Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Huh. I need to watch that.

Also, I'm pretty sure that a previous attack on Monomi was a reference to HEAVANSU DOOA from Jojo Part 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Junpei posted:

I still can't figure out how to read the letters of Monokuma's latest attack. What does it say? And what is it parodying/referencing?

It's a spiral that starts at the top and goes clockwise. It says 'I ♥ Pudding' and 'Delicious', but I have no idea what it's referencing.

e: thoroughly beaten

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Given how memories have led, like, directly to murder this is some primo slaughter bait on Monobear's part.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"We won't fall for your tricks, Monomi!"
And then they immediately fall for Monomuma's blatant tricks. :ughh: Granted, exploring the new island is inevitable anyway.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wish I could dispense tea and cola from my eyes.

Would be a bitch to clean up but very convenient.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I like how the group is angrier towards monomi, who at least wants them to be happy, and not monobear, who is actively working towards their deaths.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Hey, someone has to be the resident victim of 'comedic' sociopathy now that Mikan is dead.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hey, someone has to be the resident victim of 'comedic' sociopathy now that Mikan is dead.

Nah, they've always been mean to Monomi, even since the beginning, really.

Also, Rurouni Kenshin was one of my favorite manga growing up, and I really like this little nod to it. I burst out laughing the first time I saw it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

FoolyCharged posted:

I like how the group is angrier towards monomi, who at least wants them to be happy, and not monobear, who is actively working towards their deaths.

She is kind of the source of their whole problem, being the person who ostensibly kidnapped and memory wiped them in the first place. Pretty much the only time she's actually helpful to them is when she's not around which makes her highly suspect.

Monokuma's at least honest and straightforward with wanting them to kill each other and setting things up to make that happen :v:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

They could suspect her of being the good cop to Monokuma's bad cop, and find the false niceness even more repellent than Monokuma's openly dickish behavior.

And even with being the most charitable view that she's just genuinely trying to help, she comes across as just staggeringly incompetent from losing control to Monokuma and her subsequent humiliating makeover, horrible sense of timing and lack of spine, and more importantly: how despite her attempts, people keep dying. You don't get an honorable mention ribbon for trying if failure means someone's dead.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I haven't played this game, but it really surprises me that people say it's better than the first one. FPzero is doing a real good job showing it all off, and it seems like it kind of sucks? I guess there's probably lategame stuff that makes people say that, but so far I really don't like the cast or the plot as much as the first game's.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

eating only apples posted:

I haven't played this game, but it really surprises me that people say it's better than the first one. FPzero is doing a real good job showing it all off, and it seems like it kind of sucks? I guess there's probably lategame stuff that makes people say that, but so far I really don't like the cast or the plot as much as the first game's.

You know? Thinking about it, this is exactly how I felt when I first played the game. I remember being a little disappointed in these first few cases as well. It has been a few years now since I last played the game, this is making me wonder if the rest of the game is as good as I remember. I know there are moments in this game that I definitely like better than the first, but I guess I will see if it holds up overall once this is done.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I definetly prefered this game to the 1st one, and its not because of stuff we haven't seen yet.

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

I greatly prefer the first one, I just think it makes a lot more sense and gives better reasons for the murders and such. I mean what have we had so far

First one. Cook. Turns out he was not entirely like how he pretended to be, as a mum loving heavily accented nutjob, so you don't really see it coming much. Eh, whatever, he was a creep anyway and it's only the start
Peko. Ok.. turns out.. she was also nothing like how she pretended to be at all either, and most of her personality you seem to learn about from events was just an outright lie I guess? .. yay?
Third. Mikan. .. .. starting to notice a bit of a trend here y'know. Monokuma infects her with a disease which brings back her memories or something, and essentially renders her a completely different person. Murder physics/timescale bullshit intensifies and starts to strain what thin credulity the game already has given the over the top nature of it

It just never really feels like there are good reasons for half the stuff happening. It all just comes out of the blue and.. I dunno, just feels weird and annoying. Instead of the first one where sometimes their ultimate skills come into play and let them pull off some ludicrous stuff that only they can do, you instead have Mikan, who is apparently the MacGyver of murder and convenient timing, and doesn't use her ultimate nurse ability at all really.. in fact, the very thing that gives her away is when she stupidly tells them a false cause of death and uses her knowledge of heat affecting the time of deaths to.. further incriminate herself?.. that's like the opposite of showing off her expertise

