Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

Og dragonball is the best dragonball show by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

anime was right posted:

also lol that the plot is just a revived android 16 fucks everyone up. thats like if yamcha became a real character.

About that...

Chapter 1: http://imgur.com/a/A54Ih
Chapter 2: http://imgur.com/a/VkNds
Chapter 3: http://imgur.com/a/TBuvy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yamcha is such a jobber that even in the DBS paradigm shift where people like Krillin got to look good he still looks like a dork.

He better be in DBFZ, he even has that stupid Millia ball thing!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Yamcha is such a jobber that even in the DBS paradigm shift where people like Krillin got to look good he still looks like a dork.

He better be in DBFZ, he even has that stupid Millia ball thing!

krillins smart as hell and the strongest human alive

lol @ him in the latest arc tho

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

krillins smart as hell and the strongest human alive

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tienshinhan is an alien.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling! posted:

Wolf fang fist better be a sick super

gently caress yes

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Does Brook Universal PS4 PCB require soldering or is it easy to install?

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-universal-fighting-board-with-headers/

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

Does Brook Universal PS4 PCB require soldering or is it easy to install?

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-universal-fighting-board-with-headers/

no soldering. just have a tiny screwdriver, like the ones you repair eyeglasses with. size 1 I think.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Romes128 posted:

no soldering. just have a tiny screwdriver, like the ones you repair eyeglasses with. size 1 I think.

Thanks. Also, is it compatible with the PS4 touchpad?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i dont think so

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also we're up to 13 playable characters in dbzf so far... thats the xrd launch roster, and we have months to go.

their team must have a lot more resources than normal, they're releasing chars super fast

this game was only announced like a couple of months ago...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i dont think so

Is any Brook PCB?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

I dunno. I only have it connected to 8 buttons and a stick. Don't need no fancy touchpad

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Romes128 posted:

I dunno. I only have it connected to 8 buttons and a stick. Don't need no fancy touchpad

I'm asking because the back button on Skullgirls PS4 is the touchpad button.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

also we're up to 13 playable characters in dbzf so far... thats the xrd launch roster, and we have months to go.

their team must have a lot more resources than normal, they're releasing chars super fast

this game was only announced like a couple of months ago...

I hope they get to 30 for launch

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

It is, but it's separate from the main controller inputs. You either need a 4 pin soldered header and harness to use it or to just solder your wires directly to the solder points on the PCB.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
some better scans for that rear end

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what are those parameters on the pentagons

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
From the top clockwise: power speed reach technique and energy.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Countblanc posted:

what are those parameters on the pentagons

anime

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

canoshiz posted:

It is, but it's separate from the main controller inputs. You either need a 4 pin soldered header and harness to use it or to just solder your wires directly to the solder points on the PCB.

What do you mean by soldering header? I was under the impression that this thing didn't need soldering.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my boy 16 lookin like a grappler

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
intelligence, hair color, overall importance to plot, gohan parenting meter and protection againg jobbing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i appreciate them keeping up the running joke that vegeta is really short by giving him stubby normals

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Excuse me did that scan just say Vegeta is more powerful than Goku? gently caress this game

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

What do you mean by soldering header? I was under the impression that this thing didn't need soldering.

The "core" stick controls (start, select, home/guide, joystick + 8 buttons) can be wired entirely through the screw terminal interface (edit: meaning, without soldering). L3/R3/TP key are not used in most games, so they've been moved to a separate area, probably to save space or something.

The L3/R3/TP key input points are highlighted below:

It can be a 4-pin header like the one on shown on the right, used with something similar to the harness shown on the left to connect to your buttons:

Or you can just solder your wires directly to those points and connect your buttons from there. Either way you're not getting TP key functionality without having _something_ soldered there. You can buy the UFB with pre-soldered headers from most vendors that sell them, but I'm not sure if the 4-pin harness is as readily available. Probably not too hard to make your own with stuff you get at your local electronics store.

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 17, 2017

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Excuse me did that scan just say Vegeta is more powerful than Goku? gently caress this game

Vegeta has more energy and power but his reach and technique are not as good, which I think is an accurate comparison.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dragon ball games have historically gone back and forth on whether goku or vegeta is the physical attack focused character

usually it shakes out to vegeta being heavy on special attacks because of his recurring habit of shooting a thousand ki blasts at all his problems

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Awesome now I can pick yellow or blue flavored Vetgeta, and I like 16 and figured he was too minor to put in the game so that's great news for me, he looks like a zoner maybe? Or maybe a long range grappler.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Vegeta being a rushdown character is completely accurate with the show :colbert:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

canoshiz posted:

The "core" stick controls (start, select, home/guide, joystick + 8 buttons) can be wired entirely through the screw terminal interface (edit: meaning, without soldering). L3/R3/TP key are not used in most games, so they've been moved to a separate area, probably to save space or something.

