Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Kalko posted:

I'm starting to feel like less of a big man now that I'm a bit higher in rank (19) and most of my opponents are packing netdecks just like mine, but I'm still doing well with Dashgaard. SK QG feels like the hardest matchup but luckily it doesn't seem that popular. I'm seeing mostly NR (several different flavors), consume, and a few dwarf decks.

Interesting, which Dashgaard variant are you running? Bran's my best matchup by far with the Borkh-Scorch-Myr-Ocvist deck. QG games tend to be a bit closer, but I still win seven out of ten. Token monsters tend to be the hardest common matchups for me with that deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

It's this one which you posted a couple of pages ago. Maybe my sample size is just too small but I haven't beaten a QG deck yet, while I don't think I've lost to ships/axemen at all and I've definitely seen more of them.

Also I just checked and I'm actually only rank 18 at the moment. I wonder if packs kept now can have new cards in them when opened later; that sort of thing seems to vary by game. Anyone seen any dev comment about that?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Arg I'm like 4144 (was 4166 but whent 2-1 this morning) Guess I'll have to actually hit ranked back up again and try to break that barrier! Hope its worth it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Kalko posted:

It's this one which you posted a couple of pages ago. Maybe my sample size is just too small but I haven't beaten a QG deck yet, while I don't think I've lost to ships/axemen at all and I've definitely seen more of them.

Also I just checked and I'm actually only rank 18 at the moment. I wonder if packs kept now can have new cards in them when opened later; that sort of thing seems to vary by game. Anyone seen any dev comment about that?

im not sure. i've been saving up ore instead to be safe, currently at 4000. I hope new cards come soon

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

General Morden posted:

add through the GoG client

There's no Vs Friends option ingame?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Seedge posted:

There's no Vs Friends option ingame?

Yes there is? It's even called "friend match".

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Kalko posted:

Don't let the match go to 3 rounds, QG has nasty single card power. You could consider running a single VV Medic to steal one of their QGs, just don't do this so early that they have time to change strats. It can be devastating to steal one after it has been buffed a couple times.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

Don't let the match go to 3 rounds, QG has nasty single card power. You could consider running a single VV Medic to steal one of their QGs, just don't do this so early that they have time to change strats. It can be devastating to steal one after it has been buffed a couple times.

necromancy and eithne

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

New Skellige card.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/9324191-new-card-clan-an-craite-greatsword

(It's a self-wounding version of the redanian knight, but with strengthen)

Also new social features and UI stuff coming up for the next patch, but for the PC version. Console plebs will have to wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFGI-Hsj8E

Video also shows Geralt at 11, and Shackles now dealing 3 damage if you lock an enemy.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Electronico6 posted:

New Skellige card.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/9324191-new-card-clan-an-craite-greatsword

(It's a self-wounding version of the redanian knight, but with strengthen)

Also new social features and UI stuff coming up for the next patch, but for the PC version. Console plebs will have to wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFGI-Hsj8E

Video also shows Geralt at 11, and Shackles now dealing 3 damage if you lock an enemy.

Probably a solid win condition for wounding archetype if they aren't regressing.

Not sure how I feel about 3 damage shackles, it really ought to be a risk to play a tech card, at three it might end up being flexible enough to get put in every drat deck.

What I want to see are the harpy and foglet changes, monsters is so stupid right now.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Estraysian posted:

Yes there is? It's even called "friend match".

Is this PC only? This isn't there on PS4.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Seedge posted:

Is this PC only? This isn't there on PS4.

Oh yeah probably, I don't think most of the social features are implemented yet on console.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Kalko posted:

Could tech in Letho for Queensguards, I guess, but it'd cost you reliability against all the other deck types. Still, it would let you dispatch the Queensguards, and more importantly it would absolutely ensure that you never play against a Queensguard deck again... :v:

Kegs don't pop cards until they're opened, so you can save back kegs now and get the new cards from 'em after the patch. Or just save your ore; the price of kegs is very unlikely to change at any point, I'd say, and it avoids the temptation to go opening 'em early.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Aesire can also shut down Queens guards if you can fit her into your deck. Just be sure to play her after they've used their targeted discard. Vicovaros are less of a card commitment and also work quite well.

If you're running Letho in combo with fring, scorch or d bomb, using him to nuke the qgs is a really solid play, but I wouldn't use a gold slot just for anti qg tech.