Admittedly some of this is rose tinted glasses, there is some weird crap in the first game as well, but it still just feels a lot more grounded and reasonable most of the time I think. I think I mostly just dislike that practically every trial just involves someone having a complete personality shift.. it's like everyone is trying to be Toko or something

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

There is one chapter in particular which has a pretty amazing mystery/trial that we haven't seen yet.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Yeah, I don't like this game much either compared to the first. Everything has been taken to far over the top. Most characters are just completely over the top nuts, compared to the first game which had a lot more normal-seeming characters. Without enough normal characters around, dealing with people just becomes too tiresome. It also doesn't help that the devs have thrown plausibility for the murders out the window with really absurd timings and impossible feats.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MegaZeroX posted:

There is one chapter in particular which has a pretty amazing mystery/trial that we haven't seen yet.

I'm hugely looking forward to it! I've seen enough of this game that I don't have an interest in buying it to play the rest of it, so I'm looking forward to the rest of it. You're doing a really good job, this LP is excellent.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

But in Peko's case it was mostly an accident. The killing.

Then they tried to cover it up.

I like this game more because of the trial parts. They are mostly better. Consent is a great thing, you know.

I don't like hangman though. I wish it was like normal hangman instead of what this game makes it.

I like the gameplay more. Much more.

I like Hajime and Chiaki a lot. They're my favourite characters.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Blademaster_Aio posted:

But in Peko's case it was mostly an accident. The killing.

Nnnno. Not at all. They sent notes to two people to lure them to the crime scene, drugged one and planned to frame her for the murder they fully intended to commit, and they had a murder weapon on hand. The only "accident" is that Peko leapt out and used the bat to kill before Kuzuryu could reach it.

It's hard to get more premeditated than that.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Chapters 4 & 5 are my favorite in this game, but I can't say they'll completely turn your opinion around on the whole piece. DR2 definitely feels different from the first game, although I will say that as the cast gets smaller there's more time for character moments for them to grow on you.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have almost 0% knowledge of this chapter, so I look forward to the hijinx.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I'm hugely looking forward to it! I've seen enough of this game that I don't have an interest in buying it to play the rest of it, so I'm looking forward to the rest of it. You're doing a really good job, this LP is excellent.

Um, I'm not FPZero who is the one actually LPing the game.

I really appreciate being thanked for doing absolutely nothing though. :v:

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 19, 2017

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MegaZeroX posted:

Um, I'm not FPZero who is the one actually LPing the game.

I really appreciate being thanked for doing absolutely nothing though. :v:

Wow, that sure was dumb. How'd I manage that?

Sorry, FPZero!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Nnnno. Not at all. They sent notes to two people to lure them to the crime scene, drugged one and planned to frame her for the murder they fully intended to commit, and they had a murder weapon on hand. The only "accident" is that Peko leapt out and used the bat to kill before Kuzuryu could reach it.

It's hard to get more premeditated than that.

It's still an accident. Even if they planned it from the start, Peko still jumped in and made the kill herself, which was different from the original plan they had. Basically I meant, that Fuyuhiko was calling the shots but at the end he didn't make the kill. So in that case, while Peko was the killer according to Monokuma's laws, it's not like it was 'because she was completely different' or some such. At any rate, I'm sure they were expecting Fuyuhiko to be the killer and Peko was expecting that too. Except it was her.

I do think, after the overall revelation happens I started seeing this game in a different light, but I'll stop right here.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
You don't understand the definition of "accident" at all.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Yes, Peko just accidentally grabbed the bat and accidentally bludgeoned Mahiru to death with it. Completely unintentional and unpreventable, could've happened to anyone!

e:i don't know what anyone's name is, oops

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 19, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We begin today at the hotel, where we'll quickly examine the cottages of our recently fallen friends.

: Hiyoko...

You were trying to protect the bond between you and Mahiru. Even so...

: ...It's unbearable.

: ...

