Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Working on his doggertation.

I was watching something on YouTube. Maybe a dog rescue video. And Monty was really interested. So I put my glasses on him and let him watch.

Thread delivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Free dog to a good home. Will. Not. Stop. Farting. It's been so bad. I seriously left the room.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Will. Not. Stop. Farting.

turns out monty and i are soul mates? :monocle:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Free dog to a good home. Will. Not. Stop. Farting. It's been so bad. I seriously left the room.

I think he looks thinner without the collar.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's hot as hell here in TX, so in an effort to cool down at least mentally, I'm reliving our winter experience from a 2013 vacation. There were dogs involved, so you win too!

We went to Mont Tremblant in Quebec, Canada, where we experienced dog sledding at Expedition Wolf. They're a very cool sled dog rescue/refuge. Here are a few of their dogs before we started:

My wife was very worried that this might turn out to be an exploitative thing and warned me she'd bail if it looked that way, but the people in charge were super kind and the dog lived for that poo poo. We got to take them from their housing to the sleds. The handlers made sure to give me a yesyesyesgogogohurryhurryhurry dog who nearly pulled my arm off and a shy one to my tiny wife:

I have only one decent action shot handy:

Observations and things you just don't expect:

- The dogs love this. I mean, once they realized what was happening (there are people coming! we get to run!) they started losing their minds with excitement.
- They'll run and pee, which is... different. Then again, it's not like they can stop to lift a leg while pulling a sled.
- Sometimes they'd launch themselves into snowbanks when stopped. I presumed it was to cool down? Hilarious to watch.

After, we got to visit the puppies they had on site. Some were rescues, others were born there, including some that were apparently sired by a wolf that broke into the enclosure and got busy with a lady dog. Or they just tell that to tourists, who cares -- the dang pups are super cute:

If you get a chance to do this -- especially when part of a place like Expedition Wolf -- take it!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Trabant posted:

It's hot as hell here in TX, so in an effort to cool down at least mentally, I'm reliving our winter experience from a 2013 vacation. There were dogs involved, so you win too!

We went to Mont Tremblant in Quebec, Canada, where we experienced dog sledding at Expedition Wolf. They're a very cool sled dog rescue/refuge. Here are a few of their dogs before we started:

My wife was very worried that this might turn out to be an exploitative thing and warned me she'd bail if it looked that way, but the people in charge were super kind and the dog lived for that poo poo. We got to take them from their housing to the sleds. The handlers made sure to give me a yesyesyesgogogohurryhurryhurry dog who nearly pulled my arm off and a shy one to my tiny wife:

I have only one decent action shot handy:

Observations and things you just don't expect:

- The dogs love this. I mean, once they realized what was happening (there are people coming! we get to run!) they started losing their minds with excitement.
- They'll run and pee, which is... different. Then again, it's not like they can stop to lift a leg while pulling a sled.
- Sometimes they'd launch themselves into snowbanks when stopped. I presumed it was to cool down? Hilarious to watch.

After, we got to visit the puppies they had on site. Some were rescues, others were born there, including some that were apparently sired by a wolf that broke into the enclosure and got busy with a lady dog. Or they just tell that to tourists, who cares -- the dang pups are super cute:

If you get a chance to do this -- especially when part of a place like Expedition Wolf -- take it!

Those are some good dogges.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
More doggos please. It has been that kind of week.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pretty sure that pup was turned by the Night King. Only a bone made from valyrian steel or dragonglass is worthy of that white walker pup.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I think what that pup really needs are some scritches. :3:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

MY GIRLFRIEND took foster dogge back to the shelter. she had a friend who was totally on board to adopt her, but friend's landlord turned out to be breed-ist against pit bulls. but im not worried because she is one of the nicest dogs in the world and im sure she will find a home soon

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Took Monty to the park. Not the dog park but the playground park. He got scritches from like 15 kids and felt like a little celebrity. One of the kids says she is scared of dogges but after some of her friends pet Monty she pet Monty and he gave her kisses on the hand. Hopefully he helped her get over her fear a little bit!

Also your friends landlord sucks. I had to lie about Monty's breed but I think the landlords kind of turn a blind eye because I see a lot of restricted breeds here. Probably an insurance thing.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
https://gfycat.com/ifr/BlankCarelessHairstreakbutterfly

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Sproing sproing BOING lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Also your friends landlord sucks. I had to lie about Monty's breed but I think the landlords kind of turn a blind eye because I see a lot of restricted breeds here. Probably an insurance thing.

It's not an insurance thing.

Since your dog is your property, you're liable for anything it bites, chews or shits on. Pretty easy logic, right? And renter's or homeowners insurance can sometimes cover damages, if it's part of your policy.

