious infiltration point seemed to be the servants entrance. He waited until the dwarf had left on one of his excursions, then ensuring he had the Eye firmly on his person, Hakon begin his infiltration.

Hakon's gonna try and stealthily infiltrate the dwarf's manor. Former Thief[+4] to sneak into the manor. Alpha and Omega Servant[+2] to have Daor act as a psychic spotter to warn Hakon when the dwarf returns and act as the cavalry if things go bad.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Outside Mindy's House

Why are all grown ups such tools, Riley wondered. The soft approach wasn't working, so she tried something else.

"Wait," she said sticking her foot in the door. All the sweetness and vulnerability left her voice. Now it was matter-of-fact and straight to business. "I have something the Granbys are going to want to see. I'm only going to show it to them. All of them. If they don't want it, they're going to send me away pretty quick. But if they do, it's going to change their lives. Do you really want to stand in the way of that?"

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Ksenija bends down to take his pulse. Just in case. Nothing, good. Garth deserved that. She goes over to Amy and gently slaps her cheek few times. Her blue-green eyes open up again. Blood drips down her face. Ksenija pulls a rag out of one of her pockets and hands it to her. Amy takes it and wipes off it off.

"Good to see you again, Amy." Ksenija says.

She helps her up with a smile.

"Sorry I didn't get here faster." She adds.

Amy's dark hair always makes it look like the shadows are swallowing her up. Ksenija shows Amy Garth's body.

"He won't be bothering anyone again, and that's our problem. We've got to get rid of him and think of a good cover story." She says.

Luckily, this isn't the first dead body Ksenija's had to dispose of. That was an older man who tried to steal their food stash back when Ksenija was nine. Zlata quite literally beat his face off. They spent the rest of those bright hours finding a trash compactor to throw him in, piece by piece. It was an object lesson in using your environment to solve problems, also what it sounds like when you throw a ribcage in a trash compactor. She hasn't been able to eat celery since.

Ksenija will use her Jury-Rigging Genius (+4) to find a way to cleanly dispose of Garth, any evidence, and deal with any blood on her clothing. Her Streetsmarts (+2) will help her put together a believable cover story. After that's done, she'll analyze Garth's sword without touching it. If it's safe she'll keep it. If not, she'll dispose of it just like him.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 11, 2017

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Isiah Incipio - The Wilds

Isiah command voice lashed at the terrified picket. "Freeze; private Carmaggio!" Isiah told the zombies to halt then stalked forward alone to meet the picket mercenary. "Hold it right there, you cowardly maggot. Is that any way to greet your commanding officer?

Now, our scouts failed to warn us of shapeshifters. When I found them and killed the shapeshifter set to assassinate me, they returned from the dead to atone for their failure. Unless you want to find yourself amongst them you'll follow my orders exactly! First, hold out your hand." When the private did, Isiah placed two silver coins in the picket's hand and watched closely to see how he would react. When he didn't scream or writhe in pain at the touch of silver, Isiah nodded approvingly.

"Good man. I knew you wouldn't let yourself be tricked by yellow-bellied shapeshifters. Consider that a bonus. Now, find Nikita and have him line the company up for review. Shapeshifters can't stand the touch of silver, so I'm going to give everyone a bonus, yes, you'll get a second one, and anyone who doesn't want to get paid, is a shapeshifter. We'll root out any monsters by lunch time and be back on our way."

Talk my way into camp, gonna use silver bonuses to calm soldiers about dead guys and root out any remaining shapeshifters (since Isiah doesn't know Nikita killed them all already).
Warrior Prince +4 for persuasive talking skills and command authority
Black Company Captain +2 to get the silver to pay the bonuses

When I get a chance, I want to raise all the fallen mercs to serve as meatshields/shock troops. Try and keep the remaining dudes alive.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Patak - ???, The Wilds | FP 5

https://youtu.be/mW3OUQGUftw

Patak allowed himself a grin as the spirits went to rest. Defeating legendary monsters was one thing, but to be thanked for it by the victims? Now that was special.

He traveled on through darkness, his feet finding the paths and a traveling staff serving as his vanguard. He was reminded of the Blind Monks he once met in his homeland. They fought at night and within their Monastery were virtually invincible. He could have burned it or set up a siege. They were good people, though, and were fairly ascetic. He decided on surrendering to them alone.

They laughed at the gesture and taught him a little of their way before sending him off with good tidings and a few able warriors. They made excellent night guardsmen as he recalled. Very good at “seeing” through illusions.

Patak moved steadily through the wilds in as straight a line as he could toward where he sensed the Dracolich. He hoped it could still feel fear. For a Dragon to fall to evil and darkness, well, he knew people who had words for that.

Making your way in the underworld today takes everything you got/ A warrior killing all your troubles sure would help a lot/ I am traveling through the dark toward the Dracolich. In as straight a line as I can make until I run into a City or travelers or trouble. Warlord +6 To make my way.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo hands over a few more coppers. "Okay, so what's the catch?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - The Wilds

Nikita listened to the private explain what was going on. Muster up the troops for review? When the dead walked and body snatchers lurked? Hardly, and he was specifically not under Isiah's orders. He made his way to the captain and eyed him warily, a respectable distance maintained.

"Hold there, Captain. We've just suffered an attack by some manner of shapeshifting monstrosities, as you were informed. For our safety you'll answer a question so I can be sure of you. Answer me this: A man sent us to join Gaol and his Black Company. What did that man sell at his stall?"