I have gotten incredible utility and some game winning plays out of Letho, but his value dropped a lot when weather got nerfed and I'd only run him as part of a combo. A seven-point gold is significantly below curve and, if you use him as removal, he'll kill your tempo unless you have a good bomb to follow up. If they haven't buffed the qgs, lethoing them may not even be worth it.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I've played enough QG myself to know how annoying Vicovaro can be so if I tech anything it'll probably be that, but I don't really see a lot of QG so I'm not sure. I do like the suggestion to try to end the game in R2, that's something I should consider more often with this deck when the board state allows for it.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
Why the gently caress did they do that to Shackles? It was a powerful and unique effect, strong enough to see play but far from oppressive, and even top players can't agree on how good it is. Which part of that requires a change? Why did the buff need to be so huge? I don't understand.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

King Pawn posted:

Why the gently caress did they do that to Shackles? It was a powerful and unique effect, strong enough to see play but far from oppressive, and even top players can't agree on how good it is. Which part of that requires a change? Why did the buff need to be so huge? I don't understand.

More players are using shackles on their own golds than on the opponent's. It's a very low tempo play, and even the more control heavy decks prefer to run straight removal or resets than a shackle effect with no body.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
What is the change they've made to Shackles? Haven't really been paying much attention to the leaks and such.

I really wouldn't want to see it buffed to the point where it's a common include in every deck; that'd basically render every deck archetype that relies on an active gold or a large gold unit ineffective, so all you'll have left are the decks that can spam as much bronze strength as possible onto the board over the course of the game. If that happens, it really will be nothing but Dagons and Brans as far as the eye can see...

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

dennyk posted:

What is the change they've made to Shackles? Haven't really been paying much attention to the leaks and such.

I really wouldn't want to see it buffed to the point where it's a common include in every deck; that'd basically render every deck archetype that relies on an active gold or a large gold unit ineffective, so all you'll have left are the decks that can spam as much bronze strength as possible onto the board over the course of the game. If that happens, it really will be nothing but Dagons and Brans as far as the eye can see...

On the Social Features video you can see that Shackles now also deals 3 damage to the unit it demotes and/or locks. Change might not be final though.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Oh, well that wouldn't be so bad then. It'd make it about the same as Mardroeme as far as still providing a small amount of value even without an appropriate target, but still not enough of a buff to make it an auto-include or anything. Mardroeme certainly isn't, and there are more big value reset targets than valuable gold Shackles targets in the current meta.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think it's supposed to nerf self-locking as much as it buffs opponent-locking. And to kill Kambi truly for real this time.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

No Wave posted:

I think it's supposed to nerf self-locking as much as it buffs opponent-locking. And to kill Kambi truly for real this time.

It only damages enemies though.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Nah, the text specifies "if an enemy unit, deal 3 damage to it".

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

The 3 damage makes it a lot stronger for sure, but I don't think it will become auto-include or anything. Its still mostly just a tech card. I think the most interesting change is the addition of the alchemy tag, since it becomes a tutor target with the new gold vesemir card.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Yay hit 4201 mmr. I'm done with ranked now not worth trying for the 4250.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If i'm at 4203 mmr can i just stop playing until the end of the season or will it decay?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

CJ posted:

If i'm at 4203 mmr can i just stop playing until the end of the season or will it decay?

MMR doesn't decay as far as I know.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Having an Emyr deck with Avallach is like a form of biological defensive mimicry. Even if you aren't running a hyper thin deck yourself, your opponent still has a higher chance of instantly forfeiting.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

So switching to Dashgaard was the best thing that ever happened to me. I've gone up 500 points since I ditched my lovely mill deck last week and I'm having a blast. I just hit 4k and am on track to hit 20 with some cushion left over. I'll never speak I'll of net decking again.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I invented some new cards along the lines of a certain existing card.

ST

4 power dwarf, deploy: gain resilience, mulligan a card and move a friendly unit to a random row

NG

2 power disloyal, deploy: reveal an opponent's card, trigger the ability of a bronze spy and banish the top card of opponent's deck

NR

6 power, deploy: gain 5 armor, crewman 1, trio: put a reaver hunter on the bottom of your deck

SK

6 power, deploy: strengthen a unit by 3 then damage it by 1, then discard a bronze card from your deck. veteran 1.

