Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOd-m99AHEw&t=30s

was not expecting a NewLegacy shout-out from TNA but I shouldn't be surprised since NL gets more views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I didn't know who Rosemary was at first but her appearance was very cool.

"...all your souls!"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Director on Twitter about Fire Pro

quote:

【Notice】 We will respond to the questions and requests you received on the spot as we did the previous time, while announcing the renewal content scheduled for tomorrow on 18th! Please come check it out ~

STEAM 's function request thread, I am watching firmly, I am regularly looking at twitter, bulletin board etc. Initially, the box office mode which was not planned to be implemented is realized with the voice of everyone's fans. Thank you for your continued support. # FirePro

Stream is happening tonight at 11 PM EST/8 PM PST

https://www.twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

simosimo posted:

I think the best new of the game is the commentary has been scrapped and they've been forced to make fresh lines with Graves/cole (and Byron I think?). You can here some in the 2 entrance vids.

I'm sure it'll still have Cole saying "a vicious stomp" 317 times a match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

But how will I know when someone's putting their educated feet to good use?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Please continue to ask for a skeleton costume on the Fire Pro stream

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

But how will I know when someone's putting their educated feet to good use?

You might... but not today! Too fast!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Fire Pro Twitch livestream notes. Kyle and Director.

Starting with patch talk for tomorrow.

Patch:
- Custom MP3s MP3, WAV, OGG support for entrances and in game background.
- S-1 Rules is also coming back. It's kinda like K-1, it's all punches and strikes, no grapples. Strikes get boosts.
- Resolutions options
- Mouse support across the entire game
- Alot of quality of life improvements to edit mode. Too many to list right now.
- L/R to toggle between pages for navigating (charlie note: harassing director on twitter in broken japanese works. haha)
- 4 new moves Counter flapjack, Diving Cutter, Final Bomb (like a last ride that lands in a sitdown [pinning?] position), Double Armed Dangerous Kick (grabs their arms while they're kneeling and pulls them face first directly into a knee) - Those last two moves apparently belong to Ibushi.

Moving onto the list.

List:
- More space for character names (character limits) Limited by horrid UI. Director is pushing his team for a fix. [my note: they didn't address long team names being bugged to 12 characters]
- More variety for strikes used in strike exchanges Doable. So they're doing it.
- CPU Logic CPU Logic is very delicate. Very tricky to mess with or add new features to. It's something Director wants to do but it's something that's taking a backseat until he gets all the new features implemented. So if it happens, it won't something happen until very very very very late in development.
- Leagues and tournaments Currently lots of restrictions. Something the dev team will try to fix in the future. There's some type of bug with belts and something about deleting a character but they won't be able to fix that and suggest only using finished wrestlers in leagues/tournaments.
- New weapons Kyle names trash cans, chain, pipe as suggestions people mentioned on the fourms. Asks chat what they'd like to see. Table and ladders are a no for now unless it's a move animation.
- FPPW as a vanity project for Director He's playing with other people's money but he's trying to make the game he wants with the resources available. Sales are on track for what they expected. If it's sells better, maybe they'll be able to do more in the future.
- Nuanced rules Going outside during a landmine match and having non exploding barbed wire specifically mentioned. Mods have covered some of these. Seems possible and they want to add it in.
- Mods Director is happy to see people messing around with the game.
- Mods, continued That said, things that people are doing with mods aren't as simple for them to implement since they have to bugtest, etc.
- Mods, continued again Some people have found stuff that will be added in the future like movelists. Only dangerous thing is not everything in the code will get added into the game. Example: Apron powerbomb, doesn't work right. Won't be in.
- To the Japanese fans The US is big share of the current userbase. Director expected more Japanese sales. The Japanese site tries to show to use Steam and things like that. So the barrier is high for them since they don't really PC game.
- PS4 version No timeframe but it will get released. Please be patient Japanese fans.
- Online lag They're doing everything they can to improve the netcode. But it's tricky since Fire Pro is more precise than most fighting games. You can cut down the lag by playing with players closer to you physically but they're looking into ways to improve it.
- Edit points This is a tricky discussion since everybody makes wrestlers their own way. They don't want to handcuff anybody. Director uses 150-200. Kyle does the same. They both agree that lower points is better but it's up to the community to decide.
- Head programmer on live stream They want to do that since alot of things regarding Fire Pro doesn't make much sense unless you're looking at the source code. Would chat be interested? Although they leave some things vague on purpose. Kyle will make a post on the forum for people to post their questions. [this part is poorly summarized. I'll need to rewatch the vod to clarify this part]
- Selling moves Land finisher and both stand up immediately. Doing a flying move and having the other guy pop up. There's alot of things that effect that. Not a problem in human vs human matches since you can hold a (xbox) or x (ps) to play dead. Maybe a way to fix that would be for a 'play dead' value to be added.
- Final comment from Director No firm date on when they'll leave Early Access. Next Spring is the absolute latest they can stay in. Keep sending your questions and comments.
- Finisher move stealing [I missed this part. Something about it being very difficult to add to CPU Logic since there's a bunch of different factors. They're thinking about it]
- Different venues have different match ratings Confirmed by Director. It's used as an example of how there's things happening behind the scenes that the player doesn't explicitly know about but they can kind of feel it out by their gut.
- More arenas coming soon Also confirmed.
- Menu lag with wrestlers Not something coming up in the upcoming patch but something they hope to address in the future.
- P1 Keyboard, P2 controller Not working. Something they didn't think about. Something they'll ask the developers about implementing.
- Controllers Try using first party controllers. They've tested some third party controllers and they worked but YMMV.