Once that matter is handled, Nikita will go ahead and get the troops formed up.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio Ughi - Wilds, on the road
Flaw Points: 4

Emilio stroked his book a bit as he watched his new... employees with what was presumably faint amusement. Soul leeching vampires certainly were a slightly unexpected increase to his overhead costs, but he was confident that they would prove a profitable investment. Really, his larger worry currently was the ledger, for it was proving unfortunately disagreeable. And whilst he didn't know, he had a strange, intuitive hunch that its petulance was due to his deals not being punitive enough towards his targets.

Hm.

Well, he'd make it work! He was an Ughi after all, haha!

It would have to wait for the next town, however.

Go to the other town unless there is a Random Encounter or such.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Abdul the Unbound - The Tinker’s Shop | Promises: None! | FP: 4

Weeks passed, and Abdul was happy, or as close as he had come since arriving in this new world. It was an uneventful time, but that was fine by his standards. He was unaging, after all, so there was plenty of lifespan left to find excitement if he so desired. Sadly, excitement desired to find himself instead, it seemed. Ushering the two wooden children into a side room, the golem listened to the conversation between his benefactor and the dark elven inquisitor. This was… less than fortunate, putting it lightly. Abdul did not wish to see his benefactor detained, especially as it was undoubtedly his fault for the sudden lack of materials needed for this music box. Yet the golem had gained a fragment of wisdom or two in his time here, and he wasn’t certain that directly approaching the inquisitor was the best idea, especially as the dark elf appeared to already be in a foul mood. Instead, he gingerly placed the Crown atop his head once more, motioning for the children to keep quiet. He had never attempted to use the Crown against another’s Truth before, but if it was possible…

OOC: Using Truth [+2] to try and block the Inquisitor’s own spell. I assume this is what you meant by it being possible to block the spell and not something more direct like going out there and being really distracting, but let me know if I misassumed. :v:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

"A wise question. Onions"

"Catch." Isiah tossed Nikita a silver coin. He didn't really think the shapeshifters could have defeated the indomitable man, but best to be sure.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - The Wilds

Nikita caught the coin and glanced at it absently. He gave Isiah a brief look, unsure of the meaning of the gesture, but that was all. He no doubt had his reasons. A curt nod of acknowledgement before he turned and began bellowing at the troops.

"Form up for review! Body detail will be sorted out later."

He stalked among the soldiers, giving nods to those who managed to keep their composure and some gung-ho attitude to those who seemed less steady about the situation. He dearly wished to inquire about Isiah's newfound 'comrades' but no doubt he'd clarify the situation shortly. For now he needed to maintain the appearance of order and prior planning among the command ranks.

Eventually Nikita came back to the front and stood at parade rest.

"Company present and accounted for, minus the shapeshifting infiltrators, twenty-seven regulars, and one berserker."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

The Inquisitor blinked. "Is that all?" He seemed disappointed. "Was hoping for a real confession I was. Give me that letter." He said holding out his hand. The veins stood out to Silth. This humanoid filth before him...

Your racial hatred stirs. Do you give him the letter? Or swift death?.

Hakon and Daor - Conspiracy Manor

Hakon made his way around the maniac's mansion. It was oddly ordinary until one got to the study. A giant area was cleared and papers, notes, and pictures were all throughout the space. They were connected by push pins and string. Some items were circled, like a milk delivery schedule with the words "LIZARD OVERLORDS???!" and other conjecture in a massive conspiracy web. Examining it all would take time, but a good place to ambush the Dwarf would be in this room. Hakon had to defeat a lock to get inside so servants didn't clean in here.

Daor signaled to Hakon the Dwarf was coming down the lane and would be home in minutes.

A theory room.

Riley - Inside Mindy's House

The man hesitated and then let Riley inside. When Mindy, the Butler, and her parents gathered into the common room her parents had admonished Mindy and the Butler. The first for inviting the homeless(of which it was a crime not to report) into their home. And the second for bringing IT into their house. "What bewitchery did you do to out Daughter! She claims you stalked her very dreams. Are you a soul stealer? What do you want? Tell us or we will summon the enforcers!"

"You killed him! Oh man!" Amy began freaking out. "Well be converted to slaves or worse. No evidence from the dead, we're not rich." The smaller woman began to panic even more when Ksenija said they were going to cover it up. Amy was beginning to make noise.

Ksenija can get rid of the body and hide it easily. If Amy helps. The methods and means are known to Ksenija. A shallow grave covered in rocks wouldn't be noticed by anyone out there. Amy's freaking out though.

Patak - Town of Sump, The Wilds | FP 5

https://youtu.be/mW3OUQGUftw

Patak journeyed on. Soon he saw faint lights in the distance. A small community using torches. He arrived in town and as he walked the main street, people went inside and shuttered their windows. A larger home that could be the town mayor's residence sat in the middle of town. Nearby an inn's fireplace lit it's dark interior with a warm glow. A black wind began to blow...

You have arrived in Sump.

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"No catch, so do you want to hear the other rumors that you paid for or not?" When it became clear that Amerigo had misread what the man said, the guy took his hand off of the handcrossbow Amerigo hasn't noticed aimed at his belly. "Assumptions out here can get you dead, wastelander. Especially if you offend someone. The lord of this land has a curse upon his castle. A beast hunts his armsmen, which is why he has hired so many. Even bandits. They say it strikes after the glowstones discharge at the darkest part of evening. It hides during lightcycle. None know who or what it is."

