Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm only gonna get the other two CE if I get another one in a random drop.

You can't get them from the Gacha, right? It's sad how the gacha CE is so much worse than the event CE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I think I'll take my Mata Hari to level 80 or 90 this weekend because gently caress it, why not.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RanKizama posted:

I think I'll take my Mata Hari to level 80 or 90 this weekend because gently caress it, why not.

I encourage you. Taking low-Star Servants and grailing them is the best thing to do.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MonsieurChoc posted:

I encourage you. Taking low-Star Servants and grailing them is the best thing to do.
That's what I'm feeling. I've got 3 or so grails just sitting around and I'd like to make her viable for regular use. Might as well.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 19, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I like Mata Hari as much as the next red-blooded American, but even at level 100 she's pretty terrible.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

RanKizama posted:

That's what I'm feeling. I've got 3 or so grails just sitting around and I'd like to make her viable for regular use. Might as well.

Grailing your waifu is good civilization, but please do not assume that any amount of grails will ever make Mata Hari viable.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Grailing your mom is also good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Grailing your mom is also good.

What if your waifu is your mom

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

What if your waifu is your mom

Then you have some explainin to do.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Schubalts posted:

Then you have some explainin to do.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Minamoto_no_Yorimitsu

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yea, she's your mom. Don't make your mom your waifu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I really don't like how Raita draws Raikou. Moriarty, meanwhile, has an awesome design.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Yes! Got the one heart of a foreign god I needed. Now I have enough to get Gil to 90 and Herc to 70.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm only gonna get the other two CE if I get another one in a random drop.

Same with me.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Freak Futanari posted:

Grailing your waifu is good civilization, but please do not assume that any amount of grails will ever make Mata Hari viable.
She can be made good enough to grind through low-mid level bullshit. But at least then she'll see some use rather than just sitting in the archive.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Mata Hari is actually a pretty strong debuff support. Probably fits best with an arts team.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I made an off-hand comment about Mata Hari being garbage and it sent a friend of mine into a tirade about how she's one of the strongest 1* servants in the game because she can 'effortlessly drop -80% in def debuffs on any target'. Seems like a lot of effort and set up for that gimmick, when you likely could do a whole lot of other things and have more success for less work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mata hari's totally usable. just like everyone else is. this game is both decently designed and not that difficult. a lot of servants have incredibly niche gimmicks but at least they function inside those gimmicks. and mata hari's 80% defense debuff thing isn't even a gimmick, it's just using her skills and then her np. that isn't setup or anything she just does it naturally. the defense debuffs dont even have a failure chance. asterios does a similar thing and also has longer lasting debuffs so you can stack them, but he's a berserker so hes way squishier, and he doesnt have any lockdown with his debuffs.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 19, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The ultimate goal in FGO is to be that guy that has like 2 dozen maxed Mata Haris

It's something we all strive for

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

mata hari's totally usable. just like everyone else is. this game is both decently designed and not that difficult. a lot of servants have incredibly niche gimmicks but at least they function inside those gimmicks. and mata hari's 80% defense debuff thing isn't even a gimmick, it's just using her skills and then her np. that isn't setup or anything she just does it naturally. the defense debuffs dont even have a failure chance. asterios does a similar thing and also has longer lasting debuffs so you can stack them, but he's a berserker so hes way squishier, and he doesnt have any lockdown with his debuffs.
I like to stack her debuff then just obliterate everything with Lancelot's NP. Makes for fun times.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm certain it's possible, given enough time, to make any given team viable. It's just that with how grindy this game is and how much time investment it takes to actually bring a given servant up to snuff it feels like you kind of have to pick your battles. Any Gold XP cards or mats spent on Phantom of the Opera could've gone towards Hans, or Emiya, or Hasan, or Ushiwakamaru, etc.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If you like phantom though those mats are better spent on him than any of the others. And he's low rarity so it's not like he takes much to bring up.

Think about most of the game's content too. Very few things are ultra, super hard to the extent that you can't spare a slot for a favourite. For the stuff that is that hard having spent resources into a 1-2* that you like will not be the difference between success and failure.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess, it just seems like you're more likely to open yourself up to being in a situation where you hit a sudden wall that requires some last minute/unexpected scrambling to put together a team. I suppose this is just more from the perspective of someone only a few months into the game where there are realistically you can only have so many servants on hand; later on your arsenal will be large enough to cover more contingencies. My big fear would be being unable to finish an event for example because I neglected to put together a good enough selection of teams.