Kyle solo without Director:

- GM Mode Hopefully within the year but he has nothing to share with us at the moment.
- New Parts He caught Director heading out the door. Director is being cagey about specifics but they have some cool things in the works.
- MP3 support Not allowed on the workshop due to the legality. He's not sure if it defaults back to a default theme.
- Adding your own voice Seems doable and it's something he's also asked about but he has to check with the devs.
- Very simple tweaks regarding match rules Seems like it's possible if mods are able to do it but it's something he'll have to check with Director.
- Adding moves Director's going to shuffle what moves he was planning to add into the game after it was datamined to keep some of the surprises.
- Heads Going to ask Director if they can do a smaller bald cap so they don't stick out from under the hair.
- Tag Team Entrances Will ask Director.
- Kyle takes notes from chat regarding potential edit filters. He likes search bar, alphabetical and using the tags from workshop. He'll talk to director.
- Wrestling style specific match ratings He doesn't know if they're planning to add it. Seems like a good fit with Management Mode. He'll ask Director.
- Logo editor Fell to the wayside due to the console version since they'd need some type of paint tool. He believes it's something they're working on.
- Creating new moves Extremely complicated with the dev tool. You're doing a frame-by-frame animation and it has a tool to check to make sure the new animation is compatible with all the create parts. That's why it takes so long to make new moves and why they just can't import stuff from the GBA Fire Pro.
- Timed Battle Royale He doesn't know why they only limited it to 8 participants total. [my note to clarify: 8 wrestlers is the max they can have in the ring at one time. so this would be like a royal rumble match in other wrestling games where new people enter as others are eliminated] Seems like something they can expand but he needs to talk to Director.
- Arena Editor *Kyle writes it down* "Very interesting idea"
- New Belt Parts Something Director wants to improve. Kyle's not sure of the status.
- New match types Asks chat what they'd like to see. He doesn't know about adding WWE style matches since they may be copyrighted. NO TO LADDER MATCHES STUPID CHAT.
- The Fire Pro t-shirts they're wearing Again, they licensed it out to another company. That company doesn't do international shipping but Kyle is trying to work something out.
- Think of questions for the head programmer since that will be the next stream.

And that's the end.

vod link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/167589204

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 17, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The insanity of TEW when your promotion is A popularity during a 'boom' period

90 million viewers for my weekly TV show...and they're rewarded with an A* main event! It's that easy WWE, get it done.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The insanity of TEW when your promotion is A popularity during a 'boom' period

90 million viewers for my weekly TV show...and they're rewarded with an A* main event! It's that easy WWE, get it done.

Once you're going well than you can do no wrong, if you start losing momuntum then you can do no right.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Fire Pro Twitch livestream notes. Kyle and Director.

Starting with patch talk for tomorrow.

Patch:
- Custom MP3s MP3, WAV, OGG support for entrances and in game background.
- S-1 Rules is also coming back. It's kinda like K-1, it's all punches and strikes, no grapples. Strikes get boosts.
- Resolutions options
- Mouse support across the entire game
- Alot of quality of life improvements to edit mode. Too many to list right now.
- L/R to toggle between pages for navigating (charlie note: harassing director on twitter in broken japanese works. haha)
- 4 new moves Counter flapjack, Diving Cutter, Final Bomb (like a last ride that lands in a sitdown [pinning?] position), Double Armed Dangerous Kick (grabs their arms while kneeling pulling them directly into a knee to the face, some wrestler that was at their event said they would debut it, didn't catch the name)

The last two are Ibushi's finishers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
One disappointment is they can't fix the thing where editing a wrestler OR title will overwrite title histories. Apparently fixing that would break other stuff. Oh well.

