Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It even has the "bunch of half-life 2 props" background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Marvel's art has been somehow going really downhill since the 90s.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think you will find that it's actually a knife shooting gun.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stabbing is worse. Stabbing and twisting is next level better. A gun that shoots twisting knives though.....that's the ultimate.
What about a gun that fires swords? Swords that explode and break into smaller swords! That also explode!

A swordsplosion if you like.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
When did the humble shotgun stopped being enough for the audience? :sigh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

I think you will find that it's actually a knife shooting gun.

actually that's punisher shooting gun

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
It looked like a drawing to me :shrug:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jabor posted:

It even has the "bunch of half-life 2 props" background.
Didn’t even rotate the barrels enough to make it less obvious they have the same pattern of dirt on them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

What about a gun that fires swords? Swords that explode and break into smaller swords! That also explode!

Let's be realistic here. Now a tomahawk launching catapult on the otherhand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYMUU6jvQ2k

edit:

sam dude weaponizing Christmas Trees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTK20XEpqM

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Lol that's from borderlands 2, from the name swordsplosion to the fact that it shoots swords that explodes into smaller swords that explode.

here's a video from 4 years ago

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's be realistic here. Now a tomahawk launching catapult on the otherhand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYMUU6jvQ2k

edit:

sam dude weaponizing Christmas Trees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTK20XEpqM

JoergSprave is a madman, and I love him.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

FMguru posted:

THIS MAN MAY NEVER ESCAPE HIS WATERY GRAVE

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sea Patrol is really cracking down

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Randbrick posted:

I am a great fan of the Socratic method as a tool to jerk around and juke people down a dialectic.

But you are an idiot. I can't tell where you want to go with your elliptical nonsense. I can't tell what your angle is because you are sufficiently stupid that I can't disregard the prospect you've concocted some asinine rhetorical gambit so dumb I could never predict it.

It's like watching a man ask really coyly whether it would hurt his head if he bashed it on the wall. I don't know if the idea there is that you mean to threaten my head or threaten your head or if you're so dumb you don't know.

But I do not care. Because whatever you are is stupid. I can't identify the particular variant or strain of your stupid without learning stupid things about a stupid person, something I only do these days for money or if I have to because the stupid on question has force and consequence behind it.

You do not. You are a pinata that smells like feces. I don't know where you came from, but you are a pinata that smells like feces, and I have no real interest in learning the back story.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
for some reason it is really easy to imagine a fat scraggly-haired dude with a high pitched voice reading that very angrily

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

God drat I do not miss gbs 1.0 "I wrote a huge mountain of words so surely I won" style burns

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol its probs cause your stupid

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

For twelve posts, you have been asking: is Randbrick mad? This is Randbrick speaking. I am the man who is not mad. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing—you who dread knowledge—I am the man who will now tell you.”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The last paragraph is quite good at least

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

I assumed this post was a "legendary burn" from 2004 or w/e but no... it was posted today :eyepop:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Karate Bastard posted:

Lol its probs cause your stupid

gently caress, owned again!!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

purple death ray posted:

God drat I do not miss gbs 1.0 "I wrote a huge mountain of words so surely I won" style burns

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's weird because randbrick is normally funnier than the last six pages combined

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's something a twelve year old posts on TV tropes about how he totally made this jock cry and the whole class applauded and a cheerleader blew him right there

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

it's weird because randbrick is normally funnier than the last six pages combined

I was thrown off by this as well and thought someone just misquoted him or something. maybe he's melting down like everyone on GBS in the trump threads right now

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am in favor of the revival of the long-form post. I think it's time. The big problem is everyone chasing a style. They used to all chase the Noni-style giant Dave Barry column post. Now they chase the no-punctuation FYAD-lite one-liner. I hope we get lots of posters posting different ways, instead of a school of fish swimming from trend to trend.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
There was nothing wrong with that post you holier-than-thou babies

Clicking through and reading the conversation leading up to that point, it seems to be a justified and genuine expression of frustration at some profound stupidity

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Aug 16, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Wrong. It's because I post on a phone and you're out of your mind if I'm gonna write some huge diatribe in lieu of calling someone a colossal fag

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oldie but a goodie:

Bates posted:

Isn't it basically what Steve Jobs did? Not crystals specifically but some kind of bonkum instead of actual medical treatment. It was weird because he had his genome sequenced which is all sci fi technotopia but then for a while he still preferred juice fasts over surgery.

Nintendo Kid posted:

He ate a special diet instead of getting minimally invasive surgery to remove the cancerous area.

wayfinder posted:

Just not open to the idea of removing or replacing parts I guess.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wrong. It's because I post on a phone and you're out of your mind if I'm gonna write some huge diatribe in lieu of calling someone a colossal fag

With you until the last two words. Fag, like retard, are lost completely to the insultee with a conscience, and the world is poorer for it.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Jinh posted:

Oldie but a goodie:

Holy poo poo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am in favor of the revival of the long-form post. I think it's time. The big problem is everyone chasing a style. They used to all chase the Noni-style giant Dave Barry column post. Now they chase the no-punctuation FYAD-lite one-liner. I hope we get lots of posters posting different ways, instead of a school of fish swimming from trend to trend.

*Effortpost*

"LOL. Look at this fag caring and trying."

*legions of GBS shitposters jizz their pants and crown their new king*

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I know I said fag but nothing else you just vomited out, terribly, makes any sense.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FactsAreUseless posted:

One of those styles is a lot more accessible to the mobile user than the other.

What I mean is I'm lazy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh no, you might have to flick your thumb a couple times to scroll past a longer quote

perhaps lowtax should instate a character limit for posts. 140 seems reasonable

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Oh no, you might have to flick your thumb a couple times to scroll past a longer quote

perhaps lowtax should instate a character limit for posts. 140 seems reasonable

Maybe we should go back to long posts so this idiot can learn to read. It's the difficulty of typing on a phone not the length of time of scrolling

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's a time and place for effort posting, if you have something interesting to tell people that's a little different than using several hundred words to call someone a dumbass

:angel:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
you can absolutely rip into a dumb person with a long form post but put some effort in to actually be entertaining instead of sounding like an angry nerd

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jinh posted:

Oldie but a goodie:

There's a chance this is actually closer to the truth than you'd expect. Cause, you know, if it were true then that's pretty much exactly how it would manifest. Latter day motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

When it comes to good, creative long-form burns, I don't think anyone is ever gonna top g0m's "a thread in which every day Abe gets owned really hard".

(the links point to "abe if you clicked this link i swear to god you just got owned twice as hard" on pastebin)

(the link led to an actual game just as he describes. He even made a mac port.)

edit: Abe is now demodded and g0m is writing for the front page, which should count towards the ownage total

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Aug 16, 2017