Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
April did my most recent tattoo and she's really sweet in person and I'm really happy with what I got from her. I have fibromyalgia and she was really cool about getting me through the pain. The Dane you see giving the sound bytes seems pretty true to what I know of him from seeing him buzz around the shop.

Their alliance makes me cringe a little though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Said he had a medical emergency :confused:

Maybe he choked on a toothpick...

Beller
Apr 9, 2009
respect to the dude not ashamed of displaying his Hank Hill butt on television.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I loved when Nunez said I've tattoo'd a lot of asses. No matter how saggy it is you curl them up and make them tight. Sage advice.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
How have Allegory never tattooed a saggy butt before now?

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
I didn't like Black Cobra's girls' face at all, I'd much rather wear the slightly jacked leg cowgirl than the cop.

Also I love my rear end tattoo so much more now, sorry & many thanks to the artist who rocked it on my saggy butt.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Been a long time since they had a guest judge.

Golden Skull Tattoo. If he doesn't make the finale again, that'd be pretty embarrassing.

Oliver had a heart attack? drat.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 16, 2017

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Allegory Arts' tattoos both look like that kid got hit with a hot shovel.

Was Peck kidding about the heart attack? Good god.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

bitchymcjones posted:

Allegory Arts' tattoos both look like that kid got hit with a hot shovel.

Was Peck kidding about the heart attack? Good god.

No he wasn't kidding. And holy poo poo that nose on Allegory's, jesus. They should have gone home.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I'm so tired of watching Allegory Arts bickering all the time. I'm ready for them to go for that more than their weak tattoos.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bee posted:

Maybe he choked on a toothpick...

Not this time, but it's probably how he'd want to go out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf2R6eNVzHY

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I'll give Ink Master Angels a chance, but I get the feeling I'm not going to like it.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I'm still proud of what Artistic Skin did in this competition.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
I'd say I disagree with the judges on this show more than any other reality TV but they really blew it with that first pick of the four horsemen teams. The losing teams' tattoos were metal! The others looked like Hagar the Horrible four horsemen. And I think the judges blew it in the final one as well but they can't send Cleen home yet(ever?).

And many props to Christian calling the twist, a rare actual display of strategy among the garbage alliance drama, I thought at least one other team would follow his lead.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

OmegaBR posted:

I'll give Ink Master Angels a chance, but I get the feeling I'm not going to like it.

When the commercial said you had to out-tattoo one of the four to get on the show I thought "oh, well there's a 50-50 shot then"

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Man, they do this at least once a season. It's all about the tattoo of the day, until that time teams are dwindled down and they pick out the one that won't go much further. Not that they're wrong about Allegory, but if you go on performance of the day, I think Bubba & DJ should have gone.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Who do you think is going to win at this point? I think top 3 is Golden Skull, Basilica and Black Cobra. This season it really feels like Cleen and Matt can do no wrong so far but Aaron is going to drag Cleen down.

Also Katie really seems pissed about skipping the flash challenges for someone who basically does jack poo poo during them.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Chris Blinston from season 6 got arrested!

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/02/ink-masters-star-chris-blinston-arrested-child-abuse-strangulation/

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

The only shocking part about that is he doesn't appear to be wearing overalls in the mugshot.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

quote:

"Ink Masters" star Chris Blinston allegedly used both hands to choke his 13-year-old daughter so hard he squeezed off her airway ... leaving her terrified and gasping for air.

Oh my god that's horrible. :(

Well unless he was muttering "Why you little-" while he did it in which case it's hilarious. :haw:

He even looks like Homer Simpson.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

$6,000 bond seems low if he really choked a child.

They really hit them with a lot of stuff this week. I think that dagger looked worse, but overall, that first snake & lion piece wasn't great.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a good episode. Seemed to have changed up the format which was very welcomed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Peck's impersonation of a rubber chicken squawk was hilarious :haw:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I really like the episodes where the clientshuman canvases pick the artists. I wish that were the default format for the show.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
The canvas' choice theme this episode was pretty good. I can see how it could get old (especially with people like that "my shop did a back piece in 4.5 hours" guy) but I hope they do it more.

I really, really didn't want to see Empire State go, though I understand why.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I agree bullshit, unkindness has been garbage for most of the competition.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

It's the big question that comes up every single year: at what point is it about report cards, if ever? They've sent people home on poor report cards and they've sent people home on poor tattoos that day. They've never been consistent with it.