The L3/R3/TP key input points are highlighted below:

It can be a 4-pin header like the one on shown on the right, used with something similar to the harness shown on the left to connect to your buttons:

Or you can just solder your wires directly to those points and connect your buttons from there. Either way you're not getting TP key functionality without having _something_ soldered there. You can buy the UFB with pre-soldered headers from most vendors that sell them, but I'm not sure if the 4-pin harness is as readily available. Probably not too hard to make your own with stuff you get at your local electronics store.

Thank you. As I said before, I need to replace my Hori HRAP4 USB, but it uses a 5 female pin input. Everywhere else I see only has 4 pin inputs. :(

Edit - Will I still need to solder it of I buy this one?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 17, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
basically everyone in DBZ was a rushdown character, you gotta take a bit of artistic liberty in cases like this. og dragon ball had some proper weird dudes but DBZ is almost entirely people getting up in each other's grills and sometimes having a beam battle

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Thank you. As I said before, I need to replace my Hori HRAP4 USB, but it uses a 5 female pin input. Everywhere else I see only has 4 pin inputs. :(

Edit - Will I still need to solder it of I buy this one?

You won't need to solder it (that's the one with pre-soldered headers as I mentioned in that post). You will need to find a way to get or make a 4-pin JST female harness, though.

Also not sure what you mean by replacing the USB? The TP key stuff seems fairly unrelated to that...

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

basically everyone in DBZ was a rushdown character, you gotta take a bit of artistic liberty in cases like this. og dragon ball had some proper weird dudes but DBZ is almost entirely people getting up in each other's grills and sometimes having a beam battle

can't wait for Master Roshi (as Jackie Chun) and Bacterian to be announced

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

canoshiz posted:

You won't need to solder it (that's the one with pre-soldered headers as I mentioned in that post). You will need to find a way to get or make a 4-pin JST female harness, though.

Also not sure what you mean by replacing the USB? The TP key stuff seems fairly unrelated to that...

My Hori HRAP4 doesn't always connect to my PS4 and PC. I assume that is because the USB cord is defective. I'm trying to find a replacement USB cable, but I need one that can connect to Hori HRAP4's PCB which has five pins instead of four

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

My Hori HRAP4 doesn't always connect to my PS4 and PC. I assume that is because the USB cord is defective. I'm trying to find a replacement USB cable, but I need one that can connect to Hori HRAP4's PCB which has five pins instead of four

Ahh, gotcha. Luckily USB is well standardized and only actually needs four pins for full functionality. Sometimes a fifth pin is used for cable shielding but it's not necessary for your cable to work. Looking at your picture, you should only actually need one of the black wires to actually be connected to the board.

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-connector-pinout for the actual specification/pinout.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

canoshiz posted:

Ahh, gotcha. Luckily USB is well standardized and only actually needs four pins for full functionality. Sometimes a fifth pin is used for cable shielding but it's not necessary for your cable to work. Looking at your picture, you should only actually need one of the black wires to actually be connected to the board.

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-connector-pinout for the actual specification/pinout.

I see. So I can just use a standard 4 pin? Awesome. Thanks! :)

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

I see. So I can just use a standard 4 pin? Awesome. Thanks! :)

This is assuming of course that your problem is actually isolated to the cable and not the PCB :)

Also, I can't tell just by looking which black wire needs to remain connected. You'd need to do some further research. Or you can ask in Shoryuken's Tech Talk subforum's Q&A thread which is helpful at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

canoshiz posted:

This is assuming of course that your problem is actually isolated to the cable and not the PCB :)

Also, I can't tell just by looking which black wire needs to remain connected. You'd need to do some further research. Or you can ask in Shoryuken's Tech Talk subforum's Q&A thread which is helpful at times.

Well doing research Qanba has the same thing on their site but they say it isn't compatible with Hori sticks.

Edit - Snooping around more they have a USB cable on their site that doesn't have the disclaimer and it has five pin slots.