Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

These Skull Island kaiju are hosed up man.

Also I assumed the movie was not on Netflix but it turns out it actually was, but I'm only 2 bucks down on a Redbox rental, so it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know, I'm not all that shocked Hedorah is being hinted, considering how involved Banno was with G14. Heddy was kinda always his baby.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kong: 's good! Kinda the opposite of 14 where it's nonstop kaiju action almost the entire way through.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In the back of my head, I kept laughing at how out of place Godzilla would be on the island.

Poor Kong. If he does grow to Godzilla size, he's not going to have any room to do anything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

By the time their match comes along, Big G will have had 5 kaiju wins to Kong's 1.

Can't fuckin' wait for Ghidorah.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Monarch is kinda super loving cool? I'd love to be a part of Kaiju Defense Force.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to this graph (because of course someone made these graphs) Godzilla appears on screen in the 2014 film for 9 minutes and 56 seconds:

... which is 8% of the total runtime, the second lowest percentage of all the Godzilla movies.

Sato has said that Shin Goji appears on screen for 18 minutes and 8 seconds which is 15% of the runtime.

It is no wonder given the amount of screen time Big G has in Hedorah that it was always one of my favorites as a kid. These charts are cool.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fear of the Smog Monster is why I am an environmentalist today.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

By the time their match comes along, Big G will have had 5 kaiju wins to Kong's 1.

No loving way G is fighting all 3. Mothra is going to be on his side (of balance). Rodan will be a wild card / early misunderstanding fight. Ghidorah should be the big thread to everyone else.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It would actually be pretty dope if Rodan, Ghidorah, and Godzilla were all on the same side against Mothra, and then the end of the movie is that, like [Insert Aliens Here] are behind it all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Godzilla, Kong and Mothra vs Ghidorah, one for each head.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can see Mothra and Godzilla throwing down.

They do have the longest running rivalry and most skewed win/loss ratio.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mothra dying all the time is kind of her deal. She better die in the new one.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 19, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

About to watch Skull Island again. :iamafag:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Has anyone gotten these boxsets at all? They don't seem complete, but they seem to be the best way to get the bulk of them without trying to keep track of all the weird blu-ray double packs on Amazon.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/world-cinema/godzilla-showa-classics-collection-volume-1/259676/
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/world-cinema/godzilla-showa-classics-collection-volume-2/259672/
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/world-cinema/godzilla-heisei-series-collection/259680/
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/world-cinema/godzilla-millennium-series-collection/399317/

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Line of Skull Island- "Sounds like a bird but it's a fuckin' ant."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Detective No. 27 posted:

Line of Skull Island- "Sounds like a bird but it's a fuckin' ant."

I kinda want his Reilly's characters son to show up in the modern movie, played by Reilly, just so we can have sweet sweet Steve Brule-esque commentary on the rest of the legendaryverse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I hope we get a glimpse of how balls to the walls insane the Permian period must have been.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I kinda want his Reilly's characters son to show up in the modern movie, played by Reilly, just so we can have sweet sweet Steve Brule-esque commentary on the rest of the legendaryverse.

Pretty loving cool that they had Reilly in a "for your health" jacket. The folks behind Kong had some A+ taste.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Godzilla: Kaiju Planet Figuart has been revealed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He seems fat.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Raxivace posted:

He seems fat.

He's always had a dad bod

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Inescapable Duck posted:

Given they've hinted Hedorah was involved in The Great London Smog, I wonder what take they'll have on him in the more naturalistic Legendary movies. Some kinda creature adapted to volcanic environments or mutated by pollution?

I don't think that you'd want to go too "natural" with Hedorah. Kinda defeats the whole pollution thing he has going on. Then again if Hedorah was a kaiju mutated by pollution it could work as a mirror to the original Godzilla's origin.

I just want more Hedorah.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Improbable Lobster posted:

I just want more Hedorah.

How about some Neo Hedorah?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x379hrj

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

He seems fat.

Literally the child of G 2014 and Shin.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I like this a lot. This design and the show's central premise deserve better than some lovely CGI anime.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Is there a subtitle option somewhere?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Raxivace posted:

He seems fat.

At least this one hasn't skipped leg day.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Godzilla vs. Kong will have definite 'winner,' says director

Who will emerge victorious from Godzilla vs. Kong? We don’t know. But director Adam Wingard (You’re Next, The Guest) is insistent that someone — or something — will be the clear winner when his monster match-up of outsized lizard and giant ape arrives on screens, May 22, 2020.

“I do want there to be a winner,” the filmmaker told EW on Friday, during a visit to New York. “The original film (1962’s King Kong vs. Godzilla) was very fun, but you feel a little let down that the movie doesn’t take a definitive stance. People are still debating now who won in that original movie, you know. So, I do want people to walk away from this film feeling like, Okay, there is a winner.”

Wingard also spoke about his recent visit to the Atlanta set of filmmaker Michael Doughterty’s move Godzilla: King of the Monsters. “It was really cool,” said the director. “Part of me just wanted to go there and see what a $200 million — or whatever it’s costing — movie liked like. And I was kind of relieved to see that, at a certain point, movies can only get so big. That’s kind of what I got from it. It was really educational, just from that perspective. Mike was really nice. I’d never met him before. I walked up to him on set and he was taking pictures of one of the props or something, and he was laughing with somebody, and I was like, ‘Oh, this was really encouraging, to see that you’re smiling and looking happy!’ Because he was halfway through that production, so he could have been in horrible shape.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/19/godzilla-vs-kong-winner/

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
That doesn't really say that there will be a winner, just that he wants there to be one. I doubt the script's even been written yet.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Adam's playing himself, Kong totally won in '62. It's that movie frames this as a hollow victory because mankind is the real monster.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

K. Waste posted:

Adam's playing himself, Kong totally won in '62. It's that movie frames this as a hollow victory because mankind is the real monster.

I've said it before, but the good ending to Kong vs Godzilla would be the kaiju teaming up to take down humanity.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Things have changed since '62, since Godzilla is (currently) the one who deserves to win. Skull Island is basically the origin story for a flawed, antiheroic character who's only really good within the confines of his island - and who cannot cope with the outside world.

You don't see Godzilla avenging his dead parents, for example. He's already beyond such things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, even if Kong goes through a growth spurt, Big G is too dang big.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine Godzilla being on that island

Everything would be irrelevant to him. All of the Skull Crawlers could come at him at once and he'd probably not even notice.

The saddest thing is that when Kong gets to be his size, he won't fit on that island anymore either

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mantis42 posted:

I've said it before, but the good ending to Kong vs Godzilla would be the kaiju teaming up to take down humanity.

The modern incarnation of both characters are heroic defenders, having them turn on humanity would be some lame teenage nihilism poo poo

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That wasn't true for the original film though. Godzilla didn't become the savior of mankind until later and King Kong was always an exploited victim.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Burkion posted:

Imagine Godzilla being on that island

Everything would be irrelevant to him. All of the Skull Crawlers could come at him at once and he'd probably not even notice.

The saddest thing is that when Kong gets to be his size, he won't fit on that island anymore either

Something something, Plato's Cave is Skull Island, going both ways.

Godzilla 14 is said to have ended up 'Godzilla taming humanity', wondering what it'll mean for Kong to become aware of the greater world, both the countless humans and their toys in the present and the titans of the past who are his only remaining peers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kong's a dork and I hope Big G gives him a swirlie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The three Gs

https://twitter.com/takaishishintui/status/898756920558764032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Greco-Roman/That Weird Wrestling Where They Only Use Their Legs/WWE-style Professional Wrestling