Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Real hurthling! posted:

Ori is good
Recore is an unfinished mess
Halo 5/gears 4 are more of those games.
Dead rising 3/4 are sucky versions of dead rising
Rare replay is good value
Ryse is launch window filler
Sunset overdrive is ok

Cant think if anymore games rn except forza

Sunset Overdrive has been my favourite GwG so far. Takes a bit of practice to master the parkour system, but when you do it feels awesome. I even found myself using it to travel after I had unlocked fast travel.

I actually enjoyed Dead Rising 3 but maybe because I played it co-op. I don't think it'd hold up well as a single player, since it's lacking alot of the things that made 1 & 2 great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I put $100 down on the fuckin thing at GameStop. Will trade in one of my Xbox One S’ for the $150 credit too.

Don’t even have a 4K tv yet lmao

gently caress it tho I’m gonna get one early next year. Might as well buy into this dumb half step poo poo now. And at least boost mode is at the system level so everything I play on Xbox will run better.

I preordered D2 and CoDWWII on PS4 so I guess the Xbox One X will be solely a Forza and Battlefront II machine Jesus I shouldn’t be allowed to have money

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Updated the OP to include the new release date for Crackdown 3.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm going to grab an X and trade in the ol' bone.

Will also be grabbing a 4K tv when I moved to my new place.

I'm bad with decisions.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's great to see the Xbox thread is full of joy and hardly any talk about "just get it on PC, bro," and other arguments that sound like vinyl-only audiophiles but for video games. I'm not sure what you call those people anyway, because that kind of nonsense is absent from these forums and not a thing that happens.

:)

Super chill.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Nice meltdown

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's great to see the Xbox thread is full of joy and hardly any talk about "just get it on PC, bro," and other arguments that sound like vinyl-only audiophiles but for video games. I'm not sure what you call those people anyway, because that kind of nonsense is absent from these forums and not a thing that happens.

:)

Super chill.

:agreed: Personally I have an Xbone, a Lenovo Y50 for gaming and a Macbook Pro for everything else. They all have upsides & downsides and I don't need a 60fps graphics nazi to tell me that. I just don't care.

I prefer the convenience of gaming on the Xbox and have a huge backlog for it thanks to GwG freebies. I just use the PC for RTS games, co-op games with my PC-only friends and random Steam games.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
would you say that gaming on xbox one is what people like you do

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's a weird and loaded question. Just make your joke.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm with you man. I prefer the convenience of console gaming and don't care about the extra performance I'd get from PC. But the guy everyone was initially responding to said he had a decent PC and preferred playing on that and he also has a PS4, and just bought the Xbox for exclusives...which there are virtually none.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I havent turned my xbox on in months so Im not getting a 4k xbox to play on my 1080P non-LED LCD display.

though even if it was a pS4 I wouldnt have turned it on, there is just nothing worth playing these days.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is the best year for games in like 10 years

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

This is the best year for games in like 10 years

......... on every platform except Xbox.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If I have an Xbox and will definitely buy the xbox one x, is it worth getting a ps4 for the exclusive games like horizon zero dawn and uncharted and all? I probably wouldn't even use it for anything but games. The Xbox one x has good games coming out for it right?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

veni veni veni posted:

I'm with you man. I prefer the convenience of console gaming and don't care about the extra performance I'd get from PC. But the guy everyone was initially responding to said he had a decent PC and preferred playing on that and he also has a PS4, and just bought the Xbox for exclusives...which there are virtually none.

xbonx

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

If I have an Xbox and will definitely buy the xbox one x, is it worth getting a ps4 for the exclusive games like horizon zero dawn and uncharted and all? I probably wouldn't even use it for anything but games. The Xbox one x has good games coming out for it right?

Well, it's worth just for the exclusives. Horizon ZD, Uncharted, Bloodborne (seriously this), Nioh, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami (out this month) and Persona 5 if you are into JRPGs. More coming in 2018. 2017 is been amazing so far and still more to come.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I still prefer xboxox

And I'm glad this thing sold out when I was out of country this weekend because I might have been tempted to pre-order even though I have a new PC with every good xbox game on it already.

Still hoping it does well because I am a tech whore and want consoles to keep up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ps4 has good games but why bother when you got a 499 console refresh coming in hot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I still prefer xboxox

And I'm glad this thing sold out when I was out of country this weekend because I might have been tempted to pre-order even though I have a new PC with every good xbox game on it already.

Still hoping it does well because I am a tech whore and want consoles to keep up.

