Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Fat Twitter Man posted:

how tf do you make up an open weight grand prix and make Melvin Manhoef a freaking alternate

part of me wants to protect poor melvin from being KOed more, part of me wants to see him come in as a sub and win it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Captain Log posted:

I'm behind on podcasts -

I'm assuming Chael has already loudly declared that he would double kneebar Mir?

welcome back friend. I assume they just brought you out of a medically induced coma or something, so here is an excellent chael-related post you missed while you were sleeping a dreamless sleep

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Chael sonnen gives 8 weeks of interviews about how he's going to easily destroy a train, all of which are stolen verbatim from Georgia Maritime and Railroad Wrestling heavyweight champion 1921-1923 "Boxcar" Billy Nesbitt. He gets immediately flattened by the train and when he finally emerges from ICU 2 and a half years later to promote his upcoming fight with a Honda civic he flippantly mentions the ease with which he ran over and hospitalised the train

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Soothing Vapors posted:

welcome back friend. I assume they just brought you out of a medically induced coma or something, so here is an excellent chael-related post you missed while you were sleeping a dreamless sleep

Ah hahahaha! God I missed certain aspects of this place.

Medically I'm not golden - but I'm not about to drop dead. Enough folks here know me in "real" life that if I croaked you'd at least get a funny post about it.

I do feel like I've spent about two months on a different planet. SA likes to be randomly blocked by hospital networks.

Fedora has declined enough I'd be alright to see him fight Chael. He does horrible with even slightly oversized opponents but Chael is too full blown nuts to believe he could lose a fight.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm glad you're up and functional at least!

I'm could get my metaphorical dick out for Chael/Fedor, Chael/Mir, or even Chael/Tito II again. There are so many potential bad Chael fights to be made right now, it is a very exciting time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mir would absolutely crush Chael in a million different ways.

Like of all the people at HW Chael might have a chance with it isn't with a legit grappler that has 40+ lbs on him.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sure, but watching Chael talk poo poo for 10 weeks and then lose in a humiliating fashion is 80% of the appeal of Bellator

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Sure, but watching Chael talk poo poo for 10 weeks and then lose in a humiliating fashion is 80% of the appeal of Bellator

Chael is some sort of quantum loveable fighting concept that loses ever fight he should win and wins every fight he should lose.

I wonder what happens if you put him in a box with poison, Schroedinger style. I'm guessing he would figure out how to make a box levitate with his mind and then somehow flies it into a powerline.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Chael is some sort of quantum loveable fighting concept that loses ever fight he should win and wins every fight he should lose.

I wonder what happens if you put him in a box with poison, Schroedinger style. I'm guessing he would figure out how to make a box levitate with his mind and then somehow flies it into a powerline.

The Wanderlei fight is the weird outlier that went exactly the way it should have gone.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how long before Jon Jones shows up in Rizin

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Benne posted:

So how long before Jon Jones shows up in Rizin

: looks at watch :

Right about...now.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

: looks at watch :

Right about...now.

I think by bringing up Chael in the UFC thread, you awoke Sonnen's voodoo curse on Jon Jones

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

I think by bringing up Chael in the UFC thread, you awoke Sonnen's voodoo curse on Jon Jones

: tips Fedor themed Fedora and whooshes off into the sky :

red19fire
May 26, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/7Jlqfv9.png

Hell yeah I'm about to make a very important business connection with Tito Ortiz.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

red19fire posted:

Hell yeah I'm about to make a very important business connection with Tito Ortiz.

prepare yourself for t shirts and homemade food

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

red19fire posted:

What an incredibly professional business solicitation

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

red19fire posted:

welcome to team punishment, brother

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

red19fire posted:

I kinda doubt that Tito Ortiz pays his photographers. Not with money, anyway.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

red19fire posted:

Hell yeah, I love to video film things

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If I lived there I'd do it simply for the insane story.

Does any goon live there and have the ability to buy a 18 dollar digital camera?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I would be all over that, sadly im not local.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

I would be all over that, sadly im not local.

I'm pretty sure if we ever end up within two hundred miles of each other someone should bring a film crew. We would blow any existing MMA show out of the water by sheer weirdness alone.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Captain Log posted:

I'm pretty sure if we ever end up within two hundred miles of each other someone should bring a film crew. We would blow any existing MMA show out of the water by sheer weirdness alone.

Iv'e given up on doing mma media, its a massively flooded market and a lot of work for little reward. Far better to train with fighters than just interview them.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

Iv'e given up on doing mma media, its a massively flooded market and a lot of work for little reward. Far better to train with fighters than just interview them.

I agree with that statement AND stand by my old statement.

The MMA world needs absurdity desperately at the moment.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Captain Log posted:

conor mcgregor won rounds off floyd mayweather and made megabucks, jon jones banned again, and tony ferguson is fighting Some Guy for a fake belt.

MMA is perfect the way it is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The I want to gently caress Chael and James podcast

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I think a 'don't watch fights' show with PSP hivemind opinions would be unironically great. :goonproject:

Have a section dunking on Ariel and other lovely shill reporters, a Z-league update, and a 209 Versus The World panel debate.

In Philadelphia i almost made it into the press pit Tito's open workouts at Joe Hand Gym by shrugging my shoulders and saying 'I'm freelance'.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The I want to gently caress Chael and James podcast

As a podcast with a British guy and a fake British guy (my father is an immigrant) it would actually be called, "Polite Awkward Lunch with Chael, James, and two idiots"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No real british person calls it lunch, we call it dinner.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Invicta tonight on Fightpass

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

CommonShore posted:

Invicta tonight on Fightpass

Anyone to watch?

Thanks for the heads up by the way.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

Anyone to watch?

Thanks for the heads up by the way.

It's kind of a weak card in terms of names, but it's always a platform for good scraps. Unfunny Poster put the card into the fightpass thread but I'm too lazy to dig it out.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

current fight is a great scrap so far

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

courtney king just walked out to "the circle of life", good poo poo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Josh Rosenthal is finally back, he's reffing at Invicta

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Last match had some interesting stand up clinchwork/wrestling.

So in this upcoming fight someone trained a little in Karate? I'm looking forward to this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/903446456371003392

Angela Hill has the best twitter in WMMA

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think Kleczka was busier in the final round and will get the decision. Gonna be 0-2 for the other eh?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

How late do these run? I can't find an ending time and I'm only just getting to tune in.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Not sure myself, but the co main event is still at least one undercard away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Scroll down on fightpass. 5 fights left.