Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
That sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Pat Barry seeking rematch with Tim Hague in the afterlife:

https://twitter.com/SecretMovesMMA/status/894661095536943105

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Prindle is exactly the kind of fodder that Pat Barry should still be able to beat even when he's brain-dead. Also he once posted a picture of his balls on Twitter

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Prindle is exactly the kind of fodder that Pat Barry should still be able to beat even when he's brain-dead. Also he once posted a picture of his balls on Twitter

remember the prindle vs big monster trilogy that concluded with 2 dqs due to ball kicks and one fight canceled because someone was too fat for heavyweight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I never watch Helwani, but I caught Pat Barry yesterday. He was hard on booze and pills for a good 2+ years, culminating in him getting arrested in Minnesota during Brock's camp for Hunt. Now he said he's been clean a little over a year, and this fight with Prindle is him testing his ability to stick to training and whatnot.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

LobsterMobster posted:

I never watch Helwani, but I caught Pat Barry yesterday. He was hard on booze and pills for a good 2+ years, culminating in him getting arrested in Minnesota during Brock's camp for Hunt. Now he said he's been clean a little over a year, and this fight with Prindle is him testing his ability to stick to training and whatnot.

I would pick Pat Barry on hard booze and pills for 2 years to beat Eric Prindle in the first round by TKO, and he could do it without hands as a novelty attraction

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no wonder Thug Rose looks like she was about ready to murder people.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

no wonder Thug Rose looks like she was about ready to murder people.

yeh

Pat said after the arrest in MN, Brock fired him from the camp and when he returned to Colorado, Rose had moved out. They didn't reconcile until after the Karolina fight

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Speaking of tiny, tiny punchgirls.

RIZIN announces super atomweight grand prix for Oct. 15

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXqdBs-h3z9/?hl=en&taken-by=titoortiz1999

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Miraculous neck brace.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

honest question, could his head look any bigger

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

honest question, could his head look any bigger

its starting to change shape

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bundt Cake posted:

its starting to change shape

they're going to take off the neck brace and he will be unable to lift his head, like a newborn baby. and then bellator will schedule him to fight chael in wyoming

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The biggest spinal support brace they had and it still looks like a child's fist squeezing a ketchup packet as hard as they can

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Skip My Posts posted:

You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing

lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

team MMA is extremely my poo poo

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/896394127922909184

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/896396254795661312

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The main problem with it is it's generally decided by whichever team's fighter wins their first fight and after that it's 2v1 and then 3v1 next most likely. It seems fun and crazy though, as a bizarre sideshow but not much else imo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
where's my bong, niggy?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

The main problem with it is it's generally decided by whichever team's fighter wins their first fight and after that it's 2v1 and then 3v1 next most likely. It seems fun and crazy though, as a bizarre sideshow but not much else imo.

so then, what we need to allow this to reach its full potential as the ultimate freakshow MMA is to remove the team element. a 6 man MMA free for all? where's pride when we need them

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Team fighting seems to work and be fair only when the teams are very large, like in that crazyass Calcio Fiorentino

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Does Mario Yamasaki have a new branch of his referee school in Brazil?

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/896562548954279937

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that's just a fan who came in with a ref shirt

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Just caught Bellators Heather Hardy on the MMA Hour. Great talker with an entertaining fight style. Even though shes 1-0 in MMA looks like someone Coker can promote to get that 125lb division kick-started with Letourneau, and man she has some life story.

Worth checking out if you have the time, and can deal with Helwanis being Helwani.

Also gives some good insight in Floyd/Conor being a two division champ pro boxer.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That would involve me listening to Ariel and lol

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Hello Folks,

I live in Shanghai now, at least for the next few months.
According to OneFC, there is an event in Shanghai Sep 2, at 7pm.
This sounds great! I'd love to go, one problem....

Who is on it? Where is it? How do I buy tickets?

It's getting kind of close and I'm wondering.... will OneFC just pretend they never had an event scheduled and just keep on truck'n?

If anyone knows anything about this lovely event, I'd love to hear the info.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
OneFC announce roughly 10 billion shows a year and all but 12 of them never happen

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Alright cool I'm gonna go to Macau or something that weekend then.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Apparently Ben askren is supposed to be on the card so maybe they won't cancel that one

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
A guy died. :(

quote:

Mixed martial arts fighter Rondel Clark, a Massachusetts native, has died after being knocked out during a fight over the weekend. His death has opened an investigation.
Clark, 26, of Sutton, was competing as part of the Cage Titans XXXV showcase on Saturday at Plymouth Memorial Hall. According to the Plymouth County District Attorney, the match was stopped about two minutes into the third round and ruled a technical knockout.
After the fight, the DA said Clark was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Plymouth and then transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
He was pronounced dead on Tuesday morning.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/mma-fighter-dies-after-being-knocked-out-in-weekend-fight/12014708

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/former-ufc-heavyweight-champ-frank-mir-sign-with-bellator-mma

FrankMir has joined #oldmansteroidleague

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/former-ufc-heavyweight-champ-frank-mir-sign-with-bellator-mma

Oh gently caress yes.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Frank Mir Vs a healthy JT?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Lmao

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
*wheezing intensifies*

OPEN. WEIGHT. GRAND. PRIX.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

yeah exactly and also:

i'd like to see:

Mitrione
Sergei
King Mo
Nelson
Fedor
Rampage
Bader
Davis
Bonnar
Tito
Chael
Wanderlei
Kongo
Joey Beltran
Sakara FRANK MIR
Bobby Lashley

Subs:
James Thompson
Melvin
Sakara

16 man GP. hire me scott coker

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm behind on podcasts -

I'm assuming Chael has already loudly declared that he would double kneebar Mir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

how tf do you make up an open weight grand prix and make Melvin Manhoef a freaking alternate