Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Too bad they couldn't be this good a season ago, it'd probably be a lot more popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Invalid Validation posted:

Too bad they couldn't be this good a season ago, it'd probably be a lot more popular.

Last I checked it was pretty popular among Syfy shows.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Last few years this show has been renewed in July.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, but last year it was renewed just before the finale. The third season's airing slightly later in the year, so I wouldn't start worrying.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I only worry because Joe, on his blog, has been pushing people to watch and tweet about it. He even went so far as to give a sentence hint of each episode of next season. So we'll see.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

My Final Gift to You

Ryo takes a hostage to trade for the Blink Drive, but his former crew are not his only opponents.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ferris Corp is 1 month away from winning their offscreen corporate war! The status quo is about to be changed forever! :v:

Ryo dropping all the truthbombs tonight. Three gave Sarah space cancer lol but then couldn't deal with that fact :(

Poor Ryo, losing his space empire again :japan:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what is Five's supposed to be? That her sister died when trying to visit her?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So what is Five's supposed to be? That her sister died when trying to visit her?

:iiam:

I mean there is totally a plan you guys. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ferris Corp is 1 month away from winning their offscreen corporate war! The status quo is about to be changed forever! :v:

Ryo dropping all the truthbombs tonight. Three gave Sarah space cancer lol but then couldn't deal with that fact :(

Poor Ryo, losing his space empire again :japan:

I was kinda expecting the rioting mob to be a fabrication of the coup attempt actually. "Yeah Ryo, there's TOTALLY a massive riot coming this way! Right outside these very doors, so don't go out there! Sucker...".

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Why did Roger Cross space phone the android and say "We need you to engage the Blink Drive™"
and then we see apparently nothing of that?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think Two was probably undecided about whether to let Ryo live or not. But him accepting his fate and trying to make amends, and not attempting to fight back once the force field dropped... I think that probably made her side to letting him live. It was a test of his trustworthiness, and he passed. Unless there's a gunshot opening the show next week, then I'm wrong.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was kinda expecting the rioting mob to be a fabrication of the coup attempt actually. "Yeah Ryo, there's TOTALLY a massive riot coming this way! Right outside these very doors, so don't go out there! Sucker...".

I thought that as well, but apparently there really is a rebellion. And while it's unclear the status of the Space Japan War, judging by Ryo trying to get his ships to pull back from the world about to be overrun to his homeworld, it might be that Zyron is about to lose the war as well, so he was doomed either way and it was too late to get the Blink drive.

spookygonk posted:

Why did Roger Cross space phone the android and say "We need you to engage the Blink Drive™"
and then we see apparently nothing of that?

I guess to get the ship there in time to rescue Two, maybe, before the enemy fleet showed up? Although they could have had their ship hanging out a light year away from Zyron in empty space instead.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think Two was probably undecided about whether to let Ryo live or not. But him accepting his fate and trying to make amends, and not attempting to fight back once the force field dropped... I think that probably made her side to letting him live. It was a test of his trustworthiness, and he passed. Unless there's a gunshot opening the show next week, then I'm wrong.

Honestly, they should just shoot him in the head, dump him out an airlock and then pretend Space-Japan doesn't exist for the rest of the series.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why would Android decide to do a system update during an important mission?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cojawfee posted:

Her OS probably kept bothering her with reminder popups and she wanted to get them out of her field of vision.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

Standard Android stuff. There was no Skynet.apk in the changelog.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I know I'm expecting this important call, but this new version has the new emojis.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's more that it's a time when she has nothing specific to do, and as far as she knows it was just going to be a better version of the old Upgrade.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I know I'm expecting this important call, but this new version has the new emojis.

I totally read this in Androids voice

Boobs.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

GreenNight posted:

New Episode

My Final Gift to You

Ryo takes a hostage to trade for the Blink Drive, but his former crew are not his only opponents.

Did I miss something didn't boon become an alien cargo van at the end of the last episode?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

My guess is they were twins? I can't recall if they ever called her an older or younger sister. So, when she showed up on a station where Five was wanted...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JossiRossi posted:

My guess is they were twins? I can't recall if they ever called her an older or younger sister. So, when she showed up on a station where Five was wanted...

I personally think it's the businesswoman (whose name I cant remember right now) from last season who had been hunting Five for the Blink Drive key. She wanted Five bad, and she's clearly from a well-off family.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

Ugh, that would be horrifying

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
SpaceMILF? what happened to her?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

After Dark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DELGCT0_4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I personally think it's the businesswoman (whose name I cant remember right now) from last season who had been hunting Five for the Blink Drive key. She wanted Five bad, and she's clearly from a well-off family.

I like this and now I want it to be the reveal.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That would be really good, and I hope it happens.

Also, I feel like such an idiot but I just can not stop liking Ryo. The hell is wrong with me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He has charisma when he isn't being an angry shithead emperor.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

That Gabi Meza has some nice legs.

I found out that Roger Cross's wife is a yoga master via the comments (yeah i know don't read youtube comments)

Holy poo poo, shs's a 10th dan black belt, in yoga.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW6DgHZDT8X/?hl=en&taken-by=yoga_mami

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 23, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
No wonder he looks so happy all the time.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

FYI, September 25th seems to be the date season 3 comes out on Netflix.

I stopped watching a few episodes ago with the intent to binge on Netflix when it comes out, so this is good news for me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode - Season Finale

Nowhere To Go

Alliances shift, secrets are revealed, and the past becomes present in this third-season-ending quest to prevent intergalactic war.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I loved ep 12 and I am hyped for the finale! :getin:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its really weird how this show constantly seems like it is on the verge of writing 6 off.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Teku owns and Wexler owns. :ohdear: Roger Cross.

Woo corporate war! And now I guess it's over. Woo alien war!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You were very close. Alicia Reynaud(business lady) was her mom.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Its really weird how this show constantly seems like it is on the verge of writing 6 off.

I think the writers just like loving with Roger Cross.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

GreenNight posted:

I think the writers just like loving with Roger Cross.

Roger Cross never survives a show

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Roger Cross never survives a show
It's the Devil's Bargain tradeoff of his being in Every Show.

That was a frustrating finale because it felt like a week-to-week cliffhanger, not a season ender.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Final scene was great, the music gave me chills. Definitely feels like they padded out the season though, they should have introduced the alien subplot earlier.

Hopefully this marks the end of Ryo Ishida getting saddled with terrible writing because he was actually enjoyable to watch this episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I feel like I've missed an episode somewhere. Was there any previous hint before the finale that two was infected?

• Locked thread