All agile of course. I feel that these cards are all in keeping with the design goals of celaeno harpy and would be excellent* additions to the game.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Got to 4k, but not much luck trying to push above that. Seeing a surprising number of non-standard decks at this level, rather than the swarm of Dagons I was hoping for. The Dagons I was facing were generally able to play around me though. Commander's Horn is just an incredible value card when you're running a deck with no less than 4 different ways to drop a minimum of three tokens on the board. I might have to swap Yennefer in for Vernon Roche... She's a token destroyer while he has a more niche use case that is sometimes hard to squeeze full value from (and the blue stripes commandos often just gently caress up my Redanian Knights or provide additional value for the enemy's already-placed weather anyway).

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm still playing standard Dashgaard but it feels like its one weird trick (lining up with Myrg in R3) doesn't work very well against Dagon boards. I'm hovering around 3950 at the moment, for reference.

I came across this variant on Reddit, which basically replaces Avallac'h with Vilgefortz and Scorch/Myrg/Ocvist for Peter/Roach/Assire. I'm sure some of these changes are for the 4000+ meta but they're interesting nonetheless. The poster likes Vilge in R3 for destroying huge dwarves or for killing your own harpy egg taken from a Vicovaro Medic (if you need the draw). I assume the Assire is there for returning Roach to the deck in R2 because playing her in R3 can interfere with Bork, though I guess it all depends on what your opponent is doing.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Some leader change previews from gamescom, taken from reddit:
Eredin str down to 4. Most people suspect some kind of change to wild hunt units to balance this out.
Brouver Hoog now plays any silver unit OR bronze dwarf from your deck.
Radvoid gains crewman 1.
Emhyr now has you play a card, then return a card to hand. Cute for dshackles on Avallach, or letting you play something then take it back without it possibly dying.
Harald now str 7, deploy: deal 1 damage to a random enemy 6 times (like draug) AND damage the weakest enemy by one on the same row every turn.

Numbers subject to change, of course.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Campaign teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_4Zp2zllo

https://www.playgwent.com/en/#adventure

"Explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world using an interactive map handcrafted specially for GWENT. Embark on thought-provoking side quests and engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways. Manage resources, recruit and develop units, and build an army in your very own, customizable battle camp."

Sounds like HoMM but with cards.

Also P2W confirmed
"When the story ends, take a piece of it with you into online battles, with 20 new, Thronebreaker-inspired cards for your multiplayer collection."

Also ESPORTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urb_ocVYdc

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 22, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It's about Queen Meve, one of the rulers of the NR and is who knighted Geralt and give him his Rivia title. It's supposed to have more recorded and spoken dialogue than Hearts of Stone for Witcher 3, apparently. And the whole thing's written by the same team behind Witcher 3. ~15 hours of gameplay time, decisions you make on the story will impact the outcome of it. Neat.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Minrad posted:

It's about Queen Meve, one of the rulers of the NR and is who knighted Geralt and give him his Rivia title. It's supposed to have more recorded and spoken dialogue than Hearts of Stone for Witcher 3, apparently. And the whole thing's written by the same team behind Witcher 3. ~15 hours of gameplay time, decisions you make on the story will impact the outcome of it. Neat.

I don't know much about the character but her design is solid.

That sounds robust enough to earn my buck, particularly with 20 cards to draw from.

Skellige continues to be great, that Greatsword may actually warrant me putting an archer back in my deck so I can poke him. Of course, I still have my boat.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Electronico6 posted:

Campaign teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_4Zp2zllo

https://www.playgwent.com/en/#adventure

"Explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world using an interactive map handcrafted specially for GWENT. Embark on thought-provoking side quests and engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways. Manage resources, recruit and develop units, and build an army in your very own, customizable battle camp."

That sounds pretty fun!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

This dude here has been posting the new cards and balance changes from the showfloor at gamescon. Not sure why CDPR just doesn't release this information themselves, and wiill make us wait for an official source, especially when Rethaz is on Reddit correcting translations and mechanics. Maybe still isn't final build.

https://twitter.com/DariusExMachina/status/900019621348204545

Big leak thread on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6vbnos/gamescom_card_leak_megathread/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Changes seem crazy. There must be a bigger mechanic change. Yenn con at 7?? That damages carryover by 1?

And Keira, one of the most played golds in NR is getting aeromancy instead of quen? Bizarre, Keira was already perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
They are saying golds lost immunity. Triss butt, yencon, succubus, meet alzurs thunder. Tibor and hjallmar, say hello to scorch.