Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Speaking from some personal experience getting stabbed loving sucks, and is painful as hell, but unless you stab a person a whole lot or manage to get a good cut in on an artery they will probably survive, especially if they get medical attention relatively quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What do you call two crows on a branch?

Attempted murder :downs:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hemingway To Go! posted:

he's way too skinny to be a magic player
There's a real bimodal distribution. Either 100 pounds or 400.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Speaking from some personal experience getting stabbed loving sucks, and is painful as hell, but unless you stab a person a whole lot or manage to get a good cut in on an artery they will probably survive, especially if they get medical attention relatively quickly.

sup fellow stabbiee

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
There's the old joke that the way you tell the difference between the winner and loser of a knife fight is that the loser dies in the street and the winner dies in the hospital

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sneakyfrog posted:

sup fellow stabbiee

How'd you guys get stabbied?

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Can attest. My brothers friend was stabbed over 50 times by her ex fiance and she lived. He managed to miss the major arteries but he did get her straight to the heart and lungs, and quite a few times in her head. It was horrific. She is alive and recovered. Functionally, she has nerve damage issues but otherwise okay.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Burt Sexual posted:

Hadnt learned the "sticking your weener in crazy" rule :smithfrog:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sneakyfrog posted:

It sounds like you metaled in that event.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sneakyfrog posted:

That's the weirdest interpretation of pegging I've ever seen.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
When I was a little boy, another little boy stabbed me in the leg with a geometry compass because he didn't like the song I was singing. It was odd, because we were in 5th grade music class and the entire class was singing the same song. I don't think he was even suspended.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's the weirdest interpretation of pegging I've ever seen.

well you could say i did get hosed pretty well

Subjunctive posted:

It sounds like you metaled in that event.

:hfive:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Disgusting Coward posted:

I know a dude who had a miniscule, tiny part in an am-dram version of Rent (he was the policeman who says "Right") and he ended up getting a tattoo of "Lover, I'll Cover You" on his forearms and let a dog gently caress him and eventually had to get hospital treatment because he'd gotten fisted too bad.

Rent: Not even once.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

Hooooly poo poo, same! Did we date the same girl? Do you know Alicia?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That got an audible laugh from me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hooooly poo poo, same! Did we date the same girl? Do you know Alicia?

no... it was Wendy

at least in like poo poo... 99 or so?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

no... it was Wendy

at least in like poo poo... 99 or so?

Ah, mine was Alicia in '09. Pretty sure in '99 She would have been like...10? So probably not the same.

Unless...:pedo:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ah, mine was Alicia in '09. Pretty sure in '99 She would have been like...10? So probably not the same.

that's pretty hardcore for a 10 year old.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's some lame rear end black widows you have there. She mates and she injures.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Unless...:pedo:

uh thats a negative on the weird aatrek poo poo over, she was like 23ish

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

Not very well, given that they're still posting.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trig Discipline posted:

Not very well, given that they're still posting.

This is a dead gay forum. Ghosts are welcome to post.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dear Prudence posted:

Can attest. My brothers friend was stabbed over 50 times by her ex fiance and she lived. He managed to miss the major arteries but he did get her straight to the heart and lungs, and quite a few times in her head. It was horrific. She is alive and recovered. Functionally, she has nerve damage issues but otherwise okay.

drat, my buddy must have defied all odds by killing the dude he stabbed because he only got him once and dude died.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's about quality not quantity

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
re: people getting stabbed repeatedly and not dying, stabbing or shooting someone isn't like in the movies where they just drop like a sack of bricks as soon as you break skin. Humans are actually surprisingly resilient and hard to kill! Unless you get lucky and manage to sever an important artery, but stabbers tend to go for center mass, which has less of those.

Scaramouche posted:

It's about quality not quantity

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Gorilla Salad would be an excellent username.

Maybe I'm super dense and :thejoke: , but....

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

om nom nom posted:

You missed the bit in the middle

Shugojin posted:

A level beyond mansplaining

I call it

Gorilla Salad

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Malachite_Dragon posted:

re: people getting stabbed repeatedly and not dying, stabbing or shooting someone isn't like in the movies where they just drop like a sack of bricks as soon as you break skin. Humans are actually surprisingly resilient and hard to kill! Unless you get lucky and manage to sever an important artery, but stabbers tend to go for center mass, which has less of those.

Would slashing rather than stabbing be better or worse for killing people? Asking for a friend.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Would slashing rather than stabbing be better or worse for killing people? Asking for a friend.

Worse. A slash will likely only hit fatty tissue on the surface of the body. Gladiators used to cultivate superficial fat on their bodies so that they would have a good place for nonlethal "show" wounds for this exact reason.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes, I am invincible!

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

You missed the bit in the middle

I mean I saw that, but Gorilla Salad is the username of the poster that quoted instant jellyfish.

So either some solid irony that you also missed a username in a post about missing a username, or it's a very clever joke. I assumed it was the former.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Aug 16, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Stabbing is worse. Stabbing and twisting is next level better. A gun that shoots twisting knives though.....that's the ultimate.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

om nom nom posted:

I mean I saw that, but Gorilla Salad is the username of the poster that quoted instant jellyfish.

Nice mansplaining.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stabbing is worse. Stabbing and twisting is next level better. A gun that shoots twisting knives though.....that's the ultimate.

no clue if they twist, but it's probably safe to assume a rifled barrel

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

om nom nom posted:

So either some solid irony that you also missed a username in a post about missing a username, or it's a very clever joke. I assumed it was the former.

You're kind of dense, and that's sad. :C

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There was also a guy that recently stabbed his opponent in a MtG tournament. Didn't kill him, but he stabbed the poor dude like seven times so it evidently wasn't for lack of trying.

Forums poster Samej told a story in the old TG Bad Gaming Experiences threads about a guy at a 40k tournament emptying a revolver at the referee.

But no one was hurt in that one, so maybe knives are worse.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You're kind of dense, and that's sad. :C

om nom nom posted:

Hey at least I admit it :downs:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

no clue if they twist, but it's probably safe to assume a rifled barrel

You know what gets me about this? It's not the gun shooting knives, it's not the bullets with fold-out blades, its the fact that it'd be downright inaccurate. To be moving that fast, the spring-release mechanism would surely gently caress up the knife-bullet's trajectory well beyond being useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know what gets me about this? It's not the gun shooting knives, it's not the bullets with fold-out blades, its the fact that it'd be downright inaccurate. To be moving that fast, the spring-release mechanism would surely gently caress up the knife-bullet's trajectory well beyond being useful.

Really? What stood out to me is the terribly flat coloring job on what is presumably a professionally produced comic. It looks like a collage webcomic we'd laugh about in that other thread.