Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

"She should have done the thing she knows would absolutely have killed her." And not doing so makes her bad, somehow???

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
His point was that if she cared about being the prophesied child as hard as Baam cared about her, she would have stepped into the trial. It would have meant her certain death, yes, as well as Baam's had Yuri not kicked his face in time, but it's more in the fact that she didn't even dare.

EDIT: Also I forgot about Ship/Shibisu, despite his last current appearance not even being that long ago, relatively speaking. He's just an ordinary guy, working the nine-to-five grind, together with his buds Hatz and Anak (and Endorsi I guess? I'm not sure which team she was on, I know it wasn't Baam's because of the dream team of Rak, Baam, and Khun). Same as Rachel, he doesn't have any special powers, he's just a smart dude who actually has friends and uses his intellect to climb the tower and help his teammates. That could be Rachel!!!! But no, she wants to be the special snowflake.

Like, I'm pretty sure Shibisu is actually the weakest member of Baam's circle of friends right now. I don't think he has anything to him other than his wits and brain. At least white haired sword guy has the ability to read the movements of an opponent's sword and counter it. But Shibisu never whines about it.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 18, 2017

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What Gologle said. How many times are you going to encounter what looks like certain death trying to climb the tower? How many times will that appearance of certain death be a reality? If it didn't happen then, it would have happened later for Rachel and she still would have balked. The only difference here is that instead of having someone like Lero-ro to put her down with just a wall of Shinsu; she got wrapped up in the FUG conspiracy thanks to Head-on.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-263/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=344

Hope you guys like Wangnan!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
That was a fantastic chapter! Although Baam and Rak's reunion should be very soon so I'm expecting a wild ride :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
How many years have we been sitting on that ring and it's significance?

drat these timely interruptions.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cool chapter, cool enough for me to want to talk about. Was the nanny a lost princess perhaps?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Cool chapter, cool enough for me to want to talk about. Was the nanny a lost princess perhaps?

Could be, I was thinking that her death was a fixed event. And that all of these princes were given nannies that were put on a timer and each of them were being monitored. To better foster the mentality in the princes to seek out Jahad at all costs and compel them upward.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Everytime I see her, I love Yuri Jahad all the more. Her design is perfect.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Every time she shows up I feel like her hair thingy is steadily getting larger.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure you need to catch and sacrifice all the princesses to unlock the star room with the rings. I wonder how long until we realize Yuri actually did go insane the last time she activated both swords?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I'm pretty sure you need to catch and sacrifice all the princesses to unlock the star room with the rings. I wonder how long until we realize Yuri actually did go insane the last time she activated both swords?

...She did, it just turned out that the 'insanity' was actually 'possession'.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Eopia posted:

...She did, it just turned out that the 'insanity' was actually 'possession'.

No, I mean when do we finally realize that possession didn't end when the swords got powered down and Yuri is in the middle of a multiple personality disorder.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-264/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=345 What the gently caress is even happening???

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well there's someone I didn't expect to see again

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

That's an interesting person to have had their data be stored in the Hidden Room.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i don't remember who that is. was it the guy in charge of the testing floor?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

i don't remember who that is. was it the guy in charge of the testing floor?

Yeah. Secret FUG member who loves instant coffee. Also everyone thought he was a girl for like the first 50 chapters. Though he doesn't seem to remember Baam so it's definitely a saved data version of Yu Han Sung from when he was on the Train, presumably.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This whole hidden floor thing is insane. To be clear, Jahad was gifted a mirror that creates a literal alternate dimension using the current state of the person when they entered the room. They found out that the people in the mirror dimensions actually live out their lives so they made it so no one could ever remember where/what the room was. Also, why didn't Rachel get flagged?? Is she not from outside the Tower as well? She's been in the hidden floor before?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Coffee Mugshot posted:

This whole hidden floor thing is insane. To be clear, Jahad was gifted a mirror that creates a literal alternate dimension using the current state of the person when they entered the room. They found out that the people in the mirror dimensions actually live out their lives so they made it so no one could ever remember where/what the room was. Also, why didn't Rachel get flagged?? Is she not from outside the Tower as well? She's been in the hidden floor before?

I don't know if the quarantine is what happens to people who are from outside the tower, given that it's whining about Baam not having a past (whatever that means). Rachel presumably has a past?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It singled Baam out because he lacks a past, not because he is an Irregular. Now, what that means, we do not yet know.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Here's some wild speculation :

The events between Zahard, Grace, and V happened literally a millennia ago. Baam obviously wasn't in darkness for a millennia, we've seen him grow. Because of that Baam was locked away for all that time dead/in stasis and awaiting reincarnation. The mirror looks into people's pasts and sees everything from their birth to the present. Rachel, Khun, everyone else has been active the entire time. When it looks into Baam's past, though, it sees countless years of nothing at all. The mirror can only assume this means he has no past until incredibly, incredibly recently (his time with Rachel pre-tower).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This reminds of the Neutral ending you get in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne when you play the game without adhering to a Reason. The system basically goes "Oh, gently caress you!", and then you punch it to death.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Maybe the mirror looks into a persons soul to see their history and Baam has none. Which is why he can absorb anything.

*edit*

Baam has no original soul I mean. He was killed as a baby and them something else got put in, right?

nimby fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 28, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah he was given to a god outside the tower, much time passed, and something happened? And then he came back.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I guess the undead baby irregular that can eat souls and steal abilities should probably be quarantined in this situation. Maybe the error message about not having a past was just a little off. I'm guessing that this is where we learn that Rachel really is the child of prophecy and Baam just shouldn't exist at all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I would love it if V, Baam's dad, does turn out to be a massive rear end in a top hat. Like, he wasn't hated because every male in Jahad's group apparently had a crush on Grace, he was actually a huge jerk.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Gologle posted:

I would love it if V, Baam's dad, does turn out to be a massive rear end in a top hat. Like, he wasn't hated because every male in Jahad's group apparently had a crush on Grace, he was actually a huge jerk.

The ol Harry Potter maneuver.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

I'm a week late but this was one of the best chapters visually in a long time. I mean, it was just a bunch of people shouting names in succession which should be really dumb, but it was well-presented.

e: And then the next chapter happened. Man, ToG has been on a roll for months on end now.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 29, 2017

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

TheDemon posted:

e: And then the next chapter happened. Man, ToG has been on a roll for months on end now.

The start of the Hell Train was a bit of a slog, but it is really paying off.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Okay this has been a funny prank but it's time for Tower of God to give back all the momentum it stole from God of High School now

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I haven't read god of high school since December apparently, is it worth catching up on?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tipme posted:

I haven't read god of high school since December apparently, is it worth catching up on?

I mean that poo poo is bonkers and also really amazing. Also it's still going on and I'm pretty confused about it. I'm sure Baam will meet Sun Wukong eventually...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tipme posted:

Since then the fifth arc ended in a suitably huge and insane fashion but then there was a big time skip and the sixth arc has been a very slow start.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

New one up.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-265/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=346

The sworn enemy thing is neat though Bam's seems kind of lame.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Is Baams sworn enemy not the Slayer candidate Viole Jue Grace, known soul eater and black hole thrower? Seems like it might be pretty hype.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Baam will end up either befriending and converting data-Viole or absorb his power into his own and double his power.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I love that Baam and Androssi immediately dump the coffee he gives them when he turns his back.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

nimby posted:

absorb his power into his own and double his power.

Uh oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So Baam's nemesis is himself as Viole, but what's Androssi's I wonder? Pretty sure they both have to be defeated to get out of the quarantine zone.