Anyway, that's all pieces/monuments taken care of :toot: Now onto the hell of Hearts grinding.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game isn't grindy at all on the jp server so thats probably the rub.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like with average ish gacha luck I only had issues in Camelot; up until then the game isn't hard to worry.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Grail on low star is for giving them more hp to pull off their gimmick or let you see your waifu suffer longer.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I guess, it just seems like you're more likely to open yourself up to being in a situation where you hit a sudden wall that requires some last minute/unexpected scrambling to put together a team. I suppose this is just more from the perspective of someone only a few months into the game where there are realistically you can only have so many servants on hand; later on your arsenal will be large enough to cover more contingencies. My big fear would be being unable to finish an event for example because I neglected to put together a good enough selection of teams.

Anyway, that's all pieces/monuments taken care of :toot: Now onto the hell of Hearts grinding.

It's more that you don't need an arsenal to cover all contingencies since friend support exists for a reason and the moment a piece of just-released content seems well-suited to a certain servant anybody who put any effort into it will put it into the support slot for max FP. Most of the content that warrants even that is one and done rather than stuff you're farming, so you can use your command seals if it comes to it. As another thing, resources are grindy now because content is easy so as to not really need them to the extent that people are aiming for. As the grinds become easier content will become fit to match where you'd have your servants due to said easier grinds but still won't really be "you fail due to poorly invested resources" due to that. This game doesn't expect obsessive participation at every step of the way in order to keep stepping later! Only obsess if you enjoy obsessing.

If you're worried about an unbalanced use of resources it'd be putting them into 4* or 5* servants you plan to use rarely if at all. Or into higher ascensions on S-curve 4* and 5* where you aren't gaining them much of anything, especially not with current content. Or increasing the level on skills that don't really need it yet, like say if you brought any of Emiya's to 5 instead of ascending a low rarity assassin or caesar with those gears. Investing into a 1-2*, especially one you like, is never going to be wasted resources.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Grail on low star is for giving them more hp to pull off their gimmick or let you see your waifu suffer longer.
grailing a 3* to level 90 basically turns them into a 4* in terms of stats. of course some characters are just unsalvageable - even at level 100 with +2000 attack from FOUs, Sanson doesn't break 10k.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Does anyone know where to find the remix of Gentle Everyday that's playing in the Dangofest shop? I can't find it on Youtube. Searching in English and Japanese, even.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Vengarr posted:

Does anyone know where to find the remix of Gentle Everyday that's playing in the Dangofest shop? I can't find it on Youtube. Searching in English and Japanese, even.

This, you mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1g3t19RM_g

I believe it's a remix of In the Sunlight and not Gentle Everyday, so maybe that's why you couldn't find it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Ahhhh goddammit.

Thanks.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
After a few new rolls, seriously not sure who I plan to grail anymore. Was thinking Medusa but even if I like that servant not sure I can build a good team around her with what I have.

Might save them for the JAlter disappointment or Salter.... Waver.... too many choices.

VV Many mobile games are tbh. P&D, EXVIUS, Mobius, FFRK, etc... had a lot of QOL problems too.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 20, 2017

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Holy poo poo the storage limit for this game was 50 for servants and CEs? God drat this game was rough at launch

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/OAwashima/status/898532252014878721

:laffo:

e: https://twitter.com/OAwashima/status/898534364757114881

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

if you think that's funny, go find a picture of censored Raikou.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tsurupettan posted:

if you think that's funny, go find a picture of censored Raikou.

https://twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/899219845530746880

It gets even better

brb googling Raikou

e: holy flip flops googling fate/go raikou censored leads me to, uh. Not work safe places. :stare:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Man I really don't like how Raita draws Raikou. Moriarty, meanwhile, has an awesome design.
If you take the two ways in which he draws women and fuse them a woman with normal proportions would be the result. :v:

Man I got a Heart the second I finished the shop but I suspect the game was just throwing me a bone, and now comes the drought. I got my boy Emiya his last ascension but now I need three more for herc.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

grailing a 3* to level 90 basically turns them into a 4* in terms of stats. of course some characters are just unsalvageable - even at level 100 with +2000 attack from FOUs, Sanson doesn't break 10k.
I don't think Mata Hari breaks 10K damage either without a good CE. But whatever.

I also just realized that I only have enough grails to get her to 80 atm. Boo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
she's not that cute!!

Also does all melee attackers have the same boring attack animations cause that's sad

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

she's not that cute!!

Also does all melee attackers have the same boring attack animations cause that's sad

They started putting out animation and sprite updates for the early servants, but if you think the melee Servants had it bad, you should have seen everybody with the basic Caster animations.