I wish I could've heard your song again after you got better... Even though your music was...well... Still, you could've become a big star on your own. But...that can no longer...

The Mikan we knew was a fake, and the Mikan who killed Ibuki and Hiyoko was the real Mikan...? And that ending...!

: Mikan, just what in the world did you remember...? Who was that person you called your "beloved"...?

: Time to head to the 4th Island. I tried to go to the 2nd Island and the ancient ruin just to see what would happen, but Hajime won't allow himself to go.

: On the way to the 4th Island, our Pet sends us an update

: Looks like it's getting ready to grow! We'll check in again soon.

: Time to head on over.

The Monobeast that was blocking this bridge has disappeared all of a sudden...

: I've been wondering this for a while, but... How is something as pathetic as Monomi able to defeat a Monobeast?

...No, it'd just be a waste of time to think about something like that. It's useless to think about things that are a waste of time... I've learned that much during my time here.

As I walked across the bridge, I started to see the scenery on the new island on the other side.

: Is this...an amusement park...?

It's like this whole island is one giant amusement park... It looks fun, amazing, exciting, thrilling...

: ...That just makes it look even creepier.

: Welcome to the 4th Island! The music here may be familiar if you read the first LP. It was actually used in the School Mode postgame for DR1 but the tune originated in this game. I believe it's also used in this game's School Mode equivalent.

: There's a few places to explore on this island. Let's start with this Horror House. (When you enter, the entrance card actually calls it "Monomi House." Guess why.)

There's a creepy-looking building that doesn't seem like it belongs in an amusement park...

: ...Is it supposed to be a haunted house?

: I don't really understand it but...this island certainly feels festive.
: If Hiyoko and Ibuki were here... They would have definitely enjoyed this.

: What the hell...is wrong with this island...? Why is this here when they're forcing us to kill each other?
: This is in such bad taste...!

The sign at the top of the building definitely says Horror House but... It's like...whatever building used to be here was converted into a haunted house or something...

: *Sob sob*... *Sob sob*...
: Ever since he took away my Magic Stick, Monokuma has been doing whatever he pleases. I've been reduced to the role of an unwanted child... My influence is weaker than it's ever been... And not just that, look what he did to my house...
: *Sob sob*... *Sob sob*... This is too much...there's nothing good about this at all... If this keeps up, history will remember me as the greatest character to ever become a one-shot punchline.
: Ah, Hajime!? You were here!?
: You didn't notice until now...

: Heheheh... How terrible of me as your teacher to cry in front of one of my students...
: That haunted house over there... Is that your house?
: It was...but Monokuma kept bullying me and it ended up like this.
: Awww, it was supposed to be cute! My house was supposed to be cute!

: Ah, you can't! I understand that you're interested but you cannot go inside!
: Even teachers have a private side that their students aren't allowed to see!
: Also...you're a boy of a certain age. If you come inside, I'll make sure I leave the door open halfway. Otherwise, my mommy won't shut up about it...
: Ha-wa-wa! Wh-What am I saying!? It's just a "what if" scenario, okay!? *leaves*

Anyway, this is Monomi's house...and it's safe to say that we're not allowed inside.

: So it's a waste of time to stay here any longer. I should hurry and go somewhere else.

: Next stop is this huge castle on the island called Nezumi Castle.

The amusement park's castle... It's mouse themed. There's a lot of different things I could say about this building, but I probably shouldn't say anything at all.

: Ah...ahh...ahhhhh...!
: Wh-What...?
: Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Mice are the only thing I can't handle!
: ...Who cares?

: Ugh...ugh...ughhhh...!
: ...You too? You don't like mice either!?
: Well, we're siblings after all... Tee hee...
: N-Nooooo! N-Not mice! I don't like themmmmmm! *leaves*
: Nooooooooooo... Not miiiiiiiiice...! They're gonna chew through my ears...! *leaves*

...What a couple of loudmouths. I feel like my stress level just keeps rising around them.

: Bunch of people to talk to here plus the castle itself to look at, but before we do those things, there's a Hidden Monokuma up on the wall here.