That being said, I thought for sure they would keep Cleen. Although I hate to admit it, those hands are the biggest flaw that stands out among the set, even with the wonky anatomy on Black Cobra's. It's not a little flaw either, as Oliver pointed out, so they're pretty justified in being sent home. Nunez was trying real hard to keep them, that's for sure, but they did it to themselves.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

In Cleen and Aaron's defense there's a bunch of statues with the thumbs facing that way. They actually met the challenge and drew a deity instead of a mask with some flags and it looked like what it was supposed to be, instead of sun goddess in what looked like moonlight.

I could be a little biased because of how much I hate Katie. She talks like she's gargling asphalt and she and Matt are seriously butthurt about everything that doesn't go their way.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Black Cobra definitely made a smart move by not telling Golden Skull that they drew the hands backwards but on the other hand the canvas who got that tattoo would be totally justified in being pissed off that they didn't say anything when they could have. Now they're stuck with wonky hands Buddha for life.

bitchymcjones posted:

In Cleen and Aaron's defense there's a bunch of statues with the thumbs facing that way.
Yeah but given that they've probably been drawing hands on a daily basis for a decade now they really should know how they look. Professional artists shouldn't be loving up basic human anatomy that badly.

Also when Peck waxes his moustache tips so they curve in it always makes him look like a tamarin monkey. :v:

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I thought the crappy clouds and windbar were the worst part of the Buddha tattoo. Clean always annoyed me so I'm fine with him getting sent home again.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
This is the thing that annoys me about this show. Someone has a lovely tattoo with backwards hands now because Katie and Matt wanted a competitive edge and the show's format rewards that. To me, an "ink master" wouldn't sit back and laugh while someone gets a bad tattoo, they should have the integrity and professionalism to say "hey, this design needs to be fixed before you start putting in the line work".

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Exactly! That tattoo is permanent.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I like Cleen personally but he should just win so they quit bringing him back every season. Christian on the other hand needs to leave.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
I never thought I'd be bummed to see Cleen go, but here I am. Nunez looked like he was going to cry.

Holy poo poo at Doom trying to throw Erin under the bus. :stare:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Unkindness would be extremely lucky to make the finale, much less win the competition. I see it as Black Cobra placing third, and then a toss up between Basilica and Old Town. Consider that Old Town was the first returning shop and has survived since week 2, and they've had ups and downs, but proven their merit. If not Cleen, I'd think Christian is the favorite to win, but Old Town's definitely got a strong shot.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Dooms hot rod was such a plain piece, I don't know what he was thinking. DJ and Bubba really earned it. Their work was way better than Unkindness.

I can only hope Christian "gets robbed" at the finale again, what a douche that guy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The hot rod was like a child's color book. It had nothing to it. Sort of feel bad for Erin because she had to carry Doom Kitten. Amazed that got to the final four.

I'm happy with the final three teams. I'll root for Old Town Ink.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
Good past few episodes. All action. Really goes to show they tattoo a lot better when there is a real reward(safety, finale appearance) rather than the attaboy "tattoo of the day". If they'd just throw in a grand or two for elimination tattoos every week I think there would be more swings for the fences. ANYWAY.

The producers hosed up allowing two teams in and Black Cobra should've won the finale appearance alone. Then we would've seen some real sparks fly. I mean look at DJ and Christian bicker prior to judging and Christian is already in the finale. Missed opportunity.

I like Matt. I find his eye rolls, squints and exhaustive sighs to most match my feelings when it comes to the judges' comments.

Digital Jedi posted:

The hot rod was like a child's color book. It had nothing to it. Sort of feel bad for Erin because she had to carry Doom Kitten. Amazed that got to the final four.

Holy poo poo it was plain. I feel bad for Erin as well for she is good peoples while Doom needs to practice drawing and get therapy.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Christian coming through with the spoilers on Twitter. It was only a few minutes before it was announced, but still.

I hope Old Town wins. DJ and Bubba have really earned it. DJ is definitely the better artist of the two but Bubba is working so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I've never watched this show prior to this season but I recorded the old season reruns along with this season and binge watched everything over a few weeks. I like to pause and look over the tat myself before judging begins to see what I catch and what I don't. Chris Nunez is sometimes so on point and catches little details that I would have missed; and sometimes he goes off on some crazy rant that doesn't make any sense at all. He also seems to not give any fucks about the actual challenge or being consistent. It's as if the show editors mixed up his comments with the wrong tattoo. Or maybe he's literally insane. I don't know. Oliver Peck is more consistent but only has about 3 adjectives in his vocabulary. Those lines are jacked. Those hands are jacked. That leg is jacked. He's not wrong, but drat dude get a thesaurus.