Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Idk if it counts but I've spent probably 200+ dollars on Guilty Gear Xrd by owning Sign, Rev and Rev2 on both PS4 and PC

Yeah its this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

In Training posted:

Idk if it counts but I've spent probably 200+ dollars on Guilty Gear Xrd by owning Sign, Rev and Rev2 on both PS4 and PC

Same. And stick art I guess.

Edit: When Marvel Heroes started they put a bunch of game money codes in with video cards or something that no one wanted so everyone was selling them super cheap/giving them away. I think I spent like $100-150 on like $1500 worth of game money.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 18, 2017

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the most you guys have spent on a video game (including subscriptions/ingame purchases)

£80 and change for Snake Eater Subsistence

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The most expensive gaming thing I've bought that wasn't a piece of reusable hardware was probably the Halo 3 cat helmet edition.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I spent 500 dollars on Bloodborne

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm here at Gen Con and I found Skies of Arcadia Legends for $80. Is it worth that price and is it good

I see one on eBay that sold recently for $55. I think I paid $40 for it from a goon on SA-Mart, and $80 is ten more than most of the higher sold listings I'm seeing.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the most you guys have spent on a video game (including subscriptions/ingame purchases)

I spent $300 on Bloodstained, all hail king idiot (I mean I don't feel disappointed in what's been shown but I'm not going to pretend throwing $300 at a kickstarter was a wise financial decision).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LawfulWaffle posted:

Man, Dan is so stupid. I'm glad they shipped him far away from the podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8

The Beastcast is much better, actually. And funny enough, I haven't gotten to it yet but I hear in today's episode Dan tells everyone he doesn't understand what fried eggs are or something

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Knack 2 baybeeee

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Up until like two weeks ago Dan had never seen a pineapple in real life. https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/894933434275172352

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm here at Gen Con and I found Skies of Arcadia Legends for $80. Is it worth that price and is it good

yes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Dark Souls 2 cost me 90 dollars including the DLC packs and it was probably the most disappointing video game purchase I've ever made

Conversely, I bought Scholar of the First Sin on sale and I love it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Propaganda Hour posted:

Up until like two weeks ago Dan had never seen a pineapple in real life. https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/894933434275172352

It's a ruse. Dan does this poo poo on purpose and the Beast crew is increasingly tired of it.

https://twitter.com/weirdbonk/status/894943169833553920

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I imagine that spending any amount of time with Dan Ryckert is like spending the night at a friend's house where they have cool nerd toys and if fun to hang out with, but in the morning they put water in their cereal instead of milk. Not because he's lactose intolerant but because he either has never heard of people putting milk on their cereal or thinks that it's gross. Like, off-kilter on a primal level.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I imagine that spending any amount of time with Dan Ryckert is like spending the night at a friend's house where they have cool nerd toys and if fun to hang out with, but in the morning they put water in their cereal instead of milk. Not because he's lactose intolerant but because he either has never heard of people putting milk on their cereal or thinks that it's gross. Like, off-kilter on a primal level.

Actually he has talked about finding cereal milk gross and pouring it down the drain when he's done eating

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

LawfulWaffle posted:

And he pours the water in first, and then the cereal.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One of my friends keeps their peanut butter in the fridge, is that weird to anyone else? y/n?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it's not mass produced processed peanut butter you're supposed to refrigerate it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are other kinds?

It's me, I'm Dan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On a single purchase that was my money and not my parents, probably no more than £44.
Including stuff I pestered them to buy for me SFII Turbo was £75 in 1993 money :gonk:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

There are other kinds?

It's me, I'm Dan

pineapple trees can only be seen in kahuku, or waianae. at least, this is what you tell rear end in a top hat tourists who you'd like to get beaten up for going into the wrong neighborhood

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Dan Ryckert owns completely and anyone who hates him is extremely jealous.

Peace!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I am really jealous of the way he hosed up his vision by lying during eye exams and wearing prescription glasses he didn't need for years

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lets hang out posted:

I am really jealous of the way he hosed up his vision by lying during eye exams and wearing prescription glasses he didn't need for years

wghat

what on earth was his reasoning for lying during eye exams did he not want anyone to know how good/bad his eyes were

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He thought glasses were cool

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm jealous of his Taco Bell wedding.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

He has had LASIK twice and still wears glasses so the damage must have been extreme

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I love/hate Dan. Sometimes he's hilarious to listen to in the same way that it's funny to watch people fall down but other times he's infuriating. I hope it's all an act.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hes good and losing him killed the west cause him making boring jason and idiot brad mad was extremely good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who was the guy who everyone liked that had a heart attack? rich evans?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its actually still funny to listen to brad spend 2 minutes angrily trying to say a sentence over ben and jeff having fun but its too sparse

^^^^Ryan

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
When I listen to the Bombcast I typically have to scrub through 20-30 minutes of DotA talk because it's BORING AS gently caress TO LISTEN TO.

I miss him so much and still think about the podcast they did immediately after he died. I think it's Vinny who has the last words on that one and he says "He would have made a great dad" and you can feel everyone in the room just break down and even now it still makes me tear up thinking about it.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 18, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
GB West has been all about DOTA lately and I hate it

gently caress The International

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

nachos posted:

I upgraded my pc for witcher 3 so hundreds of dollars

Yeah when you put it that way I basically spent $1500 to make Lara Croft's hair render at 60fps 1440p.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dan Ryckert can be cool sometimes but acts autistic as gently caress at other times which is made annoying g by the fact that it's very likely he's acting that just because it amuses him

Watching the full Mario Party 1 video gives you both the best and worst of Dan Ryckert

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Hmmm yes let me calculate how much lil' dromal phrenia spent on Everquest, Everquest Expansions and a monthly subscription to Everquest for years. I'm sure it won't be depressing or embarrassing at all!

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
If nobody has said this I am voting NintenDostoyevsky. Awaiting expectantly the Brothers KaraMariosov...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Med School posted:

Awaiting expectantly the Brothers KaraMariosov...

And its most famous chapter, The Grand Jimquisitor

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My favorite current GB person is probably Vinny though Jeff is still pretty great in all of his dickishness and ocassionally strongly held weird opinions

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jeff's late night live streams where he filters his voice through a guitar pedal is probably the best GB content of 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jay Rust posted:

One of my friends keeps their peanut butter in the fridge, is that weird to anyone else? y/n?
Yeah I refrigerate mine because otherwise the oil separates and eventually you just end up with a solid block of peanut rock by the time you get to the bottom of the jar.

• Locked thread