Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

this is really the most pathetic country.

Look south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Powershift posted:

The lovely part is that they bought our politicans for like $1500. this is really the most pathetic country.

Your PM is quite the hotty though

Ours has a right knee that looks like Donald Trump

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

Your PM is quite the hotty though

Ours has a right knee that looks like Donald Trump

Our is Donald Trump.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Motorola makes really good phones.

Also I think F1 is back next week

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Also I think F1 is back next week

Go post in the F1 thread then.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Everything you need to know about Trudeau starts and ends on the surface, lol.

Still I'd much rather him than more Conservatives in power.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Wirth1000 posted:

Everything you need to know about Trudeau starts and ends on the surface, lol.

Still I'd much rather him than more Conservatives in power.

No difference in my opinion. They're all at the table at the end of animal farm in my opinion.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've still got a galaxy S3 that I got with koodo back in the day. I want a new phone but I always balk at the insane prices, and the drat thing keeps on chugging so I can't justify getting rid of it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The one downside of my S6 is the lack of expandable storage. Everything is cool.

The camera isn't half bad either:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

iospace posted:

The one downside of my S6 is the lack of expandable storage. Everything is cool.

The camera isn't half bad either:

I was about to say nice action shot but then I saw it said Honda on it so was probably stationary.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

I was about to say nice action shot but then I saw it said Honda on it so was probably stationary.

It's also Taku. Who later spun on the Kink (but just needed a restart to get going again).

Real talk though: That's right on the hill after turn 5 at Road America, so they're still moving a tad slower than they were in say other parts of the track, though I did get a lot of empty frames when trying to catch them :eng99:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
my phone is an old-rear end LG flip model that I'm pretty sure I got back before the first iPhones came out

also,
why is Alonso cosplaying as Gipsy Danger, and why would you have to go all the way to China to get it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

oh god i need this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-Made-T-Shirt-max-verstappen-F1-Racing-car-Tee-Gentlemen-Short-Sleeves-O-neck-T/32821581848.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jesus gently caress, i'm dying. Try it yourself.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

iospace posted:

It's also Taku. Who later spun on the Kink (but just needed a restart to get going again).

Real talk though: That's right on the hill after turn 5 at Road America, so they're still moving a tad slower than they were in say other parts of the track, though I did get a lot of empty frames when trying to catch them :eng99:

the trick is to keep the car in the viewfinder/screen and pan with the car's movement

http://imgur.com/a/52NJ5

http://imgur.com/a/mVZk8

Got access to race control because friend's sister worked for the track at the time

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's k-mags and ericsson shirts on aliexpress, but jolyon autocorrects in their system to colon, and even searching "jolyon" brings up 0 results.

that has to be intentional.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgIQmKfhHrE

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Powershift posted:

Jesus gently caress, i'm dying. Try it yourself.

Even Ali Express knows Palmer is poo poo and advises their customers to get enemas.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I legitimately don't get apple.

I've used Apple hardware in my trade for 28 years, it's closed ios is good for idiots, but useless to me

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

djssniper posted:

I've used Apple hardware in my trade for 28 years, it's closed ios is good for idiots, but useless to me

This might be a good opinion if it had been explained properly, but given that it isn't, it's a really bad post. If for no other reason than Android, for all it's openness and freedom, is so heavily fragmented by OEMs that its a total security nightmare. Chat poo poo about Apple and iOS by all means, but there's only one company that managed to skullfuck RIM and BlackBerry with their famed security into irrelevance at their own game and it wasn't anybody running Android.

That being said, I am aware with this the something awful forums where everybody is a savant and their usage cases are representative of like 1% of profitable businesses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why did they have to get rid of the headphone jack man. that brings my list of "smartphones i'd actually like to get" to a solid zero

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

why did they have to get rid of the headphone jack man. that brings my list of "smartphones i'd actually like to get" to a solid zero

Because the idea of connecting everything with physical cables forever is asinine, and no one is going to put the effort into making decent wireless headphones until there is a large user base demanding it, and Apple is the only company capable of forcing minor inconveniences on their customers without hurting their bottom line.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it is a solid deal-breaker for me. disrupting the headphone jack is if like someone decided "you know what needs to change? the edison screw for lightbulbs"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it is a solid deal-breaker for me. disrupting the headphone jack is if like someone decided "you know what needs to change? the edison screw for lightbulbs"

Don't move to Europe

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

UK has the best plug sockets sorry it's just a fact.

e: also best F1 drivers.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The pods are a bit silly but were people not using Bluetooth headphones/headsets anyway? Maybe it's just round our way being a bit dodgy* but a headphone cable makes it much easier for the scagheads to locate and steal your phone. National Newspapers have been saying don't use apple headphones on public transport (the tube in particular) for years as thieves will target you.

*not as dodgy as Sheffield who actually had to put more pay phones in and told students not to take out their phones though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

UK has the best plug sockets sorry it's just a fact.

e: also best F1 drivers.

Lightbulbs, yeah, but the regular wall sockets are loving terrible. Why do I need a brick the size of a hockey puck to charge my phone?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Lightbulbs, yeah, but the regular wall sockets are loving terrible. Why do I need a brick the size of a hockey puck to charge my phone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

learnincurve posted:

The pods are a bit silly but were people not using Bluetooth headphones/headsets anyway? Maybe it's just round our way being a bit dodgy* but a headphone cable makes it much easier for the scagheads to locate and steal your phone. National Newspapers have been saying don't use apple headphones on public transport (the tube in particular) for years as thieves will target you.

*not as dodgy as Sheffield who actually had to put more pay phones in and told students not to take out their phones though.

I commute in the Tokyo area and maybe 10% of people I see are using some kind of wireless headphones. Most people still using wired.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Courage

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The most fraudulent electrical sockets

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

I [...] in [...] Tokyo

I shall build a shrine to you.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
But seriously I need you to stop random people in the street and ask them their thoughts on Honda being a national embarassment and for destroying McLaren and Alonso.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

But seriously I need you to stop random people in the street and ask them their thoughts on Honda being a national embarassment and for destroying McLaren and Alonso.

k will get right on it.

I think more people are too busy realizing they need to build a statue for national sporting hero Takuma Sato though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
A statue of Sato next to the Indy 500 trophy, a statue of Aguri Suzki's podium at the Japanese Grand Prix and a statue of Kobayashi also getting a podium at the Japanese Grand Prix.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I want a statue of Taki Inoue getting hit by a safety car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

1500quidporsche posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

• Locked thread