Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is the best gb quicklook ever
https://youtu.be/zRrD9cQ4VaA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Found this lying around:

Conversation with my ex:

"I remember those games with jetpacks. There was that Nintendo guy...Metroman."

"I think you mean Megaman...or maybe Metroid?"

"Yeah. Did they have jetpacks?"

"Not really."

"What about Transylvania? Did he have a jetpack?"

"I think...you're thinking of Castlevania. And his name wasn't Castlevania."

"What was it?"

"I can't remember."

"It was Metroman. That must be what I'm thinking of."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on a related note i'm impressed that a google image search for a 20 year old game's boxart returned a loving 2100 pixel tall high resolution image of it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

on a related note i'm impressed that a google image search for a 20 year old game's boxart returned a loving 2100 pixel tall high resolution image of it

vectorman is extremely powerful

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

This is correct.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

credburn posted:

There was that Nintendo guy...Metroman."

credburn posted:

I want these generic knockoff video games on my desk by tomorrow

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

credburn posted:

Found this lying around:

Conversation with my ex:

"I remember those games with jetpacks. There was that Nintendo guy...Metroman."

"I think you mean Megaman...or maybe Metroid?"

"Yeah. Did they have jetpacks?"

"Not really."

"I think...you're thinking of Castlevania. And his name wasn't Castlevania."

"What was it?"

"I can't remember."

"It was Metroman. That must be what I'm thinking of."

I guess we know why they are your ex.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Late to this conversation but this is probably my favorite video game commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N16_VT4v9z8

Or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB4Bfqrrw84

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Only? I don't have a 360...

It's from the early days when Microsoft pretended to care about exclusives and Japanese games. 

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also when Namco started discovering DLC so there's Idolmaster skins for the planes. Although a wiki said they were taken down last year, so oh well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Also when Namco started discovering DLC so there's Idolmaster skins for the planes. Although a wiki said they were taken down last year, so oh well.

Well gently caress AC6 then

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Oh hey, I didn't know Cowcaster was still around. Hey buddy, you beat me like 300-6 using the bizarre melee shield thing in Unreal Tournament 2004 way back in the day. Good times, I guess.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

credburn posted:

Oh hey, I didn't know Cowcaster was still around. Hey buddy, you beat me like 300-6 using the bizarre melee shield thing in Unreal Tournament 2004 way back in the day. Good times, I guess.

holy poo poo that's a throwback

glad to see/meet you again welcome, to chat thread

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Gracemeria-Estovakia storyline in Fires of Liberation is probably tangential at best anyway for the run-up to Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.

Shattered Skies gives you the backstory for Erusea and the geopolitical situation on the Usean continent. Unsung War frames up Osea as the world's superpower and shows why declaring war on them would be catastrophic. (On this front, the Ace Combat 3DS game would be more helpful since that chronicles the first Osean intervention into Usea.) And Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War will probably be important because when it comes to evil conspiracies in Strangereal, the answer is usually Belka did it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love lore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The video from E3 a year (two years?) ago of the gameplay demo of AC7 where they spent like a third of it saying Look how nice these clouds look, and how fun it is to fly through them made me track down the entire series.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'll Wii U in September

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVVG4FCq7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx4ZOn5GViE

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

He's the spergiest most embarrassing guy in our gang, but drat it, he's the best meth-cook you'll ever meet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

I can't get over how fun that shadow of war advert is :D I love stuff like that.
It's insanely good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im so bad at Starcraft 1 but Im glad its free so I can play this classic for the first time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Really Pants posted:

I'll Wii U in September

The October Wii

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Im so bad at Starcraft 1 but Im glad its free so I can play this classic for the first time.

CARRIER HAS ARRIVED

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
*extremely fake russian? accent*

BATTLE CRUISER OPERATIONAL

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want a mod that replAces all the unit chatter with Ace Combat audio

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm here at Gen Con and I found Skies of Arcadia Legends for $80. Is it worth that price and is it good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good but I'm gonna say not worth $80

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't buy a videogame for eighty bucks ya dummy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the most you guys have spent on a video game (including subscriptions/ingame purchases)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chrono Trigger and Earthbound were both $80 I think? Accounting for inflation that would be more like $130 today

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
70€ because new PS4 games just cost that much digitally. Not gonna bother from now on even if physical shipping is slow though because it's just too much for a game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the most you guys have spent on a video game (including subscriptions/ingame purchases)

Idk if it counts but I've spent probably 200+ dollars on Guilty Gear Xrd by owning Sign, Rev and Rev2 on both PS4 and PC

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I bought Xenoblade for more than a hundred the week before GameStop found a bunch of copies or something and it got way cheaper

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Real hurthling! posted:

Man, Dan is so stupid. I'm glad they shipped him far away from the podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Help Im Alive posted:

I spent $100 on some special edition Battlefield 1 package and played it for about a week.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Man, Dan is so stupid. I'm glad they shipped him far away from the podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8

Dan is indeed dumb, but lmao if you think sending him to New York made the bombcast any better.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i spent $70 on the first world of warcraft expansion because all my college friends at the time were huge world of warcraft fans and were all telling me to buy it and they'd powerlevel me and we'd all have an awesome time

i played with one of them once, and by myself a few times more over the first week, then never touched it again, canceling my subscription before the free month was up. it was an incredibly stupid decision on my part.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dark Souls 2 cost me 90 dollars including the DLC packs and it was probably the most disappointing video game purchase I've ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Help Im Alive posted:

I upgraded my pc for witcher 3 so hundreds of dollars

• Locked thread