: This building...is full of dangerous areas. I feel like I should say something about it...
: Wow, what a coincidence...I was just thinking the same thing.
: Well, no matter how fancy it is, it's got nothing on Miss Sonia's castle! After all, she's the real deal! Miss Sonia is a 100% pure princess who lives in a 100% pure castle!

Don't talk so confidently about a castle you've never seen before...

: Hey, I was just wondering...
: Is a mere human going to offer his opinion to me, an Overlord? Fascinating, fascinating, you fiend!

: I'll play your game, you rogue. Come, tell me... Try to satisfy my Four Dark Devas of Destruction!
: That's right...those hamsters could probably pass for mice, right? So maybe you can defeat Monokuma and Monomi with your hamsters?
: ...I already told you. Hamsters are merely their temporary form. A fiend like you is incapable of imagining what would happen once they shed their transient guises.
: Kehehe, ignorance is horrendous... That's why it's only interesting to converse with humans once in a while.

He gave some roundabout excuse that makes no sense, but my guess is he doesn't want to put them in danger...

: *Beep-beep-beep...!*
: Hey, are you okay...? There's a strange mechanical sound coming from your body.

No...I guess it's okay. Since he's a robot...it makes sense that he...makes mechanical noises now...

: That sound means I'm feeling emotionally charged right now!
: I-I see... Y-Your body makes noises based on your feelings... Okay...

: Just now...I have activated a new function...
: ...A new function?
: I-Is it flight? Can you finally fly!?
: Now then, prepare yourself!
: Fuooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa...!

: I-It opened!?
: Is that...a clock?
: I'm able to sense the passage of time! I don't even need to look at clocks anymore! Whether it's training, meals, or baths... There's no doubt this feature is useful in a variety of situations!
: Man, it actually comes out of your chest... What are you, a cuckoo clock!?

: A cuckoo clock...? Don't compare me to one of those everyday clocks...!
: This is a highly efficient radio clock!
: ...Radio clock?

: It's a type of clock that received radio signals so it can automatically update the time at fixed intervals. Simply put, it's an extremely accurate clock.
: That's right, it's a clock that will never slow down... It's even designed so that it cannot be adjusted.
: Gahahaha! I have become a Time Lord!
: Well, even if it's an accurate clock, they didn't need to install it inside your body...
: What are you saying!? I don't need to wear a wristwatch ever again! There's nothing more useful than this!

That Monokuma... He's definitely toying with people's bodies...!

: Let's check out this castle.

*Clatter-clatter-clatter...!*

: Huh...it's locked...!

: M-Maybe...a bunch of mice are pressed up against the other side of the door...
: Kyaaaaaa! Just thinking about it is too awful!
: N-Nooooo! Noooooot miiiiiiiiiiice! *leaves*
: Nooooooooooo... Not miiiiiiiiice...! They're gonna chew through my ears...! *leaves*

Anyway... It looks like we can't go in here...

: If anyone doesn't get the joke going on here, "Nezumi" is the Japanese word for mouse. "Mouse Castle," hence the reactions.

: Nothing else to see here so let's keep going.

: The island's not too large. There's only two more places we have to visit.

: Before we could enter the next location however, our Pet has changed!

: Congratulations, it's a Usami!

: To get Usami, you need to have the Hope Meter completely filled by the time your Pet transforms. There's a payoff to doing this as well, so hopefully we'll be able to walk those 2000 steps soon enough. (I might just go walk in circles for a long time, we'll see.)

: Anyway, let's check out the rollercoaster.

There's even a rollercoaster here... Well obviously, since it's an amusement park.

: Rawr, too bad! It's still under maintenance! The ride isn't intense enough yet, so I'm in the middle of powering it up like crazy!
: I don't think you need to do that... It's not like anyone's going to ride this anyway.
: Now now, don't say that! I also prepared a prize for you!

You're planning to bait us with a prize...again...

: Anyway, please enjoy the other attractions first! I'll make sure I finish the maintenance by then! *leaves*

For now, I should come back here after I've checked out the other areas. What am I going to do...? I should think about that when the time comes.

: We'll add that to the list of things to remember. If we look over at the coaster's cars, we'll find our second Hidden Monokuma.

: And on the left side of the station platform is Akane.