They are also looking at maybe having the wrestlers sell the big moves more, especially finishers- like they could add a slider to CPU for "playing dead" and so on so they're not just popping up on anything they don't Ukemi on. So that could add a new dimension to the gameplay.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Glad they're adding variety to the strike exchanges since those are great, what I would love is for whoever postures up at the end to fire up but then immediately eat the strike and go down. Need more psych outs.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/898045494856892416

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hopefully the Kudo Driver can somehow defy the odds and make it into the game 20 years after it probably should have

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Ibushi's sitout powerbomb is already in the game, though? I dunno if they misspoke or something.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
SuperCard's new game mode (Ring Domination) is absolute poo poo.

Also, is there an active goon group/faction?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

Once you're going well than you can do no wrong, if you start losing momuntum then you can do no right.

Yeah, I felt like the changes in this version did make starting out as a small promotion harder/more realistic feeling, but once I got close to the top it was still way too easy.

I'm almost tempted to do a couple of months of bad shows in a row just to see if I can put myself into a death spiral and collapse and see how bad that gets

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Julio Cruz posted:

Also, is there an active goon group/faction?

RD has been in for months. Goon group is lljk

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/17/wwe-2k18-hands-on-6-changes-that-create-a-more-realistic-match

ign writes about playing the new 2k game. they re-introduced the carry system from SVR 07.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also there are now 12 different forms of interference, which is strange but hey you gotta do something with your life.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Julio Cruz posted:

There, that's better.

ribtstu posted:

ign writes about playing the new 2k game. they re-introduced the carry system from SVR 07.

Oh, good, because that worked so well the first time around.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ribtstu posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/17/wwe-2k18-hands-on-6-changes-that-create-a-more-realistic-match

Oh you mean the thing nobody liked in the first place because it slowed the matches down to an insane degree and also because it was easy to abuse the gently caress out of.

More troubling is the fact that nobody's mentioning whether or not they took out the rollout system from 2k17, so that's probably still there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

More troubling is the fact that nobody's mentioning whether or not they took out the rollout system from 2k17, so that's probably still there.

Yeah, because multi-man matches being giant cluster-fucks where you can't get a pin was SOOOOOO fun.

I genuinely don't understand what people want from these games when they bitch about the jank, but then bitch about the anti-jank features too...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gaz-L posted:

I genuinely don't understand what people want from these games when they bitch about the jank, but then bitch about the anti-jank features too...

The problem is that when Yuke's adds something in what is ostensibly an attempt to fix something that's janky, it winds up breaking eighteen different things elsewhere.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

quote:

Another new feature added, meant to enhance both gameplay and story, is the notion of the quick pin - the idea that one player can land a schoolboy roll-up or a crucifix-style leverage pin, ending a bout quickly, just like the matches on TV sometimes. To aid this, there are now 12 different new match interference scenarios - from run-ins to walk-ins to just entrance music blaring - that will create a targeted distraction and open up a quick pin window. After the bell, the loser, still with full energy, will then have the option of beating down whoever it was that just scored the "fluke win."

at last I can replicate the true experience of WWE television

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, because multi-man matches being giant cluster-fucks where you can't get a pin was SOOOOOO fun.

personally I want viscera

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I'd rather they fix late match selling instead of creating a system of forced helplessness where you spend 30 seconds just chilling out on the outside because you got chop-blocked once, waiting for some bullshit meter to refill.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 17, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

Players will also find that kicking out has gotten a little trickier. One thing that avid franchise fans noted, coming out of 2K17, was that it was too easy to predict when to click the X or A button to prevent a pinfall. Now the kick-out window placement is not only harder to predict, but the speed of the rotation quickens depending on the strength of the executed move. It's these kinds of little changes and updates, whether done at the behest of casual fans or hardcore ones, that all work together to create a more rounded wrestling experience.

oh boy just what (nobody) asked for

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Yeah oof that kickout thing sounds bad. If it really works the way they describe it's gonna make for some stupid online matches.

Those "carry" moves could be some dumb fun. "Ultimate Control" grapples had problems but I liked how you could use them to throw people out of the Rumble (had to use up a finisher I think?); hopefully they retain that aspect at least.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

oh boy just what (nobody) asked for

It did get ridiculous when you hit 19 finishers on someone in ranked but because they had the timing frame-perfect, they'd still always kick out.

Tato posted:

at last I can replicate the true experience of WWE television

Joking aside? Yes. That's the goal of these games, and if you're going in wanting something else? Then yes, you'll be disappointed, in much the same way that if you go into PUBG expecting Overwatch that you'll be disappointed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MP3 support in FirePro tomorrow? gently caress yes. Finally I can have the Seinfeld theme blare on the speakers when my guys come to the ring. I love the devs, they've been great about taking everything possible to heart. Doesn't sound like we'll ever get ladder match but my next most wanted feature is absolutely a "true" royal rumble mode.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Gaz-L posted:

Joking aside? Yes. That's the goal of these games, and if you're going in wanting something else? Then yes, you'll be disappointed, in much the same way that if you go into PUBG expecting Overwatch that you'll be disappointed.