Emilio Ughi - Distant Village, Wilds, on the road

Stern, Sally, and the boys stayed far from your two new servants. Lillith and Cain. The journey was slightly tense and soon a small village came onto view. A first stop on the way on this journey. Lillith purred. "Master Emilio, Cain and I hunger. We should stop and resupply as well in that town over there. Please?" She smiled evilly.

Sally shuddered. "We should resupply, but leave them two out here. In case the church's assassins have caught up with us." Stern slumped down on the ground. "I'm pooped boss I could use more food."

The boys looked at Emilio expectantly.

A place to pit stop.

Abdul the Unbound - The Tinker’s Shop | Promises: None! | FP: 4

The Inquisitor looked hard at the tinker. Then smiles smoothly. "I sense no deception from you, this time...see that you complete the work by the end of the week or else!" The man knocked over some other works on his way out. "Accidents happen."

He was gone. The Tinker fell to his knees. The children ran out and hugged him fearfully. " What are you going to do papa? You can't finish it in time."

"I know children." He said weakly. He looked up to Abdul and smiled. "Thank you my friend. I'm not sure what you did but I imagine this miracle cane from you."

OOC: cockblock

&

Nikita - The Wilds

The men formed up on one side of the camp and the dead on the other. The mercenaries seemed extremely uncomfortable with this but were too well disciplined to act out. This likely had it's limits though. Gaseous moans from the zombies often punctuated the silence as the men waited nervously. The smell of burned shapeshifters wafted through the air.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley frowned, offended by the . Kids are better off when their parents are dead, she decided.

"I'm not a soul stealer. I'm Riley. And I have abilities. Some might be useful to a person in the healing profession."

She took out her whalebone flute from hiding. "I can bring dead things back to life with this. Better than before, even. I can bring them back. This flute is just a piece of bone without me. Trust me on that. The people who brought me here tried real hard to use it without me. It was useless."

Riley continued. "What I want- what I need is to find the way back to where I'm from. While I'm looking for that way, I need a place to stay, some coin to follow up on leads, and a friend." She paused her monolog to make eye contact with Mindy and smile. She deserved better than this world.

"Bring me a dead thing and I'll show you I can bring it back. Could be a bug you just smashed. Or call your enforcers, and you'll never see me again except in your dreams."

[Resurrection +2] if the Granbys will play ball and produce a corpse. [Sneaky +2] if Riley has to flee the house.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Time was short, but Hakon had worked on locks before. He set to work on the lock. Once he was inside it would be fairly straightforward to set up an ambush. Hide away in the room, wait for the dwarf to enter, then he would only need the dwarf to look at the Eye once. One look at the Eye would be enough to put the dwarf into a deep trance and leave him open for reprogramming. Hakon had already decided that the dwarf would receive only the normal thrall programming. The reason was two-fold, first he needed to make sure there was sufficient energy to enthrall the house staff. Second, creating a psychic link with a deranged person was not something he was particularly interested in testing, especially after the wizard.

Setting up an ambush in the Dwarf's room. Former Thief[+4] to break the lock and the Eye of Davos[+2] to give him the regular thrall treatment.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Isiah had previously fetched the company pay chest from his tent and now stood on top of it. Emphasizing its presence as he addressed the assembled troops. "I could not help but notice the destruction in our camp when I returned. I know, as you know who is responsible for this. Our scouts. We trusted our lives to them. Trusted them to guard our rest and warn us of danger. Instead, they betrayed us. Allowed shape shifting monstrosities to infiltrate our camp and attack us. Betrayed many of us into death's embrace.

You, however, stood fast. Betrayed by our allies, our comrades in arms, and ambushed by unclean monsters, you held the line. You rallied to the defense of our brothers, and together you overcame where others died. For your valor and vigilance I award each of you an additional weeks pay. File leaders, call off your troops in order to receive their bonus." Isiah watched closely to see if any flinched when their bonus of silver coin touched their skin.

When the men were back in line, each having passed the test and received his reward, Isiah stepped up on the paychest again to resume his oration. "You have earned your reward, but if this company is to survive, we still must complete our contract. We must find and slay the Gigants. However, the failures of the dead leave us with too few men to do so. If we pressed forward now, most of us would never return."

"All is not lost. The failure of the dead, also provides a solution. They failed us in life, but they will not in death. Already, our scouts have risen from their grave to serve until they have wiped clean the stain of failure. So too will the dead here. The unvigilant will never cease in vigilance. The cowardly will not run again, but instead be first into battle. The slow and the unworthy will take the blows meant for us. The dead will be our shield and our sword. They who cannot die again will serve on the frontlines until they have made up for their failures, and we. We; the strong, the brave, the vigilant, will all get rich."

Isiah Incipio, one-time mortal foe of the unliving drew Lich's Bane, the Bone Blade and beckoned the dead forth to be sworn in as members of the Unsleeping Vigilance Platoon of the Black Company.

Making more zombie soldiers
Necromancy +2

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - Sump, The Wilds | FP 5

It looked a proper little crapsack town. Patak liked these when they were free of trouble and could live in peace. It was important to him that they could. He looked around a bit before heading into this tavern.

He put down a few coins. “I have more, but I am looking for a hot meal, an actual bed, and if I am very lucky a place to bathe.” He glanced around. “And the local news or rumors of course. I am an adventurer. My name is Patak and I have slain the Kursed Giant!”

He lifted up the toe he took as a trophy as proof of his victory.

Some solid boasting and trying to purchase some more comfortable food, quarters, and hygiene stuffs. If they have any Troubles I am obviously the guy to ask for help.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Jeb extend the hand containing the letter, placing it in the Inquisitor's hand. But he also reaches out, clasping the Inquisitor's hand in his own two and getting down on one knee in a formal gesture of respect and gratitude. The sleeves of his Priest's robe hiding the slight twitch as tendrils slipped down into his arms.