: Yahooooo! A rollercoaster! Rollercoasters are the only reason to go to amusement parks! There's nothin' like a good thrill ride!
: Apparently it's still under maintenance, but I'll be first in line to ride it as soon as it's fixed!

: That was it for the rollercoaster. Our last stop is the Funhouse.

It's like a building out of a fairy tale...minus the creepy-looking train... I don't really understand this concept. What kind of attraction is this supposed to be?

: Where are we supposed to find clues about the Future Foundation in an amusement park...?
: How about you? Did you find anything? Like your school profile, maybe?

: Chiaki's also here, barely on the screen if you scroll it all the way to the left.

: I feel like this amusement park is...missing something.
: That's not the problem here.
: I mean, it's supposed to be an amusement park but there isn't even an arcade!
: ...When you go to amusement parks with your friends, do you just ditch them to go play video games?

: No...that's rude. I make sure to choose competitive puzzle games or shooting games that we can all play together.
: Well, if I had any friends, that is.

...Hm?

: I wonder if this train takes us inside the funhouse.

It's supposed to be a cute-looking train, but the design totally ruins it.

: Rawr! Welcome to the Funhouse!
: ...Funhouse?
: With this train I'm conducting, I shall take you all to the funhouse...
: Nonetheless, your body will be crushed asunder by then!
: ...Then there's no way I'm riding that thing!
: Rawr! Rawr! Rawr! You'd never be able to ride it anyway.

: You know, in order to go to the Funhouse, all of you guys have to ride this train.
: ...All of us?
: If you want to try to go to the Funhouse, you gotta assemble everyone here...
: Nonetheless, your body will be crushed asunder by then! *leaves*

This obviously smells fishy. This is clearly a trap...

I've decided I'm never going to ride this thing.

Oh, right. I think it's time I headed over to the rollercoaster...

: Next time, do we get to ride the rollercoaster?

FPzero fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 19, 2017

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Shitimi

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

FPzero posted:

The amusement park's castle... It's mouse themed. There's a lot of different things I could say about this building, but I probably shouldn't say anything at all.

insightful commentary

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FPzero posted:

: If anyone doesn't get the joke going on here, "Nezumi" is the Japanese word for mouse. "Mouse Castle," hence the reactions.

Also, IIRC, the Japanese voice actress for Monokuma provided essentially the same voice for eternally-beloved cartoon cat Doraemon, who was afraid of mice because they had chewed his ears off.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hey, I just made a big edit to the update I just posted to include checking out the cottages of the most recently dead students. I forgot to put it in earlier. It's right at the start of the update and isn't very long so if you want to read a little bit of extra flavor text, feel free to go back and check it out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A mouse-themed amusement park? What kind of insanity will the game come up with next??

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Sindai posted:

A mouse-themed amusement park? What kind of insanity will the game come up with next??

:catstare:

Gonna man up and admit I didn't think of that.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
So whatever happens next, Mechamaru's infallible clock is going to be important somehow.

The mouse thing also seems too noticeable to just be a reference.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

So whatever happens next, Mechamaru's infallible clock is going to be important somehow.

The mouse thing also seems too noticeable to just be a reference.

It means there's an area that's not monitored.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You don't understand the definition of "accident" at all.

Sorry, sorry. My bad.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Double Punctuation posted:

It means there's an area that's not monitored.

I'm getting annoyed at Hajime because that's the immediate and first thing I thought of, and it's just not clicking with him at all.

The obvious thing seems to be to try and talk and plan away from Monokuma, though with these kids it might just be that someone gets murdered in there. The clock that can't ever be adjusted will obviously also be important. I really like everyone else that's left, though. :(

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
The roller coaster feels like it's going to be involved in either the next murder, or as the next punishment.

Also seconding that Mechamaru's clock is going to be involved somehow. Feels like revealing the clock at breakfast and then the tea/soda dispensers at the 4th island would have hidden that better. Then again, who knows? Maybe the tea and soda will be important. Somehow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. So... who actually built this place? It doesn't seem right that Usami or Monobear would build such a large structure that they hated everything about.

I suppose it really is the Future Foundation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Time to ride the rollercoaster.

