Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:lol: I thought that was clear by looking at your character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I saw an Apex Elite Pack in the store, but couldn't find the challenge to get it. Anyone have any ideas?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bastard Tetris posted:

I saw an Apex Elite Pack in the store, but couldn't find the challenge to get it. Anyone have any ideas?

They also make them available on a rotating basis for 600k credits

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
New Equipment for this weekend.

Berserker Package: +15% Shotgun / +15% Melee
Gold Equip 120credit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Error 404 posted:

They also make them available on a rotating basis for 600k credits

Wow, I must have missed every single time they did this. drat.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
We had a good run.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Shame Mass Effect will just exist in PDF format from now on :yum:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Awesome

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The EA cycle completes: Force out mediocre game, milk frantically, ditch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who here is still enjoying their $200 super deluxe mako edition (game not included).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

They only said they were done with the Single Player portion, sounds to me like MP will be getting support for at least a couple more months at minimum

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

drrockso20 posted:

They only said they were done with the Single Player portion, sounds to me like MP will be getting support for at least a couple more months at minimum

They've got a few unreleased new weapons (both ultra rare, of course) and 4 human classes in the can that they can trickle out before they abandon the game completely.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
If they keep doing balance and gameplay improvements at the rate they've done so far, for several more months? Mutliplayer is going to be pretty drat good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh hey 8 new posts in the thread something must have dropped.

Oh. RIP Mass Effect.

exquisite tea posted:

Who here is still enjoying their $200 super deluxe mako edition (game not included).

gently caress YOU DUDE

no seriously i'm the moron who bought the ultra deluxe extreme defcon edition goddamnit

anyway who wants to play me3 with me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what happened to the single player thread

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

went the way of the game

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Okay who wants to shovel the first bit of dirt on this franchise coffin now its at the bottom of the grave?

*everyone in sight grabs a shovel*

Woah.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I press F to pay respects.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

nothing happens, your host is lagging

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A Fiend materializes from the ether fifty feet away and sync-kills you, slamming your corpse on top of the coffin.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Drop 100k in mission funds for something cool.

Its...
Its a coffin. A bronze one.

Goddammit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I found the thread. Thank you everyone.... game on.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I found the thread. Thank you everyone.... game on.

Where is it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796973

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

lol

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Is this game at all worth picking up at this point for the multiplayer, or is it pretty dead?

I liked the MP of ME3 quite a bit, put a couple hundred hours into it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

HahahahahahahahahahahHagagahagahahayayaag
No keep playing me3
I'm pretty sure it's easier to find games there too lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I tried finding an MEA game two nights ago for 20 minutes before giving up

There was one guy trying to do a gold mission that whole time and couldn't get more than two people

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I've yet to not get games in MEA.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My Origin account shows I put 90 hours into this game and I'm pretty sure my dad got another forty out of the single-player.

Overall I don't regret having bought it but man, what a loving way to go.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

No new equipment today?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

No :saddowns:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They did a live stream where they confirmed that there won't be any additional patches for multiplayer either, which means things like new maps and any changes that would require a patch instead of a server side tweak are out of the question. So basically once they've run through the unreleased characters and weapons that are already in the game but not available yet, it's pretty much dead.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last time I played I saw a gun I didn't even know existed - Shorty? Shotty?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Shorty! It's a three round burst shotgun. It's actually fun to play with.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

They really should release the MP free to everyone before giving up. It's fun, and it would get a slew of new players, making it easier to get games and more worth it to make new content.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

They really should release the MP free to everyone before giving up. It's fun, and it would get a slew of new players, making it easier to get games and more worth it to make new content.

it's a bit unreasonable to expect the 5 remaining employees/night janitors to disconnect the MP from the main game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

On the last shareholder conference call the EA exec dude talked all about how unfairly ME:A was criticized, to mention nothing about how even EA had so little faith in the project that they were willing to pump and dump it immediately. You can already hear the hype gears whirring for Mass Effect, the Reboot: No seriously guys it's gonna be good this time.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

You can already hear the hype gears whirring for Mass Effect, the Reboot: No seriously guys it's gonna be good this time.

Good. I wouldn't preorder or anything, but I think there's still plenty of reason to believe Bioware remains capable of making good games. I personally always thought the hate for 3 was pretty silly since it was mostly a good game with a dumb ending to an overarching plot they didn't know how to write their way out of, so once they have a competent studio back on the series I'm sure they can do something interesting with it. Making a prequel would be another cop-out imo, so I hope they either pick an ending or just handwave it away with an ending that makes for the best story going forward even if it doesn't fit directly with any of the endings from 3, and show what the galaxy looks like post-Reapers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's the green ending because I need some fuckin robots

• Locked thread