Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

throw to first drat IT posted:

Adult inklings do exist.

The reason you don't see them is squids die after breeding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
page 214 is the 'pearl's parents are dead' page sorry

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

bandaid.friend posted:

The reason you don't see them is squids die after breeding

bandaid.friend posted:

page 214 is the 'pearl's parents are dead' page sorry

Explain Cpt Cuttlefish then.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So is Marina definitely an Octoling? Aren't Octolings bad/evil? Is this a Theon Greyjoy situation or something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

So is Marina definitely an Octoling? Aren't Octolings bad/evil? Is this a Theon Greyjoy situation or something?

Marina is indeed an Octoling, but one of the Sunken Scrolls says the Octoling culture under DJ Octavio is basically North Korea. The big showdown/concert at the end of the single-player story in the first Splatoon gave a bunch of them a glimpse of life outside the Octoling dogma.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

well why not posted:

One of the early sunken scrolls in Splatoon 2 reveals that loads of Octolings thought the final boss battle of Splatoon 1 was just a badass concert featuring DJ Octavio and the Squid Sisters.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So she's a woke outside-the-system, ex-scientologist Octopus rockstar? neat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

So she's a woke outside-the-system, ex-scientologist Octopus rockstar? neat.

Pretty much, yeah.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I dunno if this is common knowledge or what, but I made a discovery today:

https://twitter.com/scribbleskid/status/899298049427611648

I never realised the gloves had the same IKA logo as the shirt, just assumed it was a regular old houndstooth pattern, but I guess that makes a lot more sense.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I dunno if this is common knowledge or what, but I made a discovery today:

https://twitter.com/scribbleskid/status/899298049427611648

I never realised the gloves had the same IKA logo as the shirt, just assumed it was a regular old houndstooth pattern, but I guess that makes a lot more sense.

You can do this in stores, too. Splatoon 2's clothes look really good and have a lot of careful detail!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Meme of the moment: Squids are gay, and that's OK.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

Meme of the moment: Squids are gay, and that's OK.

I love my NB wife

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

enojy posted:

I love my NB wife

What the hell does the NB stand for anyway? I saw a few like that recently.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

I think I heard that a lot of Inklings don't even realize she's an Octoling? Got a bit of an Octodad going on.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What the hell does the NB stand for anyway? I saw a few like that recently.

Non-binary.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

I think I heard that a lot of Inklings don't even realize she's an Octoling? Got a bit of an Octodad going on.

I haven't seen anything like that in the Sunken Scrolls myself. Plus the Octolings are very visibly different with their irises and multi-suckered "hair" tentacles. Hairticles?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Instead of playable octolings let me be a jellyfish kid or a sea slugling like the hat store lady

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Waffleman_ posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I haven't seen anything like that in the Sunken Scrolls myself. Plus the Octolings are very visibly different with their irises and multi-suckered "hair" tentacles. Hairticles?

You are not accounting for 'inklings are idiots' factor.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Can you only get two superbonuses per day of Salmon Run?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

bizarre deformity posted:

Correct.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bizarre deformity posted:

Well, not so much per day but per breeding season. You should be glad Grizzco even gives out bonuses.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Isn't there something about there being a guranteed pink capsule at 1600 grizzco points? Pink capsules can contain a few thousand G or a wardrobe item from a previous month.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Isn't there something about there being a guranteed pink capsule at 1600 grizzco points? Pink capsules can contain a few thousand G or a wardrobe item from a previous month.
Every 200 points over 1200 results in either a pink capsule or a current wardrobe item.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Past the second super bonus, every 200p alternates between the monthly gear and the pink gatchapon, which (probably) contains a random selection of gear from previous months, but right now it's just the polo.

You can trade in the repeat equipment for chunks, or if there are no subs on the clothing, 4000 gold. You can get 200p every sucessful run if you play Salmon Run too much a lot like me.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
You guys are a bunch of work addicts.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rexroom posted:

You guys are a bunch of work addicts.

We suffer for fashion.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm guessing you can receive a superbonus on the normal capsules? I just got 32k from the 100p one

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Lakbay posted:

I'm guessing you can receive a superbonus on the normal capsules? I just got 32k from the 100p one

Yes, it's a 10% chance on each capsule for the best reward, 40% for the basic reward matching the capsule color, and 50% just 4000G. The superbonus always gives the 10% reward.

In terms of chunks earned, the gold rewards are most efficient, followed by the chunks capsules and then the clothing ones.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lakbay posted:

"Superbonus" simply refers to a specific type of bonus that is available during that particular run. You can check what the superbonus type is (drink ticket / meal ticket / ability chunks / gold) from the bonus menu. All other bonuses just have a random chance of being any other type of bonus, usually in lower quantities but sometimes large (i.e. 32k G).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I don't think I'm getting any rewards today because all of my teams have died on the high tide round this rotation :(

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lakbay posted:

I don't think I'm getting any rewards today because all of my teams have died on the high tide round this rotation :(

This is legitimately the best weapon set I've seen so far. Keep playing, it's only gonna be worse on other days.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That's the worse part since it's probably the best weapon set for freelance randoms like me but I just can't win all 3 rounds this rotation

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/endgametv1
Inkstorm Tournament again

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Splatoon 2 was the best-selling game of July in the US.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it's old hat at this point but who still hasn't bought GTAV

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
More impressive is that none of this data includes anything from Nintendo eShop sales. Who knows how many more sales are unaccounted for because of this.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Bill Barber posted:

More impressive is that none of this data includes anything from Nintendo eShop sales. Who knows how many more sales are unaccounted for because of this.

Definitely not an insignificant amount considering the great eShop traffic jam on release day.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

In Training posted:

me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

In Training posted:

It's on sale nearly every week at Best Buy, but the lowest I've seen it is $29.99. Kinda brilliant, really -- the game is old as poo poo but hasn't dropped in price, but it's always on sale, so it gets more attention.