Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TinTower posted:

I'm pretty sure this is secretly loss.

Plom Bar posted:

No, but this is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

R&M and IASiP fans are totally the type who think of themselves as smart.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

R&M and IASiP fans are totally the type who think of themselves as smart.

Well yeah because if you don't like IASIP then your brain is defective

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Crane Fist posted:

Well yeah because if you don't like IASIP then your brain is defective

:ironicat:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I assure you that defective brains can enjoy IASIP, it's easy to identify with

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Inescapable Duck posted:

I assure you that defective brains can enjoy IASIP, it's easy to identify with

Yeah, actually the goddamn point of the show

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Phanatic posted:

I'll believe apes are tool users when I hear one swear like a sailor because he just dropped the twig-extender down the header pipe.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Holy loving poo poo

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

it seems they got some wires crossed because they changed your posts instead!!!!

drat

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

A good post indeed.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

If I ever have a jazz band it's gonna be called "Home Made Sax Tape".

Edit: It'll be a solo album

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Clitch posted:

Mike Pence politely applauds, but just can't seem to get over the spiciness of the Saltine he just ate. Later that evening, an RNC intern was beaten for getting the salted ones.

Mike Pence wrote a very stern letter to Tums, when they started making flavors other than chalk.

Mike Pence's eldest son once remarked that the mashed potatoes could use butter, and was locked in his room for a month as punishment.

Mike Pence looks like someone taught a stick of deodorant to wince.

Mike Pence's favorite cologne is called Mormon Ennui.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Adult fans of children's media are the worst people on Earth.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufaOi9B6bi4

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oohhboy posted:

Looks like the brain cancer has spread to this John McCain also.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dads Dip Cup posted:

"Thank you for calling the Center for Nazis, White Supremacists, and Affiliates how may I help you this afternoon?"

"Yes sir, he is a member of the local branch here."

"You say he spray painted 'Death to Jaws' on your neighbor's driveway and mowed a ninja star into his front lawn."

"Yes sir I understand your frustration and we deeply apologize for the mistake, it was his first day on the job and he is still new to this. We will send out another associate to correct this error immediately."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Yawgmoth posted:

The Joker is many things, but he'll punch a nazi the moment there's a nazi around to punch and I like that.

Joker for President 2020

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Is this canon because I do not know poo poo about comics

TheCIASentMe posted:

Sorta. The Red Skull (nazi from the Marvel universe) and the Joker teamed up in a crossover comic until the Joker found out that the Red Skull was a nazi at which point he said something like "I might be a homicidal maniac, but I'm an AMERICAN homicidal maniac!" And then attacked the Red Skull.

Since it's a crossover, it's not officially DC cannon.

However as far as marvel is concerned, they literally have the "Crossover" universe so it IS cannon for them.

Strudel Man posted:

Minor thing: the term is "canon," from the word for church law.

Who What Now posted:

No, he's right, everything other year DC fires all of it's originally scripts into the sun out of an enormous cannon in the Nevada dessert in the land known as "Area 51", in order to save on costs for storage space. The scripts that are burnt up to fuel the sun to shine on the earth are considered "cannon".

Strudel Man posted:

Well, shut my mouth.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that sounds as dumb as when they had doctor doom cry because of 9/11

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It is, but with the Joker thing you can at least rationalize it as the Joker doing a "bit" because the Joker can do literally whatever you want and it's still in-character as long as you apply enough irony.

The Doctor Doom thing was just.... just unfortunate. I don't know how y'all feel about at Shmorky comic, but he did nail it:

Do remember that Magneto and Doctor Doom have attempted mass genocide on multiple occasions.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mind the walrus posted:

Do remember that Magneto and Doctor Doom have attempted mass genocide on multiple occasions.

Right, but they're not Muslims, so their actions aren't quite as atrocious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I like it better when Doom mocked Dracula for being an outdated racist.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

hahaha I never noticed magneto casually floating away steel beams before. I feel like 9/11 is like the equivalent of a small child scraping his knee in terms of marvel atrocities and either of those two dudes could have prevented it if they wanted to within seconds

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SpacePig posted:

They're also stand-ins for stunted manchildren eager to indulge their persecution complexes. Over the years there have been many, many stories that paint each as these misunderstood tragic antihero types and fans love to gloss over the many, many irredeemable actions they've done. Oh Doctor Doom once sacrificed his first love and wore her skin as a suit of magic armor? But he loves his Mommy and would go to hell to get her back! etc.

Magneto gets off way easier though because of the Holocaust. Speaking of:

Aesop Poprock posted:

hahaha I never noticed magneto casually floating away steel beams before. I feel like 9/11 is like the equivalent of a small child scraping his knee in terms of marvel atrocities and either of those two dudes could have prevented it if they wanted to within seconds
Literally 2 months after this issue a gigantic fleet of Insect-Sentinels descended on Genosha (all-mutant country) and killed 3 million mutants in one day, including Magento (he got better, then tried to genocide New York again while high on super-whippets).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

hahaha I never noticed magneto casually floating away steel beams before. I feel like 9/11 is like the equivalent of a small child scrapping his knee in terms of marvel atrocities and either of those two dudes could have prevented it if they wanted to like within seconds

I remember during 9/11 I was working at Radioshack and our District Manager called and told us not to show it on the TVs and to keep the display DVDs running because "we shouldn't be adding to the sensationalism." Even Dr. Doom had a better reaction than that!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I remember during 9/11 I was working at Radioshack and our District Manager called and told us not to show it on the TVs and to keep the display DVDs running because "we shouldn't be adding to the sensationalism." Even Dr. Doom had a better reaction than that!

I was in a study hall in middle school and all the TVs were showing it lol, how the gently caress is Radioshack still around with geniuses like that mother fucker. Or in general

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think it's finally going down now, but yeah The Onion has you covered like, a decade ago. Also technically a quote.

quote:

"Have you even been inside of a RadioShack recently?" Day asked. "Just walking into the place makes you feel vaguely depressed and alienated. Maybe our customers are at the mall anyway and don't feel like driving to Best Buy? I suppose that's possible, but still, it's just...weird."

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Aesop Poprock posted:

I was in a study hall in middle school and all the TVs were showing it lol, how the gently caress is Radioshack still around with geniuses like that mother fucker. Or in general

They aren't.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

70 is still more than makes sense. Are they in towns that are only comprised of the oldest people possible?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SpacePig posted:

They're filthy muties, it's only to be expected!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

goon suspension of disbelief for

- fantasy show running 7 seasons: intact

- guy running 7 miles: shattered

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mind the walrus posted:

It is, but with the Joker thing you can at least rationalize it as the Joker doing a "bit" because the Joker can do literally whatever you want and it's still in-character as long as you apply enough irony.

Not Nazi but now that I look at these panels again, Red Skull is being portrayed with even less sense and consistency than the Joker. "Oh yeah, you'd have made a great Nazi, what with the robbing, the laughter, and the whimsical clown-themed indiscriminate murder and all. Trust me: Red Skull, real Nazi, and expert on real Nazis."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I didn't even notice because all 3 near me stayed open.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Doc Hawkins posted:

Not Nazi but

Lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Joker's attitude does make sense from aside that Nazis take a very dim view of the mentally ill, they have absolutely no sense of humour and no self-awareness. Also, it's funny.

The Red Skull actually has a hard time given the other major villains in Marvel include Magneto, a Jew and mutant holocaust survivor, Dr Doom, a Roma, and Kingpin, all-American crime lord.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think we can all just agree comics are terrible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Paprika is vastly underrated as a spice. it's not just for goulash people !

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Can we not do this here? The correct term is Hungarians.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

I think we can all just agree comics are terrible

Super hero comics are. If you can push past that there's some good stories out there that don't involve men running around in their underwear

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't see the problem, that poo poo was sensationalized to hell and back. On the morning of 9/11 I was teaching a chemistry lab until noon. Two colleagues walked in after the second plane hit and told me about it. I relayed the information to my students and they had the healthiest reaction to it I have seen. They listened, nodded, and got back to work. These were mainly first and second year college students, showing more poise than the whole of the media.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I don't see the problem, that poo poo was sensationalized to hell and back. On the morning of 9/11 I was teaching a chemistry lab until noon. Two colleagues walked in after the second plane hit and told me about it. I relayed the information to my students and they had the healthiest reaction to it I have seen. They listened, nodded, and got back to work. These were mainly first and second year college students, showing more poise than the whole of the media.

Uhhh counterpoint: terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center and it collapsed and thousands of people died

Like the amount to which we cling to it as a symbol of our martyrdom on the world scale is a little bit excessive but on the day of, it was a pretty big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dross posted:

Uhhh counterpoint: terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center and it collapsed and thousands of people died

Like the amount to which we cling to it as a symbol of our martyrdom on the world scale is a little bit excessive but on the day of, it was a pretty big deal

If you were literally in New York when it happened, sure, freak out about it, it's a big event. But if you're in Bumfuck, Kentucky or Goatballs, Arkansas then there is no reason not to get on with your day after the shock wears off. Every day something horrible happens around the world, sometimes stuff worse than 9/11, but for some reason most Americans don't give a crap about any of it.

An atrocity is an atrocity, but the fact we as a country went insane over it is one of the big reasons why we have an anthropomorphic bag of Cheetoh vomit with a combover in charge of our nuclear arsenal. Bin Laden is cackling his rear end off at the bottom of the ocean.