I think a better analogy would be H1Z1. It's a game built on a MMO engine that they're trying to transform into a shooter since King Of The Kill became so unexpectedly popular. 2K is trying to shift to a more realistic approach but it's still the weird arcadey Smackdown engine underneath it all. Kind of like how Daybreak keeps launching new maps and stupid costumes instead of addressing the gameplay issues that come from using their weird broken engine...2K keeps 'upgrading' the graphics and adding all these weird unfun mechanics in the name of realism without addressing any of the core issues.

DLC Inc posted:

MP3 support in FirePro tomorrow? gently caress yes.

Later tonight. Around the same time they did the Twitch stream yesterday.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Like the fact that the Royal Rumble has been the most boring goddamn thing for 12 straight games now. They added all these animations were people can get clotheslined out of the ring or reversed and dumped that way and it only applies during a regular match. I would rather go back to wild rear end rumbles that end in 10 minutes as opposed to the meters and quick time event based pushing simulator that takes like 40 minutes to complete and is fun for none of that time.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 17, 2017

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

remusclaw posted:

Like the fact that the Royal Rumble has been the most boring goddamn thing for 12 straight games now. They added all these animations were people can get clotheslined out of the ring or reversed and dumped that way and it only applies during a regular match. I would rather go back to wild rear end rumbles that end in 10 minutes as opposed to the meters and quick time event based pushing simulator that takes like 40 minutes to complete and is fun for none of that time.

Yep! They say they're working on the rumble this year, but I doubt it will be simple like the old days. I watched every NL rumble apart from the post HCTP ones to current (well, skipped through to see winners). They're just so dull and lumbering.

Surely with 8 men in the ring this year, they're gonna have to do something!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I like how the NL rumble of the last Smackdown game to allow 8 people in the ring at a time also had people enter every ten seconds and still there was never a point where more than six wrestlers were in the ring because eliminations were happening so fast.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Fire Pro patch is live

quote:

Version 0.9005 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

NEW EDIT FEATURE: Custom Music Importer
- Set custom BGM for matches and wrestler entrances
- Supported file formats: .mp3, .wav, .ogg
- NOTE: Do not add/delete music files with the game running as it may cause issues.
- Please close the game before modifying music files.
- Place music files into the following directory: (Assuming you didn’t change the location of Steam’s installation folder)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FPW\BGM

NEW MODE: S-1 Rules Mode
This mode is played with rules that don’t allow grappling. Only striking attacks can be used and the match is decided by Knockout. The match is played as a single match.
Special Rules:
- No grappling/submission.
- No running inside the ring
- MMA fight styles receive large damage bonus to strikes.

Resolution Options Added
- When launching in Windowed Mode, you may select window size options based on the size of your monitor.

Edit Mode Improvements
- When you select an existing part layer, the parts list now defaults to the current part instead of returning to the beginning of the list.
- Added new filters to parts list menu.
- With the parts list menu open, pressing Y(Xbox)/Triangle(PS4) toggles between the parts list and filter window.
- With the cursor over a layer, pressing X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) deletes the current part.
- With the parts list menu open, pressing LB/RB(Xbox)/L1/R1(PS4) cycles through pages of parts.
- Loading icon added to parts list menu.
- [Mouse/keyboard]With a part selected, right clicking cancels the selection.
- Previously, selecting a base part with additional part layers when all layers were already filled would cause a confirmation message to display. This confirmation message has been removed and the additional parts will not be added..
- Improved cursor movement when selecting a part. Pressing the right corner moves the cursor down a layer, and pressing the left corner moves the cursor up a layer.
- Revised order of body parts from the pulldown menu.
- [New order]Face > Chest > Waist > Upper Arm > Forearm > Hand >Thigh > Calf >Feet
- Revised filter font size and order.
- Multiple filters may be applied simultaneously.
- When selecting a color, pressing the confirmation button/right click closes the color picker.
- Added SFX when closing color picker.
- When selecting a color, you can now move the cursor diagonally with arrow keys.

Mouse Menu Support Added
- Certain windows (such as the task bar) still lack support. We plan to patch this in a future update.

Gameplay
- Fixed bug where Ukemi was not providing a spirit and attack boost.

Wrestler Parts
- Revised issue where Calf > Bear parts were darker than bear parts for the rest of the body.

New Moves
- Counter: Flapjack
- Jump From Post: Diving Cutter
- Front Grapple (Big): Final Power Bomb
- Opponent Down - Face Down, Near Head: Arm Hold Dangerous Knee Kick

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 18, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
In retrospect Bayley vs. Onita may not have been a good choice for my first S-1 match.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Can I move CAWs over from Retired to active in batch transfers yet?

If not, I'm still out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I was sooo excited for MP3 support, until I realized you can't edit CAWs you download without duplicating them....