The "NO XXXX BREED PURE OR PART" poo poo is always tossed around here. At least my place didn't make me get a DNA kit to prove Frank's not whatever. Doesn't matter anyhow, I have my "crazy person needs dog" letter.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I for one would like an apartment with a Monty

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've been out of bed since 815.

Monty is still in bed sleeping.

I'm downstairs being quiet so I don't wake him.

I'm being quiet so my dog can sleep.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Sleep tight pupper!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

This is basically my life.

Do you guys ever just stare at your sleeping puppers and feel like everything's good for a few minutes?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's not an insurance thing.

Since your dog is your property, you're liable for anything it bites, chews or shits on. Pretty easy logic, right? And renter's or homeowners insurance can sometimes cover damages, if it's part of your policy.

The "NO XXXX BREED PURE OR PART" poo poo is always tossed around here. At least my place didn't make me get a DNA kit to prove Frank's not whatever. Doesn't matter anyhow, I have my "crazy person needs dog" letter.

This varies state to state, and in some cases it is an insurance thing. Take Florida, for example. You have standard strict liability for a lot of dog related things, however if you have signs posted that use the words "bad dog" and have taken reasonable measures to restrain the dog you may not get in trouble for a bite.

Homeowners policies here in Florida can absolutely restrict the size/breed of dogs if they're rental policies. When the owner of my former house died and the property went to his daughter (who was the landlord anyways) she had to get a new insurance policy. It was a difference of multiple hundred a month for a policy that restricted dogs to under 25 lbs vs one that didn't and each policy had breed restrictions.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Wasabi the J posted:

This is basically my life.

Do you guys ever just stare at your sleeping puppers and feel like everything's good for a few minutes?

All the drat time

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

A local rescue is having an event across the street from my apartment. It's just like 25 doggos all chilling out on the sidewalk stopping traffic to get all the slurps and scritches.

I told one of the volunteers "I can't adopt anyone because I'm going to the airport in 30 minutes but I'm just gonna go down the line and pet every dog" and she was all "Yeah. Totally."

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
One of the animal shelters near me is hosting a empty the kennel event this weekend.

Where I'm at won't allow pets.

I donated money and supplies instead.

edit

msn clickbait

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...gcRc?li=BBnbfcL

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 19, 2017

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Man, I wish I had this problem. Tarkus wakes up every morning at 5 AM sharp, maybe 5:15 if I'm lucky. After his 5 AM pee he'll usually go chill in his chair in the living room though for an hour or so. If breakfast is any later than 6:30 though he lets me know about it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The "I'm fat but don't care" face

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Tried to find the tweets, but WeRateDogs and CuteEmergency is holding a massive adoption campaign for shelter animals through the weekend.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Honestly, you take her somewhere new and what does she do? Just sits there sticking her tongue out:dogge:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Car trip!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

What do you want Monty

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Syrian Lannister posted:

One of the animal shelters near me is hosting a empty the kennel event this weekend.

Where I'm at won't allow pets.

I donated money and supplies instead.

edit

msn clickbait

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...gcRc?li=BBnbfcL

Paws?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
ADOPT Naperville and Naperville Area Humane Society

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 20, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Syrian Lannister posted:

ADOPT Naperville and Naperville Area Humane Society

Naperthrill!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

mrmcd posted:

A local rescue is having an event across the street from my apartment. It's just like 25 doggos all chilling out on the sidewalk stopping traffic to get all the slurps and scritches.

I told one of the volunteers "I can't adopt anyone because I'm going to the airport in 30 minutes but I'm just gonna go down the line and pet every dog" and she was all "Yeah. Totally."

the old guy with the cart is so pleasantly surprised hahaha. "oh holy crap, a bunch of dogs!"

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

And then the eye trick

Edit for sleepy pupper time

PenisMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 20, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
https://twitter.com/FuckBoats/status/898929174085341186

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

When your best friend gets along with your other best friend.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The Eclipse was kinda cool. My bosses dog is cooler

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/fYNU5

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CU7C05ISvw

Sometimes my job is fun

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Here's a really loving good coldwater dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltNfIA5kzt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Facebook reminded me that today is the seven year anniversary of when my girlfriend and I rescued a puppy in Egypt.

We found her wandering along this busy road, with an overturned cardboard box lying nearby indicating that some rear end in a top hat had just thrown her in the box and left her there. We took her home, bathed her, fed her, and cared for her until a super wealthy student of mine (I was teaching English at the time) adopted her a few days later. We had named her "Kelbi" which is Arabic for "my dog" but my student renamed her Bianca and said she'd be living at her family's vacation villa. I hope she's still living a nice life- Egypt is a rough place and people don't treat animals very well (especially dogs).