Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG

MY FAITH HAS BEEN REWARDED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Dig worked hard to put TSM in worlds please respect their decision

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I can't believe C9 hosed up a 3 inhib push so poorly. They had the perfect - and, frankly, only - opportunity to end the game there, but they let a Sivir/Janna/Nunu comp go to 45+ minutes with a full AD draft instead.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
TSM is the fifth team to qualify for World's and I'll update the OP again when the next one qualifies which is I think another Wildcard region tonight

Meanwhile China is still in their regular season, get your poo poo together fam.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Did Jensen cry or did he just pee ?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

just for the record c9 has literally never missed worlds. but yeah if only we could get rid of tsm always being at worlds!

I'll settle for either missing worlds for once. IMT/DIG are the most likely to make worlds out of the newer teams.

E: oh nvm TSM already qualified i forgot.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
If TSM wins next week whoever wins the game with IMT will also qualify for worlds.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's still genuinely unreal to say that Dignitas has the cleanest Baron plays in the entire Western LCS, and, to be frank, are probably in the running for some of the cleanest Barons internationally. They always seem to know exactly when they can use it to force an engage, when to disengage, when to turn, etc. It's really impressive to watch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

It's still genuinely unreal to say that Dignitas has the cleanest Baron plays in the entire Western LCS, and, to be frank, are probably in the running for some of the cleanest Barons internationally. They always seem to know exactly when they can use it to force an engage, when to disengage, when to turn, etc. It's really impressive to watch.
They're only so clean because other teams in NA/EU are so sloppy. There's a lot of Korean teams who won't even bother with Baron unless there's a 100% chance they can take it, and a couple who have such amazing vision control that nobody can even get close to Baron without getting interrupted.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

of course that first baron in the last game was really loving atrocious, even if they hadn't lost the fight and the baron they lost control of the mid wave twice because they were trying to do a baron dance when they didnt have a mid tower and c9 did, and were continuously giving up the angle on mid making it impossible for them to regain mid control, which again they were losing frequently bc the lane was pushing against them

they had to explicitly posture from the mid lane to make that weird rear end call work since they had to constantly keep mid control without the tower versus a team that had one

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya dig has had great barons this whole split which is weird to say since the dig baron curse has carried through many different iterations.

The baron where Sneaky got a triple was being forced a wee bit too much. They disengaged off it like 2-3 times. The next time they did they just focused on baron with Sssumday/Keane zoning off which was what they should have done in the throw baron.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I don't know anything, but Altec has always seemed pretty good to me.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
What happened with jensen?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion posted:

pee'd his pants

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I hope c9 makes it to worlds still out of the gauntlet so the first time they win a game there and get praise we can get a long string of angry posts about it.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
https://clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulImpossibleEagleSpicyBoy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

He'd been rubbing his forehead and looking pale, so I think it was just the insane pressure of game 4 provoking his anxiety to the point that he got nauseous and had to take a breather.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

He'd been rubbing his forehead and looking pale, so I think it was just the insane pressure of game 4 provoking his anxiety to the point that he got nauseous and had to take a breather.

ya i noticed the weird tics he did but I don't think it was because of this match. He has played at worlds and has been 0-2 in gauntlet/playoffs before so being down here isn't the end of the world. He has been in way higher pressure situations.

I am guessing he had some sickness or personal thing before this game.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Watched all the games now & I finally see how Jensen became the legendary S+ mid: sit your dumb rear end in lane and don't do poo poo.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Looks like Liquipedia finally decided to make a League section. At last there'll be a decent wiki that's not run on a potato. Too bad Steve didn't bludgeon the TL admins into doing this earlier.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zerilan posted:

I hope c9 makes it to worlds still out of the gauntlet so the first time they win a game there and get praise we can get a long string of angry posts about it.

i thought it was established that i was literally pumping a bunch of steroids and constantly frothing in rage about c9, the team that is most fun to make fun of

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
WEAK PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

TSM is the fifth team to qualify for World's and I'll update the OP again when the next one qualifies which is I think another Wildcard region tonight
KLG won Latin America South. MANTARRAYA/Tierwulf/Plugo/Fix/Slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3hcln2Pqo
Get ready

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fun fact: I'm using a macbook and my subscription to Adobe ran out so I take a screenshot on another forum that has a nice color I like then edit the text using a simple online image editor :v:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Top 4 in china is exact same as last split. Hm I thought maybe IG would break through.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Killed By Death posted:

KLG won Latin America South. MANTARRAYA/Tierwulf/Plugo/Fix/Slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3hcln2Pqo
Get ready

MANTARRAYA is back baybay!!

Also speaking of wildcards, Gambit have been on a roll in the CIS league and are playing the semifinals right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesru

edit:

Max Coveri fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 20, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Top 4 in china is exact same as last split. Hm I thought maybe IG would break through.

they had a really sluggish and bad start trying to acclimate the rookies to the team, which is similar to what newbee and jdg did except instead of playing 40 combinations of players they stuck with the rookies and let them work through the growing pains

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

You misspelled Untara
:goonsay:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Of course KT got reverse swept, of course.

LMS region is really consistent in who ends up winning, I feel like I've been waiting for one of those lower teams to break through for like 4 years and it probably isn't ever going to happen.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SPY vs. G2 is quickly turning into the battle of the clowns.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

Wasn't it already before the game began ?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

It was pretty fun though. Seeing a Trist unable to peel of Camille/J4/Galio was very satisfying. Also locket needs to get nerfed. Cassio was doing 0 dmg thanks to locket. Imo Perkz had zhonyas/seraph's shield he should have just tried to go on Kobbe trade 1v1 or try to make his tanks peel back instead of diving zven.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

Also locket needs to get nerfed. Cassio was doing 0 dmg thanks to locket.

I think it's more that Stoneplate desperately needs that change they were testing where only a percentage of the HP gain is bonus HP.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
this game is over lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm the loving full AD comp that doesn't win the game within 20 minutes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm Keven.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

i'm the loving full AD comp that doesn't win the game within 20 minutes

ad comps in general are awful unless you are a korean team or way superior than the other team.

I hate this jhin pick. It does nothing in the current meta imo. Too much engage/dive for him and his build isn't as strong as before. You go I.e>Shiv you don't do as much dmg in lane or you go Lethality/Armor pen which is only good for lane. Also don't see Jhin doing any dmg to J4 or Cho late game.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

BTW to follow up my Ardent bitching from a few days ago, I checked the VOD for this game and Kira went Ardent on Taliyah to work with the mastery

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jhin is so useless. Sivir/Thresh would get countered by Cait/Morg but you can still hold turret easily and scale as hard as the cait or harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Trundle support

e: two embarrassing mid lane ganks in a row lol

what was that exhaust how tilted are Splyce

e2: this game is just a nonstop stream of gently caress ups

EGSunBro fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 20, 2017