Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've always found genesis sonic real easy to control so idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Bloop posted:

You're going to end up hating it.
There's no way he'll actually admit to it. He's in way too deep now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Please do yourself a favor and buy someone's extra Stardew Humble Bundle key for $5 and play it on PC instead of waiting months and months to pay $30 and play the game at a fixed resolution with a controller.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

Please do yourself a favor and buy someone's extra Stardew Humble Bundle key for $5 and play it on PC instead of waiting months and months to pay $30 and play the game at a fixed resolution with a controller.

Nah. I'll wait to play it on Switch. God's perfect gaming platform.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Motto posted:

Yeah, same. I played the hell out of the Genesis Sonics. I collected all the Emeralds on every save file on my cart, both for vanilla Sonic 3 and S3&K.

Mania is extremely my jam! It's like I'm a kid again playing Sonic.

As in boy howdy am I terrible at it when I don't have the game memorized! :v: It's super fun though. I feel motivated to practice and get better. No way in hell am I getting all the Emeralds on my first run though. I'm at Oil Ocean with only two of the darn things to my name.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Motto posted:

I grew up with it but I can absolutely see why it'd piss people off if they're used to mario-style precision platforming. Sonic is basically "run, roll, miss everything" or "incrementally inch your way through levels, curse when a hidden spring throws you past the thing you want to get/see the thing at the top of a ramp but you can't get enough momentum to get back up there and now you can't backtrack for it" on any first playthrough.

Which is basically why knuckles and tails exist, now that I think about it, but who plays the non-title characters first?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Infinitum posted:

They've increased production like twice now and still can't keep up with demand.

:psyboom:

Yet people in the comments there are still positive there are "Artificial Scarcity" shenanigans going on.

Especially since the article is talking about Japan, a place where things like amiibo have pretty much never been "Low-in stock gotta get em NOW!" in the same way they've been in the states.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Which is basically why knuckles and tails exist, now that I think about it, but who plays the non-title characters first?

I mean, I don't think the games ever expected you to find all the hidden poo poo on your first playthrough anyways

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bill Barber posted:

Seriously do this as insurance. This is not a monumental game. It received high praise from two camps: those whose favorite game ever made is the Harvest Moon franchise, and those who are impressed at what one person could create. It isn't a bad game, and I don't want to go as far as calling it overrated... it's an above-average indie game, I guess.

If you've played a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game (and hell, even Fantasy Life) and wasn't really feeling it, then you may not like Stardew Valley much. On the flip side, if you love those games, get Stardew Valley for $5 on PC and then get the Switch version later if you really want it.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

enojy posted:

Seriously do this as insurance. This is not a monumental game. It received high praise from two camps: those whose favorite game ever made is the Harvest Moon franchise, and those who are impressed at what one person could create. It isn't a bad game, and I don't want to go as far as calling it overrated... it's an above-average indie game, I guess.

If you've played a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game (and hell, even Fantasy Life) and wasn't really feeling it, then you may not like Stardew Valley much. On the flip side, if you love those games, get Stardew Valley for $5 on PC and then get the Switch version later if you really want it.

But Stardew is infinitely better than any Harvest Moon since the SNES one, so.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

People want Stardew on the Switch because it's just a nice easy chill-out game for sitting on the toilet or in bed with the Switch in handheld mode.

It is, you could say, perfect for the Switch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Frankston posted:

People want Stardew on the Switch because it's just a nice easy chill-out game for sitting on the toilet or in bed with the Switch in handheld mode.

This, this, this. Switch is my “watching real house wives with the lady” system.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Maybe you could try actually engaging with her interests instead of being a half assed partner tho

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

GoldfishStew posted:

Maybe you could try actually engaging with her interests instead of being a half assed partner tho

This is such a mind-blowingly weird avi/post combo, I almost can't process it. Not sure I want to.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I liked Story of Seasons and Stardew looks fun but I don't like the art style of either game. Everything feels too "tall"? Like too vertically stretched.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

GoldfishStew posted:

she playing on her phone anyway

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Coldforge posted:

This is such a mind-blowingly weird avi/post combo, I almost can't process it. Not sure I want to.

Rap Thread has been trying to cope for months now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good topic for the Nintendo Switch thread.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Thoughts on Kamiko and Thumper?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Frankston posted:

Yeah I've put over 100 hours into Stardew Valley on PC and I still want a switch version for just playing in bed when I need to chill out a bit.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

^burtle posted:

Rap Thread has been trying to cope for months now.

Lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
[quote="“GoldfishStew”" post="“475448005”"]
[/quote]

:thinking_face_yellow:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

Stardew looks fun but I don't like the art style ... Everything feels too "tall"? Like too vertically stretched.

Yeah. It's ugly.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Stardew Switch is also missing one of the most important parts, MODS like the one which allow you to marry the homeless man.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does it have a nude code?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bill Barber posted:

Stardew Switch is also missing one of the most important parts, MODS like the one which allow you to marry the homeless man.

At least that dude is super cool and nice. I wanna know if a mod lets you marry the jaded old dude in the wheelchair

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Will a mod let me marry my Switch?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Will a mod let me marry my Switch?

Will my Switch let me mod in a Switch to marry?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Can't even buy a switch on Amazon Friday it'll have been a month

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

GameStop has bundles all the time. Just buy one and return all the poo poo you don't want.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

But Stardew is infinitely better than any Harvest Moon since the Friends of Mineral Town for GBA one, so.

Fixed.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

Fun Times! posted:

Kamiko is cute and fun for $5 and each character has a different attack style so there's some replayability but not much. I've been wanting to try thumper since I first saw the trailer but I'm afraid I'll suck at it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

Have you heard of these places called stores?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

GameStop has bundles all the time. Just buy one and return all the poo poo you don't want.

Most of the bundles too are mostly things you'd probably want anyway, only extraneous thing is maybe an extra adapter or a lovely $20 game or something. Bundle I got was Zelda, season pass, and a travel ac adapter which I'll get use of anytime I'm at a friend's house or visiting family on holidays.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

Have you heard of these places called stores?

Uhhh he’s too busy having insanely meaningful experiences with his loved ones.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Accepted.

As long as we agree that the PS2 one was trash and the GC one should've been better.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wish the Switch was more popular in Australia, it's kind of feeling like the WiiU in stores at the moment. At least it's still a fantastic console.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Accepted.

As long as we agree that the PS2 one was trash and the GC one should've been better.

I think there were two for the Cube, and yeah, the first one should've been better for sure.

It was actually rereleased on the PS4 this year.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fun Times! posted:

I wish I played Thumper more but drat splatoon is addicting. Plus I feel like I need to be very focused to do ok at it, it's pretty hard and wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Kingdom Battle thread should be up tonight. If I can determine the proper level of XCOM jokes for the OP, that is.

• Locked thread