Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

The Black Stones posted:

So with that bundle being announced is there going to be an option to buy the joycons separately? It's stupid if not. I'd love to give them my money for those.

I'm sure eventually they will. I'm going to purchase this bundle for my significant other in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/898182668751450112

Europe got their Flight vs Invisibility Splatfest announced, dunno about the others yet. Strangely I don't see it announced in-game yet. Maybe tomorrow then.

Doesn't make clothes your wearing and objects your holding invisible. Garbage invisibility that wouldn't even be useful for much.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Doesn't make clothes your wearing and objects your holding invisible. Garbage invisibility that wouldn't even be useful for much.

Besides, even if it did, why would you want people to not see your super fresh outfits?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I just hope that Fresh case is available separately. Funny how I bought my Switch from Walmart, which was my third stop in my search.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does my invisibility affect my clothes and stuff I'm holding because if not then gently caress that, let me fly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fun Times! posted:

Does my invisibility affect my clothes and stuff I'm holding because if not then gently caress that, let me fly.

If we're going by the picture then nope, clothes are still visible, as are your eyes maybe?

That's some lovely invisibility.

bizarre deformity posted:

There's literally no way to transfer saves between consoles yet, right? If my wife bought that Splatoon 2 bundle, she couldn't move her current save file over to the new console?

Just looked this up because I figured no way would they do something this fuckin' stupid especially when you can easily transfer saves on the 3DS... but nope, looks like they can't, at least not for now.
I really want that Splatoon 2 one too, so I can co-op together with my kids and hopefully help them be less terrible.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 17, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I just hope that Fresh case is available separately. Funny how I bought my Switch from Walmart, which was my third stop in my search.

That case is sold separately in Japan http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-switch-carrying-case-screen-protector-splatoon-2-editi/13/70b70h

So I would assume we'll be getting it too, same with the just buying the pink and green joycons

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I'm going to have to side with Pearl on this one, too. My consciousness already made up my mind since dreams where I'm invisible are cool and all but dreams where I'm flying are :magical: Even the ones where I can barely hover or keep bumping the ground.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

raditts posted:

If we're going by the picture then nope, clothes are still visible, as are your eyes maybe?

That's some lovely invisibility.

It also makes you have a dotted outline, what a cruddy invisibility!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah seeing as how my clothes and equipment don't turn invisible with me my dreams of being an investigate journalist are dashed. I'll just choose flying, I can't swim but I can fly. Don't have to worry about falling off of buildings, I can also get a job working at very dangerous heights.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

If your eyes were invisible you couldn't see!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Shame Boner posted:

I'm going to have to side with Pearl on this one, too. My consciousness already made up my mind since dreams where I'm invisible are cool and all but dreams where I'm flying are :magical: Even the ones where I can barely hover or keep bumping the ground.

Pretty sure Pearl is flying since it's on the left

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Pretty sure Pearl is flying since it's on the left

Yeah, that's correct. :magical: trumps "cool and all" in my book. Team Pearl all the way on this one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That's a tough decision. I think I'll go with flight, since that has more useful (and ethical) utility than invisibility. Also the version of invisibility here is appears to be the worst kind where you need to be naked in order for it to actually work.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I miss the old splatfest art

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 17, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

What kind of scrub would choose invisibility when you can loving fly? What little kid didn't dream of flying? I know I sure as gently caress did!

Looks like I'm going Team Pearl this time around!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr Cheeto posted:

I thought about it for a second and Pearl absolutely mains the Emperry dualies

I am pretty sure there is a stage intro where she straight-up confirms this

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dr Cheeto posted:

If I was invisible I wouldn't be ashamed of my body

I would still be ashamed but I wouldn't have to worry about someone seeing me

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I just noticed that Crusty Sean constantly sheds panko and I can't not think of

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Silver Falcon posted:

What kind of scrub would choose invisibility when you can loving fly? What little kid didn't dream of flying? I know I sure as gently caress did!