: ...Everybody here?
: Hey, want to know something cool? According to Monokuma... We'll all get a treat if we ride that rollercoaster together.
: I-I'm not riding that thing! Didn't I tell you!? I get crazy carsick!

: Rawr! Welcome!
: Welcome to the main attraction of this amusement park, the Great Ultra-Delicious Coaster!
: Is it really true that we'll get a prize for riding this?
: Suuuure thing!
: What's...the prize?

: Aw no! That's the surprise for after you ride this!
: Hey...do we really all have to ride this together...?
: Didn't I tell you already? Are those ears for decoration?
: No! I'm not gonna do it!

: Now now, it's gonna be fine! Thrill rides are sweeeeeet!
: Everyone who likes them always says that! But I already know that they're not fun at all!
: But...there's a possibility that the prize is gonna be those ship parts, you know?
: Th-That...that might be true but...

: Might I ask...where will this ride take us?
: It won't take us anywhere. It's just gonna circle around and come back here.
: What...is the meaning behind that?
: ...You fiend, have you never gone to an amusement park?
: I am embarrassed to say that we do not have these in my country.

: I see...I've only gone to an amusement park once during my childhood...
: But it was an amusement park in hell filled with man-eating demons!
: Huh!? There are amusement parks in hell!?

: I have never heard of such a thing! By all means, please allow me to accompany you next time!
: Don't do it, Miss Sonia! That guy has a habit of lying!
: The entrance fee is the blood of a virgin! I shall offer up your blood as tribute!
: Oh...that is a shame... It seems my blood cannot be used as the entrance fee.
: Huh? Wait, does that mean...Miss Sonia!?

: Hey everyone... It's just going to be a waste of time if we stand around like this...
: Why don't we just try riding it?
: H-Hold on! Wh-Why do we have to "just try riding it"!?
: ...Nekomaru, can I leave this to you?

: LEAAAAAAAAAAAVE IIIIIIIT TOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
: S-Stop it! Stop it...please, lemme go!
: LEEEEEET MEEEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But despite his desperate struggling, Kazuichi got stuffed into the rollercoaster...

No Music.

: All aboard the Great Ultra-Delicious Coaster!

With Monokuma's shout, the rollercoaster took off at maximum speed!

: Yaaaaaahoooooooo!
: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm gonna die...I'm gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!
: Tch...! What overwhelming g-force! It feels like all the screws in my body are going to fly offffff!
: Be still...my heart!
: B-But...this is so much fun!
: I...I...I'm gonna die... Let...me...die...

: All right, we've arrived! How was it? Wasn't that fun?

S-So it's finally over... That was a little...too intense...

: Hey, hey! Let's go on it one more time!
: I agree! Once more!
: No! No friggin' way!!!

: ...Hey, more importantly, where's our treat?
: Oh yeah, right! Here you go! The treat is a file!

: ...Huh!?

Th-This symbol...!

It's the same symbol...that's on the door of the ancient ruin!

If so, this file must be...

: ...A file from the Future Foundation! Will we be able to find out who they are if we look at this!?
: ...Is it all right if I check inside?
: Sure thing, so whatever you like!

We gathered around Nagito as he received the file...and stared at him intensely as he carefully turned the pages.

"Hope's Peak Academy ironically became the site for the killing school life. The mastermind behind the plan locked the students inside the academy and forced them to kill each other. The students who were pushed to their limit eventually reached a state of heightened paranoia. And that's how the killing began.

"The killings committed by those students lasted several days. But at a certain point, the curtain suddenly fell. A group of students united and staged a counterattack against the mastermind, who paid with their life."

"With this, the six students who survived were able to escape the academy."

: Hey, aren't these photos on the left...photos of the six people who survived?
: Then...what does this mean?
: Why is...he in this photo?

I looked down at where Nagito was pointing...

: Huh!?

He was much thinner, as if he was an entirely different person...but he looked exactly like someone we knew.

The Ultimate Affluent Progeny...Byakuya Togami... He looked exactly like him, the first victim on this island.

: Th-This definitely...looks like Byakuya...
: Why is Byakuya's photo in here!?

