Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I usually switch to the Dualies when Splat Zones come around. I really like close range weapons, and Tenta Missles are just too good in Splat Zones. Tenacity + enough Special Charge Ups pretty much turns you into a Flyfish. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's... actually a really good strat. Hmm. Wonder what Flo has in the shop right now...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

This build is so stupid.

The worst part is that it's actually working.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
16 Tentamissles in one match...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. Fetus posted:

This build is so stupid.

This fills me with disgust.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Dr. Fetus posted:

This build is so stupid.

A build only a Fly Fish could love.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

I love taking the Krak-on roller into turf wars, rolling into enemy territory, then popping the hamster ball while enemies start shooting me and peacing out. A lot of times people will think you are running away because you are scared or something and chase you, letting you hide around a corner and pop on them when they chase you down :devil:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Someone who is good with rollers tell me your secrets to not being poo poo.

Horizontal flick is your main tool to git-r-dun
Vertical flick should be used to attack an enemy ONLY if they're too far for the horizontal flick and they've already been damaged, since it won't OHKO most enemies at range. It's also a useful tool for painting corridors safely
Rolling paint is useful for smoothing out lanes with spots of enemy ink; it's not a good offensive tool.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dragon enthusiast posted:

Horizontal flick is your main tool to git-r-dun
Vertical flick should be used to attack an enemy ONLY if they're too far for the horizontal flick and they've already been damaged, since it won't OHKO most enemies at range. It's also a useful tool for painting corridors safely
Rolling paint is useful for smoothing out lanes with spots of enemy ink; it's not a good offensive tool.

Vertical Fling will absolutely OHKO in my general use of it. With the Krak-On Roller.

Rolling ink also works offensively more than you think. A lot of players panic and miss, especially if you hit them off-center rather than head-on.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

(Ketchup being paired with mayo isn't exactly a common comparison outside of Japan. Mustard probably would have evened out the teams more.)

Clearly you've never been to Europe

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I was just trying to farm for Special Charge Up subs on those equipment so I could mix and match if I had to, but this loadout is ridiculous. With the Splat Dualies, you only need a bit over 130 points to fill up the gauge instead of 170. Combined with Tenacity kicking in every so often, and that the Splat Dualies are so good at covering turf, you can just poo poo out missiles. Over and over again. It's utterly disgusting.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I kinda feel like the gachapon capsules should also drop through multiplayer levelling. It's weird as gently caress you can't get bonuses for multiplayer inside multiplayer.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/898471431356297217

The Squiffer drops tonight. Comes with Point Sensors and Ink Armor.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh hey, it's a cleaning fluid spray bottle with... one of those attachment thingies I'm sure there's a name for.

I do like how many of the weapons appear to be made of household items. The Heavy Splatling uses a water cooler tank.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tempura Wizard posted:

https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/898471431356297217

The Squiffer drops tonight. Comes with Point Sensors and Ink Armor.

Just so you know, this was in the first Splatoon, and it works like the Charger with the exception that it has a shorter range and charge time. Needless to say, it's an acquired taste.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Squiffer is the only True and Honest charger

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Squiffer is pretty much more of an aggressive weapon compared to most other Chargers. At least in Splatoon 1. Not sure if Splatoon 2 will change anything about it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 18, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Squiffer is pretty much more of an aggressive weapon compared to most other Chargers. At least in Splatoon 1. Not sure if Splatoon 2 will change anything about it.

It's got competition from the Goo Tuber for frontline charger.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's got competition from the Goo Tuber for frontline charger.

So a race to see which gets shoved in the trash first, got it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Squiffer is good. The Goo Tuber sucks.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I just want a heavy/hydra splatling that doesn't use stingray.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Maybe everyone already knows these but they aren't in OP.

https://splatoon2.ink/
Map rotations, including Salmon Run times.

https://twitter.com/splatnetstore
Tweets as new gear appears in the appstore.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Aaaaand hosed back to Go-Getter because my crewmates are loving morons.

I lead a Griller off around the gantry during High-Tide so the rest of my Crew can kill the other one. Nope, they've done gently caress-all by the time I've looped around.

Actively ignoring the loving Mothership and not killing the delivery flyers (even though they've definitely at least seen me do it to get Eggs).

Actively ignoring the Flyfish in a Low-Tide wave :gibs:. He was also the first Boss in the wave, and soon joined by a Stinger and a second Flyfish.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's been a month with no new map...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

It's been a month with no new map...

Marina built Shifty Station with her own tentacles and you're just gonna pretend it never happened?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Marina built Shifty Station with her own tentacles and you're just gonna pretend it never happened?

We'd all be better off forgetting it ever happened

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aaaaand hosed back to Go-Getter because my crewmates are loving morons.

I've never had a more frustrating experience in video games than trying to play Salmon Run with randumbs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just saw all three crew-mates get wiped by a single Griller. That was chasing me. Twice in the same round :cripes:. I managed to drag a win out of them, but not one I felt good about.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I might be out of the country for this splatfest but I'll sign up for team flight either way. Might get some time to play a few games on the day to destroy foolish invisibles.

It would be weird/hilarious if they had invisible ink and spraying the enemy teams ink just erased it.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
What is squidbagging, woomy and who is octoboy? I see all these things in plaza art but what do they mean???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nerd_of_prey posted:

What is squidbagging, woomy and who is octoboy? I see all these things in plaza art but what do they mean???

Squidbagging is when you jam L2 during the killcam and transform rapidly
Woomy is the noise the girl inkling makes
I dont know about octoboy thats a new one to me

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It probably refers to the datamined octoboy files they found that some people think points to playable octolings.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just saw all three crew-mates get wiped by a single Griller. That was chasing me. Twice in the same round :cripes:. I managed to drag a win out of them, but not one I felt good about.

I tried to play Salmon Run last night twice, both times it gave me the charger. Ok, so that's my problem, I should be better with them than I am.

But then my teammates kept dying immediately and I couldn't revive them in time and then I was surrounded and oh god.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

lelandjs posted:

I tried to play Salmon Run last night twice, both times it gave me the charger. Ok, so that's my problem, I should be better with them than I am.

But then my teammates kept dying immediately and I couldn't revive them in time and then I was surrounded and oh god.

Playing the Charger in Salmon Run is all about utilizing your Splat Bombs. You really only should be charging for Steelheads or a boss with an opportune shot. Move with the group and just spray weak shots down while lobbing Bombs.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

It probably refers to the datamined octoboy files they found that some people think points to playable octolings.

Nope, Octoboy refers to a French Youtuber. This is how fame in the 21st century works with kids.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nerd_of_prey posted:

Woomy is like BOOYAH in squiddish

It's me. I'm spamming Booyah at all times except when I need to spam THIS WAY or HELP

edit: or a useful OUCH if some sneaky git is hiding someplace surprising

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 18, 2017

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Things newbies need to know about Splat Tim:

1) He does it!
2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010