"I thank you for this opportunity, sir."

I give him both, but the death won't be swift. Snatching the Inquisitor. Using The Gleaning [+2], to play the struggling Priest being granted what he assumes is another chance that allows him to get close, and Parasitic [+2], for strength and paralyzing venom, to give the Kiss of Death to the Inquisitor.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 15, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - The Wilds

Nikita scowled. He had misjudged Isiah. Laying blame on the scouts for something they could not rightly foresee, and now using their dead bodies to cleanse some imagined stain upon their honor? It was disgusting to watch. It made a little more sense now, the revulsion the soldiers showed when these things shambled into camp.

He turned and addressed his own small band. "Berserkers! Pack your gear. We leave at first light in the morning. We have our duty, and I have no desire to accomplish it alongside these...things." He glanced at his second. "Freda, accompany me for a while, please. I have an idea I wish to test."

As the chaos orcs went about their business, Nikita made his way to the pile of slowly burning shapeshifter corpses. It was a lucky thing this had occurred to him now, before the flames consumed too much. There were still a few limbs here and there that ought to prove adequate for his purpose. Drawing a knife, he hacked at an arm until it came free in his hand, dripping ichor. "We need a means to ensure these things cannot infiltrate us again in the future. I may be able to weave a minor enchantment to that end."

He made his way back to his tent and went about his work.

"That coin the Captain gave you. Let me see it a moment."

Witch +2 to use the shapeshifter blood, salt, and other reagents to infuse the coin with a lesser divination effect, such that it will glow when these shapeshifting abominations approach. He will spend the rest of the evening enchanting his own coin, as well as those of the other eight berserkers.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Ksenija Ceranic - Wilds Camp - 2 FP

It takes all the effort in the world for Ksenija to not grit her teeth. Her impulse is to run, put this problem behind her just like so many others. But if she does that she has to abandon Amy to her fate, and leave the Salamanders behind - the first group of people she's felt any sort of comfort or camaraderie with since the disaster that brought her here. She has to do this carefully, think of what her big sister would say in her place to a trembling young Ksenija. She looks Amy straight in her pretty blue-green eyes, bites her lip, and takes a deep breath before she speaks.

"Look Amy, I know you're scared. I know you want to scream and cry. But we can't right now. I'm right here, and I know I can get us through this. Please, just trust me. You have to focus on the problem right in front of you. There's time to vent after we've dealt with it." She says.

She gestures to a good rock pile.

"We can put him under there, easy as cutting cheese. Just hold on for a little while longer."

She scans the sword quickly with her implant, careful not to touch it, before setting to work.

Ksenija will use Head Down (+4) and take 2 FP and her Streetsmarts (+2) to help her calm down Amy and get her to assist in burying Garth. She also analyzes the blade Garth was wielding without touching it. If it's safe, she'll take it. If not, she'll bury it with him.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 16, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Every adult in the room looked at Riley as if she was crazy. Or dangerous. Mindy's father shook with rage and he gritted, "Get. Out!" Mindy mouthed 'I'm sorry.' The butler pointed for Riley to leave.

A couple options in the roll for this. I chose the least brutal reactions since Riley is having a hard time. Both to the claim and threat.

The dwarf entered the room and Hakon's service. The man calmed quite a bit when his will was taken from him.

The dwarf is normal thralled.

Isiah didn't notice any of the men shy away from the pay. A few were wearing gloves though. The men didn't say anything when Isiah raised the dead and they got the horror of seeing men they cared about, fought with, and bled with rise as unholy abominations. But Isiah got the emotional animal impression he should be guarded always by his undead soldiers while he slept.

Nikita begins to take some of your forces! They seem to dislike the undead solution. While the soldiers under your direct command stay, the berserkers were needed for the assault. Dividing now would leave you with the dead who were less capable and less living soldiers who could adapt on the fly.

Yeah you maybe going to get an arrow in the back. Maybe from "shapeshifters". Nikita is taking men. Do you let this go?

Patak - Sump, The Wilds | FP 5

The innkeeper grunted. He showed Patak to a room with a tub and warm bed. "Supper is in an hour." The man shrugged at Patak's boast. Likely he had no idea what he was talking about. After cleaning up, Patak heard a commotion in the common room. Voices. He could go to sleep or go get some supper.

Host/Jeb knelt and the Inquisitor smiled. "You lustful lad! I thought I'd have to force you." He fumbled with his beltloops and dropped his trousers just as Silth grabbed his arms and killed him. The moans of death brought no one. The guards likely dismissed for this reason. Soon Inquisitor-Silth discarded the priest-jeb corpse in the trap door made for that purpose.

Inquisitor-Silth is born

Nikita - The Wilds

The men pack eagerly, wanting to be gone. The coins were made easily. When the men were ready to go, another regular soldier approached Nikita. "Sir, a group of us living men want to leave with you. We see what we will become if we stay. Please. Take us along." He said pleadingly.

berserkers ready, coins made, a situation

Amy sniffles and stops shaking. Soon she snaps out of it and the two of you bury the corpse in no time. It seemed it took longer than it had. It only has been moments since it happened.

Edit: Ksenija examines the sword Garth was carrying. It was magical and sentient. She didn't sense evil from the blade, merely frustration. At Garth. Magic Sword +1 /edit

You cleaned each other up and began the long walk into camp. It was time to sleep and your shifts were over. "Please. Sleep next to me. I don't want to be alone right now." Amy looked unsure again.

