Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Sorry, this is going to be a bad OP for a good show.

Also this just happened: https://news.usni.org/2017/08/20/uss-john-mccain-collides-merchant-ship-south-china-sea-search-rescue-operations-underway

Tom Chandler would never have let this happen. But Tex was killed last season and that loving sucks.

The final season of The Last Ship starts tonight at 9pm!

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah as said this is season 4, the second to last season. There will be a season 5.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The Beard Season.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I hope the conspiracy behind the new agricultural plague is literally the Assassins :ubisoft:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'Murica Actual, on deck!!

o7

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Didn't they sign a deal for two more seasons, making next season the last one?

Also gently caress yeah this show. Glad to have a thread where I can post gently caress yeah! when this airs.

That jumping of the cliff!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I liked episode 2 of season one with the taliban.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The final season of The Last Ship starts tonight at 9pm!

Yeah as said this is season 4, the second to last season. There will be a season 5.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Oh, thats loving awesome!

Tenzarin posted:

I liked episode 2 of season one with the taliban.

Also the first appearance of Tex :smith:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Oh man, I'd forgotten Tex died. :(

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Nearly forgot about this, the best show, again.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Glad the show is back. Show is just awesome and fun.

Octy posted:

Oh man, I'd forgotten Tex died. :(

Poor Tex. I miss him.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I do miss the old intro of glorious 'MURICAN blue crushing weak commie red on the map, but the new one is loving slick

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
This is definitely my go to show for terrible cg explosions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Go balls out with this fuckin' show and have the new antagonist threat be a ghost navy or something.

Ghosts walking through walls and possessing the Executive Branch and poo poo.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Dissapointed no ladies with beards. Would've been great to see them just play it straight, all beard cast, even the kids. Only villains don't have beards. Good Guys Grow Beards (GGGB).

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'm not gonna rank it as #1, but Chandler's beard is up there with Riker's beard. It's pretty drat awesome.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This Greek dude is such a loving cliche I love it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I liked Chandler's little mug for the camera after slugging Moose (?) the fighter dude. You know at some point the Nathan James crew will see that video and realize the Captain is infiltratin'.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

commander Jane legit needs to grow a proper 'stache

the only thing standing between the show and perfection.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
🎶 Reunited and it feels so good 🎶

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Work with Greeks, can confirm, standard Greek.

Needs to say "Malakies" a lot more though.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 29, 2017

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

counterfeitsaint posted:

He's just the right amount of sleazy dirtbag and I love it.

This show is so loving dumb but I love it. I miss Tex though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss Inbar Lavi

Good job she es muy caliente in Imposters.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

counterfeitsaint posted:

The whole arena fight thing was amazingly over the top with the wise helper in the catacombs and the Most Italian Man Ever doing the announcements.

IRQ posted:

He's just the right amount of sleazy dirtbag and I love it.

This show is so loving dumb but I love it. I miss Tex though.

At least Tex's daughter is part of the crew now.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

quote:

At least Tex's daughter is part of the crew now.

I love these little details. They put a ton of detail into poo poo most shows wouldn't give a second thought, like the leader kid from the 2nd season who also ended up joining the crew.

And if that ending was 'merica as gently caress I don't know what is.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Well that makes a lot of sense really. I was really surprised to see Peter Weller show up last week for such a minor character, should have known better.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Minor? Could be a new crewtagonist... You don't use Peter Weller as a fire and forget weapon

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm mega hyped to see Robert Cop as a new antagonist on this show.

Finally, a proper villain.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

Minor? Could be a new crewtagonist... You don't use Peter Weller as a fire and forget weapon

I was totally in the airport when i posted that, just watched it.

Glad Robert Cop is the new big bad. he's hamming it up nicely.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Man i just love it when they fire missles to intercept other missles. Some good tactical gunplay in that ep too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've never seen this show outside the first like 15 miuntes. How do they get food. Do they fish. Can destroyers fish. How do they get their fiber.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never seen this show outside the first like 15 miuntes. How do they get food. Do they fish. Can destroyers fish. How do they get their fiber.

They stop at bases and resupply just often enough for the whole premise not to completely fall apart.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The crew and the ship are both fueled by purestrain 'Murican patriotism!

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
This show is a very weird mix of logistic realism and totally batshit Michael Bay military worship. I'm pretty sure they have a whole episode where getting a resupply from an abandoned Caribbean base leads to a 15 minute shoot out with terrorists that ends in a danger close artillery strike on a building from which several main characters emerge unscathed.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Also a very well thought out system of mechanistic genocide later on that also seems to generate electricity?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fasdar posted:

This show is a very weird mix of logistic realism and totally batshit Michael Bay military worship. I'm pretty sure they have a whole episode where getting a resupply from an abandoned Caribbean base leads to a 15 minute shoot out with terrorists that ends in a danger close artillery strike on a building from which several main characters emerge unscathed.

I've never seen ship captains slap on tac gear like a fat guy returning to a buffet either. For that matter, you know it's bad when there are E-1 through E-4's running the bridge while the whole senior cadre is on land battling the enemy in hand to hand combat.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 6, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Huh this show sounds more entertaining than I expected.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, I had come to accept that Chandler was just Captain Kirk going on every away mission, but now we have Captain Jayne and he's doing the same drat thing.

Fasdar posted:

This show is a very weird mix of logistic realism and totally batshit Michael Bay military worship. I'm pretty sure they have a whole episode where getting a resupply from an abandoned Caribbean base Guantanamo Bay leads to a 15 minute shoot out with terrorists that ends in a danger close artillery strike on a building from which several main characters emerge unscathed.

Speaking of things that happened in season 1, I wonder if the fact that crazy Russian captain detonated a nuke in France will come up since they're back in Europe.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah there's absolutely a Trek vein running through this show, Chandler even bangs the green alien chicks, or in this case a greek warlord's daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
This is the best Star Trek since TNG.

• Locked thread