Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zetsubou-san posted:

where is blast corps on this list of yours?

it's pretty good but i've never really dived into it

gdq speedruns of it are badass though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always get Body Harvest and Blast Corps mixed up.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Who do I tweet to get a Skies of Arcadia remake made?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Zetsubou-san posted:

me, 2 minutes ago: "I don't think I have any games in my steam library that will make me go 'I own this?'"

me, now: "I own Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising?!"

update: i apparently own something called Planet Ancyra Chronicles which seems to be the most intriguing thing I never knew I had

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What if there was a generation of Pokemon that didn't have clearly defined versions? Imagine if all the games of that generation had the same label but the pokemon were at different encounter rates and there was no way to know which pokemon were rare or common on yours until you actually played?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

super sweet best pal posted:

What if there was a generation of Pokemon that didn't have clearly defined versions? Imagine if all the games of that generation had the same label but the pokemon were at different encounter rates and there was no way to know which pokemon were rare or common on yours until you actually played?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Zetsubou-san posted:

me, 2 minutes ago: "I don't think I have any games in my steam library that will make me go 'I own this?'"
I stopped even registering this effect as a thing because it happened so many times. Now I'm just living in a world where I'm browsing my Steam library as if it's my personal discovery queue.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zetsubou-san posted:

update: i apparently own something called Planet Ancyra Chronicles which seems to be the most intriguing thing I never knew I had
it's basically just Solarix and De-Void merged together into one game and so I assume it's bad like those games

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, I finished all Kiryu's substories in Yakuza 0 without really trying to hunt them down. Now to do the same with Majima and I can wrap this game up. Just in time for the remake.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Red Alert 3 is such a good game. I heard Uprising doesn't have co-op though and that's just such a shame since the co-op is what really made Red Alert 3 for me, even if it did break like...4 missions. Really badly broke them.

Like, not in a "this is unfinishable" way but in a "ok this mission can be more or less cheesed to hell and back" kind of way. Or "This mission was clearly not designed around having 2 people play it" kind of way.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

super sweet best pal posted:

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe I'll be playing a new Metroid game in a month! It would have to be pretty bad for me to be upset about it!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Elite Dangerous like if I don't want to play with other human beings

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Can't believe I'll be playing a new Metroid game in a month! It would have to be pretty bad for me to be upset about it!

I cant wait either. I hope its good!!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I beat hollow Knight yesterday, got the true ending and fought all the super bosses. That game would be a GOTY contender for me in a year where Trails in the Sky 3rd didn't come out. What an achievement for such a small team.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've kind of cooled on my hype for the Uncharted DLC. I'm sure it will be fine but it's not the kind of game I want to play right now. Absolver looks sorta neat and in the "maybe if I hope and wish hard enough it will be good" category there's the Life is Strange prequel.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Battlegrounds crossed the 7mil threshold, no idea it was that popular. it's essentially just a 100 player deathmatch so that's kind of nuts how it sold so much based on that idea.

I kind of want another studio to take the MMO battle royale idea and do something more interesting with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Between PUBG and MOBAs being the most popular games ever I think we can safely say that PC gamers just love being bored to death.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

Euro Truck Simulator in space.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FirstAidKite posted:

Red Alert 3 is such a good game.

I don't give a wooden nickel about Red Alert 3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

I've kind of cooled on my hype for the Uncharted DLC. I'm sure it will be fine but it's not the kind of game I want to play right now. Absolver looks sorta neat and in the "maybe if I hope and wish hard enough it will be good" category there's the Life is Strange prequel.

I never thought I would utter this sentence, but: without Ashly Burch that project is dead to me

FirstAidKite posted:

Red Alert 3 is such a good game. I heard Uprising doesn't have co-op though and that's just such a shame since the co-op is what really made Red Alert 3 for me, even if it did break like...4 missions. Really badly broke them.

Like, not in a "this is unfinishable" way but in a "ok this mission can be more or less cheesed to hell and back" kind of way. Or "This mission was clearly not designed around having 2 people play it" kind of way.

Co-Op RTS is so rad. It was a shame that Starcraft 2 only had it for mini-campaigns and not the main story

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

In Training posted:

Between PUBG and MOBAs being the most popular games ever I think we can safely say that PC gamers just love being bored to death.

