Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly I would love to rename this subforum Crowdfunding Clusterfuck and just make it about mocking lovely Kickstarters in general.

Seconded, but I ain't poo poo.

Bootcha posted:

I feel like I could make a really cool video about something.

Tease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Upshot is that eventually it'll probably end up in front of a jury explaining why they have copyright on a particular geometry of robot arm; it's a normal shakedown over what *was* considered 'iconic' styles.

To be fair, FASA ripped off Harmony Gold when they published 'Battledroids' because they actually printed their pictures and assumed that Japan wouldn't come a'knocking.

Yeah I mean it's a total shitshow. The history is long and complicated as hell, but the good news is I get to imagine a lawyer standing up in front of a jury and explaining the differences between a Warhammer's SRM6 pack and a Tomahawk's shoulder mounted rocket launcher lol.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tuo posted:

He took the job so there is an ecosystem that lols at CIG in the first place, which he can call himself leader of, and of which he can actually be a signal booster for some funny poo poo that normally would never leave the paywall. It's Derek way of dealing with stuff, and the last thing he can stand is people who are of different opinion to him or do not agree with his way of dealing with things. His typical reaction to these people is to supress them with whatever means he has available. Banning them, badmouthing them etc. That's why he is "the warlord", whatever that means, and that's why I think it's funny, because it's so one-dimensional and like a comic book bad guy.

He feels offendes by CIG because they threw him out as a backer, and his way of badmouthing them is via twitter, helping people to get refunds, and helping media to easily find content for critical articles, while also doing his best to uphold tension in this subject...by all means possible, even by making up poo poo like the constant ELE posts.

As I said, I think it's the icing on the cake. You have CIG on one side, failing to produce a game while pretending they are creating something that will revolutionize everything, while playing every dirty trick in the book to make money off of it. On the other side, you have the outcast critic Derek Smart, flinging poo poo at them. And in between, this endless stream of lols when shitizens and goons interact in one way or another.

It would be boring without Derek, and I agree with him beeing the signal booster for the shitposts in here. Without him, the shitshow would be half as much fun as it is.

If you know anything about me, then you would know that to be patently false. I just don't deal with bullshit, and have a ZERO tolerance threshold for it. Always have. That's where my rep comes from.

We ended in this discussion because, though the clowns below are ALL on ignore, you guys quoting them, makes me see them when I scroll. Which is precisely why I haven't posted (and someone even mentioned it) much these past days, as I've been mostly just scrolling past the worthless drivel.

When YOU (not blocked until now) posted your latest infantile bullshit, I was left with no choice but to respond as I did.

tuo posted:

imo, Derek is the icing on the cake of this whole CIG shitshow. I don't think it would be as funny as it is without him constantly loving up while stealing goon valor and following it up with a puppetmaster-tweet.

Variable 5 posted:

At least you gave proper credit to its creator

Foo Diddley posted:

So of course you repost the messed-up one instead of the corrected one Gorf put up after our nitpicking :cripes:

big nipples big life posted:

How come Derek never credits the people who create all his content? It's a pretty lovely thing to do tbqh

The notion that I should somehow nitpick a meme because Gorf messed up HIS meme, while I get admonished for posting said hosed up meme, is the sort of thing that grates my craw. That's like deleting a Tweet or post because you happened to misspell a word, and you're concerned that people (who are mostly idiots anyway) will somehow judge you for it. Me? IDGAF, and that's just the gist of it. And it wasn't even three weeks ago that Gorf also had to update his Citizen personality chart - three times. And he still got grief for it.

Most of you rear end-clowns don't contribute anything BUT poo poo to this thread, other than incessant poo poo-posting drivel. But this is SA, so there's that. However, most of us content creators who tend to engage in meaningful rhetoric, get to deal with your infantile self-serving inconsequential bullshit routinely because you have nothing worthy of note to contribute, other than usual criticism-laden ejaculatory drivel.

Go gently caress yourself.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 18, 2017

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly I would love to rename this subforum Crowdfunding Clusterfuck and just make it about mocking lovely Kickstarters in general.

oh gently caress yes!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving :laffo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Derek was actually a pretty even handed mod.

Yes I was. And I only ever had to ban two people, Mr Tophat being one of them - regularly.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds good.

Maybe add: It's Never Been Done Before!

D_Smart posted:

Most of you rear end-clowns don't contribute poo poo to this thread, other than incessant poo poo-posting drivel. But this is SA, so there's that. However, most of us content creators who tend to engage in meaningful rhetoric, get to deal with your infantile self-serving inconsequential bullshit routinely because you have nothing worthy of note to contribute, other than usual criticism-laden ejaculatory drivel.

Go gently caress yourself.

Refer to the text underneath my avatar.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'd be down with that for sure. I guess one of us has to brave the admin forum...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Bootcha posted:

Hey guys hope all is well. I spent 9 hours color sorting a giant bin of old legos

Why on Earth would you color sort lego?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

A vending machine is getting it tonight.

XK posted:

Why on Earth would you color sort lego?

Have you met a lego collector?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

At this point honestly Star Citizen would be way more fun to play if they just decided to have a sense of humor about the whole thing and make it satirically stupid and bland instead of just regularly stupid and bland.