Ksenija could choose to do so, or keep her distance. Regardless the morning came. The master of the caravan took a head count and called a meeting when one of his drivers was missing. You and Amy stood with your commander. It was asked if anyone had seen him. Amy looked at you and...

Did Ksenija keep her distance?

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 16, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Your pity is appreciated

Riley - Leaving Mindy's House - Back to the Abandoned Shop

Riley shook her head at Mindy, meaning that she did not blame the child for anything. Riley began to back away. "Just so you know," she told the adults, "Mindy didn't have anything to do with my choice to come here. If you hurt her, I will be back." If they were going to be afraid of her, they should be afraid for the right reason.

Riley left the Granby's estate and made her way back to the abandoned shop she found in the merchant district. Real tears threatened to fall down Riley's eyes, but she stuffed them back. She was tired, though, so tired. She needed sleep, she told herself.

Back at the empty shop, Riley found a dark spot to lay her head. She wanted out of this world more than ever, even more than when she was in the dungeon of the Master, where she at least lived in ignorance of the shittiness of Slate-Iron City. At the very least, she wanted to flee into its dreamlands, where she at least could hope to find a nodens of this world, or any benevolent creature she could find.

"Please help me!" Riley yelled into the void of dreams, where she made no substance so as to encounter the dreamland in its purest form. "I'm a stranger here and lost. I'm begging anyone to help me find my way."

Back to the dreamland, this time trying to commune with a dream spirit for guidance. [Dream Weaver +4]

Caufman fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 16, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo notices once again he has been threatened with either death or incarceration over a misunderstanding and makes a mental note to keep on moving. "Noted. I meant no offense and I apologize. Thank you for the information." Nodding politely, he excuses himself and goes to try to find the merchant he arrived here with and see how he's doing.

After the rough welcome, Amerigo is going to keep on moving until he finds a place where etiquette breaches do not result in arrest/near death. Finding the caravan master he worked under and trying to see if he needs any assistance.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Riley - Dreamland

"Please help me!" Riley yelled into the void of dreams, where she made no substance so as to encounter the dreamland in its purest form. "I'm a stranger here and lost. I'm begging anyone to help me find my way."

The dreamland shifted. Suddenly darkening. <"Oooh. Booooo."> A figure shifted out of nothing. It looked like wisps of smoke shaped like a fairy with wings. <"Did I scare you?"> she tinkled. <"Don't be sad. How can I help you?">

An entity appears

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Beer garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo finds the caravan master at his inn. The man listens and let's Amerigo know he will be leaving in a week. He was one of the first caravans to arrive alive in a month. So much business to be had. "Can I order you a position as a guard for my goods? I'll pay for your lodgings and pay you handsomely sir."

Guarding the goods

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Location: The Beer garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"I'd be happy to lend my services in that capacity, but I think I might be able to offer more. I didn't want to impose when we were leaving Slate-iron city, but I have other skills; I'm literate, numerate, and have run the logistics portions of reasonably sized organizations before." Amerigo leaves out the part where those were rebel/revolutionary bands. "In addition, I might have some insights into what might sell best at your next destination, er, whatever that may be."

Shilling myself as an aide/accountant/guard combo. If I learn where we're headed next, using the [Tactica Transoceania+2] to run a quick governmental and economic trade report on the place, assuming the horrible green light doesn't appear the second I open it. If this is a two parter action, trying to get hired first, and then scouting our next destination second.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

"Any who wish to forsake their oaths and their hope of winning future riches may go with Nikita. The Black Company has no need of those too weak in the gut to do what needs doing. More money for the rest of us when we complete this contract. Their pay, and the food will stay with us however. Lieutenant, see that the guard is doubled on the supply wagons."

"Everyone who still wants to get rich, get ready to move. We've wasted enough time here already. There are gigants to kill."

With the scouts dead, Isiah planned to have the dead lead the way. Instead of exposing traps, they could instead absorb the first rush of any ambush with the flesh. Hopefully. He'd also mix half of them in with the perimeter guard and the other half around his tent.

Nikita et. all can go. No hard feelings. Isiah isn't that crazy. Yet.
Back to hunting gigants.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 16, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Dreamland

Clearly this dream creature thought it was funny. Riley might have found it funny, too, if she weren't in pain and desperate.

Riley pointed into the space where she could see her friends back home, but couldn't go through. "That's where I want to go. There. Home. And not just in dreams. I need to get back there in body, too. Do you know the way? Or is there anyone left in this world who is good, besides the children?"

Caufman fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 16, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon smiled as the dwarf's will was replaced with his own. He seemed much less anxious than before, an interesting side effect of his enthrallment. Hakon then ordered him to gather up the rest of his servants for a meeting, the perfect opportunity to enthrall the rest of them and complete his takeover of the manor.

Before the dwarf could leave, Hakon asked mostly rhetorically, "You are better off now that you have been cured of the horrible disease of having your own will instead of being an extension of mine?" The dwarf eagerly agreed with his new master, which was fairly meaningless as thanks to the Eye the dwarf would have agreed that up was down if Hakon had prompted him such, still it pleased him to hear the words from the dwarf. Then he sent him out to perform his duty, and prepare the others for the gift of thralldom. Soon, very soon, this manor and all its occupants would exist only to serve him.