They wont keep up, none of them actually care about performance specs

The x is continuing the jaguar cpu line that keeps most games locked at 30 fps.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

xboxox would not exist if they didn't care about specs. That's all it's good for. But yeah it isn't good enough.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I have pre-ordered the Xbox One X and am looking forward to playing games on it. I have a surround system at home and PC really sucks for this, the xbox I just connect the cable and my receiver goes into DTS mode automatically, amazing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TjyvTompa posted:

I have pre-ordered the Xbox One X and am looking forward to playing games on it. I have a surround system at home and PC really sucks for this, the xbox I just connect the cable and my receiver goes into DTS mode automatically, amazing.

All you do is just select the correct speakers in windows? I had no problem with dolby atmos surround on mine.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well there's no going back now. Dropped another $91 on some cheap games on Amazon.

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
Pacman Championship Edition 2

Put Halo Collection, Ezio Collection, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4, Rare Replay, and Minecraft Super Plus Pack & Lego Worlds (for the kid) in my wish list to wait for them to get cheap. I don't pay more than $19.99 for games. Unless it's Dark Souls or Sniper Elite at launch.

Can't wait to play some games on my XBOX One X and also conceal this frivolous waste of $600+ with taxes from the Mrs.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The gently caress do you mean there's no going back? It's a pre-order you can cancel, not a blood contract.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Guillermus posted:

Well, it's worth just for the exclusives. Horizon ZD, Uncharted, Bloodborne (seriously this), Nioh, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami (out this month) and Persona 5 if you are into JRPGs. More coming in 2018. 2017 is been amazing so far and still more to come.

Yeah, especially Bloodborne and Nier. Is a ps4 good enough or would a ps4 pro make an actual difference?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Chris Christie posted:

Well there's no going back now. Dropped another $91 on some cheap games on Amazon.

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Dead Rising

Put Halo Collection, Ezio Collection, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4, Rare Replay, and Minecraft Super Plus Pack & Lego Worlds (for the kid) in my wish list to wait for them to get cheap. I don't pay more than $19.99 for games. Unless it's Dark Souls or Sniper Elite at launch.

Can't wait to play some games on my XBOX One X and also conceal this frivolous waste of $600+ with taxes from the Mrs.

What the fu

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah, especially Bloodborne and Nier. Is a ps4 good enough or would a ps4 pro make an actual difference?

Bloodborne doesn't have an actual PS4 Pro patch but does benefit from Boost Mode and smooths out a few chunks where framerate got iffy.

Nier does have a Pro patch and its PC version is pretty broken.

In all cases the vanilla PS4 runs the games fine, though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

xboxox would not exist if they didn't care about specs. That's all it's good for. But yeah it isn't good enough.

Xbonx exists because everyone is all up ons the 4K. Consumers want 4K, so Microsoft told the xbox division to make an xbox that can technically play a 4K game.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Chris Christie posted:

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Dead Rising

This is a worse decision than closing the George Washington Bridge.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Chris Christie posted:

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Dead Rising

Make sure to spring for the gold plated HDMI cables!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're in for ten hours of fun!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chris Christie posted:

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Dead Rising

Have fun, and try not to let the Grima Worm-Tongues here bother you too much. Watch out! If you clap back they will accuse you of having a meltdown.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Have fun, and try not to let the Grima Worm-Tongues here bother you too much. Watch out! If you clap back they will accuse you of having a meltdown.

If you stop having meltdowns, people will stop complimenting your meltdowns.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
this just in:

Ryse: Son of Rome is a loving awesome game. I was looking for something to play, didn't want to get invested into anything too lengthy and time-consuming, had bought this for like 10 bucks on a sale a couple months ago but never played it... and it was exactly what I was looking for! Short, together, fun, incredible to look at, fast, good combat, cool locations, nice story...

And seriously it's 4 years old and still looks uh jaw-dropping

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

If you stop having meltdowns, people will stop complimenting your meltdowns.
lol

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

this just in:

Ryse: Son of Rome is a loving awesome game. I was looking for something to play, didn't want to get invested into anything too lengthy and time-consuming, had bought this for like 10 bucks on a sale a couple months ago but never played it... and it was exactly what I was looking for! Short, together, fun, incredible to look at, fast, good combat, cool locations, nice story...

What the fu

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

this just in:

source ur quotes

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

this just in:

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'll pick it up since it's $11 on Amazon for the Day One Edition. It's still $20 on Steam.

EDIT: Lords of the Fallen was $9. What the hell why not.

Chris Christie fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

lol