Those games are only as popular as they are because they can run on 10-year old potato systems. True PC gamers spend thousands of $$$ to render Geralt's flowing grey mane in true 4k resolution.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I never thought I would utter this sentence, but: without Ashly Burch that project is dead to me

Yeah this, Ashly Burch IS Chloe and not having her there is like Kain without Simon Templeman.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

vermin posted:

I don't give a wooden nickel about Red Alert 3

That's okay.

Why's that though? Just not a fan of RTS games or what?

Red Alert 3 is so much fun. The only other complaints I have off the top of my head are that there are a couple of units that you only get for one mission and can never play with again, like the tesla tanks, and also that jenny mccarthy is in the game tainting an otherwise fun cast of people

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

exquisite tea posted:

Those games are only as popular as they are because they can run on 10-year old potato systems. True PC gamers spend thousands of $$$ to render Geralt's flowing grey mane in true 4k resolution.

Yeah this, Ashly Burch IS Chloe and not having her there is like Kain without Simon Templeman.

pubg absolutely cannot run on old systems

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PUBG is good

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Hell pubg runs like a poo poo even on good systems

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Everyone on my friends list plays it. I don't like shootmans =/

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Red Alert 3 is one of the few RTS games of that era where the movement and micro feels right but it's also a game of braindead hard counters which really limits it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

oddium posted:

pubg absolutely cannot run on old systems

What it looks like a game made in 2008 how is that even a thing?!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

What it looks like a game made in 2008 how is that even a thing?!

It's an unreal engine 4 game

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

On the other hand it gave us this line reading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

when you die in PUBG do you just wait until the other 99 people are done

that's almost as bad as a MOBA where you know you hosed up in the first 10 min, somebody says "gg" and yet you have to play out the next 45 min anyway

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

when you die in PUBG do you just wait until the other 99 people are done

that's almost as bad as a MOBA where you know you hosed up in the first 10 min, somebody says "gg" and yet you have to play out the next 45 min anyway

when you die you can immediately re-queue

e: unless it's a team match, then your whole team has to die

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

WHAT

THE

gently caress

DID

I

JUST

WATCH

a bad show

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Bad, but in a highly entertaining way

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some might call that good

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FirstAidKite posted:

That's okay.

Why's that though? Just not a fan of RTS games or what?

Red Alert 3 is so much fun.

It's cause I'm a huge fan of Red Alert 2. Like, one of my favorite games. A lot of the complaints I have is pointless nitpicking about the aesthetics and story really. Since it's a sequel to one of my favorites I can't help but judge it by comparison. I memorized all the nuances of unit combinations of RA2 and YR but I haven't played RA3 enough to tell you whether the gameplay or unit choices are balanced or not. No matter what I do, I can't look at it fairly.

Getting rid of Einstein from the timeline, but keeping every bit of technology he created with the exception of nukes (actually jumping forward technologically everywhere else) makes no sense. Erasing all the events from the previous games feels kind of insulting so it rubs me wrong from the get-go; same reason I have reservations about Diablo 3. There's no explanation for Japan's super-tech so it feels kind of forced. The story hits a lot of the same beats. I don't really feel invested in the FutureTech side of things and that's a big part of Uprising.

Let's be honest here, RA2 and Yuri's Revenge were silly. You commanding laser commies on the moon and literally pulling down the pants of the murderous dictator. But I think RA3 could've benefited from grounding itself a little instead of ramping up the silliness to even more cartoonish levels. I don't want it to be grey-brown grimdark or anything, but I'd like my actions to feel like they have teeth.

Anyway, since I view it through puke-colored glasses all I see are missed opportunities. And complaining about a game not being my game that I didn't make is just me pissing in the wind.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

I dont know if this is a troll post but I unironically agree.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

it's a lot of watching your ship jump through space to drop off space turds for cash bonuses, or watching your ship jump through space to show up in a spot in space to have fun blowing up spaceships

i had a lot of fun with it but it's a game that practically demands you have a second monitor to watch tv or something on because the amount of downtime you get from traveling to place to place is excessive

it also has some major problems with the fact that it has a whole bunch of possibilities as far as how you can make cash (the main goal of the game), but once you've done each of those possibilities a single time you have seen the entirety of what they have to offer, and it's just a matter of repeating the same thing ad infinitum for the rest of your human life.

that said this is all based on where the game was at over a year ago so maybe they've overhauled a bunch of it. i reinstalled it myself like a week ago because all the buzz around no man's sky made me want to give it another spin but i haven't gotten around to it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
PUBG doesn't seem like my type of thing but it's weird to pretend to not see the appeal.

• Locked thread