: Th-This...what does this mean?
: Like...what's this killing school life that they're talking about!?
: It looks like the killings we're involved in resemble this set of killings that happened before... And...that took place inside Hope's Peak Academy.

: Hold on...did these hosed up killings actually happen inside *the* Hope's Peak Academy? That's not possible! There's no way the teachers or the police would let that happen!
: However...what if the Future Foundation--World Ender--was the one who initiated this?
: You mean that organization was the one who took over Hope's Peak Academy then!?
: Th-That's not possible! How stupid!

: If Byakuya were still alive, we would've been able to learn the details of this... How unfortunate.
: However...we lost our memories, correct? That should have applied to Byakuya as well. Also...Byakuya never said a word about such a past actually existing...
: ...Well, he was killed before he could.

So he became the first victim before he could tell us about any of this...?

Ah, perhaps...that's what Byakuya was planning to talk to me about...

: I cannot talk to others about my past... I suspect that my skeptical nature is partly to blame. Distrusting others...and being distrusted in turn... For a long time, my life has been a living hell.

Was he...specifically referring to this killing school life...?

: Anyway...as long as Byakuya is no longer with us, we have no choice by to ask Monokuma... How does the killing school life that occurred at Hope's Peak Academy relate to this island?
: The only thing I can say is...

: All the answers are in your school memories that were taken away!
: Then give them back! Give those memories back to us!
: No no, the Future Foundation took your memories, and I can't do anything about it in my current state.
: Regardless, it's unforgivable...! I will never forgive those who try to trample hope... They should all be destroyed...!
: Argh! This isn't making sense again! How loving annoying!

: Whatever man, just lemme go back home! Where the hell are the ship parts!?
: Oh, who knows? They should be somewhere on this island.
: I have searched this island once through...but I did not find ship parts anywhere.
: No...the Funhouse should still be left.

: Based on what I've heard...it seems we cannot access it unless we're all gathered together, correct?
: Ding ding! Cooooooooorrect! That's right, the treats you can't find are alllllll hidden inside the Funhouse!
: Then the ship parts should be there too, right!?

No, not just the ship parts... If he means "all" the treats... That also includes...our Hope's Peak Academy student profiles... Which means a clue about my talent should be there too.

It might be a trap... It might be a trap, but...

But... It's like we're already caught in a trap. Then...

: Everyone...let's go... Let's try going to the Funhouse...!

: I see...is that really all right? The Funhouse is that creepy-looking building, right?
: But...we have no other choice. I mean, we might be able to obtain the ship parts if we go there!
: ...And learn the secret of Hajime's talent too.

: Fine... I think we should listen to Hajime and head over to the Funhouse as well.
: Puhuhu, looks like you guys have decided.
: I have things to prepare so I'll be going first! I'll see you later! *leaves*

: I'm not really on board with this idea but... If everyone says they're gonna go, I guess I have no choice. I guess I have to go with everyone.
: Plunging yourself into a trap is an act of sheer madness...
: Fuhahaha! That's what makes it truly interesting!
: Then it's decided...!

Maybe it's because we were shown a new mystery from that Future Foundation file but...I was panicking.

I couldn't keep still after being forced to see more mysteries that didn't make sense. I felt like...I didn't even care if it was a trap. And because of that panic, I completely forgot...

Monouma's traps are always...far beyond our imagination...

...I completely forgot about that.

: I just need to...get on this train, right...?

: Well, there's really no need to be cautious. It's not like it's gonna speed up, drop, fly, or anything else.
: I-I'm gonna believe you this time, so you better be telling the truth!
: Allllll right! Let's goooooo!

: Ladies and gentlemen! This train is heading toward the Funhouse! Allow me to guide you all to the world of surprises on this train that runs toward glory. Please be careful of where you step. Also, it's dangerous to stand up all of a sudden!
: ...Well, it's not like you have time to do that.

*Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst!*

: Wh-What the helllllllllllllllllllll!?
: ...I-Is this gas!?
: D-drat it... This was...definitely a trap...

As soon as that white smoke surrounded us... Our bodies...started to feel soft, like mollusks... Our brains felt like they were starting to melt into a puddle of mush...

And...in the end, we lost consciousness.

• Locked thread