Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You know looking at the entrants for the tournament of power, if Buu did manage to enter, it just wouldn't even be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jiren might be able to do something?

But he'd pretty much have to be it. To beat Buu, you absolutely have to overpower him and just keep overpowering him.

Anything less and he will not stop coming after you.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

You could promise him food if he jumped out of the ring himself, defeating him instantly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Even if you do that and knock him out of the arena, there's nothing stopping him from having a bunch more of himself inside the arena. Guy can split at will.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

HGH posted:

Even if you do that and knock him out of the arena, there's nothing stopping him from having a bunch more of himself inside the arena. Guy can split at will.

The Zenos might not be happy with a guy skirting the rules like that and just erase him

this is assuming Buu would even understand the rules enough to try something like that

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

The Zenos might not be happy with a guy skirting the rules like that and just erase him

this is assuming Buu would even understand the rules enough to try something like that

As if they wouldn't just think it's cool.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RBX posted:

http://imgur.com/a/z5z0Q

Scans for new Dragonball stuff

I almost thought Gohan was going against Go Onizuka, and didn't know what the hell.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
so that also has spoilers for what I assume is this weeks episode;

Dypso is somehow going to avoid elimination but that other pride trooper guy is getting tossed

also whose that giant fucko in the first picture. That doesn't look like a competitor in the ToP.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Some DBHeroes stuff with Dabura.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

so that also has spoilers for what I assume is this weeks episode;

Dypso is somehow going to avoid elimination but that other pride trooper guy is getting tossed

also whose that giant fucko in the first picture. That doesn't look like a competitor in the ToP.

It says (something, I can't actually read Japanese) Towa, so I assume its for DB Heros or whatever the game is.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
It looks like Lord Slug is getting the same treatment that Perfect Cell got from whatever the gently caress evil dragon balls are floating around in Heroes.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
So Goku has gone from black hair to blonde hair to red hair to blue hair to... black hair.

The circle is complete, or something. :geno:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jagged Jim posted:

So Goku has gone from black hair to blonde hair to red hair to blue hair to... black hair.

The circle is complete, or something. :geno:

I mean

To be fair

SSJ4 did the same thing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sassassin posted:

Goku already has like 5 transformations beyond what he's using to eliminate people. Seems silly to give him another new one.

would like to learn of a concept called "merchandising"?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Josuke Higashikata posted:

would like to learn of a concept called "merchandising"?

It is the enemy of art.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

It is the enemy of art.

Kamen Rider Kuuga would disagree but it's pretty much alone in that regard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I suffer from Anime Hair Recognition Disorder, but that's basically just base form hair, right?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wish people would use spoiler bars in the goddamn thread. Rules still apply don't they?

If anyone has ever painted one of these Figure Rise things please give me tips. There's nothing online that I can see which is so weird.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
tweets embed even if you try to use spoiler tags, or try to link to them using a url= tag. don't link to spoilers on twitter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cease to Hope posted:

tweets embed even if you try to use spoiler tags, or try to link to them using a url= tag. don't link to spoilers on twitter.

But no one did that. Every spoilery link is a link. People still started posting about said links without spoiling their contents.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I do not see any tweets here

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dias posted:

I suffer from Anime Hair Recognition Disorder, but that's basically just base form hair, right?

no

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope Goku announces that he calls this Super Saiyan 4, thereby confirming GT non-canon forever.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

But no one did that. Every spoilery link is a link. People still started posting about said links without spoiling their contents.

the first post about the spoilers was this

Webbeh posted:

spoilers for transformations

giant spoiler image in a tweet that he tried to hide with spoiler bars

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

The spoiler bars work just fine in that post though?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Yeah on my SA the tweet doesn't embed and is just a link so spoiler tags working as intended.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I only see a link in a spoiler box there. It's not embedded.

Maybe it works badly on phone SA or something, because it seems to be working as intended in the non-mobile site.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In Alan_Shore's defense as soon as someone posts a spoiler here you can expect people to just start openly talking about it with no regard within 20-30 posts unless there's another topic of discussion that people are still talking about.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Transformation spoiler comment: Yeah I was still 90% sure it was gonna be Goku but it was a fun theory while it lasted. Looks sick as hell either way!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Cease to Hope posted:

hahahha yeah i even tested it to make sure poo poo didnt go south

thanks for the sass though!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Vegeta gon' be pissed

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

On average, how many episodes of DBZ are there between each new form reveal? And is this one out of line with that? It just feels so soon after Blue.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

On average, how many episodes of DBZ are there between each new form reveal? And is this one out of line with that? It just feels so soon after Blue.

Super Saiyan Blue debuted in episode 24. We're now in the 100s.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Well if we're looking at Kai, the gap between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 is about 45 episodes. Chapter wise, they had a gap of about two years, so if we take into account Resurrection F it's about the same gap. The difference between the two being there have been multiple other transformation reveals inbetween these two for Goku, but I don't know if that's quite the same as we're probably never seeing Trunks or Zamasu again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

Well if we're looking at Kai, the gap between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 is about 45 episodes. Chapter wise, they had a gap of about two years, so if we take into account Resurrection F it's about the same gap. The difference between the two being there have been multiple other transformation reveals inbetween these two for Goku, but I don't know if that's quite the same as we're probably never seeing Trunks or Zamasu again.

In that case you'd also need to count the two powered up SSJ forms Vegeta and Trunks used too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im glad goku is gonna actually lose his shirt

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's the first time that's happened since his fight with Freezer

Cannot wait to see what happens to make that a thing

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

In that case you'd also need to count the two powered up SSJ forms Vegeta and Trunks used too.

This is very true. The whole thing is kinda why I don't hold a lot of stock in super saiyan being "trivialized" by anyone, considering this Once In A Thousand Years transformation was shown to be done by a second person like fourteen chapters after it was revealed. Then as soon as Vegeta got it (and immediately lost his second fight) he was already talking about going beyond it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I made a thing. It looks better on loop.

https://a.pomf.cat/vpbtuc.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Herms is translating a bunch of stuff on twitter tonight including the new manga chapter, which is Vegeta focused

also in case anyone thinks mortal level still has to do with power level the WSJ scans have blurbs on the universes exempt from the tournament, saying U1's level is so high because most of its population are pure spirits, while U8 (the fox god of destruction's universe) actively destroys anything that might lower its level