Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
idg this splat Tim poo poo is it just dumb meme poo poo for babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Nope, Octoboy refers to a French Youtuber. This is how fame in the 21st century works with kids.

Darn kids and yer you tubes

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

dragon enthusiast posted:

idg this splat Tim poo poo is it just dumb meme poo poo for babies

https://twitter.com/McBedtime/status/628207062242099200

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Thinking about a splatoon tattoo, should it be splat tim y/n

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I appreciate this btw

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

played for about two hours on salmon run, had a nice relaxing time and went up to 350 profreshional. good job teams

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what all the regional variants for Booyah! are. I know in Japanese it says Nice! instead.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

It was in C rank, but man winning a splatzone 3v4 is a great feeling. Especially when you manage to flank their entire team and kill all 4 of them at once with the octobrush. Best brush.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

inferis posted:

Thinking about a splatoon tattoo, should it be splat tim y/n

Booyah! :yeah:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Had a match in Splat Zones just now in which the enemy team took the lead by 1 point with about 3 seconds on the clock, I just barely managed to take control of the zone before time ran out and we managed to hold on and get the lead back in overtime. That was so scary.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Nope, Octoboy refers to a French Youtuber. This is how fame in the 21st century works with kids.

Thanks guys, how was I supposed to know these things without asking you! Thought they might be a splatoon 1 referencei didn't get

I get the woomy one as I am female and my squid kid also identifies as such so I know the noise you speak of.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tempura Wizard posted:

https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/898471431356297217

The Squiffer drops tonight. Comes with Point Sensors and Ink Armor.

A short-range, fast-charging, one-shotting sniper rifle... fuuuuck. Good snipers just got way gooder.

In Training posted:

We'd all be better off forgetting it ever happened

Yea I honestly couldn't wait for Splatfest to end so I could stop playing Shifty Station. Did not care much for that map.

I also wouldn't mind just one new Salmon Run map. Those can't be hard to churn out.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 18, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There's apparently two more Salmon Run maps based on datamining

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Salmon Run really needs new maps

Also gently caress yeah Squiffer, I hope we get the New Squiffer at some point with Ink Mines like in the first game. Loved that piece of poo poo floor cleaner!!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/jenn_raye/status/898552314197401601

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

dragon enthusiast posted:

There's apparently two more Salmon Run maps based on datamining

Unless they are very different from the current maps, I'm hoping that they have something else in mind for SR updates too. Having different maps is nice certainly but the current two maps don't play that differently.

Also, somehow pubbies at Profreshional still can't sit next to the egg basket during Glowflies, even tho the current map has perfect platform for it. At least on the ship there's no clear marker on where exactly you want to stand. Sub 100 Profreshional is the true Elo hell because you get people who can reach 100 Overachiever but aren't really ready for Profreshional. Kidding but I do feel like the difficulty jump from Overachiever to Profresh is a bit too high.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Tempura Wizard posted:

https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/898471431356297217

The Squiffer drops tonight. Comes with Point Sensors and Ink Armor.

Yessssssss

This thing was my main in the first game and I was resigned to waiting weeks for it

e:

bizarre deformity posted:

Salmon Run really needs new maps

Also gently caress yeah Squiffer, I hope we get the New Squiffer at some point with Ink Mines like in the first game. Loved that piece of poo poo floor cleaner!!

The New Squiffer was also leaked, with autobombs and the Baller. No mines, but those only do 30 damage now, which is kind of irrelevant to a one-shot weapon.

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 18, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got bumped down to B+ rainmaker and it's disgusting how much easier this is

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I have amazing luck with shirts, just rolled 3 ink saver mains on a not-Splash Mob hoodie with just one drink ticket

Wish I had that kind of luck for shoes...

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jesus Christ, s+ is like an order of magnitude increase in difficulty from s. I am not good enough for this at all

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Also nice to see that people still afk through ranked matches for some reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody seen a cool shirt with Sub Saver Main? Or Shoes would work

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The black biker jacket has sub saver as a main

I just had the Aiden phenomemenon and he had the lowest kills in my game

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 18, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's some fresh sneakers on the app with sub saver for the next eight hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was laughing my rear end off this whole game

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I got a triple kill with the Tenta Missiles at the very start of a rainmaker match while everyone on the enemy team was busy bursting the bubble. This won us the game. :laffo:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

I got a triple kill with the Tenta Missiles at the very start of a rainmaker match while everyone on the enemy team was busy bursting the bubble. This won us the game. :laffo:

I love how people are completely entranced by the bubble

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

Anybody seen a cool shirt with Sub Saver Main? Or Shoes would work

Hero snowboots have sub saver.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I finally bought the rapid blaster last night and went right into rainmaker with it. Hooooly poo poo this gun is my jam. I feel like I trade kills a lot less because most of the time I can range them and they die quick, but sometimes they get inside my bubble and I have a tough time getting the direct splat. In the latter cases, I try and at least drop a mine before I die, hoping they get hit by the splash for a kind of team-wide haunt.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

Jesus Christ, s+ is like an order of magnitude increase in difficulty from s. I am not good enough for this at all

I think they shove everybody from S+0 to S+99 into the same lobbies which leads to real lopsided results

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

i can't believe this stupid tenta spam build actually got me to S+. :laffo:

I'm really liking the Dualies. Those dodge rolls make those weapons for me. They've gotten me out of so many sticky situations. You can even use them to escape from people camping your super jump point if you're lucky enough.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

i can't believe this stupid tenta spam build actually got me to S+. :laffo:

I'm really liking the Dualies. Those dodge rolls make those weapons for me. They've gotten me out of so many sticky situations. You can even use them to escape from people camping your super jump point if you're lucky enough.

I'm surprised you didn't do this with the Squelchers, all the benefits of your build but with more safety. And yes, tenta spam on splat zones/tower is hilarious.

e; I need to play a game with you and order that hat assuming its not a 1* upgraded. I'm having such terrible luck getting Special Charge onto a Tenacity item. Get in discord and join Turf & Chill later!

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 18, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, jerk on my team who just stood on spawn after the other team got an early lead, if you’re just going to give up at least have the decency to disconnect so I don’t get a crack :arghfist:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My team loving sucked that entire last game in Rainmaker.

Until we somehow made it to overtime and one lone teammate rushed it in far enough to win FUUUUUCK YEEEEEEAH

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Several of my team's have had issues on inkblot art academy.

If the other team gets to the centre first, I've had our entire team wipe when the explosion occurs, and then the opposition just run it through uncontested.

I seem to lose evey time on this map.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just got a Switch and I was gonna wait to get this on sale but gently caress it 1 was great and 2 looks like a more fun version in every way. Looking forward to shooting my loads of goo all over kids online

wait poo poo poo poo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why do people refuse to stand next to the basket in salmonid rush rounds? When you stand by the basket you get this;

When you don't you team wipe. Its infuriating.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Am I the only one who record scratches along with Marina when she intros the stages?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Trans positivity memes are such a nice change from the typical attitude towards LGBTI people that I have seen playing online multiplayer games in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Am I the only one who record scratches along with Marina when she intros the stages?

I do it every time.