Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Heh, totally forgot about the "circle reader service # cards"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Corn Nuts posted:

This took me way longer than I expected

:perfect:
:five::five::five:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol whoops, I'm as good at updating the thread title as CIG is at putting out patches.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

hmm yes lets link to a site that includes a category such as "SJW insanity" and has this as one of its top articles: "EXCLUSIVE: Anti-Trump Troll Elliott Lusztig Got Unmasked. Surprise, He's a Huge Cuck!"

Massively pro-GamerGate, pro-Trump, anti-feminist - boy, you really pick your friends. Is this better or worse than the actual Nazi you decided to cozy up to about SC?

You're an absolute loving nutjob with nutjob allies, and all the emoticon spamming in the world can't hide that. You're as broken as Chris Roberts, ffs.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thirsty Dog posted:

the actual Nazi you decided to cozy up to about SC

forgot about that

lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I woke up today screaming but it soon turned into laughter when I remembered what happened the other day

I can't stop laughing now, I just want to scream

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Uncle D effort post incoming

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Thirsty Dog posted:

hmm yes lets link to a site that includes a category such as "SJW insanity" and has this as one of its top articles: "EXCLUSIVE: Anti-Trump Troll Elliott Lusztig Got Unmasked. Surprise, He's a Huge Cuck!"

Massively pro-GamerGate, pro-Trump, anti-feminist - boy, you really pick your friends. Is this better or worse than the actual Nazi you decided to cozy up to about SC?

You're an absolute loving nutjob with nutjob allies, and all the emoticon spamming in the world can't hide that. You're as broken as Chris Roberts, ffs.

Yeah, tell us how you really feel.

ps: Because linking to a story that explains what happened, now means you're "friends" with them.

pps: You're a loving moron. You know nothing.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
this just in: daily stormer actually reputable news site, just linking to stories

e: ok, the above made more sense before dereks ninja edit

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 19, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
well I look like an idiot now, thanks Derek

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Catching up from very far behind (and it sounds like there's some :munch: to be had in the intervening pages), but I feel like I have to comment on this ahead of time-- by comparing them to OPCA litigants, aka sovcits. :spergin:

[WORDS THAT SHOULD BE READ]

I'm hungover right now, but everyone should read this loving post. It's a good post. The comparison to sovcits is a good one, and the point being made that there's a line in the sand where saying, "Oh, but I didn't know!" isn't gunna loving cut it. 'Pulling wool over their own eyes' is an excellent way of putting that.

So click on that post. It's good.

SelenicMartian posted:

Rebel without applause.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

It's certainly luck initially, sometimes the pitch sounds good and you don't necessarily go digging for stuff off the bat. My only point is that it's becoming harder and harder to not come across something to make you :thunk: a bit the longer this goes on, and the only way to avoid it entirely is to either stick to the echo chamber or pretend like every negative thing about Star Citizen that's ever been printed in the last 5 years was actually Derek Smart ghostwriting it, which is L Ron Hubbard levels of "They actually believe that? :psyduck:" to anyone who's not suicidally naïve.

[MORE WORDS THAT SHOULD BE READ]

Anyways I think the tl;dr is "I feel bad for anyone who's stuck doing development at CIG and hope they bail before this turns into even more of a black mark on their resume than it already is".

A good read and :same:

D_Smart posted:

ps: Because linking to a story that explains what happened, now means you're "friends" with them.

Here's a link from the Daily Mail about how drinking a glass of wine will reduce the risk of cancer. Oh what's that? I shouldn't direct traffic to such a piece of poo poo paper? Well they're explaining the story, goodness me, don't you want to reduce the risk of cancer? Nevermind their stance of Farage, let's cherry pick from this plagued tree.

Also, ps: did you seriously try and pull regdate the other day hahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek I could quote your regdate post from yesterday and it could serve as an alternative to an exit-bag, it could kill me in the most peaceful and joyful fashion possible

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek reads How To Win Friends And Influence People and firmly decides that the latter effect must come at the cost of the former once a year

You absolute blogosphere baby

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I'm Derek Smart, and welcome to Smartwars.com

There's a war on your kickstarter!

