Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah I refrigerate mine because otherwise the oil separates and eventually you just end up with a solid block of peanut rock by the time you get to the bottom of the jar.

U gotta mix that stuff up m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you use all-natty then yeah it does separate but cold peanut butter is unacceptable so just HTFU and stir.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah I refrigerate mine because otherwise the oil separates and eventually you just end up with a solid block of peanut rock by the time you get to the bottom of the jar.

poo poo, I didn't know this could be prevented through refrigeration. Pro peanut butter strats.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dr Cheeto posted:

U gotta mix that stuff up m8
It still happens!!

Like even just refrigerating is not enough, I usually store the jars upside down for a few days, flip it over and mix it, and then put it in the fridge.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

real gamers just eat the whole jar before it has time to separate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Abby and Ben have actually made me care about and look forward to gb content

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Jeff's late night live streams where he filters his voice through a guitar pedal is probably the best GB content of 2017

GB west has become so bad Jeff has to hide in his basement and disguise his voice to make funny and good content

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Really Pants posted:

This

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
gamers are truly gross

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Really Pants posted:

I suck it out through a straw

Get on my level

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

vinny jeff abby austin + jeff bakalar. it's marvel baby

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Cowcaster posted:

don't buy a videogame for eighty bucks ya dummy

Read in the voice of Steve Brule

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

on a related note i'm impressed that a google image search for a 20 year old game's boxart returned a loving 2100 pixel tall high resolution image of it

thats the power of rotoscoping

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

vinny jeff abby austin + jeff bakalar. it's marvel baby

Austin left, its alex

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm thinking about watching The Defenders this weekend because I liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I never got around to the other two series though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Luke Cage was Okay, the other one was real bad

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm thinking about watching The Defenders this weekend because I liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I never got around to the other two series though

Luke Cage is wildly uneven and Iron Fist is no joke some of the worst TV I've ever watched

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't think refrigeration is supposed to do anything about the peanut butter separating, since the oil isn't hydrogenated it goes rancid faster if you don't refrigerate it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you don't go through a whole jar of peanut butter in a week, then you are eating on casual mode my friend.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Real hurthling! posted:

Austin left, its alex

alex sucks

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/898662658987220995

Kirby has been your friend for 25 years!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Luke Cage is wildly uneven and Iron Fist is no joke some of the worst TV I've ever watched
I have trouble believing that Marvel could somehow produce a less engaging show than Agents of Shield.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Raxivace posted:

I have trouble believing that Marvel could somehow produce a less engaging show than Agents of Shield.

I haven't seen Agents of Shield, because there's no way anything that closely tied to the movies could be good.

Marvel/Netflix TV is good in precisely inverse proportion to how overtly MCU it is.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the only thing i know about agents of shield is that a year or so back after overwatch launched one of the writers was such a fanboy that he gave the villain of the week a bunch of junkrat's voice lines, ostensibly as a "tribute", in reality as a "lovely writer fanboy dork"

at least, i think it was agents of shield, it might've been something like csi or law and order or something

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm sorry but the August/honest pun has caused insane levels of controversy

:( But it sounds close enough when you say it out loud for the pun to work!!

.... :(

e: agents of shield talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_QDFf-WTVw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Agents of Shield got really good, but also because they became less beholden to the movies. The series was meant to be about shield vs hydra spy poo poo but they weren't allowed to acknowledge that hydra existed until the plot twist in Captain America 2 which didn't come out until they were like 12 episodes deep. So the first half of the first season is them spinning their wheels and dropping hints that wouldn't make sense until the twist and it was boring as poo poo, and then after that point it turns into a pretty good like Fringe-style mystery serial

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Marvel/Netflix TV is good in precisely inverse proportion to how overtly MCU it is.

This is true even within Agents of Shield. The first season is crap largely because it was bound to the schedule of the movies, so it kills a lot of time on filler before Winter Soldier comes out and they can drop big plot bombs. The following seasons go further and further from the movies and also get better and better until you have the most recent one where they enter an alternate universe where Hydra won and it's basically Trump's America.

It also ties into video games because one of the main characters is played by Brett Dalton who was also Mike in Until Dawn. You bet I told the game I hated him the most.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FWIW I only got like five episodes into season 1. If the writers/showrunners/etc. fixed some of the problems of the show then good on them.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Raxivace posted:

FWIW I only got like five episodes into season 1. If the writers/showrunners/etc. fixed some of the problems of the show then good on them.

It's not my favorite show or anything but it did get a lot better. I don't blame you for bailing when you did.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I guess I will just jump into The Defenders, I assume they will make it so you don't have to have seen everything before and that Iron Fist guy seems pretty lame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The best/worst thing about the first season is that the character that was horrible and everyone hated in the first half of the season, turns out there was a good reason for that. It doesn't retroactively make the Bad Episodes into Good ones though, its like when video games make jokes about bad design but still make you do the thing they made fun of anyway.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Aww man Mutata you were right this did look really cool.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Agents of Shield got really good, but also because they became less beholden to the movies. The series was meant to be about shield vs hydra spy poo poo but they weren't allowed to acknowledge that hydra existed until the plot twist in Captain America 2 which didn't come out until they were like 12 episodes deep. So the first half of the first season is them spinning their wheels and dropping hints that wouldn't make sense until the twist and it was boring as poo poo, and then after that point it turns into a pretty good like Fringe-style mystery serial

i feel like it takes significant dives when they try splitting up the core cast by having them backstab or swap sides, but yeah it's usually good now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just got a Chaos Emerald and a gold medal on the same level, I am feeling it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM
(Please tell me I get to keep these even if I game over this world, because I only have two lives)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

MS are doing another 'Day One Edition' console for the Xbox One X and are partnering with Doritos to promote it.

They still think it's 2013 and that they are still relevant. As far as i know you could still get Day One standard Xbox Ones on Amazon until recently. You know, the thing that came out in 2013 that no one bought.

I'm convinced the Xbox division has become some elaborate tax scam.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

spudsbuckley posted:

MS are doing another 'Day One Edition' console for the Xbox One X and are partnering with Doritos to promote it.

They still think it's 2013 and that they are still relevant. As far as i know you could still get Day One standard Xbox Ones on Amazon until recently. You know, the thing that came out in 2013 that no one bought.

I'm convinced the Xbox division has become some elaborate tax scam.

Wait so do the Day One standard Xbox Ones still give you a special cheevo upon setting up the console?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of the xbone, Recore is getting a definitive edition. I recall general opinion on it on initial release being that it was alright but had bad performance issues. Is it worth a look if those are fixed?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just got a Chaos Emerald and a gold medal on the same level, I am feeling it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM
(Please tell me I get to keep these even if I game over this world, because I only have two lives)

If you fail the ufo stage and game over it stays failed so youre prolly good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Speaking of the xbone, Recore is getting a definitive edition. I recall general opinion on it on initial release being that it was alright but had bad performance issues. Is it worth a look if those are fixed?

Nobody knows. The edition out now is so badly rushed and unfinished the box art contains characters that didnt make it into the game and there are big empty spaces in the menu, and a collectable resource for them. The area they unlock is also completely off limits.

Like 25% of the game was shuttered and hidden for launch.

The game is kinda meh anyway but if that stuff is getting restored its much more attractive than otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So it's more like The-finished(ive) edition then.

• Locked thread