Using my new thrall to arrange for Hakon to be able to enthrall the rest of the staff. Set up a meeting of all the servants, Hakon walks in and then all eye are on the Eye of Davos[+2] , and all their minds are putty in his hands.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Blaylock - Fortress of No Return

Host/Blaylock redressed casually, and then looked down at the letter still clutched in his hand. He turned it over once, wax seal unbroken, and stared at it a moment before tossing it unopened into the fireplace. The letter was no longer relevant.

Instead, Host/Blaylock picked up his wineglass, swirling it lazily and taking a sip as he walked to his desk, sitting down behind it. He was a busy man, presumably. He had responsibilities. People who he could delegate to, perhaps. With luck, his position was secure enough that Silth would not need to abandon his body as quickly as the last few hosts. Unless opportunity presented itself, of course.

Setting the wine glass on the table, Host/Blaylock began to rifle through his own drawers and files, examining the papers and contents of his desk. This was as good a place to start as any.

Let's look through some papers. Of particular interest are current assignments/cases/duties, subordinates, and assets Silth might consider advantageous. The Gleaning [+2] to know where to look and ignore the irrelevant busywork Silth would not find useful.

Also would like a brief rundown of Host/Blaylock's authority, rank, and abilities. Basically, what can he do as an Inquisitor?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Ksenija picks up the sword before she leaves. It's about three feet, hilt to tip. Just barely a short sword. She gives it a test swing, nice and light. Good slashing blade, easy to drag across someone's throat. She picks up his sheathe and belt, they go under her cloak, back into camp, and into Ksenija's bedroll when no one is looking. Hopefully, the sword doesn't mind being alone.

Promise I'll be back for you later, when people aren't looking for you. She thinks.

------------

There's fear in Amy's voice again, and those big blue-green eyes sparkle with something that...isn't quite platonic. Death does funny things to your hormones Ksenija thinks to herself as she swallows a spoonful of stew. In any case, she'd made Amy a promise, implicit as it was. She'd be there for her. You take care of your crew, your family, your people; they take care of you.

It wasn't like this would be any harder to explain than most of the poo poo that happened so far, she and Hannah had an open relationship after all and "So the girl I saved was lonely and scared and one thing lead to another..." was not much of a leap compared to "After that I ripped out the meat computer's mainboard, which had an eyeball and hair, to disable the death beetle failsafe. The mainboard blinked at me."

She smiles up at Amy, they share a kiss.

"Of course." She says.

------------

Ksenija aches in the best way. It's been too long since she was with another woman. The tension is drained from her shoulders, her breath comes a little easier. She whispers to Amy, disguising her words as innocent pillow talk.

"I know today was scary, but I promise I'll keep you safe. They'll ask us if we saw him during inspection. You'll think about tonight, shake your head, and say you didn't see a thing. I'll do the same." She says.

After that, Ksenija closes her eyes and lets herself drift off.

------------

And so, when the morning, and the inspection, come Ksenija smiles slyly at Amy. She has complete faith in her.

OOC: Ksenija will take the magic sword and hide it back in camp with her Jury-Rigging Genius (+4) She'll stay with Amy for the night and give her a pep talk with her Streetsmarts (+2)

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 17, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

"Haha, do not be so easily intimidated by our new assets, Sally my dear", Emilio grinned, "Certainly they're high in upkeep, certainly there could be complications risen from them to those of lesser mercantile caliber! But see, it is well known in my profession, you cannot profit without risk, and if we were to ever let go of these two due to, ahh, heat, we should certainly plant them somewhere larger than this. Give them something particular to do, to earn us interest for having invested in them. Indeed, a small village like this? It is very much ideal for our purposes. We can resupply and be on our way quickly, far gone to other places before word of, let us say, less than scrupulous dealings reach places of power."

Emilio beckoned the vampires to him, and spoke, in hushed tones, to them in particular. "Ahh, my good employees, I know of your particular needs. Do engage in them, please, I have no objections haha! BUT do be careful! We do not want a mob before we've already left town. Thus, spare the fulfillment of your necessities to right before we leave town, am I understood? Good! We'll make great partners, I can already tell, haha!"

Resupply, allow vampires to feed but only right before we leave, and in secrecy, so that we are far gone before they realize anything is wrong. Other than that... I don't know, maybe roll Merchant [+4] to get a better price on the supplies?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - The Wilds

drat. This was going to be a problem. He understood the soldier's concern, but openly encouraging the troops to go against their commanding officer was not a great precedent to set. Discipline was what Nikita knew, and he did his best to maintain it in himself and in those he worked with. Disregarding that, he didn't know how Isiah would react to such a thing. If they came to blows, the warlord would probably win out. And in spite of this recent action, Nikita still liked the man well enough. It was regrettable, but this trooper's request would have to be denied. If he ended up being killed and turned into a shambling corpse, Nikita would simply have to carry that burden.

As Nikita began to answer the soldier and shatter his hopes, Isiah saved the day.

"...Well." He turned towards the soldier. "You heard him. Put the word out that anyone who cannot or will not follow Captain Isiah will muster under my command. We move at dawn. Dismissed."

So there was one problem somewhat resolved. Not that any of these men would be happy about it once they returned to company headquarters. At best they'd be discharged without pay. Quite possibly they would be executed for disobeying orders. And Nikita knew, ultimately, he wouldn't be able to stand by and watch that happen. His days with the Black Company were already numbered.

Once things are settled, Nikita will lead his platoon out to engage one of the known Gigant outposts, and very wary of further shapeshifter infiltration or other nasty surprises.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - Tavern Common Room, Sump | 5 FP

His stomach rumbles and it is decided. He travels to the common room in search of food and company in this place. He might be loathe to admit it but traveling alone in the dark is terribly lonely.