If I was invisible, I could steal all the jet packs and flying machines I want.:smug:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Silver Falcon posted:

with flight i can skip out on buying a plane ticket, with invisibility i can steal enough money to buy a plane

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Next splatfest, If you had superpowers what would you use them for

Pearl: Do crime
Marina: Wuss out

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking about picking invisibility this time since it seems like it's the less popular choice and therefore the side where the matches will actually matter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lelandjs posted:

I'm thinking about picking invisibility this time since it seems like it's the less popular choice and therefore the side where the matches will actually matter

This is the cowards way of choosing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

absolutely anything posted:

with flight i can skip out on buying a plane ticket, with invisibility i can steal enough money to buy a plane

You're also at the mercy of the ambient temperature.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

lelandjs posted:

That's honestly probably not a good way to go about things. Maybe if the popularity was extremely lopsided sure, but I'm thinking the teams will be considerably more even this time. (Ketchup being paired with mayo isn't exactly a common comparison outside of Japan. Mustard probably would have evened out the teams more.) And the least popular teams have to win both match categories while the more popular team only has to win one. Really it's a crapshoot either way, and the only penalty for picking the losing team is getting 3 less Super Sea Snails. Just pick the side you want.

Personally, I'm sticking with flight.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Have the courage of your convictions, instead of tactical voting

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How many ability chunks do you get for a super bonus?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Most people pick with Marina so what she goes with will be the popular choice.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lakbay posted:

How many ability chunks do you get for a super bonus?

4 of the same kind.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Why are the vast majority of shoes ugly af? How am I supposed to get my lil squiddy looking all fresh with all these ugly-rear end options?

Unrelated, but I find myself gravitating to pretty much only playing Salmon Run on account of generally being bad at and being paired with bads in ranked. I should prob play with goons instead of rando pubbies tbh, but my horrible internet at home forces me to play handheld only for the time being. I guess I could set it up without the joycons connected, but eh.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

In the same vein, there are no decent green tops with Ninja Squid. Or like any decent green tops at all.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Have the courage of your convictions, instead of tactical voting

It's this sentiment that let Mayo win last time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mayo won because they batttled against all odds on the war field and emerged victorious

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Next Splatfest: vote your preference vs. faster matchmaking.

(Flash forward: faster matchmaking wins 2-1 with 20% popularity but winning 55% of matches.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was a joke post guys, of course I'm gonna pick flight.

dog nougat posted:

Why are the vast majority of shoes ugly af? How am I supposed to get my lil squiddy looking all fresh with all these ugly-rear end options?
I got myself a pair of the squid Yeezys (I don't remember what they're called in game) and haven't looked back. I probably should, because their effect is quick respawn, but that actually came in handy in a recent Rainmaker round.

dog nougat posted:

Unrelated, but I find myself gravitating to pretty much only playing Salmon Run on account of generally being bad at and being paired with bads in ranked. I should prob play with goons instead of rando pubbies tbh, but my horrible internet at home forces me to play handheld only for the time being. I guess I could set it up without the joycons connected, but eh.

I can't fix your internet issues, but what I will say is that I had a super satisfying evening of Rainmaker tonight--instead of the usual spate of C- and C ranked players most of my games were made up of C+ pubbies, which meant that the matches were actually even and good fights! And then when I got up to B- it felt like there was a huge leap in skill level, other people were actually using the rails and walls instead of trying to rush their way up the path on Moray Towers and immediatly dying.

It's heck to get through the C ranks--I actually put the game aside for a few days after one particularly disastrous evening when I went 3/13 in Tower Control--but oh man does it feel good to be in B. Now to I just get through with other two modes. I might not even bother with Splat Zones until they nerf the Tri-Slosher (or I get better with it).

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 18, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually main tri slosher but I swap off for splat zones because of the emphasis on ranged battles. I tend to do a lot better with the 96 gal or a splatling, depending on the maps

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the rounds I've played its all been Tri-Slosher (the point being on the tallest place in the level makes the bucket truely OP) or Aerospray (Curling Bomb Launcher clears the point, and the ink output helps keep it and keep your special charged up). Like, I get why people are using them, but I don't like either of the weapons.

I've tried the 96 Cal but I always forget about the range and the slowdown while shooting and it throws me off (I tend to ink behind and chase). Really the only two weapons in the game that feel "right" to me are the N-Zap and Sploosh-O-Matic, and when I try to use any other ones I do badly and then feel guilty that we lose (even though it's just Turf War).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone who is good with rollers tell me your secrets to not being poo poo.