Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/898182668751450112

Europe got their Flight vs Invisibility Splatfest announced, dunno about the others yet. Strangely I don't see it announced in-game yet. Maybe tomorrow then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
See people nude sunbathing on their rooftops vs. sneaking into the girls' locker room

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please don't be a supercreep

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think invsibility will be more popular but flight is way more useful if you're not a criminal/creep

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lol nice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If I could fly, I wouldn't have to be afraid of heights.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If I was invisible I wouldn't be ashamed of my body

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Invisibility would make people watching more fun.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Would you rather eat flying ketchup or invisible mayonnaise

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Invisibility and rob alllllll da banks

Then pay the guy who can fly to give you piggie back rides

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Invisibility is for pervs or depressed man-children. Flying all the way!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Would you rather eat flying ketchup or invisible mayonnaise

This doesn't really work. I would rather eat a cat but it's because I am Team Dog

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Invisibility would be great if you wanted to punch Nazis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Invisibility, gently caress the cops

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Invisibility is for pervs or depressed man-children. Flying all the way!

Imagine the possibilities tho

You could take a large sharp knife...

And cut someone's belt so their pants fall down on live TV

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think it should be pointed out that Invisibility is worthless when every Squidkid owns at least one inkshooter. Flying is clearly the superior power, regardless.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'd be cool if the respective sides got quick super jump and ninja squid but that's never going to happen

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Nintendo of America announced they're giving exclusive publishing rights to the Splatoon 2 -themed bundle to Walmart, release on September 8th.

They also confirmed that the next Splatfest will also be Flight vs. Invisibility, so I guess that will also be Australia's and New Zealand's theme. The Splatfest will be during September 1st and 2nd.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mother fucker.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is genuinely the toughest Splatfest choice yet

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'll go with whatever side is Pearl's

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Nintendo: nazi vs antifa splatfest when?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
According to that picture it's the "have to be completely naked" type invisibility, no thanks. Also as a reasonably nice person I can't think of a thing I could do with invisibility that isn't unpleasant in some way to someone

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

This is genuinely the toughest Splatfest choice yet

Same i haven't struggled with a choice like this since the Sleep vs Food splatfest in the first game

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The answer is clearly flight. Have you seen airfare costs lately? Check-in? The TFA? All of that bypassed.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The answer is clearly flight. Have you seen airfare costs lately? Check-in? The TFA? All of that bypassed.

flight doesn't mean you also get the ability to withstand subsonic air pressures, or the drop in temperature at altitude, or all the bugs that splat against your face at lower altitudes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

inferis posted:

Nintendo: nazi vs antifa splatfest when?

Anyone who picks nazi is lifetime banned from all Nintendo products

This Splatfest choice is actually a hard one I like it. I think we'll see a pretty close popular vote this time

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

flight doesn't mean you also get the ability to withstand subsonic air pressures, or the drop in temperature at altitude, or all the bugs that splat against your face at lower altitudes

Well if we're going down that route, invisibility would also make you blind as light would just pass straight through your retinas :colbert:

Going to have to side with Pearl on this one.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

When can we snag that Splatfest tee though?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I thought about it for a second and Pearl absolutely mains the Emperry dualies

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 17, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

^burtle posted:

When can we snag that Splatfest tee though?

Usually the voting starts one week before the Splatfest, so we still have to wait a week for the shirts.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo of America announced they're giving exclusive publishing rights to the Splatoon 2 -themed bundle to Walmart, release on September 8th.

They also confirmed that the next Splatfest will also be Flight vs. Invisibility, so I guess that will also be Australia's and New Zealand's theme. The Splatfest will be during September 1st and 2nd.

Glad I just imported everything in that bundle. It's a good bundle though. I hope this means they'll make a reverse color pair do you can have two green and two pink.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I would choose invisibility and become the greatest investigative journalist of our time. Flight seems awesome in theory but there's a lot of things you need to worry about while flying. It's also so public that the government will eventually catch wind of you and capture you for testing. Big Airlines also wouldn't want you going around bragging about not having to fly with them ever again.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

JackDarko posted:

I would choose invisibility and become the greatest investigative journalist of our time. Flight seems awesome in theory but there's a lot of things you need to worry about while flying. It's also so public that the government will eventually catch wind of you and capture you for testing. Big Airlines also wouldn't want you going around bragging about not having to fly with them ever again.

:tinfoil:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
What color is Team Invisible going to be?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's harder to think of ways I could use flight for fun and profit, whereas if I were invisible I could tie cops shoelaces together and pickpocket the rich.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

throw to first drat IT posted:

What color is Team Invisible going to be?

Green. :ms:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So with that bundle being announced is there going to be an option to buy the joycons separately? It's stupid if not. I'd love to give them my money for those.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The ink colours will be indigo vs green, like in the picture. Let's see you pervs try and make something gross out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There's literally no way to transfer saves between consoles yet, right? If my wife bought that Splatoon 2 bundle, she couldn't move her current save file over to the new console?