Getting the grub on. Chat some people up.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Location: The Beer garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Maybe." The man said doubtfully. While he did think you a fine guard, he didn't know you well enough yet to trust you with running his business at that level. "Our next destination is a cluster of small villages, the moore-burrows. They have a harvest festival and are usually in the mood to buy goods for it."

As Amerigo looked in his book, he could see the Moore-burrows were a collection of small loosely associated villages run by local mayors. When trouble occurred they all came together to stop the threat in a common defense. Especially against outsiders. One village made cheese it's largest export, another a type of under-realms grain that grew in darkness, another village made cloths and textiles made from harvested underspider silks.

While not rich the communities traded with each other and sold goods to merchants in bustling trade. As far as a government they didn't have a standing enforcer force, or really any government body outside of the elected mayor. A tax collector came every season. For major issues they could send word to Slate-iron city and usually got a quick response. Every village needed staples that the merchants would bring and traded goods and in rarer cases where that wasn't enough in coin.

You have the guard job. Not sure he's convinced yet on the advisor/accountant role. The book yields the information with no other effects.

Riley - Dreamland

Riley's senses in the dream gave her more information than if she had met this creature in the waking world. It was serious. Deadly serious. Ancient even. The fairy being smiled. "Winter's chill, child of man. I can help you on the path to get there and I can give you the information you seek. Since you asked me to give it to you.

"The object you carry with you. The...artifact my kind call such things. It has great power. Greater than you can know currently. By using it. Feeding it's nature. You can transcend your mortal limitations." She smiled sweetly. "And then you can be reunited with your friends."

Holding up a finger, two fingers the ethereal being answered Riley's other question. "There are good people here. Some came with you to this realm. Some you have actually met but you tried to cause them harm. Don't deny it. I saw. Motivation and what you tried or meant to do doesn't apply."

"Manners matter more than morality to one such as myself. Such a mortal concern, good or evil. Ah well, it cannot be helped. Tell me Riley. Would you like some help? A gift to help you on your way to your goals?" The spritely woman floated lazily but watched Riley. To see what she would do. Would she be polite or offend?

The noble dwarf nodded and gathered his staff in th great hall of the manor. They seemed confused when Hakon walked into the room but all fell silent when the eye opened and claimed their wills for Hakon's own. They were simple people these servants and would serve Hakon well. They all knelt before Hakon and praised him for he had saved then all. From themselves.

You now have a noble manor, it's owner and staff at your disposal.

Silth - Host/Blaylock - Fortress of No Return

Host/Blaylock looked through his desk and found the usual. People to be tortured. People reported to be arrested as apostates and then tortured. Torturing the ones reporting any false apostates or incorrectly identifying those that were. Several appointments with prostitutes both male and female throughout the day. A weekly appointment with the church apothecary for performance enhancing herbs and potions to keep up an aging inquisitors libido and energy. Collecting information from the inquisition's shadowmen, spies working for the inquisition. The daily review of the rotating troops and zealots to make sure they had enough zeal.

Truly the Inquisitor could call upon resources of the Church to prosecute his duties. For major actions there was a senior Inquisitor to report to, but Blaylock did not like meeting with superiors as doing that too often reduced his own relative autonomy enacting the Dark Cardinal's will. And his own persuits.

There were church servants and torturers that worked here and he could direct them to tasks but not indefinitely.

Blaylock did have access to some Dark Gifts. Such as truth magic, pain spells, and some binding rituals and spells. A few exorcism rites not used were also available in his mind. All inquisitors are very much in charge but report to a senior Inquisitor for major undertakings. His authority is basically limitless but high ranking priests, senior inquisitors, cardinals, and the Dark Cardinal himself can stop him pretty quick if he acts out of turn. You have access to the forbidden library and the church vault housing dangerous and wondrous things. You can order men's and church assets to do stuff but not for extended periods of time. You gain the temporary mortal quality Dark Inquisition [+2] this covers what I've described. You ditch the body or it dies then you lose this quality.

The caravan master grunts when no information is forthcoming. "Probably wandered off drunk and got eaten by a Grue." Muttered the man. Amy shared a secret smile with Ksenija and soon everyone was dismissed to their duties.

When Ksenija had some time alone, she picked up the sword. It pulsed in her hands and she found she could not let it go.

<"I have you now! MWAHAHAHAH!">

<"Just kidding."> The blade joked. <" That idiot Garth got glue on the handle. See?">. When Ksenija looked, she could see that indeed, it was glue. <"I'm speaking to you psionic-ly. So you don't look crazy. However you can't speak that way to me, so keep it on the down low. I'm Percival. And yes I'm a magic blade. If you say the word: Auros : I illuminate your surroundings. I never need to be sharpened and I always cut true. I have been sentient for about 500 years. I give great advice unless you're an idiot. Then usually my owners die. From not listening. Thank you for not discarding me.
Master.">

You gain Mortal quality: Percival, Sword of light [+2]

Sally looked untrustingly at the converted energy-vampires but nodded her agreement. Emilio's hungry servants took the news with mixed results about their feeding but didn't argue. As Emilio walked into town he started wheeling and dealing for supplies and transportation for the mage equipment didn't use animals. Stern and the boys into a wagon loaded with supplies.

The mayor of the town came out to see the rich merchant for himself. "Hello friend." He greeted Emilio. Lillith and Cain hissed at the man. Frightening him. A look from Emilio quieted them down. They were hungry.

"I don't suppose you could carry a message for me to the next village? I could pay you." The elderly man finally was able to say.