Star Citizen as it stands is going to be a horrible dumb bland grey mess filled with "gritty space cowboys" if they ever finish it. It's boring and almost painful to play. It would be way more fun if they just started making fun of themselves and literally had you running around collecting bear asses and poo poo.

A first for mankind, Chris mocaps a Grizzly.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

content creators

lmao, you go gently caress yourself, you don't create poo poo, you just repost it from this thread

also 2 Derek meltdowns in 2 pages, and it's Friday, today is going to be a good day.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.Tophat posted:

Agree with you on this. I'm not looking to topple anyone here. Derek serves a purpose. I'm invested into the comedy of this shitshow, and trying to demean the value of goons isn't really funny, it's just kinda sad. Especially because Derek is a goon now, and a pretty loving goony one at that. And especially when we have quality posters who also have an affect on the star citizen community. Infographics from gorf for example.

Go gently caress yourself. I built this place. You and your 2007 reg date. I was around when this place first showed up, go ask Lowtax or any of the guys who were here since the beginning. I just had to rereg because I lost my original @ix.netcom.com email address access.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

lol Tophat got banned by Derek.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

lmao, you go gently caress yourself, you don't create poo poo

Line of Defense begs to differ.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Go gently caress yourself. I built this place. You and your 2007 reg date. I was around when this place first showed up, go ask Lowtax or any of the guys who were here since the beginning. I just had to rereg because I lost my original @ix.netcom.com email address access.

Well, this is going to end well. :suspense:

Edit: To be fair 2007 regdates are the loving worst.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Did you just try to pull rank with your regdate? Holy gently caress I'm dying here

XK
Jul 9, 2001

lmao this is why we need Derek.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

meltdown

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKrpjJCvpVKzmFHMWTbk

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Laughing about the burndown chart earlier, now into "holy poo poo" mode. For most threads it is unheard of. For this one, it's Friday.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I can't stop laughing right now

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Laughing about the burndown chart earlier, now into "holy poo poo" mode. For most threads it is unheard of. For this one, it's Friday.

...we've got half a pack of smokes, a full tank of gas and we're wearing shades.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mr.Tophat posted:

I can't stop laughing right now

my smiling muscles literally hurt right now

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

A vending machine is getting it tonight.

LOL!!!! Good thing I don't drink soda :grin:

No seriously, it's just bullshit. Instead of just sticking to the mantra of the thread, these loving clowns spend an inordinate amount of time nitpicking and criticizing inconsequential bullshit. As if we owe them some sort of obligation or code of conduct quota that must be met.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
thread good

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

No seriously, it's just bullshit. Instead of just sticking to the mantra of the thread, these loving clowns spend an inordinate amount of time nitpicking and criticizing inconsequential bullshit. As if we owe them some sort of obligation or code of conduct quota that must be met.

I literally do not even know what you're going on about.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

XK posted:

oh god no please don't make him post another meltdown with quotes! Seriously, my sides hurt from laughing, please stop!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

yes please, this so much this.
Just too much to pick from.

My personal favorite is Chronicles of Elyria, the whole game sounds like a major ploy to screw over as much people as possible.
The whole buy tears to extend your life or something.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The ELE came early.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 18, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

XK posted:

People making fun of him in the thread that he created, on the forums that he created (lol @ your 2001 regdate) does not help the serious business of stopping the evil Star Citizen from saving PC gaming.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

tuo posted:

nope, I just spent 30 seconds thinking of the worst things I've seen over the years (mainly java and python ERP applications) and then mangled them into different naming conventions...but somehow my heart tells me the truth is much, much worse (especially after seeing the snippets from bugsmashers)

Well it's loving hilarious. This is my personal fav:
code:
uglySuperGlobalFixer.Instance.getInstanceForCurrentVersion(version_3.0.get_real_version_fix()))
lol getInstanceForCurrentVersion kills me.

I totally agree about Bugsmashers. The best part is their programmers don't seem to know enough about programming to realize the horrific insights they're providing into their clear lack of developer talent. The bugsmashers clown is just so proud that he writes computer code for computer games. They're too junior to realize they're writing code that is neither extensible nor maintainable.

I have always commend CIG for their talented artists. Clearly they have some good UI programmers. But holy gently caress, one glance at a single method of their engine code is like a mic-dropping explanation of SC's horrendous networking, performance, and general lack of any material gameplay progress.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

hi invaders. im ethan bradberry.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You guys aren't poo poo! I've been part of this poo poo since the beginning! Trying to make jokes was never the point when I built this place with Lowtax! You guys aren't poo poo!!!

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

this is a good idea imo

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I'm not owning myself, I'm not owning myself!!! *slowly turns into a blogpost from 2001*

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

There's no 'mantra of the thread' and there's no wider movement. We're all a bunch of idiots laughing at other idiots; The internet makes you stupid. To underline it even further, we don't worry about internet credibility too much. it's one of the reasons why we're feared in games, because taking the piss is far more fun than taking poo poo too seriously.

I ain't poo poo, and I try to keep it that way.

More seriously, take a beat and understand that biting the hook is a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart posted: