Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's really good when Sieg and Jeanne are not on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Plutonis posted:

:agreed:

The two leads are really boring.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shinjobi posted:

:agreed:

The two leads are really boring.

The two leads should have been Kairi and Mordred.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Plutonis posted:

Sumanai :(

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Frankie is the best character in F/A. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Odd way of spelling Atalanta

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

actually its arturia

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Carmilla is good, actually

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The Masamune in JRPG's is usually some sort of awesome sword and the idea that Shirou becomes a demi-servant by fusing with the Heroic Spirit embodiment of SWORDS is hilarious.

I want Rasputin Kirei; but I also want Koschei the Deathless and the Baba Yaga in at some point.

I usually play RPG's where Koschei is genderflipped as a genderflipped Rurik the Great so I'm mentally prepared for it.

Koschei would've been historical peers with King Arthur based on some cursory googling of the origin of their legends so with Koschei being a bit of a lecher in legends it'd be funny and good to have two female Saber obsessed characters (including Medea).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Cu Alter did fuse with the giant monster he slayed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/899451747357384705

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Give us Tsukihime please.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope that they give Atilla alternate costumes for Wyatt Earp, Buffalo Bill, etc.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

Give us Tsukihime please.

But it doesn't print money unlike Fate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/new-fateextella-game-titled-fateextella-link#u7C02Zzq1gvxi1xr.99

Charlemagne Saber confirmed, maybe Astolfo is in too???

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm getting really tired of this Moon Cell setting, personally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I'm getting really tired of this Moon Cell setting, personally.
yeah the ccc event was the best possible capstone to that setting

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Personally, I just think it's a shame that it's cross-platform. Makes it really ugly compared to dedicated PS4 Warriors games.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I wonder if they'll remember to make the game actually fun to play this time

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Why does Fate refused to let anyone have a beard unless their story specifically mentions that they aren't supposed to have a beard? Is it like because we're in the fem-Arthur universe everyone's beard status was also reversed?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

Why does Fate refused to let anyone have a beard unless their story specifically mentions that they aren't supposed to have a beard? Is it like because we're in the fem-Arthur universe everyone's beard status was also reversed?

This is why Apocrypha's character designs are garbage - an entire two servants have reasonable, historically-appropriate beards, and they didn't even bother to give Jeanne a lush, flowing Bandholz.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apo designs are good other than Jack what the gently caress

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

This is why Apocrypha's character designs are garbage - an entire two servants have reasonable, historically-appropriate beards, and they didn't even bother to give Jeanne a lush, flowing Bandholz.
Fate has failed on the beard front since long before Apocrypha.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
They always summon the younger version of the servant at their 'peak' state or something blah blah

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Apo designs are good other than Jack what the gently caress

Achilles is a teenager wearing a Halloween costume he made out of cardboard and dustbin lids, Chiron is his boring dad, Atalanta is Anime Catgirl #98457, and Karna and Siegfried are gaudy, overdesigned disasters. Jack goes without saying, though at least she looks more otherworldly than Achilles. Jeanne is just Arthur with curves and random metal plates stuck all over the place. Spartacus ain't great, but his huge, goofy grin goes a long way towards salvaging the design. Will, Semiramis, and Vlad are pretty respectably cool, Astolfo is very characterful, and Fran and Avicebron are at least the fun kind of silly, even if they could stand to be a little less overdesigned.

So yeah, there are success stories, but in general, Apocrypha either piles on way too much ugly, unnecessary detail, goes real boring, or both, and really makes me miss Takeuchi's sleek, elegant, and understatedly mystical designs. Consider Fate/Zero - when Diarmuid is your worst (or, at least, least interesting) Servant design, you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Fate has failed on the beard front since long before Apocrypha.

Exactly. To have the occasional reasonable, character-appropriate beard is unforgivable.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Karna is good

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, multiple versions of Atalanta's tale end with her literally being divinely cursed into a lioness (for boning in a temple... because a different goddess threw a curse on her to do so. Seriously, it kind of needs to be repeated that the entire Greek pantheon were complete dicks). For once a design like that actually makes some sense in that some of said misfortune sticks.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Considering who he is, Karna's design is perfect.

It actually makes me mad how cheap they're being with the anime.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Conspiratiorist posted:

Considering who he is, Karna's design is perfect.

It actually makes me mad how cheap they're being with the anime.

A1 isn't ufotable no matter how much talent they spent on the first episode to make you think otherwise

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Apocrypha has been particularly cheap by A1 standards.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, multiple versions of Atalanta's tale end with her literally being divinely cursed into a lioness (for boning in a temple... because a different goddess threw a curse on her to do so. Seriously, it kind of needs to be repeated that the entire Greek pantheon were complete dicks). For once a design like that actually makes some sense in that some of said misfortune sticks.

I feel they could have been way more imaginative with it, though. Catgirl ears and tail and a pretty dress are really low-effort. C'mon, guys, try leaning into that harsh contrast between aristocratic elegance and savagery a little.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like how "unnecessary belts" has become the common clothing theme of the paladins

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Penthesilea is the only Greek myth character worth putting into things now and I want her to kill all of the Greek heroes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel they could have been way more imaginative with it, though. Catgirl ears and tail and a pretty dress are really low-effort. C'mon, guys, try leaning into that harsh contrast between aristocratic elegance and savagery a little.
try leaning into not posting, fucker

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Atlanta is famous for immediately losing her concentration the moment she saw something shiny and moving in her field of vision. A cat's not that big a stretch.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Captain Baal posted:

Penthesilea is the only Greek myth character worth putting into things now and I want her to kill all of the Greek heroes

Odysseus is great and my friend. :colbert:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guess Hakuno's gearing up for a safari, huh?

Wonder whether the enemy this time will be Velber again, or someone/something a little more left-field?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Screenshots and extra details.

They've really stepped up their environment game - that stained-glass floor looks great. Hopefully, that bit about the Servants' attacks looking even flashier will translate into some revised movesets - Karna in particular was kind of rubbish for a Top Servant, except for that one jump-and-dive move.