Carry the letter? Unleash the kraken?

Patak - Tavern Common Room, Sump | 5 FP

"Stew stew magic stew. Eat of me my humble crew!" A man danced around the room playing a lute. The workers of the town swayed to the tune mindlessly chanting along with the man. A large pot was cooking the innkeeper as the man screamed. The noises of the people made it sound like a party. "Help!" The innkeeper cried. "Its a mindweaver!" Patak felt the creatures regard as it pushed against his mind with its magic. It frowned when it hit Patak's resolve like an iron wall. It pointed at Patak "Put him in the stew too, beat him black and blue!" The guests numbly rose, stumbling towards the stairs and Patak.

Glad you didn't go to bed you would have found a mess in the morning!

&

Nikita - The Wilds

The chaos orcs growled. "We not leaving our pay!"
Isiah's demands and threat was met with a group that supported him and his zombies, Nikita's berserkers and his lieutenant, and the soldiers who didn't want to end up as zombies.

The berserkers and men with Nikita would not leave without their pay and supplies.

The zombies moaned. Something had to give and Nikita and Isiah had to speak on it rather than vaguely hear the shouts of the other and wander off in opposite directions.

The chaos orcs are about to: lose control [-2] if they can't have their pay and stuff and will attack everything that moves, the men who want to leave with nikita also want their supplies and their money or they're going to try and take it from the camp. The zombies and living men with Isiah will kill to enforce Isiah's orders.

The fate of the Black Legion is in your hands brave godgamers!

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 18, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon and Daor - Hakon's Manor

Hakon reclined one one of the luxuriously appointed chairs, greedily taking in his new thralls' praise. When Daor entered knelt down with them and joined them in praising him, his smile only widened. After an hour or so he raised up a hand causing the congregation to fall silent. Hakon pointed at Daor and then spoke, "Rejoice, for I have a task for you. I now have funds and a mage, what I desire now is muscle, fighters to protect me and crush my enemies. You will select those who will form my first guard. They must be worthy of becoming my personal warrior-slaves, but at the same time you must make your choices carefully, you must not allow the powers that be in the city to suspect my existence." Hakon smiled, as he added on a little twist, something to really motivate his orc lieutenant, "Make your selections with the utmost care, for they will be your gift to me. You may make use of my spies, and I will await your gift here." While his favored thrall was at this task, he would remain in the manor, enjoying the good life and allowing the Eye to rest and recharge.

Sending out Daor to select the member's for Hakon's personal guard and make the preparations for their enthrallment. Alpha and Omega Servant[+2] as Hakon has set things up for Daor to really give this his all, Minor Spy Ring[+2] since Hakon has given Daor permission to use them. Tagging Gluttony for 2FP to add [+4] since Hakon has framed this as a chance for Daor to prove his love for his master.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Ksenija grumbles and starts scraping the glue off the sword hilt and her synthhyde gloves. While she works she whispers to the sword.

"Well hello there, your last owner was a real piece of work. I'm Ksenija Ceranic. May I call you Percy?"

By the time she's done she's figured out the sword has all sorts of lovely settings. She gives her a woman's voice, she takes on something like her accent. It makes Ksenija smile, back home her accent was incredibly rare. Zlata was the only other person who had it...besides their parents, but they died when Ksenija was five and Zlata was eleven. She gets her to emit a nice soft blue light that goes with her hair's cosmetic genetic alterations perfectly. Percy keeps trying to call her mistress though.

"Please, I'm Ksenija. No titles."

She divides her spare time between idly chatting with Percy, running equations, doing basic research into Anti-Real Math, and the occasional encounter with Amy. Percy reminds her this world is full of forces and things she doesn't understand, and she needs to hone her own edge to stand a chance against them.

Ksenija will use her Jury Rigging Genius (+4) to conduct research into the basic nature of Anti-Real Math in an attempt to better understand it.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 18, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Dreamland

Riley's eyes widened at the dream creature's answers. She stared, astounded and chastened. Who could the fairy have meant were the good people Riley tried to harm? Was it Ksenija, the strange lady back in the dungeon? Or the smooth talker at the orphanage? Riley didn't like bringing the dead guy in the slave pen back to life just to have him slaughtered again. But she wasn't the one who killed him first.

But Riley didn't deny what the dreamland fairy said, and accepted the warning quietly. Suddenly feeling uncomfortable with how she looked, Riley stopped slouching and looked the being in the face while trying not to stare. "Yes, please and thank you. I miss my friends. If you can help me, then I can do my best to help you back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Emilio spread his arms and smiled widely, only pausing to give a quick but pointed side-glance to his new employees, but long enough that the message of 'Do not hiss at potential clients if you would?' was transmitted clear as crystal. Most of his attention was focused on the elderly man, however.

"Ahaa! Looking to keep in touch with friends or family, my man? Business partners? Or perhaps eve business partners..?" Emilio winked and guffawed out a rich laugh, "Haha, just a little joke of mine, worry not about it friend! I am not in the business of asking too many questions", Emilio crossed his fingers, but his grin was still present, "However, I do ask a few. Such as, what is this payment you are offering, to whom or where is this letter to be delivered? And is there, perchance, some risk of, shall we say, complication to people in possession of this letter or those that attempt to deliver it? Not that this is some inquisition my friend, ahaha, no, not at all! But it is a foolish merchant who buys a pig in a poke as they say in my homeland! Give me the details, and we can discuss this letter of yours."

Emilio is ok with the concept of taking a letter, but he wants some details first.

• Locked thread