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

The Unlikely Union was always going to end this way.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Am I misremembering or did ds say he would never buy an avatar for himself?

and I am going to guess eighty percent of this thread is jerk detected! to him about now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the games industry, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret games available on PC, and I have over 300 confirmed good reviews. I am trained in blog warfare and I’m the top content producer in the Something Awful since it was created by me and Lowtax. You aint poo poo to me but just another shitposter. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this website, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my lawyer across the internet and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the space court, maggot. The space court that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. Haven't you heard from the shitizens? I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can create FUD and doxx you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my blog from July. Not only am I extensively trained in owning shitizens, but I have access to the entire history of the Something Awful Forums Dot Com since it's creation as I was there, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your posting style off the face of entire subforums, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “comedic” just posting was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Lladre posted:

and I am going to guess eighty percent of this thread is jerk detected! to at him about now.

fixed

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNKgah948s

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Mr.Tophat posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the games industry, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret games available on PC, and I have over 300 confirmed good reviews. I am trained in blog warfare and I’m the top content producer in the Something Awful since it was created by me and Lowtax. You aint poo poo to me but just another shitposter. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this website, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my lawyer across the internet and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the space court, maggot. The space court that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. Haven't you heard from the shitizens? I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can create FUD and doxx you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my blog from July. Not only am I extensively trained in owning shitizens, but I have access to the entire history of the Something Awful Forums Dot Com since it's creation as I was there, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your posting style off the face of entire subforums, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “comedic” just posting was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

dont mix amphetamines with red bull mate

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek effort posts to avoid this song playing in his head 24/7

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

A Stimperical meltdown :golfclap:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AutismVaccine posted:

dont mix amphetamines with red bull mate

I wish I was drinking red bull, I could do with the wings so I might chase after Icarus and laugh at his lovely wax wings melting down

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

CIG intern, please forward this to C.Roberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6DDCA0GwU4

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tophat buddy dial it back a bit. Your :justpost: needle is buried in the red end of the gauge

Lladre posted:

and I am going to guess eighty percent of this thread is jerk detected! to him about now.

lol, only eighty percent?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Oh god drat! Tophat is spitting fiya lately. In some parts, folks consider those fightin words.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Linking to a story about you on a site like that does actually mean you're lending it some credibility, believe the angle it's pushing is accurate, and are more than happy to signal boost(lol) that sort of total arsehole as long as it benefits you.

Genuinely think you're missing some important parts of your brain that would normally allow you to know when something is a good or bad idea, which would also explain LOD's youtube videos

The Shitizens are dreadful, weird people but guys like you don't exactly make this side of the argument any better

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
four loving hundred american dollars for a concept of a ship to fly in a game that is several years from loving release

I feel so bad for people who fall for this poo poo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Someday someone is gonna make a game based on the failed endeavor chris roberts star citizen but it will be about desperately trying to survive in a universe where momentum can work like this

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

I'd bet money that Derek bought himself the signal booster avatar yesterday.

Edit: it doesn't matter if he has you on ignore, he reads it anyway.

you might be talking about him!!! :ohdear:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek - I'm gunna boost the signal!

STAR CITIZEN BAD

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Taintrunner posted:

four loving hundred american dollars for a concept of a ship to fly in a game that is several years from loving release

I feel so bad for people who fall for this poo poo

CIG's Gamescom presentation is going to be glorious

"Hi, I know we haven't given you anything at all since the last time we did this, but here's another bullshit presentation and a $400 ship sale"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They'll put up a donation jar with "worm food fund" on it.
Maybe send a plate around at citcon.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thirsty Dog posted:

Linking to a story about you on a site like that does actually mean you're lending it some credibility, believe the angle it's pushing is accurate, and are more than happy to signal boost(lol) that sort of total arsehole as long as it benefits you.

New hot scoop from my newsvan that punches above his weight! I've got some footage of Derek backpedalling from this very post and posts like it!

http://i.imgur.com/qLjIw9L.mp4

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lladre posted:

he reads them anyway, which makes it funnier

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Spending pages obsessing about Derek Smart is somehow not sad, now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

I looked at what was underneath your avatar and my eyes exploded

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jason Sextro posted:

loling at derek being an idiot is different than loling at citizens or croberts and definitely not worthy of such a lofty thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

loling at derek being an idiot is different than loling at citizens or croberts and definitely not worthy of such a lofty thread.

when I spend pages laughing at the exact same thing let me know